Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,314 members, 7,815,575 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

Jobs Threatened By Robots - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Jobs Threatened By Robots (37521 Views)

My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by tonychristopher: 2:20pm On May 14, 2015
oh i forgot that one seff....people are uploading their homes, even some advert agency will lose jobs, who need an advert agency where i can call linda ikeji directly and send my picture to them

Asuokaa:

even estate agents everything is now online...i said one time there is nothing like been your own boss
Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by RobinHez(m): 2:21pm On May 14, 2015
yahoofak:

all dis threads with shekau lives. seun must hear dis.. cheesy cheesy
tongue grin
Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by tonychristopher: 2:22pm On May 14, 2015
my dear robot are assembling cars go to vox ojo, go to innosson...robots are here and they are not even expensive

viktor01:
HAHAHAHA.
E NO GO HAPPEN FOR NIGERIA. COOME TO THINK OF IT, WETIN ROBOT NEED TO FUNCTION?
ARE YOU SURE WE ARE EVER GOING TO HAVE THAT IN THIS COUNTRY?

1 Like

Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by Nobody: 2:22pm On May 14, 2015
winetapper:
Pardon,please are you a robot?
Why?
Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by Nobody: 2:22pm On May 14, 2015
Try to see this from an employer's point of view. Would you rather employ someone for N100,000 a month (not to mention insurance, benefits, vacation times, salary increase demands etc) or get a piece of software or a robot to do the same job more efficiently and only needs to be serviced for N100,000 a year? ATMs and self-checkout machines for example.

Employers would always find the cheapest and most efficient ways to produce in order to make maximum profit.

1 Like

Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by Emyogalanya: 2:25pm On May 14, 2015
Taylor86:
I no fit laugh ooooo!!!!!!!!!

Assuming u wake up one morning and while preparing to brush ur mouth, u discover that all ur teeth hv turned 2 pure GOLD, let's say (24 carat or so); you then went to a dentist who confirms to u that each teeth is worth #15 million Naira in d market. How many teeth will u ask d dentist to remove 4 sale
haha consider ursef toothless cos i go remove all ur teeth including ur milk tooth

1 Like

Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by wonlasewonimi: 2:27pm On May 14, 2015
garokabir:
Robot want do lawyer, I swear robot go see case him go run or him go tell the company wey make am in no feet or make robot stat to cry

When you think about corporate entities deploying decision support systems and business intelligence solutions, it's not far-fetched to think this is going to happen soon.
Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by Asuokaa: 2:27pm On May 14, 2015
tonychristopher:
oh i forgot that one seff....people are uploading their homes, even some advert agency will lose jobs, who need an advert agency where i can call linda ikeji directly and send my picture to them

i have am a privileged care taker of a real estate website created by Jesus....i went to an estate surveyor...he was like this is the real deal...estate agents will collect most estate sites uploading ppty is free and we r making real money tru AD
Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by braine(m): 2:27pm On May 14, 2015
RobinHez:

computerized
u sure dont know the definition of a robot. eber heard the word "artificial intelligence"

TRUE
Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by RobinHez(m): 2:28pm On May 14, 2015
Velocitron:
Try to see this from an employer's point of view. Would you rather employ someone for N100,000 a month (not to mention insurance, benefits, vacation times, salary increase demands etc) or get a piece of software or a robot to do the same job more efficiently and only needs to be serviced for N100,000 a year? ATMs and self-checkout machines for example.

Employers would always find the cheapest and most efficient ways to produce in order to make maximum profit.

nice!
but what about on the basis of decision making?
Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by tonychristopher: 2:30pm On May 14, 2015
To be honest, I just dont get it..please simplify
Asuokaa:

i have am a privileged care taker of a real estate website created by Jesus....i went to an estate surveyor...he was like this is the real deal...estate agents will collect most estate sites uploading ppty is free and we r making real money tru AD
Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by RobinHez(m): 2:31pm On May 14, 2015
even for football world....some coaches us football manager to scout for players, goal line technology, amd imagine a robot referee? grin
Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by Nobody: 2:33pm On May 14, 2015
RobinHez:

grin u go shock wink
we go kidnap the robots...grin

1 Like

Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by Asuokaa: 2:34pm On May 14, 2015
tonychristopher:
To be honest, I just dont get it..please simplify

i co-own a real estate listing site...http://evilla.com.ng to be sincere when i went on awareness i discovered online advert is what most agents do now...
Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by Nobody: 2:36pm On May 14, 2015
RobinHez:

nice!
but what about on the basis of decision making?

AI systems have gotten very advanced to the point where they can predict possible outcomes of different choices and can then pick the best option. For example, computer chess systems
Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by MrCork: 2:50pm On May 14, 2015
angry...yea right....so Robots can read thru application forms ...abi?.. Robot can detect if yor well dressed for a job interview...abi? ... Robot hav the instincts to determine if yor right for the job..abi? ...Robot can pin point who farted in the office..abi??

