Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,188 members, 7,829,252 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (382) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (710073 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 12:33am On Aug 18, 2015
Basit99:
pls is there anyother way i can pay for savis fee without goin to seme border, anybody wit more info sud pls add me on whatapp i will pay any extra charges

Look for someone in the USA to pay for you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by happney65: 1:01am On Aug 18, 2015
Walspring:

Which of the orile

Is it orile iganmu or orile agege

Orile Soka grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by anikemoses(m): 1:43am On Aug 18, 2015
Basit99:
pls is there anyother way i can pay for savis fee without goin to seme border, anybody wit more info sud pls add me on whatapp i will pay any extra charges
i can pay for u if u don't mind..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by samnoah(m): 2:10am On Aug 18, 2015
Reporting from Urbana Champaign. I've seen countless Chinese students arriving campus as new students here at UIUC. E be like say na only them waka come. Still trying to get use to a lot in the environment though including the time difference. @godG sorry for that experience!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by godG: 2:17am On Aug 18, 2015
samnoah:
Reporting from Urbana Champaign. I've seen countless Chinese students arriving campus as new students here at UIUC. E be like say na only them waka come. Still trying to get use to a lot in the environment though including the time difference. @godG sorry for that experience!

Thanks, bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 2:34am On Aug 18, 2015
happney65:

Orile Soka grin grin

Hmmmmmm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by foohard: 2:53am On Aug 18, 2015
You get am my Oga...

slimmy05:
That kind swag
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by foohard: 2:56am On Aug 18, 2015
If it wont violate the F1 120 days rule, SHOOT abeg.

awe2015:
Abeg gurus, can i book my interview this month against September 10th School opens on 8th January 2016 and I wish to have everything prepared and sought out before december...so I am left with 3 months. Any advice? slimmy05, bigfrancis1, deetus, profjah...make una put mouth biko!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by foohard: 2:58am On Aug 18, 2015
My 2cents advise, look for a University.

newstudenthere:
@lagosniv Please i'm kind of new here and i was kind of wondering if community college really affects my chance of getting a visa approved, i'm a complete noob in this affect so if it really does affect it tell me why and if there is a way i could make a difference...
Shout out to every other gurus out there helping people, you guys are LIFE......
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by mbeenox: 3:18am On Aug 18, 2015
zeezahbee:
Stanbic and fidelity

How come fidelity, fidelity charges 236
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by coobboy(m): 4:06am On Aug 18, 2015
Walspring:

Lol.. I can't laugh because these banks deceive no be small

As in eh, me sef go bé open fidelity bank account, instead make i dey use my firstbank jeje. Dem to dey lie
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by zeezahbee(f): 5:24am On Aug 18, 2015
mbeenox:

How come fidelity, fidelity charges 236
Ehn Ehn, it's been a whole I used fidelity oo, I to they had a good deal

Stanbic is d cheapest anyway
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by walegatz: 7:26am On Aug 18, 2015
i got my visa approved on aug 11 with community college i20.it all depends on how you defend your choice. goodluck
DeeTus:
@Newstudenthere, clap for yourself. You already shot yourself in the dark by planning to go to the embassy with a Community College I-20. grin

You need to learn from other people's mistake and get the best out of life.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:55am On Aug 18, 2015
walegatz:
i got my visa approved on aug 11 with community college i20.it all depends on how you defend your choice. goodluck
Good. But any verifiable data? Now, I've got to realize some people on this social network are full of lies.

The Internet is like the Wild Wild West to them. They feel they can say anything and not be held accountable.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by dworldsbest: 8:30am On Aug 18, 2015
Good day gurus, I just purchased my ticket to New York n will have a layover of 13hrs+ at Dubai. My question is (1) will emirate airline book a hotel for me during this long period?(2) will my feeding be taken care of by them?
Urgent reply needed!
Regards
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by tobishills12(m): 8:36am On Aug 18, 2015
After sampling this tread through scanning (although not every) I wish to give commendations to all those present to give answers to confusing posers.

now I have a question

1. I have never seen anyone talk about Harvard university since I have been on this forum (ghost mode), does it look like Harvard does not admit Nigerian Students?

