Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,454 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” (36741 Views)

P-square Releases 'Bank Alert' Gospel Version With Gee Jay / Nigerians That Have Been Ranked On Billboard Charts. / COMPREHENSIVE LIST: All Wizkid Songs A - Z In His Music Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by alberto2k(m): 4:56pm On May 14, 2015
Ishilove:

Are you and Airforce1 on the same label? I think that's why your name is not on the list grin
does Airforce1 have a single track yet?. . . me way get like 3 yankee tracks produced by don jazzy and shizzi grin. . . dare me to send u the track and you'll be surprised undecided
Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by stabillo(m): 4:58pm On May 14, 2015
I can only see BOOGEY... others are just singing, Boogey is a rap god.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by chukzzy1(m): 5:00pm On May 14, 2015
BuddhaPalm:
Remember how Mungo Park discovered River Niger and Columbus, America.

You might have already discovered these dudes, but the rest of the world hasn't.

Football scouts travel to discover talents who are already well know within their obscure leagues. That kain thing.
lol too much FM?
Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by azimibraun: 5:03pm On May 14, 2015
Brymo and Jesse Jaggz thats what Jigga Needs.
Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by Nobody: 5:05pm On May 14, 2015
KingTom:
Baba you def don forget Jazzman Olofin, kai that guy na hin posters full my hostel room those days cry cry cry It's popping shuku shuku bam bam grin grin grin

lol, , mhen that jazzman olofin na one kind , when i was little, all the big bros in our area like am like craze, "its popping shuku shuku bam bam" chai, memories

i heard hes still using that mercedes car from all those years, is it true
Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by KingTom(m): 5:16pm On May 14, 2015
stephenqueen:

Abi the guy get any single ni,if he get abeg help send amu grin grin
Single ko, double ni. The maluu dey pay all hin money to hin ex wife KSB oooo cry cry cry grin grin grin grin
Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by obynoses(m): 5:17pm On May 14, 2015
e2e is missing from the list. Young talented twin artists. One a singer and the other a rapper. You need to listen to them for ones and you will fall in love with music.

Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by KingTom(m): 5:19pm On May 14, 2015
vickerz:

lol, , mhen that jazzman olofin na one kind , when i was little, all the big bros in our area like am like craze, "its popping shuku shuku bam bam" chai, memories

i heard hes still using that mercedes car from all those years, is it true
Baba I never hear from the guy since oooo, it may be true, because Jazzman is known to be a simple guy cool cool
Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by cirmuell(m): 5:28pm On May 14, 2015
Ishilove:

http://techpoint.ng/dear-jay-z-here-are-7-nigerian-artistes-that-should-be-discovered/

I was expecting to see artists like Lil Kesh or Kiss Daniel or one of these young boys now making waves- although, to be very very sincere here, I think Lil Kesh is singing rubbish; 'rhythmically pleasant' rubbish. Who knows, maybe the vacuity of the boy's lyrics is why he didn't feature on this list of 7. It doesn't matter, though. Nigerians love Lil Kesh!!! cheesy

So, do you agree with the writer of this article? The only artist i know on the list is Brymo embarassed

You can add yours
Lil kesh and his boss are singing nothing but plain rubbish lately. And it's sad 'cause kids(even adults that ought to stop them) sing along to the rubbish. embarassed
Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by edpunter(m): 5:35pm On May 14, 2015
Emperortj93:
I would have suggested Jesse Jagz but I guess he's too talented (if not more than jay z himself) to be signed under his record label

Its jagz nation baby

Lol.
Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by horlabiyi(m): 5:46pm On May 14, 2015
chukzzy1:
must you show your stupidity?? So cos you don't know the rest of them,they are now "noisemakers"?.......op boogey is fiirrre!...massively underrated cos Nigerians don't like good music
now who's the stupid one here? Boogey is fire and Nigerians don't like good music
Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by horlabiyi(m): 5:48pm On May 14, 2015
Taylor86:
dat list is not complete without Airforce1

me: oh boy u hear say Jay-Z don discover 7 artists for naija wey him wan carry along..

Airforce1: dats good, my name must be dia..dats y iv been sending him messages and goodluck wishes on instagram..moreover he promised he'll take me along

me: ur name no dey there ooo

Airforce1 :cheiiiiiiiii
ROTFLMAO
Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by chocmanne(m): 5:51pm On May 14, 2015
KingTom:
Rubbish undecided undecided undecided Black Magic and Brymo are already known, the rest of them make good music, but I doubt if they can appeal to audiences outside Nigeria cool
then i guess you don't know boogey..
Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by Jasi7(m): 5:56pm On May 14, 2015
sweetorgasm:
shoro niyen
Pls wt is shoro niyen...been hearing dat word alot recently
Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by iamord(m): 6:00pm On May 14, 2015
Simi and lindsey deserve to make the cut. They are real and got an indie fusion that can blow in the American market. Blackmajic... Well...
Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by kinibigdeal(m): 6:16pm On May 14, 2015
shocked

Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by Themandator: 6:24pm On May 14, 2015
yinkeys:
The question here is how our musicians could infuse or should I say fine tune their songs to generate global appeal. In the international market,(Europe & USA specifically) how many of the music consumers understand pidgin english, Yoruba or even our Ibo speaking brothers(Alobam). Remember y'all Dbanj was dropped after a short while

Dbanj wasn't dropped. His contract expired or more succinctly, he refused to make good the balance of his contract fee, after his partner, Don Jazzy, walked out of the deal.
Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by Nobody: 6:30pm On May 14, 2015
naijababe:
Thank you OP!

