Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,264 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Jobs Threatened By Robots - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Jobs Threatened By Robots (37515 Views)

My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by wonlasewonimi: 3:41pm On May 14, 2015
tonychristopher:

To be frank, I just didnt get you or understand you sir, can you make it a bit simpler

Who will bear the cost of training.....
Must you work for people, I think at a point one should be thinking of retirement or will you like to be facing interview panel at the age of 48

What I'm trying to say is that instead of setting up a so called business centre selling recharge cards. One could re-skill in latest techs (afterall those doing it no get 2 heads) and be a subject matter expert on such technologies. There's a difference between going for interview and being headhunted.

Bro Job different from Job.
Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by tonychristopher: 3:46pm On May 14, 2015
Who is selling recharge card, even if they sell recharge card there is room for growth, that [pl;ace you are working is it not a fellow human beign that owns it

pls think independent, have a can do spirit

Dont be the type of human that will work in a firm 20yrs and get long service award...dude highest you will work in a firm as an ambitious dude is 6yrs you go do your thing

but anyway good luck

headhunted or going for job..all na the same...YOU STILL WORK YOUR ASSS OFF FOR some dude ..you will be answerable to people, your not your own master..American call it...WAGE SLAVE

but its your choice to eith be a wage slave forever of your own master

wonlasewonimi:

What I'm trying to say is that instead of setting up a so called business centre selling recharge cards. One could re-skill in latest techs (afterall those doing it no get 2 heads) and be a subject matter expert on such technologies. There's a difference between going for interview and being headhunted.

Bro Job different from Job.
Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by MistadeRegal(m): 3:46pm On May 14, 2015
RobinHez:
hahaha...but it is u ngineers dat built them na, well in naija, it wont happen wink
Too late to say this because it's already in use.
Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by wonlasewonimi: 3:52pm On May 14, 2015
tonychristopher:
Who is selling recharge card, even if they sell recharge card there is room for growth, that [pl;ace you are working is it not a fellow human beign that owns it

pls think independent, have a can do spirit

Dont be the type of human that will work in a firm 20yrs and get long service award...dude highest you will work in a firm as an ambitious dude is 6yrs you go do your thing

but anyway good luck

headhunted or going for job..all na the same...YOU STILL WORK YOUR ASSS OFF FOR some dude ..you will be answerable to people, your not your own master..American call it...WAGE SLAVE

but its your choice to eith be a wage slave forever of your own master

Guy I know you will find it hard to understand. Enjoy bro.
Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by CyberWolf: 4:01pm On May 14, 2015
The earlier you equip yourself with IT skills, the better for you..
Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by optimusprime2(m): 4:01pm On May 14, 2015
Journalists can hardly be replaced by robots.... are you trying to tell me that CNN's Christiane Amanpour or Jim Clancy can be replaced by a robot? c'mon... even if the robot was Iron-mans Jarvis, there are some things about Journalism that forever remain classic N.B reporting is part of Journalism.
Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by jayhans(m): 4:11pm On May 14, 2015
winetapper:
seriously its very annoying..

Especially mechanical engineering.. Robot now fix everything.. embarassed
dats y we nid to aspire or pursue a career in mechatronics engineering.... because sum1 nid to service those robots frm time to time
Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by afolajohn521(m): 4:29pm On May 14, 2015
These are endangered species
Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by Misterdhee1(m): 4:56pm On May 14, 2015
Abeg will that solve unemployment?? Crap!!
Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by Spaxon(f): 5:00pm On May 14, 2015
SuperSuave:
erm..not physical robot really, just e-robot to replace non-litigation lawyers so you cannot remove any wire tongue tongue
cheesy
Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by Spaxon(f): 5:01pm On May 14, 2015
RobinHez:
hahaha...u're a lawuer abi...
yes ooo
Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by EazyMoh(m): 5:05pm On May 14, 2015
winetapper:
seriously its very annoying..