2. Should an average student in terms of cash dream of going to Harvard to have his masters (giving the fact that he is kind of brilliant, like a student with first class honors)?

3. What chance does Nigerian student have in terms of scholarship—i mean full scholarship?

Urgent response will be highly appreciated.
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Notonlyamerika: 8:41am On Aug 18, 2015
Walspring:

Which of the orile

Is it orile iganmu or orile agege
Orile Iganmu
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Notonlyamerika: 8:51am On Aug 18, 2015
Hello gurus in the house, pls who knows the direction to murtala Muhammed int'l airport (int'l wing) from Orile Iganmu bus stop?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 18, 2015
Notonlyamerika:
Hello gurus in the house, pls who knows the direction to murtala Muhammed int'l airport (int'l wing) from Orile Iganmu bus stop?
Take a bus going to Ikeja and then tell the bus driver or conductor that you're heading to International Airport, they know where to drop you and you connect to another bus.

Or better still, if you have some bucks, just take a taxi. It's less stressful though.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Theflint1(m): 9:49am On Aug 18, 2015
tobishills12:
After sampling this tread through scanning (although not every) I wish to give commendations to all those present to give answers to confusing posers.

now I have a question

1. I have never seen anyone talk about Harvard university since I have been on this forum (ghost mode), does it look like Harvard does not admit Nigerian Students?

2. Should an average student in terms of cash dream of going to Harvard to have his masters (giving the fact that he is kind of brilliant, like a student with first class honors)?

3. What chance does Nigerian student have in terms of scholarship—i mean full scholarship?

Thanks.
Lol...Harvard of course admit Nigerian's. There are peeps on the thread that are in very good American universities, even ivy league colleges.

Yes, you can dream of going to Harvard but you should know that you would be competing against students as excellent as you are if not more, with wonderful GPAs, test scores, letter(s) of recommendation and tons of achievement outside the regular academic setting(most important) so its extremely competitive but achievable albeit mostly via luck cause Harvard rejects tons of 'qualified' students.

Ivy league colleges award scholarships based on financial need ( including full ride awards)which I suspect you qualify for.

There tons of materials online to guide you on getting the Harvard admit. But note, if its not just about being the guy that went to Harvard but of your need for quality academic tutoring, you can get the quality education in any decently ranked university in the USA.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:51am On Aug 18, 2015
tobishills12:

now I have a question

Thanks.
In life, everyone's plan differs.

Aside results, Harvard will grant you admission as an international student, if you have leadership qualities and so on and had written verifiable articles.

Getting a full-scholarship at Harvard is really, really difficult but is possible if you're a genius.

Though i knew someone who got it on PhD level after his masters degree at MIT. Now, the man is a scatteredbrain. If he asks you to wait, you better don't, if you do, you're only wasting your time. He calls you to come meet him somewhere, when you come, you find out he hasn't made any arrangement for accomodation for you and both of you had to manage the same bed and in the midnight, he'll be messing grin grin

I guess it has to do with too much education.

Well "all your dreams can come through if you have the courage to pursue them". But you need to be realistic and know your limitations.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by emperorlog: 9:52am On Aug 18, 2015
Hello house, pls I need advice from gurus as regards my prospective visa application. I have a first degree in engineering and MBA. I intend to Take anothet masters Degree in project management in the USA.

Question : Does change of course/field affect one's chances of getting a F1 visa?

My my dad will be the one to finance me. I am to take over the family construction company eventually after he retires, My reason for crossing over to managerial field. Are these good answers if questions from the VO comes in these directions.

I work with the company currently as a field engineer

Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by tobishills12(m): 11:06am On Aug 18, 2015
DeeTus:

Aside results, Harvard will grant you admission as an international student, if you have leadership qualities and so on and had written verifiable articles.