Damn! That Simi girl is seriously killing it. Never heard of her and I guess that is why she is underrated.
Simi was a former gospel artist with the popular song "ara ile" before she decided to deviate into secular songs. She's good tho
Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by dnuelly(m): 7:07pm On May 14, 2015
Wah about Frankie Free and Kerri Sas, damn...You Need Hear this Guys doin the Music your Soul Needs to Revive if Dying
Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by Toak17: 7:08pm On May 14, 2015
if u must put Brymo........ waka shege..... u must put me to den.....
Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by Nobody: 7:50pm On May 14, 2015
Creamish:

Lolz....thanks. I just ignored him nwayz....not worth it. wink
You are welcome.
Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by Nobody: 8:02pm On May 14, 2015
KingTom:
Baba I never hear from the guy since oooo, it may be true, because Jazzman is known to be a simple guy cool cool

or maybe hes broke already? lipsrsealed
KingTom:

or maybe hes broke already?
Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by Nobody: 8:43pm On May 14, 2015
Ishilove:

http://techpoint.ng/dear-jay-z-here-are-7-nigerian-artistes-that-should-be-discovered/

I was expecting to see artists like Lil Kesh or Kiss Daniel or one of these young boys now making waves- although, to be very very sincere here, I think Lil Kesh is singing rubbish; 'rhythmically pleasant' rubbish. Who knows, maybe the vacuity of the boy's lyrics is why he didn't feature on this list of 7. It doesn't matter, though. Nigerians love Lil Kesh!!! cheesy

So, do you agree with the writer of this article? The only artist i know on the list is Brymo embarassed

You can add yours

ain't no list without airforce 1

why d beef na....

oh I forgot he never finish him album. dat photographer wicked gan

click like if u want make dem discover airforce1

1 Like

Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by flowsamuels(m): 8:58pm On May 14, 2015
safarigirl:
He should just sign Boj and Temi Dollface, they have the type of music that can capture the attention of International audience

None of those people listed save a few names like Brymo and Blackmagic are notable....not even one semi-hit or a feature on a semi-hit song

if you dont know stuffs...why not shut the fukk up?

boogey got ft on ridiculouse by mi himself

boogey was nominated fro the best rap act headies 2014

boogey started the 5am shits with his 5am in Lagos

boogey droped the best mixtape of the year 2014 [ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE]

boogey once came second in a zombie contest by terry the rapman

boogey is the best hiphop artist in Nigeria

boogey murdered MI and HENCH.

DONT SAY SHITTT ABT BOOGEY
Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by safarigirl(f): 9:35pm On May 14, 2015
flowsamuels:
if you dont know stuffs...why not shut the fukk up?

boogey got ft on ridiculouse by mi himself

boogey was nominated fro the best rap act headies 2014

boogey started the 5am shits with his 5am in Lagos

boogey droped the best mixtape of the year 2014 [ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE]

boogey once came second in a zombie contest by terry the rapman

boogey is the best hiphop artist in Nigeria

boogey murdered MI and HENCH.

DONT SAY SHITTT ABT BOOGEY
did I mention your boogey? Are you daft? Can you imagine this cretin from some sewage telling me to shut the furk up. You must be mad

Oloshi omo ale jati jati, go furk yourself or present your azzhole to boogey for furking, anuofia!
Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by stephenqueen: 9:58pm On May 14, 2015
KingTom:
Single ko, double ni. The maluu dey pay all hin money to hin ex wife KSB oooo cry cry cry grin grin grin grin
Person wey no get any single how e go cum release album grin grin
Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by Justiceotuya(m): 10:20pm On May 14, 2015
Has anyone heard the music 'aloo' by vinnee the guy is good.please also rukky from project fame is also good
Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by Capricon3(m): 10:20pm On May 14, 2015
Paul krux...BIU graduate is a guy to look out by Jay Z..his hot hardcore rap sends u wanting more..so lyrical..check him out of fb..Jay.
Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by agabaI23(m): 10:54pm On May 14, 2015
stephenqueen:

I no go talk make ma wife no knack me ban grin grin
lol na so you fear her reach?
Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by Mykelpato(m): 11:08pm On May 14, 2015
undecided jayz need rappers,ND u dey post gospel musicians here.. is brymo even talented huh?.. Nigerians sef... Jayz should sign ice prince, young 6ix,black magic and Runtown
Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by kradleber: 12:54am On May 15, 2015
Ishilove:

You can add yours

God bless your soul.. Boogey is the only legit rapper in Nigeria .. the rest can't rap. .
Re: Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” by kradleber: 1:11am On May 15, 2015
Olamide, Phyno, Lil kesh, Ice Prince and the league of wackness dominating Nigerian hip hop scene especially don't even deserve to get their sloppy mouths any where close to a microphone..

