Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,403 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone (14205 Views)

A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta / Beauty Of Our Yoruba Future. . . Our Children! / Yoruba Men♥ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by Sauron1: 7:03pm On Feb 09, 2009
stillwater:

You become Igbo after you've been exposed? Rotflmao tongue cheesy

Just letting u know i have got sexy Igbo babes around me. . . . .
They is the bomb. cheesy
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by earTHMama: 7:08pm On Feb 09, 2009

Even when I dey do my own, people still dey put me in the middle. Trouble dey really smell follow me.
Just leave our men alone and trouble won't follow you again. kiss kiss
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by earTHMama: 7:10pm On Feb 09, 2009

You are warning the igbo/nigerdelta sisters abi? let me inform you that Igbo gurls are becoming more realistic and have more value for other people
I think Yoruba girls are becoming more diplomatic, money conscious and unmarriable!!!
Most Yoruba girls dont believe in the institution of marriage as such
The era of SURULERE are gone for them
They are now looking for OLORUNSOGO.
@bold, you are lying. undecided
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by earTHMama: 7:14pm On Feb 09, 2009
Yorubas in particular have enormous ability to "absorb" other tribes and raise the ensuing products as 100% Yoruba.

Therefore the men are free to sow their oats all over the place and bring international girls home to mama. Them go say the woman no bring pikin when she enter the relationship, therefore any pikin thereafter isnt up for grabs. But when its the girl doing the same, mama will land herself in the hospital and papa will call family meeting. Unless the girl is stubborn, she'll defer to her relatives wishes.
That's incorrect. There are so many police yoruba men that sow their royal oaths nationwide and the kids are raised in the culture where they were born. In most cases, a child leans towards the mother and is more accustomed with his or her mothers culture. Most kids that are products of two tribes should attest to that.
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by earTHMama: 7:16pm On Feb 09, 2009
The worst culprits are the Muslim Yoruba men
I don't know if they give them mosque lessons on how to woo women.
Their sweet talk is too much
Olabowale is having a serious effect on ya. kiss kiss kiss
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by earTHMama: 7:19pm On Feb 09, 2009
Just letting u know i have got sexy Igbo babes around me. . . . .
They is the bomb.
@Sauron, at this point, I think Yoruba women will be better off if you turn gay because it will save us the pains of you infecting an honest sister with Chlamydia. Take your chlamydia to Calabar and igbo women. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by Sauron1: 7:21pm On Feb 09, 2009
earTHMama:

@Sauron, at this point, I think Yoruba women will be better off if you turn gay because it will save us the pains of you infecting an honest sister with Chlamydia. Take your chlamydia to Calabar and igbo women. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

Shut that SARS infected mouth/Yeast infection in that nether region of yours and take em to Ilesha.
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by earTHMama: 7:28pm On Feb 09, 2009

Shut that SARS infected mouth/Yeast infection in that nether region of yours and take em to Ilesha.
My own SARS actually means [b]S[/b]upple [b]A[/b]ss [b]R[/b]eleasing [b]S[/b]cents. tongue tongue
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by osisi2(f): 7:30pm On Feb 09, 2009
girlfriend for an igbo man is not feasible. they always want a wife(there is nothing wrong with that). the approach is what makes me angry. how can a well-educated igbo boy expect you to marry him just because he is giving you a ride to school? i marvel at their self confidence.

It's not bad now.
A man that wants to take you home to his mother rather than mess around.
That's romantic
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by Nobody: 7:31pm On Feb 09, 2009
@topic
you jealous? grin
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by earTHMama: 7:32pm On Feb 09, 2009

It's not bad now.
A man that wants to take you home to his mother rather than mess around.
That's romantic
Trust us women. He wants to play around ,we complain; He wants to get married, we also complain. grin grin
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by earTHMama: 7:34pm On Feb 09, 2009
@topic
you jealous?
Naaaa, I got my boo but the rate at which igbo girls marry yoruba men now is alarming and most yoruba guys are now speaking from both sides of their mouth. If you let this trend ontinue, there may be husband famine for yoruba girls in the near future. I was at a party last saturday and all them awon boys hanging around with igbo girls and i was like, wtf.
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by Sauron1: 7:39pm On Feb 09, 2009
earTHMama:

My own SARS actually means [b]S[/b]upple [b]A[/b]ss [b]R[/b]eleasing [b]S[/b]cents. tongue tongue

Try severe acute respiratory syndrome.
Have u taken your G-shot yet?? grin cheesy
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by earTHMama: 7:40pm On Feb 09, 2009
Try severe acute respiratory syndrome.
Have u taken your G-shot yet??
You think I'm you that shoots crack?. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by tpia: 7:43pm On Feb 09, 2009
earTHMama:

That's incorrect. There are so many police yoruba men that sow their royal oaths nationwide and the kids are raised in the culture where they were born. In most cases, a child leans towards the mother and is more accustomed with his or her mothers culture. Most kids that are products of two tribes should attest to that.

abeg. I'm talking of Yorubas who marry and live within their home areas.

