Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,215 members, 7,836,050 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (385) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (711257 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by djmakson(m): 1:45pm On Aug 19, 2015
@ SirRiddy or whoever has had the experience.

WES sent me two emails last night, one notifying me that photocopies of my documents have been sent to my school for verification while the other mail contains the snapshot of my profile showing 'Received documents awaiting verification'.

The confusing thing is that:

1. I have not been able to track the document with the tracking number sent to me by my school official which he told me he sent last Friday.

2. When I checked my WES account, it still showed 'Awaiting required documents'.

And then I was thinking since the mails seem to be automatic, it could have been sent in error.

Who else has experienced this before? I need someone to allay my fears.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Eduu50(m): 2:49pm On Aug 19, 2015
So my appointment was for 6:30 am, Was at the consulate at 5:50am. Joined the queue as everyone else and after the instructions we proceeded for the security checks and screening. I forgot to sign my i20 so I had to sign it during the screening. We were seated in the hall, I think I was the ninth person on the row and it was now a waiting game....u can imagine the tension in my system, I had to go and take a leak to calm me self down a little bit cry. Ah well, the V.O's started tricking in; one after the other and visa interview started.

It got to me turn rather quickly, nice looking gentleman at window 3. The following discussion ensued;

V.O: Good morning, how are you today
Me: Very well, good morning. How are you.

V.O:Great. So please pass your docs
Me:Alright. Here we go (passes the docs)

V.O: we will verify your prints now
Me: ok and then we quickly get that done with

V.O:So why are you going to the US.
Me: o am going for my Ms in chem eng at the louisiana tech uni.

V.O: Do you hold a bachelor's
Me: yes, in chemical engineering

V.o: Did you consider other schools
Me: Yeah, sure. I sha named them

V.O: and u preferred LA tech
Me: quite frankly, only two of the schools I applied to offered me admission. And La tech was to me a bargain when u consider the cost against the quality of education in comparison to the other school. Beyond that, they have very focused research that matches my own interests. I am interested in alternative energy sources. In my undergraduate, I had investigated the effects of altering reaction processes in fermentation with yeast (I sha used the botanical name of yeast). And the department has several ongoing research efforts in this area

V.o cuts in....have you been in contact with any member of faculty to find out specifics
Me: oh yes, I have been in touch with Prof James Palmer (I m think I said prof d palmer or something but I didn't purse for a sec ) and he has research ongoing in effective production of cellulosic ethanol. Also they are researching effective adsorption in the Fischer tropsc process.

V.o: when did u graduate
Me: 2008

Types for a while and repeats the question; when did u say u graduated again:
Me: 2008

V.o: have u worked
Me: yes, with Tech daer services limited. A small oil servicing firm where we basically ....proceeded to describe job functions as I filled on the form ds160. I could sense he was now really looking at my form d 160

V.o: what we're u employed as?
Me: field engineer

V.o: who pays?
Me: my uncle

V.o: what does he do
Me: he owns a trading company, does major supplies and has sole distributorship for some companies

At this point, he separated the passport and d ds160 confirmation from the other docs....na den I know Say e don enter

Well, he starts smiling and then passes my other docs and says that I should keep them handy as I will be needing them when I enter the states.

That's how it went o. Join me in thanking God.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by sorbitall: 3:13pm On Aug 19, 2015
akin3102:
August 24

when are you flying
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 3:25pm On Aug 19, 2015
WES has sent a scanned copy of your transcripts for verification.
This will usually take a week or two since WES sends it using regular
mail. You just need to contact the transcripts office of your
undergraduate institution and let them know that they should receive
the scanned copy and reply WES, usually by mail.
djmakson:
@ SirRiddy or whoever has had the experience.

WES sent me two emails last night, one notifying me that photocopies of my documents have been sent to my school for verification while the other mail contains the snapshot of my profile showing 'Received documents awaiting verification'.

The confusing thing is that:

1. I have not been able to track the document with the tracking number sent to me by my school official which he told me he sent last Friday.

2. When I checked my WES account, it still showed 'Awaiting required documents'.

And then I was thinking since the mails seem to be automatic, it could have been sent in error.

