Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,814 members, 7,956,076 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:29 AM

Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. (18104 Views)

Buhari Rejects New CSO By DSS / Revealed: G7 Govs Can’t Leave Pdp Apc Rejects New Pdp Condition For Alliance / TUC Rejects New Electricity Tariffs ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by honeric01(m): 11:12am On Feb 10, 2009
earTHMama:

Are you aware the woman is an acting VC pending when the university's senate will elect an official one?. Why whine over a temporal appointment in the first place?. Bear in mind they may elect another igbo man or yoruba man into that office. You should be asking for a good VC with vision irrespective of where he/she come from especially when the outgoing VC received accolades for a job well done.

According to your post, here's what i saw
THE management of the University of Benin (UNIBEN) has declared as untrue allegations in some quarters that the appointment of Professor Uche Gbenedio as acting Vice Chancellor of the school had ethnic colouration.
is that a male or female? even if it's just an acting VC, is there no benin man or woman qualified enough for that? if they have lecturers and senior lecturers in that same univeristy, then finding one shouldn't be hard madam. I'm not trying to sound tribalistic, but when it has to be an Igbo person, i need to sound that way because i know how igbo people behave when things like this happen to them. most of my friends are igbos and i have seen the way the react to everything.
If you don't speak Igbo, ,mennn you are in for a shock most of the time,

I am confused here. Who insulted you?

you don't think that sounds instulting? you are more intelligent than that madam abeg don't disgrace me.

You think police IG's and commisioners are odes, abi? I am talking of men and women with masters degree and not a krofo. If you think that an Edo VC must represent the university, you may recommend an Edo veteran professor that is willing to do the job and handle the clandestine boys well. Just remember that with this type of politics you are introducing into the system, even if you get it, another trouble will start on whether a Bini man or eshan man will be given the job and the school will degenerate slowly like Ekiti state in due course because of intRA tribal wars. Is that what you want?. isn't things like these the cause of our woes in Nigeria?.
it's like you don't know that lol, not really an "Ode" per say, but you don't need PHD, SSP, WVD to be a police VIP. AFTERALL THEY PAY MOST OF THEIR POLICE RECRUIT THE SAME AMOUNT IN RESPECTIVE OF WHAT CERTIFICATE YOU MUST HAVE AQUIRED THAT'S WHY ITS VERY RARE TO SEE SOMEONE WITH MASTERS AND STUFFS LIKE THAT JOINING POLICE, mind you, the few that have this often attend "school" after they must have joined police with just SSCE as the max.
this is a fact, when the police were recruiting late last year, SSCE was what they asked for and when when someone i know tried to confirm what certificate meant in the police, it was clearly stated that they don't need certificates, so where does that leave you to wonder about brain and intelligence?

bottomline: i will stop here and allow them do it anyhow they like but universities in the east should also not whine when things like this happen because they are always the first to complain when things like this happen.

by the way, the senate leadership is almost run by the Easten people, so Nigeria is a country run by segregation and tribalism. and its what they have been doing and its SHARING.
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by hollandis(f): 12:17pm On Feb 10, 2009
If a benin indigene becomes VC, how would the binis benefit
grace alele williams was there anao was there ,nwanze was equally there,how did it benefits the binis
useless tribalistic people
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by chihums(m): 12:21pm On Feb 10, 2009
Abeg don't mind them. they get mouth
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by jamace(m): 12:27pm On Feb 10, 2009
Edo's turn to take centre stage in tribalism fight abi?
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by honeric01(m): 12:49pm On Feb 10, 2009
hollandis:

grace alele williams was there anao was there ,nwanze was equally there,how did it benefits the binis

