Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. (17786 Views)

Buhari Rejects New CSO By DSS / Revealed: G7 Govs Can’t Leave Pdp Apc Rejects New Pdp Condition For Alliance / TUC Rejects New Electricity Tariffs ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by sjeezy8: 2:26am On Sep 12, 2009
stop lyin ^^^^
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by ezeagu(m): 2:35am On Sep 12, 2009
sjeezy8:

stop lyin ^^^^

Uhh, I don't think like you, nor should you think I think like you, so when did you become a mind reader. Mystic Jeezy, I'm not a predictable person.
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by sjeezy8: 2:37am On Sep 12, 2009
ok maybe you can but what about the majority of igbos

will they accept an hausa muslim
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by Bialegend(m): 2:40am On Sep 12, 2009
namun:

imagine a hausa man being the vice chancellof of university of nigeria, nnuka. as an igbo would u support such?
Nama, your awusa person was the first mayor of Enugu which is a whole Igbo city, and heaven didn't fall. He wasn't appointed, but was elected by the good Igbo people of Enugu city. Can the opposite happen any where in your northern nigeria enclave?
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by ezeagu(m): 2:42am On Sep 12, 2009
sjeezy8:

ok maybe you can but what about the majority of igbos

will they accept an hausa muslim

It's a university, I can't talk for anyone, but I'm sure they would. If he was good and better than anyother candidate, and had no 'hidden agenda'? Come on these are uni folks, it's not like their electing premier of the East.  grin
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by spoOne: 9:13am On Sep 12, 2009
I think the Edos have a legitimate gripe, if the previous VC mainly staffed UNIBEN with Igbos. Personal experience tells me this probably what happened.
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by Deepfreezer(m): 2:35pm On Sep 10, 2011
They can go smash their head against the wall. The woman is the acting VC. Aint nuffin they can do about it.
With comment I've read here Nigeria can Never be one.
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by T8ksy(m): 3:40pm On Sep 10, 2011
$poOne:

I think the Edos have a legitimate gripe, if the previous VC mainly staffed UNIBEN with Igbos. Personal experience tells me this probably what happened.

GBOSA!!!

The bolded portion above is the crux of the matter.

This was exactly what happened in the western region in 1965 when Igbos were VC in 3 of the 4 higher level institutions then.

Even the cleaners were "imported" from onitsha.
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by aloyemeka1: 12:25am On Sep 11, 2011
T8ksy:

GBOSA!!!

The bolded portion above is the crux of the matter.

This was exactly what happened in the western region in 1965 when Igbos were VC in 3 of the 4 higher level institutions then.

Even the cleaners were "imported" from onitsha.

May be if you stop hounding Igbos here, life will become easier for you. Dem use Igbos do juju for you?.
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by jason123: 12:34am On Sep 11, 2011
aloy/emeka:

May be if you stop hounding Igbos here, life will become easier for you. Dem use Igbos do juju for you?.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by T8ksy(m): 8:44pm On Sep 11, 2011
aloy/emeka:

Maybe when igbos change their cunning ways then i might just reconsider plugging holes in their fallacious tales.

But i know they won't as they are inherently devious.
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by Nobody: 8:50pm On Sep 11, 2011
T8ksy:

Maybe when igbos change their cunning ways then i might just reconsider plugging holes in their fallacious tales.

But i know they won't as they are inherently devious.

Spare yourself the turmoil. The Igbos are HERE TO STAY . . .take it or leave it. . . grin grin
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by PhysicsQED(m): 9:45pm On Sep 11, 2011
Deep freezer:

They can go smash their head against the wall. The woman is the acting VC. Aint nuffin they can do about it.
With comment I've read here Nigeria can Never be one.

No. She wasn't kept at her position. She was removed as acting VC and replaced because the way she was made acting VC was deemed incorrect.

This thread is quite old, but I should say that many of the posters in this thread are too intellectually lazy to even study the background of the situation, so nobody should take their armchair analyses too seriously.
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by tpia5: 10:00pm On Sep 11, 2011
This thread is quite old

true that.

the only updates we should be hearing now are who is the new or current VC.

has anyone been appointed yet?
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by T8ksy(m): 10:14pm On Sep 11, 2011
quid:

Spare yourself the turmoil. The Igbos are HERE TO STAY . . .take it or leave it. . . grin grin

@ bolded, oh yes, at least for now, anyway.

However when the time comes and sh.ite hits the fan, obioma (okoroman) go ferege!!!  grin  grin
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by emmabowin(m): 11:04pm On Sep 11, 2011
@tpia uniben has since appointed a new vc in the person of prof. oshodin.an edo man.this was made possible by the timely intervention of the state gorvenor adams oshiomole as well as the oba of benin
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by bomb24: 8:29pm On Dec 22, 2021
coughs*
clears throat*
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by paramakina202: 9:34pm On Dec 22, 2021
earTHMama:
UNIBEN defends appointment of Acting VC

They said Gbenedio was from the same Igbo ethnic extraction as the minister and the outgoing Vice Chancellor, Prof. Emmanuel Nwanze who is a Delta Igbo.