...serrriously...am goin bak to bed..laters!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by TRADELYN: 2:57pm On May 14, 2015
wonlasewonimi:

Obviously you haven't heard about search engine optimization and cloud offering like Salesforce. ICT is changing Marketing terrain.
Don't get me wrong.
See this link:
https://www.nairaland.com/2313524/jobs-threatened-robots/1#33730967
Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by wonlasewonimi: 3:05pm On May 14, 2015
tonychristopher:
many jobs will be lost, front desk seff some go loose jobs with softwares and hologram available, which company wan dey pay
#

the only secret is self employement ...the people that will never lose jobs are SALES MEN and MARKETERS...people will always buy

All these self employment you guys keep harping on about that don't turnover N1m. Why can't you retrain and support the latest technology or be a developer of these systems. Over time, you'll harvesting your mullah as a consultant.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by tolexy007(m): 3:06pm On May 14, 2015
in as much it will nt take over my wife, no p
Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by RobinHez(m): 3:11pm On May 14, 2015
Velocitron:

AI systems have gotten very advanced to the point where they can predict possible outcomes of different choices and can then pick the best option. For example, computer chess systems
so true...
have u watched robocop?
Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by RobinHez(m): 3:13pm On May 14, 2015
IzonOwei:
we go kidnap the robots...grin
...den sell am 4 alaba market...#no time grin grin
Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by Spaxon(f): 3:14pm On May 14, 2015
EVERY POINT MADE SENSE APART FROM THE LAST ONE .. IT CAN NEVER BE... ROBOTS WOULD BE BRIBED.... JUST REMOVE SOME WIRES. cheesy
Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by SuperSuave(m): 3:25pm On May 14, 2015
Spaxon:
EVERY POINT MADE SENSE APART FROM THE LAST ONE ..
IT CAN NEVER BE...
ROBOTS WOULD BE BRIBED....
JUST REMOVE SOME WIRES. cheesy
erm..not physical robot really, just e-robot to replace non-litigation lawyers so you cannot remove any wire tongue tongue
Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by RobinHez(m): 3:25pm On May 14, 2015
Spaxon:
EVERY POINT MADE SENSE APART FROM THE LAST ONE ..
IT CAN NEVER BE...
ROBOTS WOULD BE BRIBED....
JUST REMOVE SOME WIRES. cheesy
hahaha...u're a lawuer abi...
Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by tonychristopher: 3:30pm On May 14, 2015
wonlasewonimi:

All these self employment you guys keep harping on about that don't turnover N1m. Why can't you retrain and support the latest technology or be a developer of these systems. Over time, you'll harvesting your mullah as a consultant.

To be frank, I just didnt get you or understand you sir, can you make it a bit simpler

Who will bear the cost of training.....
Must you work for people, I think at a point one should be thinking of retirement or will you like to be facing interview panel at the age of 48
Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by famtech: 3:31pm On May 14, 2015
Thousands will be involved in making robot so no fear ,you hear
winetapper:
and helped rendered thousands Jobless.. sad
Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by tonychristopher: 3:33pm On May 14, 2015
Architech and even surveyors will be losing jobs with design softwares and liner sensors, who needs a fulltime surveyors

Now some police that has refused to upgrade will lose jobs to motion sensors, IPTV cameras, sensors and other ICT GPS system that will stop cars once reportedly stolen

all you need to do is track your car online stop it and retrieve no police report no go to station, just tracvk it online

RobinHez:

hahaha...u're a lawuer abi...
Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by RobinHez(m): 3:34pm On May 14, 2015
crazyscientist..u no put mouth for here?
Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by famtech: 3:34pm On May 14, 2015
Yes Robot can do all these things witin seconds ,it full of sensors.
MrCork:
angry...yea right....so Robots can read thru application forms ...abi?.. Robot can detect if yor well dressed for a job interview...abi? ... Robot hav the instincts to determine if yor right for the job..abi? ...Robot can pin point who farted in the office..abi??

...serrriously...am goin bak to bed..laters!!
Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by RobinHez(m): 3:36pm On May 14, 2015
tonychristopher:
Architech and even surveyors will be losing jobs with design softwares and liner sensors, who needs a fulltime surveyors

Now some police that has refused to upgrade will lose jobs to motion sensors, IPTV cameras, sensors and other ICT GPS system that will stop cars once reportedly stolen

all you need to do is track your car online stop it and retrieve no police report no go to station, just tracvk it online

lloooll @police that refuse to upgrade grin
artificial inteligence is sweet...but lets reason the bad sides. have u watched robocop?
Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by denedene(m): 3:37pm On May 14, 2015
well! they can't take the jobs of diplomats
Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by MrCork: 3:40pm On May 14, 2015
famtech:

Yes Robot can do all these things witin seconds ,it full of sensors.

...bro there are certain jobs robots cannot do that requires 100% human attension...may be only 60% of science course..truss me, I know! angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chemical Engineering Graduate Sells Smoked Catfish - Pictures / Top 5 Highest Paying Oil And Gas Companies In Nigeria / FG Set To Sack 3,500 Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.