Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,506 members, 7,830,518 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? (16237 Views)

10 Things Only People Who Hate Beans Will Understand / 6 Simple Foods Every Nigerian Women Must Know How To Make / Nairalanders,what Type Of Food Do You Hate/detest Most (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by DAVIES27(m): 2:57pm On May 24, 2015
chowlade:
kiss Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? 45% of our Men does it, but 99.9% of Women are not into it.The few ones that does it, are termed as a prostitute, or looked down upon by Nigerians. Why this?

Pls don't quote me wrongly, the purpose of this thread is not to encourage smoking but to get explanation from Nairaland deep thinkers of what could be the probable cause of it. but from my own observation, When i was opportuned to visit USA (Miami, Florida) to be precise. I was forced to compare and contast the social live styles of our Women with theirs as regard to smoking and drinking. I noticed about 45% of them were habitual smokers.

Note: Pls don't abuse me on my thread if you have nothing good to say just view and leave or else i'll give you the feedback you wanted

Pls your comment is needed.

.As you rightly said women who smokes are termed prostitutes. Women have a general beliefe that smoking shouldn't be a lifestyle for them so they all desist from it. And also u see that both christains and unbelievers hates these so it should not be mentioned among women and even the men smoking this NICOTINE should run away from it because JESUS is coming soon.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 24, 2015
david2:
In America or Europe.. Smoking is not really a life style, dey smoke cuz of d cold weather, so both men and women can smoke freely without having negative thought abt it. But in Africa u see ple smoke under hot weather and is becoming a life style.
That is a big lie! angry angry lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by vislabraye(m): 2:57pm On May 24, 2015
chowlade:
kiss Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? 45% of our Men does it, but 99.9% of Women are not into it.The few ones that does it, are termed as a prostitute, or looked down upon by Nigerians. Why this?

Pls don't quote me wrongly, the purpose of this thread is not to encourage smoking but to get explanation from Nairaland deep thinkers of what could be the probable cause of it. but from my own observation, When i was opportuned to visit USA (Miami, Florida) to be precise. I was forced to compare and contast the social live styles of our Women with theirs as regard to smoking and drinking. I noticed about 45% of them were habitual smokers.

Note: Pls don't abuse me on my thread if you have nothing good to say just view and leave or else i'll give you the feedback you wanted

Smoking should not be encouraged at all, whether by men or women.
May be smoking is one of those Western cultures that doesn't go down well with our women.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by prettybella(f): 2:58pm On May 24, 2015
I don't have a problem with your weed it's your lungs not mine
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by Nobody: 2:59pm On May 24, 2015
all4naija:
You guess wrong, hun. It is not the climate but it is an old western habit.

The weather is also a factor for some ( secondary smokers) but approximately 85% of the smoking population in most western countries is based on HABIT.
Most of my colleagues both male and female smoke daily and without season.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by aiir2303(m): 3:00pm On May 24, 2015
true,,,,most of our women don't
smoke.the reason though .i dont know
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by ufelove(m): 3:02pm On May 24, 2015
Maybe because it has a very deep effect on their sexual life,
# because they think of the effect it might have on their womb and unborn children
#women are much more careful in their dealings and concerning their health than men
# because most men don't like ladies that smoke..

Satisfied?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by oromankirisi(f): 3:03pm On May 24, 2015
grin

naija1stpikin:

Since 2013, where have you been hiding that I haven't cme across you? shocked

You fine no be small
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by Daresh(f): 3:04pm On May 24, 2015
That tin stinks. Besides I like weed better cool
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by Nobody: 3:04pm On May 24, 2015
The smell is horrible and most ladies detest that. That is not to say that males are permitted to smoke either. 99% of male smokers are either law offenders be it r@pe,theft,robbery etc.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by Olaone1: 3:05pm On May 24, 2015
ekiloui:
I believe women abroad smoke because of the weather, why should nigerians under the hot blazing sun we experience bother smoking? Nicotine is addictive and if u have no business smoking (as in no legit reason) then you should stop. Not only do you get addicted you also smoke away your lungs and start disturbing your entire family to look 4 operation funds.

Say no to smoking
What about Naija women abroad? They just don't like it, home or abroad. It is culture and I like it that way.

