Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,945 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:36 PM

Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. (17750 Views)

Buhari Rejects New CSO By DSS / Revealed: G7 Govs Can’t Leave Pdp Apc Rejects New Pdp Condition For Alliance / TUC Rejects New Electricity Tariffs ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by nuesaweso(f): 2:28am On Feb 11, 2009
Hi new here!
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by osisi2(f): 2:34am On Feb 11, 2009
Mai Suya:

Well, except the beautified entrance gate - if you can call that infrastructure - I'm not sure of what major infrastructural developments he brought to the school.

As far as I'm concerned, his major achievement was the stability he brought the academic calender. Quite unlike his predecessor(Anao) who had an annoying penchant for shutting down the institution at the slightest unrest, sometimes for months, Nwanze seemed quite reluctant to do that, and was more committed to following the academic calender so that each session could be completed on shedule.

@Osisi, Gbenedio was also DVC then, so I suppose it means they all failed as a team, abi?

I wa responded to Baro who wanted to know what the former VC did
what do any leaders in NIgeria do?
Baro:

Gbenedion failed too

This is the worst they can do, the Binis are ready for them this time

You won't do a darn thing.
what did you do when Yaradua became your president?
Nothing!
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by adconline(m): 3:56am On Feb 11, 2009
Current UNN VC is the first Enugu indigene to occupy such a position even though UNN is located in Enugu state.
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by Dede1(m): 4:00am On Feb 11, 2009
@Tpia

My dear, I understood sarcasm as “a form of humor that is marked by mocking with irony, sometimes conveyed in speech with vocal over-emphasis”.

With no pun intended, you appeared dried and off balance in this discourse.
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by osisi2(f): 4:01am On Feb 11, 2009
Dede1:

@Tpia

My dear, I understood sarcasm as “a form of humor that is marked by mocking with irony, sometimes conveyed in speech with vocal over-emphasis”.

With no pun intended, you appeared dried and off balance in this discourse.

Tpia in every thread
what's going on?
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by osisi2(f): 4:02am On Feb 11, 2009
adconline:

Current UNN VC is the first Enugu indigene to occupy such a position even though UNN is located in Enugu state.

Is Chinedu Nebo from Enugu state?
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by adconline(m): 4:16am On Feb 11, 2009
Is Chinedu Nebo from Enugu state? Yes, he was the DVC of ESUT
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by Dede1(m): 4:22am On Feb 11, 2009
@Baro

If the government in Nigeria had followed your ethnically biased premise, the UNIBEN would not have been in existence. There is slim chance of possibility that there was no Bini person who was qualified as DVC when UNIBEN was inaugurated

[quote][/quote] A  Vice Chancellor  from the ethnic group that hosts the University, as simple as that
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by BlackMamba(m): 4:29am On Feb 11, 2009
adconline:
Is Chinedu Nebo from Enugu state? Yes, he was the DVC of ESUT

Nebo must be from Udi area of Enugu State. More reason why it's about time Nsukka man is made the VC of the Lions Den.  grin
Who cares about mediocrity when we have quota.
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by tpia: 4:51am On Feb 11, 2009
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by tpia: 4:52am On Feb 11, 2009
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by tpia: 4:55am On Feb 11, 2009
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by Dede1(m): 6:14am On Feb 11, 2009
tpia:

sweetie, you sound too colloquial even now. Were you raised by your great grandma?

Of course, I had been raised by my grandma but great grandma. Probably, you would also consider this post as a complimentary. By the way, I am very proud to have been raised by a woman with considerable level of wisdom.

I must say that you are entitled to your opinion. However, if you were not vindictive, you would have noticed a question about to commit suicide within the dialogue.
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by tpia: 6:22am On Feb 11, 2009
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by udezue(m): 6:43am On Feb 11, 2009
i'M HIGHLY AMAZED BY THE UTTER STUPIDITY OF SOME BINI PPL HERE.
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by Nobody: 7:40am On Feb 11, 2009
nigerians are morons, big time hypocrites and born cowards.

