Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,558 members, 7,823,455 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (351) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (709327 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 6:32pm On Aug 11, 2015
profdot:
Visa approved today @ Lagos consulate.

Congratulations Profdot!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by GboyegaD(m): 6:33pm On Aug 11, 2015
coobboy:
Hello people, can i get websites that cheap gives links to cheap accomodation (apartments), in dallas.

Use Craig's list or talk to those around. You can get cheap apts.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 6:35pm On Aug 11, 2015
warriboy21:

is it safe?

You'll find plenty folks doing the same thing...keep your luggage close to you at all times.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by rkarang: 6:37pm On Aug 11, 2015
**Dancing Shakiti Bobo rah here grin cheesy **
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 6:39pm On Aug 11, 2015
texrem:
Visa delayed again by the lady that did the first interview...!!! I no no wetin I do her ooo

Sorry about your delay,again.
But I'm of the opinion that the same person cannot interview you a second time consecutively. I remember reading them somewhere, something about "fresh eyes" reviewing your case again.

Don't relent Sister...sometimes it gets worse before it gets better.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Teeswift(m): 6:49pm On Aug 11, 2015
Visa Approved @ Lagos consulate this morning 11.15am. Has anyone been approved a visa by that chinese guy @ Lagos embassy ? Cos it seems d guy derives pleasure in dissaproving pple's visa and likes asking technical questions.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by chidexhenry: 6:55pm On Aug 11, 2015
Teeswift:
Visa Approved @ Lagos consulate this morning 11.15am. Has anyone been approved a visa by that chinese guy @ Lagos embassy ? Cos it seems d guy derives pleasure in dissaproving pple's visa and likes asking technical questions.
congrats!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Ziondee(f): 6:59pm On Aug 11, 2015
Teeswift:
Congrats!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by texrem(m): 7:04pm On Aug 11, 2015
vibrant99:

what exactly did you answer the VO when he asked about ur sponsor and link, u didnt tell me anything, i dont know you, but that why you were rejected!

its in my transcript

who will be sponsoring you?
my mum
what does she do?
shes a contractor, she supplies building materials and electrical
equipments and she also owns a supermarket.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Teeswift(m): 7:07pm On Aug 11, 2015
texrem:
Visa delayed again by the lady that did the first interview...!!! I no no wetin I do her ooo

Bro am sorry abt tht, u nid to review and ascertain wat d prob is, The slim white lady in d 1st cubicle isn't that strict compared to d guy in cubicle 4(chinco). Cubicle 12 and 6 jst dey dash pple like water. Pray more bro, b confident, dont cram transcripts and b urself. U will get it bro.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by texrem(m): 7:10pm On Aug 11, 2015
Stewee:

Sorry about your delay,again.
But I'm of the opinion that the same person cannot interview you a second time consecutively. I remember reading them somewhere, something about "fresh eyes" reviewing your case again.

Don't relent Sister...sometimes it gets worse before it gets better.

Exactly......then I should raise a court case then...lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by texrem(m): 7:11pm On Aug 11, 2015
Teeswift:

Bro am sorry abt tht, u nid to review and ascertain wat d prob is, The slim white lady in d 1st cubicle isn't that strict compared to d guy in cubicle 4(chinco). Cubicle 12 and 6 jst dey dash pple like water. Pray more bro, b confident, dont cram transcripts and b urself. U will get it bro.

I did all that...I didn't sound like I crammed..I was full of confidence talking to her as if she's my sister...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by texrem(m): 7:12pm On Aug 11, 2015
Teeswift:

congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Tosinng(m): 7:19pm On Aug 11, 2015
Teeswift:

Congrats!
My VISA was approved by the chinese guy this Morning 9.30am session.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:29pm On Aug 11, 2015
Spanishmario:

You got mail bro...

Didn't see any
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by vibrant99(m): 7:29pm On Aug 11, 2015
texrem:

its in my transcript

my mum
what does she do?
shes a contractor, she supplies building materials and electrical
equipments and she also owns a supermarket.

Technically, the VO didnt see that as a reliable backbone to carry through an American system of Education (Trust me it is there in context) The relationship and capability of your sponsor is everything, They always want to see what the person have in Account and who the person is, so take some while off the consulate and find another sponsor, i will be here to take the blame if they reject you once more!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:30pm On Aug 11, 2015
texrem:
What re ur study plans in us?
To pursue a master degree in engineering technology. A master degree in engineering technology will equip me with the technical skills required to maintain, operate, coordinate n supervise in a production system which in turn will make me a valuable asset n I will have edge when applying for managerial positions in multinational companies like chevron shell Mobil by the time I return to Nigeria(she was nodding)

okay, why etsu?

I choose etsu because the curriculum explores the technologies found in our industrial society such as implementation and utilization of adaptive system (okay n keeps nodding)n other technical means. there's currently a research which aligns with my career which is the investigation into the effect of recycled concrete aggregate strength on d strength of concrete using it(OK n she keeps nodding) and its currently chaired by professor Johnson kieth in the faculty of technology. I contacted him via emails n phonecalls (,she cuts me)

How many schools did u apply to?

I applied to 4 schools

name others?
Ohio state uni...Wayne state uni...university of north texas

when did u graduate?

my mum

what does she do?
shes a contractor, she supplies building materials and electrical equipments and she also owns a supermarket.

where do u work?

