Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,542 members, 7,816,320 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” (36736 Views)

P-square Releases 'Bank Alert' Gospel Version With Gee Jay / Nigerians That Have Been Ranked On Billboard Charts. / COMPREHENSIVE LIST: All Wizkid Songs A - Z In His Music Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by Nazeeboy(m): 2:50pm On May 14, 2015
I swear na only brymo I knw for dat list. *smh*
Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by obailala(m): 2:50pm On May 14, 2015
Wow..the guys are good. Never heard of Black Magic before now but I just listened to all his songs on youtube now and the guy is good... Will definitely get his album.
Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by SuperSuave(m): 2:52pm On May 14, 2015
KingTom:
Rubbish undecided undecided undecided Black Magic and Brymo are already known, the rest of them make good music, but I doubt if they can appeal to audiences outside Nigeria cool
I don't know of others but I think Simi can. She's got that almost rat-like voicesmiley she's really good
Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by Nobody: 2:53pm On May 14, 2015
Thank you OP!

Damn! That Simi girl is seriously killing it. Never heard of her and I guess that is why she is underrated.
Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by pinkhill(f): 2:53pm On May 14, 2015
if you have watched gidi up...u will know sute and lindsey....they are real talent
Yustash001:
I only know Brymo,Black magic and Storm rex....the others..I haven't even heard of their names...
Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by dotcomnamename: 2:56pm On May 14, 2015
Ishilove:

http://techpoint.ng/dear-jay-z-here-are-7-nigerian-artistes-that-should-be-discovered/

I was expecting to see artists like Lil Kesh or Kiss Daniel or one of these young boys now making waves- although, to be very very sincere here, I think Lil Kesh is singing rubbish; 'rhythmically pleasant' rubbish. Who knows, maybe the vacuity of the boy's lyrics is why he didn't feature on this list of 7. It doesn't matter, though. Nigerians love Lil Kesh!!! cheesy

So, do you agree with the writer of this article? The only artist i know on the list is Brymo embarassed

You can add yours

[size=25pt]SIMI is very very and very UNDERRATED [/size]
Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by ReSexzskilz(f): 2:56pm On May 14, 2015
BUTCHCASSIDY:

Truth is there is no appeal for the garbage they churn out. At most they will only feature foreign artistes and thats where it ends. D'banj tried it we all know how it ended.
D'banj that was even kicked out by Yeezy cos he sees no profit in what he do. Well, the Yeezy connection has really taken him far than any other artist from African on the world stage.

African artists' music are best suited for naked, crude cavemen.

1 Like

Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by nodullin(m): 2:57pm On May 14, 2015
I totally agree with [b]"BLACK MAGIC" [/b]that guy is a gift to mother earth.... he's good.. lyrically and otherwise..
Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by DSuperWoman(f): 2:58pm On May 14, 2015
this is some very good witting style. on to the list, well many of us dont know these artist cuz they are still up coming. i dont know all but Simi and Black magic are some very talented artisit. you wonder where u were when God was sharing talent. the music industry involves alot of money for promo thats why we dont get to hear about many talented artist like this
Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by SuperSuave(m): 2:59pm On May 14, 2015
safarigirl:
He should just sign Boj and Temi Dollface, they have the type of music that can capture the attention of International audience

None of those people listed save a few names like Brymo and Blackmagic are notable....not even one semi-hit or a feature on a semi-hit song
that is the essence of the thread now.angry Most of them are really good, talented and lyrically ok but just underrated or unknown. Or would you have preferred Tuface, Timi dakolo, Omawumi, Chidinma on the List? undecided
Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by Aigbehis(m): 2:59pm On May 14, 2015
Simi is my girl. she is so good.
Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by Nobody: 3:02pm On May 14, 2015
If it is for african market, then it makes sense. But if it is for the U.S market, there are more than enough talent in the U.S.

3 Likes

Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by SuperSuave(m): 3:02pm On May 14, 2015
dotcomnamename:

[size=25pt]SIMI is very very and very UNDERRATED [/size]
[size=30pt]LOUD IT!!!!!!!!!![/size]

1 Like

Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by demmy0325(m): 3:02pm On May 14, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
I agree with Simi.
I have watched her song 'Tiff' severally on TV, I must confess she is good.