Rakim, Eminem , Immortal technique, Nas, ODB, Diabolical, Canibus, Black Thought, Mos def, Royce da 5'9, Big Pun, Big L , Technine,
Slaughterhouse, Wu-tang..
new generations- Kendrick Lamar, Kid kudi, Lupe, and a whole lot of others. ..

•when I hear these guys rap then listen to Nigerian rappers, even the so called average Mode nine and mi, I just laugh my heart out cos Nigerian rappers are wackity wack and are a disgrace to that beautiful spoken poetry and art developed by those three or four vagrant African American teenagers on the harsh street of Brooklyn ..

I have to say Boogey is the only legitimate rapper I've seen since the genesis of Nigerian hip hop.
No time to talk ...

just download Rigor mortis and see for yourself..he sampled Kendrick Lamar .. Missclasssy

here are the lyrics.. tell me what Nigerian Rapper has displayed such witticism .

[Verse 1]
Fellowship of the ring and they asking for who the lord is
Vigo Mortensen
Leaving 'em in the morgue in rigor mortis
With a gorgeous smile
Fighting Goliath, such an enormous size
I kill him with secret weapons hidden in my recorded files
Parts disorganised
In every Organ iced
Left in the corner before the coroner arrives
You never seen a sorer sight
Brought a brontosaurus to a tyrannosaurus fight?
You gangsters stuck in tweet jail for starting a war on skype?
Bunch of thugs on the internet
Lacking the Intellect
But they need it to be the leaders
I need 'em to be deleted from rapping entirely
Just pack and retire b
I attack with fire you see the ash in the sky
And they be the last of a dying breed
I'm blasting high as weed
Kush for the celebration of youth and its elevation
I'm pushing the generation and boosting the energy
If you hearing me you feeling terribly
For the rappers imma kill and you probably gonna shed a tear and grieve
I'm achilles and hercules sipping the blood of heracles
Hearing these cries for help
Where's your league you Micheal Phelps
Nigga like yourself wishing you had a couple of tyson belts
Know i'm the harder mike i done murder a lot of mics
I'm megamind wishing my head was made in a larger size
Skull is leaking while i'm speaking
So they call a priest to haul the demons
From my head to my dick hoping that they dissolve in semen
I'm paul before damascus that's saul to other rappers
If the priest fails imma advice you to call a pastor
But eff you and eff your religious extremism
And your mentality closed as your reasoning left in prison
I'm open minded and searching for answers I have to find
You passing time killing hiphop? Then i've got an axe to grind
[Interlude]
Hip hop they killing it
[Verse 2]
Leave you stiff as a statue i know you wish i don't catch you
I'm fucking swift imma pass you, attack you
For sleeping on me, a bunch of niggas in castles
Tasty dish imma have you for lunch
If you slow rappers is any quicker you fast food
Cannibal lectures from hannibal lecter
I remove your limbs from them hinges and sockets a mechanical expert
Bought the talent with gold i stole from a leprechaun
Mama told me give it back i hope you know that i kept it mom
I'm a decepticon blowing up before they detect the bomb
I detonate a second on the minute the detective comes
[Interlude]
Brain I killed 'em
[Verse 3]
I'm jason without the mask
I'm taking 'em out they're trash
I'm dangerous to the people my place is in alcatraz
I'm an alien saucer from space that's about to crash
I'm the stack of hay you set ablaze in a house of wax
Verses leaving your favourite rapper stuck in rigor motis
But listeners don't listen they only fucking with the chorus
Boogey be rapping like he wrote his stuff with a thesaurus
They spitting with autotune so they suck at their performance
All these dudes rapping with that autotoune wacker
Than that nollywood actor's recorded tune smash hit
Smash it to pieces on the set of a van vicker film
No dissing but the art of music demands sicker skill
Do this around the clock and the second hand ticking till
I'm dead and gone
Eliminating the wannabes till all is said and done
Anybody who becoming to battle a monster with a baretta gun
Better know that i'm atomic and ticking to blow so they better run
Chasing 'em into a place if it's darker than space i'm erasing the trace
Of a nigga disgracing the rap on a track
If he wacker than all of 'em actors who rapping the crap out of shit that we practice
I'm laughing my ass off
Attacking the last of the living and getting my nasa on and blasting off

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

~Your Ultimate Love Songs/Artists ~Lovers Chillout Spot~ / Any Song For The One You Love! / Davido's "IF" Finally Debuts On Billboard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.