The ones in Lagos married to other tribes are generally more open minded and the kids can be raised with more exposure to the mother's culture. On average that is.

If you and your Yoruba husband are living outside Lagos and within walking distance of his relatives, then forget it.

And I'm not talking about absentee fathers. Everyone knows the child will be raised solely in the mother's culture if she's the only parent available and they live outside Nigeria. Or if the father cut and run- that has nothing to do with tribe, nationality or race.
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by KarmaMod(f): 7:44pm On Feb 09, 2009
Oro Funmi ju fasting and praying lo
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by tpia: 7:48pm On Feb 09, 2009
KarmaMod:

Oro Funmi ju fasting and praying lo

dont know what kind of parties she goes to. Maybe all the people there were nairalanders. 'Cos she's sure not talking about real life.
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by KarmaMod(f): 7:55pm On Feb 09, 2009
In most cases, a child leans towards the mother and is more accustomed with his or her mothers culture.

Not true. In most Yoruba man/Igbo woman marriages, the kids lean more towards the Yoruba side/culture

Take David for instance, lol poor thing cant speak a lick of Igbo tongue
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by earTHMama: 8:00pm On Feb 09, 2009
Not true. In most Yoruba man/Igbo woman marriages, the kids lean more towards the Yoruba side/culture

Take David for instance, lol poor thing cant speak a lick of Igbo

Speaking a language is not the only test of cultural acclimatization.
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by osisi2(f): 8:02pm On Feb 09, 2009
It depends on environment.
The guy grew up in Abeokuta grin
My friend was teaching their kids Igbo and her Yoruba husband was upset shocked shocked
now the kids are older can neither speak  Igbo nor Yoruba
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by KarmaMod(f): 8:04pm On Feb 09, 2009
earTHMama:

True but go ahead, ask him anything about the culture.

Olodo only knows about the food. FFO grin
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by osisi2(f): 8:05pm On Feb 09, 2009
earTHMama:

It's the main connection to your culture.
If you can't speak the language,you're not a true son of the soil
period!
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by earTHMama: 8:08pm On Feb 09, 2009
abeg. I'm talking of Yorubas who marry and live within their home areas.

The ones in Lagos married to other tribes are generally more open minded and the kids can be raised with more exposure to the mother's culture. On average that is.

If you and your Yoruba husband are living outside Lagos and within walking distance of his relatives, then forget it.

Then it's applicable to every culture. The environment is the factor here and not the people involved. If David Dylan grew up in Enugu, what do you think he'll be speaking?. If your claim is correct, why are most Yoruba kids born from different cultures abroad not able to speak the language?
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by earTHMama: 8:08pm On Feb 09, 2009
True but go ahead, ask him anything about the culture.

Olodo only knows about the food. FFO
Roflmao grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by earTHMama: 8:10pm On Feb 09, 2009
My friend was teaching their kids Igbo and her Yoruba husband was upset
now the kids are older can neither speak Igbo nor Yoruba
It still will not make much difference if they grow up in yorubaland because they will be speaking more yoruba than igbo.
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by Hauwa1: 8:10pm On Feb 09, 2009
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by Nobody: 8:13pm On Feb 09, 2009
earTHMama:

Then it's applicable to every culture. The environment is the factor here and not the people involved. If David Dylan grew up in Enugu, what do you think he'll be speaking?. If your claim is correct, why are most Yoruba kids born from different cultures abroad not able to speak the language?

Not necessary. Most Igbo kids I know of that grew up in Lagos, can't speak Yoruba, only Igbo. It depends on the people concerned jor.
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by earTHMama: 8:14pm On Feb 09, 2009
Not necessary. Most Igbo kids I know of that grew up in Lagos, can't speak Yoruba, only Igbo. It depends on the people concerned jor.
Lagos is different because you can exist there without speaking yoruba but the case will be different if they grew up in Ibadan.
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by osisi2(f): 8:17pm On Feb 09, 2009
stillwater:

Like yourself
So I fit cuss you finish now and you no go know?
chei
No wonder you have all these Igbo men who want to marry you at first sight.
They can't wait to begin Igbo tutorials
You need a crash course grin
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by tpia: 8:18pm On Feb 09, 2009
earTHMama:

Are we talking about every culture here or didnt you specifically open the thread to warn Igbo and Niger Delta women to stay away from your Yoruba men?
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by osisi2(f): 8:19pm On Feb 09, 2009
How about sauron?
He can't even speak Yoruba shocked shocked
doesn't understand pidgin shocked shocked
didn't he grow up in Lagos?
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by tpia: 8:20pm On Feb 09, 2009
stillwater:

that's funny. I know quite a few non-Yorubas in lagos and elsewhere who speak fluent Yoruba- some are more comfortable speaking Yoruba than their own languages.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

Court Nullifies Installation Of 21 Kings By Ajimobi In Oyo / I Hate Being An African American Woman / 20 Main Yoruba Juju And Their Meaning.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.