With this statement, I believe you are one of those Useless Nigerians that should have been shipped out to somalia. How useful are you to call Bini people useless? You don't even know the meaning of the word "useless'.
By the way, Bini people are hardly power drunk like the so called "3 major tribal groups in Nigeria" We don't join the crowd of powerdrunks, we let our abilities speak for us but you don't try playing pranks with us just because we are one peaceful tribe in Nigeria. Yes i say it again, Bini people are one of the moment respectful and peaceful tribes in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by JJYOU: 12:58pm On Feb 10, 2009
hollandis:

pls clarify for me
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by hollandis(f): 1:02pm On Feb 10, 2009
I frown at and condemn in all its entirety any iota of tribalism .Tribalistic people are usually useless, Honeric or whatever your name is, don't let me descend on you o
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by honeric01(m): 1:09pm On Feb 10, 2009
JJYOU:

pls clarify for me
That's what you get from people that doesn't know how to talk politely.

hollandis:

I frown at and condemn in all its entirety any iota of tribalism .Tribalistic people are usually useless, Honeric or whatever your name is, don't let me descend on you o

You better respect yourself so i don't get you off balance, since you don't know how to comment without insulting and generalizing,
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by jamace(m): 1:25pm On Feb 10, 2009
Did I not say it? The Benin warlords have started throwing misiles already Runs for cover. grin grin
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by hollandis(f): 1:26pm On Feb 10, 2009
@honeric 01
Do we have to make a whole out of this
nonetheless let me point some issues to end this unnecessary attack
I dont believe apppointing a VC from N,E W or S should generate angst in some quaters
2.I do stand by my opinion that all tribalistic people are useless
3.You cannot change my opinion
4. I do believe that there is at least a subconscious level to outright display of tribalism amongst binis whenever the issue of VC selection crop up
5.Those opinions are also the ones you will never change
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by honeric01(m): 1:39pm On Feb 10, 2009
@hollandis

No tribe in Nigeria can boast of not being tribalistic, the major tribes are the 3 major ones, and they are the ones passing it down to the rest so don't blame anything on the bini people.

So if you are condemming all tribalistic people as useless people, then the whole Nigerian people are USELESS as you stated.
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by hollandis(f): 1:59pm On Feb 10, 2009
@honeric01 To say that most Nigerians esp those belonging to wazobia are tribalistic would be untrue and unfounded.There are many good, honest, decent people out there who share the opinion that tribalism is a cankerworm and would not yield positive gains in any place.
Tribalism goes hand in hand with nepotism.Nepotism begets inefficiency,ineffectiveness,inefficacy.
Now they are struggling to carve a state form bauchi (yaguda or something like that)
The ijebus are clamoring for a state, all of these sum up to one thing ~ TRIBALISM
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by Eziachi: 2:06pm On Feb 10, 2009
honeric01:

How many IGS do i know? you don't ask me that because even if i don't know it, i can as well go and search for it, that still hasn't answered my question because police is not what we are talking about her, working in Nigeria as a police man has nothing to do with your intelligence and education. we are talking about education which has alot to do with brain and brilliance.

So in your warped tribalistic and quota Nigeria, you don't care that an Edo man is the DPO of my town where he rule his host community like a king but you care so much about who the UNIBEN VC is? This is the same sentiment that killed Nigerian educational system in the first place when a quota proffessor called Jubril Aminu was made a minister of education by IBB.
I don't give a f**k where a VC comes from as long as he/she knew the business of running an institution, know what the welfare of students/lecturers means, maintained good and qualitative education for the institution.

1 Like

Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by Eziachi: 2:14pm On Feb 10, 2009
honeric01:

With this statement, I believe you are one of those Useless Nigerians that should have been shipped out to somalia. How useful are you to call Bini people useless? You don't even know the meaning of the word "useless'.
  By the way, Bini people are hardly power drunk like the so called "3 major tribal groups in Nigeria" We don't join the crowd of powerdrunks, we let our abilities speak for us but you don't try playing pranks with us just because we are one peaceful tribe in Nigeria. Yes i say it again, Bini people are one of the moment respectful and peaceful tribes in Nigeria.