Who else has experienced this before? I need someone to allay my fears.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by djmakson(m): 3:39pm On Aug 19, 2015
Thank you bro. God bless you. I actually paid an extra fee to hasten up the verification process as I have a deadline to beat. I expect WES to have sent the copies by courier.

sirRiddy:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by GboyegaD(m): 3:42pm On Aug 19, 2015
coobboy:

Omo men cost of living mad gan for here no be small thing, me and my sister wan stay same apartment for plano just 0.1mile to my school, but e expensive die $850 for rent $200 each for deposit fee and app fee 50$each as in eh, the thing weak me, we see cheaper apartments, but my uncle dey say neighbourhood no safe, anyhow e go be sha.

Plano is an expensive area to live however, this is just part of the price to pay for greatness.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by GboyegaD(m): 3:47pm On Aug 19, 2015
coobboy:

Na so, na to gather students wey go share accommodation expenses for one apartment sure pass.

That's a more cheaper way. Don't mind the Nigerians that will form papas for you that two guys can't share a room meanwhile back in Nigeria they lived in a room where they were over 10.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ttmacoy: 3:53pm On Aug 19, 2015
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by fregkay: 3:55pm On Aug 19, 2015
Congrats bro,we await your transcript.
chico5cent:
Visa approved this morning in abuja.... after being delayed twice, the third time God broke all protocols for my sake... no documents was asked for... I'm dancing ShokiTibobo "new dance I jst invented" for God oooo. Tnkx to evryone on dis trend... I hav been a silent follower.. I encourage evryone dat has been delayed bfor... God who did it for me is still at work.. neva give up.. tnx once again to evryone.. God bless u all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by sorbitall: 3:56pm On Aug 19, 2015
If you stay in Lag, I can sell $1000 at N225/$

Hurry now...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ttmacoy: 3:57pm On Aug 19, 2015
Harvard does admit Nigerians and depending in your credentials they have scholarships.

Getting into Harvard is a very difficult task and involves years of preparation and planning, and is not cheap so tends to be out of scope for many especially when the decision to study abroad is made just a few months to application deadlines.

Most of the Nigerians in Harvard will probably be those already in the US system, but I am sure there will be a few who get in from Nigeria.

i.e according to Harvard website, there are currently 56 Nigerians enrolled at Harvard (undergrad and postgrad).

tobishills12:
After sampling this tread through scanning (although not every) I wish to give commendations to all those present to give answers to confusing posers.

now I have a question

1. I have never seen anyone talk about Harvard university since I have been on this forum (ghost mode), does it look like Harvard does not admit Nigerian Students?

2. Should an average student in terms of cash dream of going to Harvard to have his masters (giving the fact that he is kind of brilliant, like a student with first class honors)?

3. What chance does Nigerian student have in terms of scholarship—i mean full scholarship?

Urgent response will be highly appreciated.
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by akin3102(m): 4:06pm On Aug 19, 2015
Aug 22
sorbitall:

when are you flying
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by dworldsbest: 4:17pm On Aug 19, 2015
Hello gurus, does a student need to send the visa page of his passport to the school chosen before coming to the U.S.?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by brosdoncome(m): 4:19pm On Aug 19, 2015
I can see that students who are resuming on the 25th of Aug. got their visas today. I got an emergency appointment to be interviewed today but since I didn't get any extension from my university to shift my resumption date from 25th to 1st of Sept., I cancelled and rescheduled an appointment in October when I must have gotten another Form I-20.

My fear was, if I had not cancelled my Aug. 19th emergency appointment and went ahead with my interview, would the V.O have capitalized on the date on arrival (not later than 17/08/15) stated in my Form I-20 in determining my visa eligibility? And if I had scaled through, would I be allowed at the Port of Entry?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by coobboy(m): 4:21pm On Aug 19, 2015
GboyegaD:

Plano is an expensive area to live however, this is just part of the price to pay for greatness.