Getting a full-scholarship at Harvard is really, really difficult but is possible if you're a genius.

Though i knew someone who got it on PhD level after his masters degree at MIT. Now, the man is a scatteredbrain. If he asks you to wait, you better don't, if you do, you're only wasting your time. He calls you to come meet him somewhere, when you come, you find out he hasn't made any arrangement for accomodation for you and both of you had to manage the same bed and in the midnight, he'll be messing grin grin

Well "all your dreams can come through if you have the courage to pursue them". But you need to be realistic and know your limitations.
DeeTus:

DeeTus:

can you please explicate what you meant by leadership qualities?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 11:39am On Aug 18, 2015
coobboy:

As in eh, me sef go bé open fidelity bank account, instead make i dey use my firstbank jeje. Dem to dey lie

Lol... Didn't I tell you and mosaic that all these banks can scam and lie

Imagine a bank charged me #226 per dollar and when refunding back my money #195 per dollar was returned.. I no fit cry that day..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 11:46am On Aug 18, 2015
Notonlyamerika:

Orile Iganmu

Okay and do you want direction for commercial bus or taxi ? Majority of all taxi driver know the place and can drive you there but if you taking commercial bus just try and board the one going to ikeja and when you get there ask and walk down to the bride close to the general hospital and take a navy blue bus or normal yellow bus going to international airport..

I hope this help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 12:27pm On Aug 18, 2015
Theflint1:
Bro u for just say "visa approved today" instead of posting this "highly classified document."

Friends thanks for your constructive criticisms i am really sorry for my somewhat selfish reply. Please NLs forgive but it was not intentional. This is a more detailed transcripts i gained a lot from everyone here and i see no reason not to add value here. Once again am sorry

Transcript:
V.O greets me and types for over 1 minute then asked me the following questions:

V.O: Where are you going to?
M: Minnesota

Why
For graduate studies in Thomistic theology

which school
University of St Thomas MN

How did you know about this school?
it was recommended to me by my sponsors

Who is your sponsor
catholic Archdiocese of *************

Why?
Because they are into an exchange programme in which students come over to the us to learn theology and gain pastoral experience after which they return to their countries to put the knowledge acquired into practice

She then asked me two questions pertaining my course and the catholic faith.

Then she folded my DS160 into my PP, kept it aside,gave me my I20 and rang the golden words into my ears and i am like thank you Ma have a blessed day (I LOVE YOU)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Teeboy22(m): 12:28pm On Aug 18, 2015
Walspring:

Lol... Didn't I tell you and mosaic that all these banks can scam and lie

Imagine a bank charged me #226 per dollar and when refunding back my money #195 per dollar was returned.. I no fit cry that day..

smiles....bro...how u dey
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by imperiouxx(m): 12:53pm On Aug 18, 2015
walegatz:

Yea, you got it, you should just be somewhere and praising your God and not showcasing it like it's the yardstick.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 1:09pm On Aug 18, 2015
tobishills12:
[b][/b]

Having the charisma to stand upright in the society and of course, being arrogant in a good and the ability to speak with motivation as well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by imperiouxx(m): 1:31pm On Aug 18, 2015
tobishills12:

now I have a question

Thanks.

Not only that their admission process is stringent, just a 2 year program in Harvard is like robbing a bank for tuition. They have Nigerians but they are mostly American born or those that migrated to U.S as child. For a Straight Outta Naija, you will be one very lucky genius if at all your application is considered for evaluation.

Their scholarship is very very very (x3) competitive. Harvard like other private schools is designed for you to pay with student loan if your parents can't afford the huge tuition and student loan is given if you have an American or resident who can cosign for you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by imperiouxx(m): 1:32pm On Aug 18, 2015
tobishills12:

What's your achievement so far? Let's start from there.

(1) (2) (3) ... (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.