I am sure so many people may not know her/them (with the exception of Brymo ,Blackmagic and stormrex though) , especially when one doesn't have access to DSTV and all.
'wonder why it is like that : poor promotion?

BOJ isn't a bad idea, I like him...and his costumes too. Boyfriend material grin
.. Sense... U bring the words ryt outta ma mouth..

1 Like

Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by SuperSuave(m): 3:03pm On May 14, 2015
Aigbehis:
Simi is my girl. she is so good.
your girl?? shocked Really?? angry
Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by PietroRico(m): 3:03pm On May 14, 2015
Boogey is the only person there who I know for sure won't find it too hard to break into their audience.
His songs are so 'un-nigerian'.
Criminally underrated is just the description

2 Likes

Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by benedo(m): 3:04pm On May 14, 2015
Aramide is not on this list please
Kindly include immediately
You can take a listen to--feeling this feeling, ekuro and her interpretation of eldee's today today is ...just totally mindblowing.
Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by Ryabcool(m): 3:04pm On May 14, 2015
This list became a joke when I couldn't find Eva and Jesse Jagz there
Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by Tomtoxic: 3:05pm On May 14, 2015
My opinion:erigga,chinko ekun,cynthia morgan
Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by demmy0325(m): 3:06pm On May 14, 2015
SuperSuave:
your girl?? shocked Really?? angry
.. Nt like datin.. U shud b able to comprehend simple english na..
Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by Ryabcool(m): 3:10pm On May 14, 2015
safarigirl:
He should just sign Boj and Temi Dollface, they have the type of music that can capture the attention of International audience

None of those people listed save a few names like Brymo and Blackmagic are notable....not even one semi-hit or a feature on a semi-hit song
you heard Sir Dauda? The work he did on Eva's War Coming was like adding heaven to ice cream. Please go listen to that song. It's on notjustok
Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by SilentCrescendo: 3:11pm On May 14, 2015
Boogey is a beast!!

Say no more brutha
Just listened to his Sanctum. I have to admit he was lyrically sick
Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by agabaI23(m): 3:12pm On May 14, 2015
Ishilove:

I was expecting to see artists like Lil Kesh or Kiss Daniel or one of these young boys now making waves- although, to be very very sincere here, I think Lil Kesh is singing rubbish; 'rhythmically pleasant' rubbish. Who knows, maybe the vacuity of the boy's lyrics is why he didn't feature on this list of 7. It doesn't matter, though. Nigerians love Lil Kesh!!! cheesy

So, do you agree with the writer of this article? The only artist i know on the list is Brymo embarassed

You can add yours
I had to scroll up to see who wrote this...I didn't know it is the one that banned me for doing nothing....Your style is refreshing.
Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by Braintouch(m): 3:15pm On May 14, 2015
Ishilove, this should have been in the music section not celebrities. Smh

1 Like

Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by OmoUSH(m): 3:16pm On May 14, 2015
Dear Jay z, am here. proud product of 2 Pac, Jay z, Nas, The Game, Usher and Eminem. Hip hop/soul is my culture.

my number, 09036654902.
Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by Dreamtouch: 3:18pm On May 14, 2015
Stormrex is very huge in South East...
Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by KingTom(m): 3:18pm On May 14, 2015
SuperSuave:
I don't know of others but I think Simi can. She's got that almost rat-like voicesmiley she's really good
Yes, that's true wink
Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by SuperSuave(m): 3:19pm On May 14, 2015
demmy0325:
.. Nt like datin.. U shud b able to comprehend simple english na..
your statement connoted a relationship between you and simi. So I thought you kinda family sad
Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by Emperortj93(m): 3:26pm On May 14, 2015
I would have suggested Jesse Jagz but I guess he's too talented (if not more than jay z himself) to be signed under his record label

Its jagz nation baby

2 Likes

Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by stephenqueen: 3:27pm On May 14, 2015
Brymo and magic baba are already gulder sorry stars grin grin...
Dear Jay Z please help the styl plus crew, I miss those guyz mehn cry cry cry cry cry.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

~Your Ultimate Love Songs/Artists ~Lovers Chillout Spot~ / Any Song For The One You Love! / Davido's "IF" Finally Debuts On Billboard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.