Shame on you all.
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by MaiSuya(m): 7:43am On Feb 11, 2009
udezue:

i'M HIGHLY AMAZED BY THE UTTER STUPIDITY OF SOME BINI PPL HERE.

yeye, you just wake up prom sllep begin dey insult, anuofia grin
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by cvibe: 8:07am On Feb 11, 2009
Surely, if Nigerians were the one that had to vote for Obama, we all know how the story will end.
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by prince0(m): 9:20am On Feb 11, 2009
I have taken my time to read through all your posts about the appointment of an Ibo person as a VC for UNIBEN. and these are my submissions:

The blame goes to the Edo people who does not know their right from their left, this is a people that have no value for heritage, a people that can give their heritage to a foreigner with their "I don't care attitude", probably it is because most of them have not traveled to other parts of the country to see things for themselves. I have lived in the Northern part and Western Part of Nigeria and have seen things myself.
A typical Edo man will tell you it does not matter whether a Liberian or a Togolese is made the VC in UNIBEN, what just happened in UNIBEN can never happen in the north, go check history. whether be it state or federal institution these are people that guard their heritage to the last. Before they give a non indigene admission they would have given all their people with a lower cut off marks whether state or federal institution. A friend of mine from edo state was frustrated seeking admission into ABU Zaria for many years without getting it. So what I we talking about here?. I don't support tribalism but I want the Edo people know as much as they cannot encourage the indigenes to get admission in an institution that is in their state they are breeding an uneducated state that will scarcely hold any federal position in the near future.
I even gathered that UNIBEN is highly populated by Ibo staff and students. The number of non indigene are more than the indigene in UNIBEN.

I pity the Edo people that claim to be smart yet don't know how to protect what they have. I am a proper Edo man and I will protect my language, heritage any day, anytime.

Edo people wake up before an Aboki becomes the Oba of Benin someday.
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by RichyBlacK(m): 9:34am On Feb 11, 2009
prince0:

I have taken my time to read through all your posts about the appointment of an Ibo person as a VC for UNIBEN. and these are my submissions:

The blame goes to the Edo people who does not know their right from their left, this is a people that have no value for heritage, a people that can give their heritage to a foreigner with their "I don't care attitude", probably it is because most of them have not traveled to other parts of the country to see things for themselves. I have lived in the Northern part and Western Part of Nigeria and have seen things myself.
A typical Edo man will tell you it does not matter whether a Liberian or a Togolese is made the VC in UNIBEN, what just happened in UNIBEN can never happen in the north, go check history. whether be it state or federal institution these are people that guard their heritage to the last. Before they give a non indigene admission they would have given all their people with a lower cut off marks whether state or federal institution. A friend of mine from edo state was frustrated seeking admission into ABU Zaria for many years without getting it. So what I we talking about here?. I don't support tribalism but I want the Edo people know as much as they cannot encourage the indigenes to get admission in an institution that is in their state they are breeding an uneducated state that will scarcely hold any federal position in the near future.
I even gathered that UNIBEN is highly populated by Ibo staff and students. The number of non indigene are more than the indigene in UNIBEN.

I pity the Edo people that claim to be smart yet don't know how to protect what they have. I am a proper Edo man and I will protect my language, heritage any day, anytime.

Edo people wake up before an Aboki becomes the Oba of Benin someday.

Interesting post, thanks.

Let me tell you what I know. Most Edo people do not think much about investing (politically, socially, emotionally - time, resources, energy, money, etc.) in Edo State. I've met many Edo folks in and outside Naija, educated and uneducated, and the common denominator is a lack of interest in investing in Edo State. Do you have any explanations for this observation?
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by Baro(m): 10:11am On Feb 11, 2009
@ Prince0

Edolites, especially the Binis are very liberal people, don't miscontrue that.
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by udezue(m): 10:20am On Feb 11, 2009
MY SUYA,
grin U BETTER LET ME BE JARE
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by gReenmAn(m): 10:32am On Feb 11, 2009
More often than not, when I read posts in NL, I wonder what kind of human minds concoct the responses posted herein. One would ordinarily think that members of the forum would be in the age bracket referred to as "the future of the nation". Now, if the heavily primordial tribalistic reactions posted here are a true reflection of what to expect from our presumably enlightened youth, then the future is really bleak for the nation. Of a  truth, to get reactions to one's threads on NL, all you need do is colour it with tribalism and you'll get legions of posts in reply, most of them myopic and utterly silly.  angry
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by onax: 10:51am On Feb 11, 2009
@ greenman,
try shut up if you don' tknow what is going on. I you had read through at least most of the posts without bias you would at least understand why people are of their own individual opinions.

Well as for those not in favouf of an igbo vc, i think, at this time, that is a good motion.
How would you have a university that has been in existence in a land for at least 35years, and no one from there(in this case, the binis) has held such a key role. To me i that is pathetic.

Anyways, if the edo people allow it, it s all good, Edo no be my pap land, na place wey i just dey temporarily till i commot for

Come to thiink of it, I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE DAY AND IBO MAN(OR WOMAN) BECOMES GOVERNOR OF LAGOS, Wouldn't you like that too?