Ha ha ha !
Obviously you take yourself very seriously!
So what usefulness is the Binis to Nigeria as we speak? (joke).
As long as I know your contribution to Nigeria GDP is your export of Ashawo to Italy and the domestic market and too many uneducated police men whose real day to day job involves the ritual collection 20 naira at their illegal road blocks nationwide. (Joke again)
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by tpia: 3:00pm On Feb 10, 2009
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by Abagworo(m): 4:36pm On Feb 10, 2009
If merit were used in everything,i wouldnt be surprised if igbos end up occupying everywhere.uniben was just recently voted the best university in nigeria under the IGBO V.C. I think, that coupled with inputs by soludo,akunyili and others simply makes a statement.so all edo folks should be proud of this man that has elevated their varsity to the top.again,a lot of igbos(my family inclusive) believe that their ancestor came from benin so we are all one.
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by tpia: 4:52pm On Feb 10, 2009
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by amaikama(m): 4:59pm On Feb 10, 2009
The Ibo man saf e no like em head at all!!! angry em no no say na BENIN e dey?? abi dem no tell am say head dey roll for their cry the ibo man get liver no be small.
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by RichyBlacK(m): 5:01pm On Feb 10, 2009
Why is Nigeria filled with so many tribalist fools? I swear, I really feel like punching those "Concerned Idiotic Whatever" in the face!

As long as so many illiterate tribalist scumbags remain in Nigeria, there is no hope for meaningful development.

Look at all of us (except those rubbish Republicans) smiling about a black man being president of a predominantly white nation - the most popular superpower on God's green earth, yet maggots disguised as humans are complaining about an Igbo VC in UNIBEN?! angry
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by preselect(m): 5:16pm On Feb 10, 2009
richy u may pay a little visit to the culture section of this website and see how we unite in nigeria
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by ahf(m): 5:44pm On Feb 10, 2009
Until we can judge people by their actions and not by tribe or religion, we would continue to lack the progress we seek.
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by osisi2(f): 6:12pm On Feb 10, 2009
The woman is Igbo married to an Edo man doesn't that now make her state of origin Edo?
Gbenedio is a name from the side of "Bendel" that call God Oghene,not sure if it's in Edo or Bendel.
Why is honeric killing himself?
She is now from her husband's state of origin
Are you  trying to say that if I had married Ade and my name was Mrs Osisi Fatunde, people in Oyo state will protest if I was made VC of UI and they'll be justified.

This could even be gender discrimination disguised
rubbish
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by ChinenyeN(m): 6:24pm On Feb 10, 2009
tpia:

Now based on this exchange alone the type of which is unfortunately very common throughout the length and breadth of Nigeria, can someone explain to me again the difference between tribalism and racism, because I dont see any. angry angry
cheesy cheesy

Nigeria is sufferring politically, just like most other nations in the world. Yeah, a black man became president of the U.S., but see how many years it took the United States. Nigeria hasn't been around for very long, so I don't think people should be expecting so much from it.
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by ohaechesi(m): 6:29pm On Feb 10, 2009
@nuzo

i flinch towards your anthropological terms. be wise next time shocked
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by Nobody: 6:29pm On Feb 10, 2009
She is not the first Non-Edo indigene to be VC. And she has worked in that place all her career.

So what's all the noise about??

PS: the husband(last name) is from Delta state.
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by Nobody: 6:33pm On Feb 10, 2009
**osisi:

The woman is Igbo married to an Edo man doesn't that now make her state of origin Edo?
Gbenedio is a name from the side of "Bendel" that call God Oghene,not sure if it's in Edo or Bendel.
Why is honeric killing himself?
She is now from her husband's state of origin
Are you folks trying to say if I had married Ade and my name was Mrs Osisi Fatunde, people in Oyo state will protest if I was made VC of UI.

Unfortunately, yes.
Nigeria has nepotism, tribalism and corruption as laws. These vices are renamed in the constitution as indigenization, qouta system and federal character.