Kudos, Naija babes wink
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by mrrock: 3:06pm On May 24, 2015
chowlade:

Because they don't enjoy smoking like you do. Ashewo....
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by listica(m): 3:09pm On May 24, 2015
Don't know were u get ya statistic but u wrong.come late night and see woman smoking more than men,they even smoke weed (igboooo)
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by naija1stpikin: 3:10pm On May 24, 2015
oromankirisi:
grin

I'm naija1stpikin
You?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by onlyson16(m): 3:10pm On May 24, 2015
chowlade:

op u must be very stupidz try lean now bfor it is too late like ur grandpa.nd i hope ur smoking it ,welldone
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by murtalaa(m): 3:12pm On May 24, 2015
chowlade:

OP, your topic is silly to say the least. My problem with your post is that you see smoking by American women as the norm rather than the exception just by visiting America and seeing their women smoke. This is a typical way western society messes with people's brain. It's like asking why do Nigerians hate stealing, if you see what I mean. Your topic should rather read "Why Do American Women Love Smoking So much "

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by mbulela: 3:14pm On May 24, 2015
I actually think that the percentage of girls who smoke weed in naija is higher than those that smoke cigarettes.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by coldHeat: 3:16pm On May 24, 2015
The answer is simple; Nigerian women are not chimneys.
Shikena!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by missKiffy(f): 3:16pm On May 24, 2015
For me I hate it cos of the horrible smell, it disturb my noise, to make the matters worse even if you don't smoke it but inhale the smoke from someone who does you are at risk of the dangers too, so what more to say why I hate it
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by dannywest: 3:19pm On May 24, 2015
#Wash
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by mooyewhy(m): 3:19pm On May 24, 2015
I believe people do smoke for four different reasons; when they are tensed up, people smoke for fun, people also smoke during cold whether and equally they smoke when taking alcohol...
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by Nobody: 3:19pm On May 24, 2015
Anyone with half a brain knows that smoking tobacco products is far from a healthy habit. It ruins your looks and your teeth and can cause several types of cancers among other diseases. Who wouldn't hate it?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by musicwriter(m): 3:20pm On May 24, 2015
murtalaa:
OP, your topic is silly to say the least. My problem with your post is that you see smoking by American women as the norm rather than the exception just by visiting America and seeing their women smoke. This is a typical way western society messes with people's brain. It's like asking why do Nigerians hate stealing, if you see what I mean. Your topic should rather read "Why Do American Women Love Smoking So much "

Thank you brother!.

This OP is suffering a disease known as mental slavery. What Fela Anikulapo Kuti called follow-follow. And I call is elite brainwashing.

What is elite brainwashing?.

Elite brainwashing is the last stage of mental slavery http://
www.africason.com/2015/05/elite-brainwashing-last-stage-of-mental.html
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by Nobody: 3:21pm On May 24, 2015
Nah lie oh! Come Lagos u go see 90% of the girls nah gboliski smokers... Wch one come be 'don't like'?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by bbjummy: 3:25pm On May 24, 2015
The smell reeks badly and nauseating
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by Mcowubaba: 3:25pm On May 24, 2015
chowlade, why are u so scared or worried abt insults or people with different views.....i think u have been in nairaland for sometime..u need to get use to it or learn to ignore it....u just d warn anyhw, unfortunately u can't do anything (except reporting to Mods, which the may nt even look into)...i mean no offence dear...but ur warnings got my attention morethan ur topicsad...
......dnt take life to seriouscheesy....
@ topic who told u dat 45% of Nigerian men smoke....any empirical evidence or relaible source to back up ur Claim......
Nd u have answerd the question by urself...Culture nd norms of Nigeria women r nt in anyway similar to the Western World...so only few exposed nd 'wild' Nigerian women can exhibit most of the western culture (like smoking, drawing tatoos e.t.c)....

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by Nyceguy92: 3:28pm On May 24, 2015
[quote author=chowlade post=33711737]

Our women hate smoking g because of the acrid smells. Most say it upsets their stomach.

Smoking is basically for men in our culture. Only "liberated" women smoke here.

Smoking to keep warm is lame excuse because same person smokes when the weather is hot.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by Nobody: 3:30pm On May 24, 2015
The funny part are Muslims that condemn alcohol but are the worst smokers in the world

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by steadyguy: 3:30pm On May 24, 2015
chowlade:

Propagator of negativity

Make you no go find work...., EWU
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by oromankirisi(f): 3:34pm On May 24, 2015
..i am Abuja's Last born! cheesy
naija1stpikin:

I'm naija1stpikin
You?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by Nobody: 3:35pm On May 24, 2015
chowlade:

Try and find out why smoking was banned in airplanes, public transportation systems,restaurants , workplaces,public facilities and buildings and within several feet of the perimeter of almost every hospital in the USA if not all.Then you will see why your question makes no sense whatsoever.
Read up on second hand smoking and educate yourself

I still remember when people smoked at the back of airplanes like it were yesterday

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by Mcowubaba: 3:39pm On May 24, 2015
babyosisi:
The funny part are Muslims that condemn alcohol but are the worst smokers in the world
seriously, there was no need to bring Muslims into this sad....not civil!! not necessary!!!
Ps..i m a Christian..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Teach me How To Cook Fio-fio Or Dried Akidi / 'nzu'- Dat Local Chalk / How Do I Make Ice-cream?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.