Lets do a statistics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;All in favour, say AYE!

grin angry grin
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by MRD1(m): 11:35am On Feb 11, 2009
@ Topic

Why are we always chasing shadows.Its sad, even the youths of this generation cannot see beyound these.

A
Afemai
Agbassa
Anioma
Annang
Aro people
Aulliminden
Awori
B
Baggara Arabs
Bariba people
Berom
Bini people
Buduma people
C
Chamba people
D
Defaka
Djerma
E
Ebira
Efik
Egba
Egbado
E cont.
Eket people
Ekoi people
Ekpeye
Eleme people
Emai people
Esan
Etsakor people
F
Filipinos in Nigeria
Fon people
G
Gwari
H
Hausa people
Hausa-Fulani
I
Ibibio people
Idoma
Igala
Igbo people
Ijaw
Ikpide
Ikwerre
Isoko people
I cont.
Itsekiri
J
Jukun people (West Africa)
K
Kanuri
Kilba
Kirdi
Kofyar
M
Maguzawa
Mumuye
N
Ngizim people
Nkoroo people
Nupe
O
Ogoni people
Ogugu
Oron, Nigeria
T
Tarok
U
Urhobo
W
Wodaabe
Y
Yerwa Kanuri
Yoruba people
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by assumta1(f): 12:39pm On Feb 11, 2009
We've been looking forward to re-brand 9ja in-respective of our tribes. is it how we'll transcend to our glory moment! Hmmmm!!!! angry undecided
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by debosky(m): 1:08pm On Feb 11, 2009

In 2003 Prof Eghosa was a former Vice Chancellor Of Igbinedion University, but Prof. Nwanze got the job, so i dont think that's relevant
So an Edo man has been a VC previously?? shocked shocked grin

Again this argument is pointless - WHY must an Edo man be the VC of a University in Benin? Is it an elective post voted for by Edo people? There is no reason why this action should be insisted on. An Edo man is still the DVC for crying out loud - he can easily become the VC subsequently.

It is not the duty of some random external 'concerned group' to dictate to the University. As long as the University community is carried along, the tribe of the VC is irrelevant. We MUST lose this fixation on executive power.

This CANNOT be compared to a governor or other political elective positions.

An Edo person was VC far away in Jos, I didn't hear an outcry about that!
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by Abagworo(m): 1:30pm On Feb 11, 2009
These igbo people na wah for them oh.they want to dominate everything.trading,banking,academics,communication,419.the only thing wey remain na politics and population.(just joking)
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by ohaechesi(m): 2:52pm On Feb 11, 2009
the level of assault and vilification on this trend is inconsequential and deteriorating. most people deviates from the prime thread or weave just to make fool of others. Its high time most of us breadth clearly and Clandestine ( if you must) than being vulgar. We really need to vegetate and as well indemnify our approach for others to emulate. Let honor be given to whom it is due to. criticism and what have you is not the best.

From my observation and record ever since i joined this trend, the amount of tribalism and racism i noticed is unbearable. to the extent that an Imo man also share a negative interest with an Anambara man, whereby they are all Igbos. the same thing is applicable to every other ethnics in Nigeria. We can only assume one Nigeria but i tell you what, Nigeria can never be one not until there is sovereignty. Tribalism has eaten deep in the midset of an average Nigeria and there is absolutely nothing i or any body can do about it.
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by chidichris(m): 2:53pm On Feb 11, 2009
one nigeria in play
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by lbotus(f): 3:07pm On Feb 11, 2009
gbenedio is not an ibo name probably from delta.

Can an Edo man be the VC of Unizik where 90% of its student are maiinly from Anambra state?
Re: Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. by sukieboy(f): 3:55pm On Feb 11, 2009
I see nothing wrong in the appointment of a non indigene of Edo as Uniben VC if it was done transparently. Again, this is why I particularly don't support the appointment of Politicians as ministers cos they are not professionals. Though Dr. Sam Egwu holds a PhD, his political anticedents talks negatively about his ability to carry out an election that can be termed fair.

He  (Egwu) is not transparent.

The Edo group should shelve their mondane feelings and embrace civilization. Where is the monthly allocations to the University coming from? The Niger Delta oil money.
Let them look more at who can do best and moreso, seek equity and justice. Afterall Lucky Iginedion was Edo and we all know what happened!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

PDP Writes-Off Brain-damaged Governor Suntai - SaharaReporters / APC Woos Igala Sons, Daughters For Deputy Gov Position In Kogi / Buhari Orders Re-negotiation Of Mtn’s N780bn Fine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.