Remember, a group in Abia protested the appointment of Ngozi Iweala as Abia's qouta for finance minister simply because she is only Abian by marriage. At the end, she turned out to be one of the best things that have happened to Abia and nigeria in general.

ohaechesi:

@nuzo

i flinch towards your anthropological terms. be wise next time shocked

Are you ok? What do you mean?
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by ohaechesi(m): 6:39pm On Feb 10, 2009
i see nothing wrong in given honor to whom is due to. i'm shocked at most people outburst on this matter? where were you all then a Mallam was appointed as the petroleum minister? the gospel truth is that an Igbo man merits any post or an appointment given to him in any part of the nation. I based my facts on Ngozi Iwuala, Ndi Onyeuke and host of them. if people should yell at a common VC, then what is Yaradua doing there? mak una leave story jare
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by osisi2(f): 6:43pm On Feb 10, 2009
khai_khai:

She is not the first Non-Edo indigene to be VC. And she has worked in that place all her career.

So what's all the noise about??

PS: the husband(last name) is from Delta state.

That is my point exactly.
She's from her husbands state of origin
period!
She can be whatever she wants to be in any federal Institution in Nigeria.
Prof Okojie was VC at the University of Agric in Abeokuta (from my google search) and he's an edo man.
Professor Ndili was from Delta state and was VC at UNN for a while
Fed Univ of Petroleum resources in Effurum has Prof Babtunde Alabi as VC
FUTO had Prof Gomwalk as first VC

Nobody raised an eyebrow.
and here we have a woman married to an indigene at the head and people want to kill themselves
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by ehisianya(m): 6:51pm On Feb 10, 2009
this is a case of the golden fish that has no hidden place.I strogly believe ur past records will open doors for. Much Ado about nothing.
chuks
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by Dede1(m): 6:56pm On Feb 10, 2009
tpia:

honestly, things like these are what make people get so annoyed with those blind loyalists worshipping this useless deepzone.

Someone is paying this idiot a compliment and she responds by calling him malu. Those ones kissing her useless ass wont see things like this, but let anyone correct her and these same hangers on will start attacking them.

Now based on this exchange alone the type of which is unfortunately very common throughout the length and breadth of Nigeria, can someone explain to me again the difference between tribalism and racism, because I dont see any. angry angry

If this Deepzone idiot were talking to a white person who responded by calling her a nigger, she wont allow nairaland to rest but would start opening senseless threads about it. angry angry

It amazes me that you could not discern sarcasm from compliment. Unless you meant it is a joking stuff or you have an axe to grind with mamaearth.

Racism is a misguided misnomer that found comfort zone in the stream of thoughts amongst ignorant fellows. There is only one race on earth and it is human.

Tribalism, though, not any operative word in grammar has become a de-facto expression for people who will push and feel that their tribe is (primus interferes) first among equals.
Or that people’s tribal group is more equal than other tribal group
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by tpia: 7:04pm On Feb 10, 2009
Dede1:

It amazes me that you could not discern sarcasm from compliment. Unless you meant it is a joking stuff or you have an axe to grind with mamaearth.

Racism is a misguided misnomer that found comfort zone in the stream of thoughts amongst ignorant fellows. There is only one race on earth and it is human.

Tribalism, though, not any operative word in grammar has become a de-facto expression for people who will push and feel that their tribe is (primus interferes) first among equals.
Or that people’s tribal group is more equal than other tribal group

do you understand the meaning of sarcasm at all or what are you going on about?

What was sarcastic about his comment? This is the kind of attitude that fuels the rubbish deepzone is known for. angry
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by agaba123(m): 7:49pm On Feb 10, 2009
Umaru Gomwalk was the VC(administrator )of UNN for over 5 years. Did anybody kill him?
people should stop all these sentiments.
Anyway it is every where even in the UK no matter how small

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

FG To Sign $7 Billion Contract For Mambila Power Plant This Month!! / Nigeria's 59 Independence: Goodluck Jonathan’s Message To Nigerians / How Obi Emergence Disrupted Tinubu's Game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.