No be same Benin people talk say Anioma people are from Bini?
E don reach for benefit now they remember say they are Igbo grin grin grin grin grin I laugh in Ika and Ukwuani language grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by Nobody: 10:10pm On Dec 22, 2021
paramakina202:

No be same Benin people talk say Anioma people are from Bini?
E don reach for benefit now they remember say they are Igbo grin grin grin grin grin I laugh in Ika and Ukwuani language grin grin grin
The old and acting VC are not Ika or Ukwuani

And is nothing for you to start jubilating about

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/imo-catholics-reject-popes-choice-of-bishop/amp/

See the people of Imo rejecting a bishop because he is from Anambra state

1 Like

Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by paramakina202: 10:28pm On Dec 22, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
The old and acting VC are not Ika or Ukwuani

And is nothing for you to start jubilating about

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/imo-catholics-reject-popes-choice-of-bishop/amp/

See the people of Imo rejecting a bishop because he is from Anambra state

They get it twisted,,,,The Edos clearly called Nwanze a Delta Igbo why not Bini man from Delta? but you all will come online to rant meanwhile offline the world knows who is who in Nigeria.
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by Nobody: 10:31pm On Dec 22, 2021
paramakina202:

They get it twisted,,,,The Edos clearly called Nwanze a Delta Igbo why not Bini man from Delta? but you all will come online to rant meanwhile offline the world knows who is who in Nigeria.
Is Nwanze an Ika man?
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by christistruth01: 10:45pm On Dec 22, 2021
cool
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by paramakina202: 10:47pm On Dec 22, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Is Nwanze an Ika man?

Is Ika man not Delta Igbo?
The whole of Anioma is classified as Delta Igbo.
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by Nobody: 10:52pm On Dec 22, 2021
paramakina202:

Is Ika man not Delta Igbo?
The whole of Anioma is classified as Delta Igbo.
Gibberish.

There is no ethnic group in Delta state called Anioma.

1 Like

Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by paramakina202: 11:00pm On Dec 22, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Gibberish.

There is no ethnic group in Delta state called Anioma.

Where did I say ANIOMA is an ethnic group?
Read slowly without so much anger and bitterness this time.

1 Like

Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by Goke7: 11:04pm On Dec 22, 2021
namun:
imagine a hausa man being the vice chancellof of university of nigeria, nnuka. as an igbo would u support such?

don't mind the hypocrites o, they will never never accept
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by Nobody: 12:22am On Dec 23, 2021
Abagworo:
If merit were used in everything,i wouldnt be surprised if igbos end up occupying everywhere.uniben was just recently voted the best university in nigeria under the IGBO V.C. I think, that coupled with inputs by soludo,akunyili and others simply makes a statement.so all edo folks should be proud of this man that has elevated their varsity to the top.again,a lot of igbos(my family inclusive) believe that their ancestor came from benin so we are all one.

Attaché by force grin

This is what igbo people do tho, hire one of them they stop hiring people indigenous to that area, they’ll only hire igbos like them to occupy the positions, until they’ve filled up all the entire top positions, then they’ll start claiming indigenous status in a foreign land.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by rdokoye: 12:40am On Dec 23, 2021
DuwaRepublic:

Attaché by force grin

This is what igbo people do tho, hire one of them they stop hiring people indigenous to that area, they’ll only hire igbos like them to occupy the positions, until they’ve filled up all the entire top positions, then they’ll start claiming indigenous status in a foreign land.

He's on his own, never heard any Igbo person make such a claim. It's just the "we're all one" mantra, which comes across, as you said it, attach by force, even though in this particular situation, it wouldn't make sense. Why would Igbo people want to attach themselves to Benin people?

All the ethnic groups in Nigeria are the same in that regard. Edo people look out for their own, Fulani do the same, Yoruba do the same, it's just more impactful when Igbo people do it, because we're more successful than the other groups. But that doesn't make it any different. Not so long ago, an Edo woman was complaining about Igbo people not taking on non-Igbo apprentices. So it's a different rule for Igbo people.

1 Like

Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by Nobody: 1:15am On Dec 23, 2021
rdokoye:

He's on his own, never heard any Igbo person make such a claim. It's just the "we're all one" mantra, which comes across, as you said it, attach by force, even though in this particular situation, it wouldn't make sense. Why would Igbo people want to attach themselves to Benin people?

All the ethnic groups in Nigeria are the same in that regard. Edo people look out for their own, Fulani do the same, Yoruba do the same, it's just more impactful when Igbo people do it, because we're more successful than the other groups. But that doesn't make it any different. Not so long ago, an Edo woman was complaining about Igbo people not taking on non-Igbo apprentices. So it's a different rule for Igbo people.

It’s more impactful because you people are ethnic bigots. Yoruba and Hausa people are more successful than y’all, but they are more tolerant unlike Igbos who have a us vs them mentality in everything they do, and you people take that into the workplace which is starting to backfire now. People are starting to wake up to your bullshit.
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by ariesbull: 4:23am On Dec 23, 2021
earTHMama:
I thought this should be a fed govt appointment?. What has indigene got to do with it?
but they said Anioma came from be in do why do the benin reject them
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by ariesbull: 4:24am On Dec 23, 2021
rdokoye:

Why do benin reject Anioma... I think say some stupid Anioma folks said they came from benin
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by Nobody: 4:37am On Dec 23, 2021
paramakina202:

Where did I say ANIOMA is an ethnic group?
Read slowly without so much anger and bitterness this time.
Nah you dey talk of wetin no exist.

There is nothing called Anioma in Delta State.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

IGP Confirms Appointment Of CSP Olumuyiwa Adejobi As 25th Indigenous Force PRO / Presidency: Atiku Sets Up Anti-rigging Committee / NIN Enrolment: NIMC Seeks N25bn For Storage Servers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.