Dangote industries limited

what do u do there?
I work as production operations engineer

she keeps on typing for like 3 mins...i tot God don ans my prayer na until she said sorry n gave me the 214b again...no doc asked....wetin I do her....I was full of confidence!!!
Oh sorry. In your next interview, please do not give too many information, it easily gets someone bored. You know VOs have a lot of people to interview. Rather learn to use humor on any of them and the visa is yours.

Sometimes, you use a sense of humor on somebody to brighten up his day, make him laugh and get what you want.

Will let you know some phrases to use inaddition to your answer to make a VO laugh.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Ziondee(f): 7:31pm On Aug 11, 2015
texrem:

Exactly......then I should raise a court case then...lol
got your mail
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Ziondee(f): 7:33pm On Aug 11, 2015
DeeTus:
Oh sorry. In your next interview, please do not give too many information, it easily gets someone bored. You know VOs have a lot of people to interview. Rather learn to use humor on any of them and the visa is yours.

Sometimes, you use a sense of humor on somebody to brighten up his day, make him laugh and get what you want.

Will let you know some phrases to use inaddition to your answer to make a VO laugh.
yes exactly
thats what I told him

just go straight to the point
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by texrem(m): 7:35pm On Aug 11, 2015
DeeTus:

okay...got that
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by texrem(m): 7:36pm On Aug 11, 2015
vibrant99:

Technically, the VO didnt see that as a reliable backbone to carry through an American system of Education (Trust me it is there in context) The relationship and capability of your sponsor is everything, They always want to see what the person have in Account and who the person is, so take some while off the consulate and find another sponsor, i will be here to take the blame if they reject you once more!

Wait a minute! are u saying my mum isn't a good sponsor?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:38pm On Aug 11, 2015
texrem:

why didn't you tell her about your merit scholarship?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by texrem(m): 7:42pm On Aug 11, 2015
slimmy05:
why didn't you tell her about your merit scholarship?

Boss I was about to conclude my statement with it but she cut me..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 11, 2015
texrem:

Boss I was about to conclude my statement with it but she cut me..
next time start with it. I got a Merit Schokarship which takes care of 50% of my tuition and my mum would take care of the rest. There is no time again. Defer till fall semester and have them send you a new i-20, then you can go for interview in October which is just two months away. This will afford you time for good preparation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by vibrant99(m): 7:48pm On Aug 11, 2015
texrem:

Your VO is a woman right? Dont go to her with a "MUM" sponsor stories , She rejected you because she couldn't get into ur personal life, there are questions she would have loved to ask you, but they are private to you, she feels frustrated.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:51pm On Aug 11, 2015
vibrant99:

Your VO is a woman right? Dont go to her with a "MUM" sponsor stories , She rejected you because she couldn't get into ur personal life, there are questions she would have loved to ask you, but they are private to you, she feels frustrated.
this is not true. His mum being his sponsor is not out of place. There are several factors that you wouldn't see by mere reading his transcript.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:54pm On Aug 11, 2015
Ziondee:
yes exactly
thats what I told him

just go straight to the point

In as much as there are things we should not say, say, do, or not do during the interview, from personal experience, there's no hard and fast rule to getting one's visa approved..

During my first interview, I was as succinct as possible while giving my response, not to mention my confidence level that weighed 200%, yet I was religiously denied...During the second interview, I was as detailed and as honest as Jesus Christ, yet I was approved...one lesson I learnt from my experience be say Na God dey give visa...Shikina...So, pray, pray and pray...most importtly cut a deal with God...it really works
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by texrem(m): 7:55pm On Aug 11, 2015
slimmy05:
next time start with it. I got a Merit Schokarship which takes care of 50% of my tuition and my mum would take care of the rest. There is no time again. Defer till fall semester and have them send you a new i-20, then you can go for interview in October which is just two months away. This will afford you time for good preparation.

Thanks ...okay
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by texrem(m): 7:57pm On Aug 11, 2015
Sorbital:

In as much as there are things we should not say, say, do, or not do during the interview, from personal experience, there's no hard and fast rule to getting ones visa approved..

During my first interview, I was as succinct as possible why giving my response, not to mention my confidence level that weighed 200%, yet I was religiously denied...During the second interview, I was as detailed and as honest as Jesus Christ, yet I was approved...one lesson I learnt from my experience be say Na God dey give visa...Shikina...So, pray, pray and pray...most importtly cut a deal with God...it really works

I prayed n fasted for more than a week n also cut a deal.....why d delayed?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by vibrant99(m): 8:02pm On Aug 11, 2015
slimmy05:
this is not true. His mum being his sponsor is not out of place. There are several factors that you wouldn't see by mere reading his transcript.

I am telling you of this multiple rejections, If you insist on more trials, Then i will be here to see the results, I just took you into the mind of that VO, simple.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 11, 2015
vibrant99:

A female VO to a guy is always nice and can easily develop a good rapport.

If you have a handsome face, start using it, if you have a good swag, start to use it as well, and so on. grin

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by vibrant99(m): 8:08pm On Aug 11, 2015
DeeTus:
A female VO to a guy is always nice and can easily develop a good rapport.

If you have a handsome face, start using it, if you have a good swag, start to use it as well, and so on. grin

And when you have to meet the same person who rejected you? , No one seems to get the point am raising, go tru my replies or quote with Tex!

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.