Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,615 members, 7,816,525 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? (16204 Views)

10 Things Only People Who Hate Beans Will Understand / 6 Simple Foods Every Nigerian Women Must Know How To Make / Nairalanders,what Type Of Food Do You Hate/detest Most (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by Nobody: 9:41pm On May 13, 2015
kiss Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? 45% of our Men does it, but 99.9% of Women are not into it.The few ones that does it, are termed as a prostitute, or looked down upon by Nigerians. Why this?

Pls don't quote me wrongly, the purpose of this thread is not to encourage smoking but to get explanation from Nairaland deep thinkers of what could be the probable cause of it. but from my own observation, When i was opportuned to visit USA (Miami, Florida) to be precise. I was forced to compare and contast the social live styles of our Women with theirs as regard to smoking and drinking. I noticed about 45% of them were habitual smokers.

Note: Pls don't abuse me on my thread if you have nothing good to say just view and leave or else i'll give you the feedback you wanted

Pls your comment is needed.

11 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by donbenedict(m): 9:43pm On May 13, 2015
Most of them don't like the smell.. That's just d reason..

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by Nobody: 9:47pm On May 13, 2015
Smoking is not our thing, it's an imported life style.

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by Chazzyboy: 9:55pm On May 13, 2015
U dey smoke?

12 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by Nobody: 9:59pm On May 13, 2015
Lacomus:
Smoking is not our thing, it's an imported life style.
hmmm inspite the largest tobacco company in Africa that's in Nigeria.
does that means Men smoked them all?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by Nobody: 10:09pm On May 13, 2015
Smoking na bad habbit

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by Nobody: 10:16pm On May 13, 2015
they ve been taught By the nigerian society and the Church , Thats Its a sin, moreover once they spot a lady smoking she is automatically labeled a prostitute , Nd no lady wants to be seen /addressed as a prostitute.

25 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by QueenHeart(f): 10:21pm On May 13, 2015
Hmmm your grammar anty no be here o.ld little women dat does it"okokobioko

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by busky101(m): 12:30am On May 14, 2015
Because it kills their men

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by Nobody: 8:37am On May 17, 2015
chowlade:

hmmm inspite the largest tobacco company in Africa that's in Nigeria.
does that means Men smoked them all?
a good number of girls smoke though not as compared to the male population that indulge in it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by MissiPEE(f): 6:47pm On May 22, 2015
Simple, Nigerian women love their men a lot and don't get it when their fellow woman chooses "death" cos that's what prostitutes do.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by generaluthman: 2:26pm On May 24, 2015
because its a bad habit
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by jamex93(m): 2:26pm On May 24, 2015
all na pretences

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by Nobody: 2:27pm On May 24, 2015
A Lady high on weed will kill you with sex. .....you might end up dieing young instead of her being young.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by agoadiv(m): 2:27pm On May 24, 2015
op incase u don't know, smoking will kill u because u can't compare de foreign women to urself cos ur brain i knw is retardedgrin

10 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by BUSHHUNTER: 2:27pm On May 24, 2015
No responsible Nigerian girl will smoke

only oloshos do that

14 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by DollyParton1(f): 2:27pm On May 24, 2015
Culture.
Its ok to sleep with many guys without protection. Its ok to accept a ride from a stranger, but its a bad thing to smoke because, it portrays u as a bad/immoral girl to the society.

Modified: Just to show how ridiculous the Nigerian society and her attitude is.

14 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by Nobody: 2:27pm On May 24, 2015
because it kills. Hello?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by agoadiv(m): 2:27pm On May 24, 2015
chowlade:
kiss Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? 45% of our Men does it, but 99.9% of Women are not into it.The few ones that does it, are termed as a prostitute, or looked down upon by Nigerians. Why this?

Pls don't quote me wrongly, the purpose of this thread is not to encourage smoking but to get explanation from Nairaland deep thinkers of what could be the probable cause of it. but from my own observation, When i was opportuned to visit USA (Miami, Florida) to be precise. I was forced to compare and contast the social live styles of our Women with theirs as regard to smoking and drinking. I noticed about 45% of them were habitual smokers.