Thank you big boss for the motivation
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by coobboy(m): 4:22pm On Aug 19, 2015
GboyegaD:

That's a more cheaper way. Don't mind the Nigerians that will form papas for you that two guys can't share a room meanwhile back in Nigeria they lived in a room where they were over 10.
Lol haha, true.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by mbeenox: 4:33pm On Aug 19, 2015
sorbitall:
If you stay in Lag, I can sell $1000 at N225/$

Hurry now...

Chairman no be so life dey, I dey send u emails u no fit reply me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by sorbitall: 4:41pm On Aug 19, 2015
mbeenox:

No be so bro... Observe the second 'l' I added to my moniker...Had to delete the other account for some personal reasons and open this very one...The new email address, I hadly open it..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by sorbitall: 4:43pm On Aug 19, 2015
akin3102:
Aug 22

Wao..Na fire brigade approach you use o... Why didnt you apply for a week extension at least
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by mbeenox: 4:49pm On Aug 19, 2015
sorbitall:

No be so bro... Observe the second 'l' I added to my moniker...Had to delete the other account for some personal reasons and open this very one...The new email address, I hadly open it..

Se u go hear me out? Coz e get 1 thing I won ask u, just open ur email n read it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by sorbitall: 4:55pm On Aug 19, 2015
mbeenox:

Se u go hear me out? Coz e get 1 thing I won ask u, just open ur email n read it

I just replied...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by sorbitall: 4:58pm On Aug 19, 2015
If you stay in Lagos, I have $1000 for sale....@N225/$

Hurry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by GboyegaD(m): 5:04pm On Aug 19, 2015
sorbitall:

Hurry

Hope you are not round tripping.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 5:21pm On Aug 19, 2015
sorbitall:

Hurry

You don turn bureau de change be that oo grin cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by djmakson(m): 6:49pm On Aug 19, 2015
sirRiddy:

I called WES and for about 5 minutes, they were still playing music like those CC lines of Naija network providers. My friend in the US called on my behalf using my reference number and they confirmed they've actually received my transcript and sent copies to my school for verification.

Now they are asking for my certificate. The only option I have is sending it by fax as there's no email contact.

Abeg who knows where I send documents by fax and an idea of how much it costs?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 19, 2015
You can scan the document and mail it to your friend who can print and mail it to WES for you.
He should mail it to the normal WES address with your reference number.
djmakson:

I called WES and for about 5 minutes, they were still laying music like those CC lines of Naija network providers. My friend in the US called on my behalf using my reference number and they confirm they've actually received my transcript and sent copies to my school for verification.

Now they are asking for my certificate. The only option I have is sending it by fax as there's no email contact.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by sorbitall: 8:08pm On Aug 19, 2015
$500 for sale at the rate of N215/$

Hurry now....for those that stay in Lagos
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by HoneyBronzed: 8:22pm On Aug 19, 2015
You guys is PNC Bank a good bank? I can't deal with BOA mtce fee or 1500 av balance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by emmbee86: 8:34pm On Aug 19, 2015
Hello everyone,

It looks like only community colleges offer IT courses, some as certificate course and others included in the associate degree curriculum.
The question is as an IT person in Nigeria, graduated from uni in 2003, what are ones chances of getting a student visa for an IT courses given that one can't get a good training center in Nigeria with a good hands-on training.
I have been a trainer and we don't deliver well, no serious hands on and tech know how.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by djmakson(m): 8:57pm On Aug 19, 2015
God bless you SirRiddy. I'll explore that option. Thanks.

sirRiddy:
You can scan the document and mail it to your friend who can print and mail it to WES for you.
He should mail it to the normal WES address with your reference number.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ddbluv: 9:58pm On Aug 19, 2015
mbeenox:

If u use your GTB, its N225 to a $$, so theres no point if he isnt going lower than that. Why not go buy PTA at the selected branches
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by zeezahbee(f): 10:27pm On Aug 19, 2015
djmakson:

I called WES and for about 5 minutes, they were still playing music like those CC lines of Naija network providers. My friend in the US called on my behalf using my reference number and they confirmed they've actually received my transcript and sent copies to my school for verification.

Go to fax zero.com or http://www.myfax.com/free/ .

All you need is scan the document and send it

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.