Note: Pls don't abuse me on my thread if you have nothing good to say just view and leave or else i'll give you the feedback you wanted

op don't lie,i knw ur guilty n trying to make ur conscience clear...ODE

12 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by Pistolx(m): 2:27pm On May 24, 2015
op have u been to katsina before...their women over there smoke like die. . . in one family father is a smoker; mother is a smoker . all the children are chain smokers

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by adorablevic: 2:27pm On May 24, 2015
Very bad...premature ageing,effects on sexual health contributing to infertility and early menopause

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by sammieguze(m): 2:28pm On May 24, 2015
Coz of many reasons.

1. Smokers are liable to die young and no reasonable lady wants to become a premature widow.

2. Due to our weather, smoking should not be encouraged. I happened to ask a frnd why he smokes and what he said was that it keeps him warm. And i begin to wonder... Warm in this hot weather? Why not kukuma pay a short visit to hell since u want warmth? Bt over there, that could be a good excuse.

3. Let me use myself as a practical example... I get shortness of breath and becomes pale when exposed to tobacco smoke. Mind you, am not asthmatic o. Am sure u know the risk multiples exponentially with an asthmatic patient.

4. Looking at it again from other angles, i won't entertain a smoker in my house coz the smell lingers and leaves a bad impression. Can't live in a house that smells like an incinerator. Again, most smokers are by default irresponsible and combine it with alcohol. Am sure u know the effect of that combination.

And.... To think of the fact that in Nigeria, good Medicare is expensive, a reasonable person without medical insurance shouldn't play with his health by smoking and should run from smokers considering that smokers are not only killing themselves but also killing people close to them.

Finally, lung cancer, stroke, high blood pressure, respiratory track problem are few of the 'benefits' of smoking.

Infact, i see smokers as walking time bomb

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by omotenah(f): 2:28pm On May 24, 2015
They do not want to be term a prostitute.... Secondly many women find the smell repulsive btw.... Smokers are liable to die young,, why die young?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by buzquet(m): 2:28pm On May 24, 2015
They love smoking though, bt they r hypocrite bout it noni!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by skentelelady(f): 2:28pm On May 24, 2015
MissiPEE:
Simple, Nigerian women love their men a lot and don't get it when their fellow woman chooses "death" cos that's what prostitutes do.

Meaning? Only prostitutes want their men dead?

Most women don't like the smell I think but it is a choice
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by agoadiv(m): 2:28pm On May 24, 2015
HOW THIS TOPIC MADE FRONTPAGE EVEN WITH 0 NUMBER OF REPLIES STILL BEATS MY IMAGINATION! ITS CLEARLY STATED THAT THE OP IS A BLOOODY SMOKER AND BY THE WAY,SMOKERS DON'T MAKE SENSE EXCEPT ORIJIN IS INVOLVEDgrin

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by youngwarlocks: 2:29pm On May 24, 2015
hehehehehe........because wat is good for goose is not good for the ganger......sorry, gander
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by Bonapart(m): 2:30pm On May 24, 2015
Madam op go and smoke and leave us alone

19 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by Daniel058(m): 2:31pm On May 24, 2015
chowlade:

we have different life pattern...

And btw , how would you feel seeing your 18 or 20 yrs old daughter doing smoking competition with guys??

°°°

°°°even as a guy, I simply hate smoking and have little or no respects for Smokers... Yea, Smokers see themselves are sharp guys but I do feel for them , coz according to me, they are bunch of VERY FOOLISH IBEKWES .. only non smoker would understand.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by simplymade(m): 2:31pm On May 24, 2015
Na dem sabi if them hate am,doesnt stop me from smoking my poo

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by rattlesnake(m): 2:31pm On May 24, 2015
And How do we convince ladies that fornication is still a sin.....50% of ladies in church today had illict sex yesterday...they never feel anything or any kind of guilt whatsoever.....EVIDENCE

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by chemmerfrank(m): 2:31pm On May 24, 2015
So why the hell do you wonder why women dont smoke??
You know see fine road for florida or constant light??
Its why women dont kill their lungs here you saw to comapre naija and florida with?

Hows that important or a priority??

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pls Amakaone And Co I Need A Healthy Food Time Table For My Family / Recipe For Ukazi And Uha(ora) Soup / How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.