Especially mechanical engineering.. Robot now fix everything.. embarassed
Lol!
Obviously you don't seem to know the concept of Engineering. Simply put, 'repair' and even building is more of a job for a technician. An engineer does more of the design, calculations, and assumptions with which the machine is to be programmed. Engineers together with programmers are the ones making AI a reality right now, without them AI is not achievable. Unless you are telling me the robots can build and operate themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by Lordbinsmar: 5:42pm On May 14, 2015
EazyMoh:

Lol!
Obviously you don't seem to know the concept of Engineering. Simply put, 'repair' and even building is more of a job for a technician. An engineer does more of the design, calculations, and assumptions with which the machine is to be programmed. Engineers together with programmers are the ones making AI a reality right now, without them AI is not achievable. Unless you are telling me the robots can build and operate themselves.
yeah you are on point,i dont think those robot wud be able to do engineering or product design which involve human inteligence...but its not all engineers that do design work.many wud still lose their job especially technicians,and engineering technologist.
Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by Nobody: 5:56pm On May 14, 2015
RobinHez:

so true...
have u watched robocop?
Nope
Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by RobinHez(m): 6:03pm On May 14, 2015
Velocitron:

Nope
ok...try watching it, there was a debate about allowing machines to do a soldier's work
Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by RobinHez(m): 6:08pm On May 14, 2015
Spaxon:
yes ooo
no wonder...shey u knw that u guyz are professional liers? tongue
Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by RobinHez(m): 6:09pm On May 14, 2015
Misterdhee1:
Abeg will that solve unemployment?? Crap!!
smh...undecided
Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by ojezee(m): 6:14pm On May 14, 2015
I see luddites here .
Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by Spaxon(f): 6:15pm On May 14, 2015
RobinHez:

no wonder...shey u knw that u guyz are professional liers? tongue
I'll sue this monikier
Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by RobinHez(m): 6:18pm On May 14, 2015
Spaxon:
I'll sue this monikier
grin thats d best u cän do....then u'd be like *my lord, this guy has called us liers*
grin tongue
Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by Nobody: 6:34pm On May 14, 2015
More jobs for robotic engineers . Cant wait to be a part of the revolution. Ones man food is another mans poison
Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by Kposkila: 7:47pm On May 14, 2015
Taylor86:
I no fit laugh ooooo!!!!!!!!!

Assuming u wake up one morning and while preparing to brush ur mouth, u discover that all ur teeth hv turned 2 pure GOLD, let's say (24 carat or so); you then went to a dentist who confirms to u that each teeth is worth #15 million Naira in d market. How many teeth will u ask d dentist to remove 4 sale
First of all a dentist is not qualified to identify real gold!
Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by dennymade(m): 9:02pm On May 14, 2015
Then let's carry out robbotphobia!!!!

winetapper:

My point is Robots are threatening our jobs.. Imagin,why den do we humans den go to scholl when you can program a robort to work perfect?
Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by RobinHez(m): 9:13pm On May 14, 2015
dennymade:
Then let's carry out robbotphobia!!!!

OYO LE WA

KILLER ROBOTS ARE THE DEADLIEST O
Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by Spaxon(f): 9:29pm On May 14, 2015
RobinHez:

grin thats d best u cän do....then u'd be like *my lord, this guy has called us liers*
grin tongue

cheesy
Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by Nobody: 9:36pm On May 14, 2015
more jobs for the software/ robotic/ maintenance /manufacturing engineers since the skilled technicians will still be required to maintain and repair these robots, humans will continue to carry out programming and computer operation, upgrade softwares, install new versions, engineering project work and still someone must be responsible for managing the robot factory, material eng will still look for cheap, light weight materials for makin better robots

then again I dont see robots taking over in 10 yrs to come here in naija since they are expensive and cost outweighs cost of unskilled labor for now

however, in the not too distant future, wth the advancement of technolgy and effective manufacture of robots, adaptation becomes high and prices will come down, productivity wud be high labour cost will be zero, then imagine the govt payin each citizen salary without workin 8-4, and we wud have time for family, loved ones, focus on learning new skills, make customised products etc since human has been creative, and wud adapt to these chang in technologies
Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by Nobody: 9:41pm On May 14, 2015
What about teaching by robots?
Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by RobinHez(m): 9:53pm On May 14, 2015
cliveojoademola:
What about teaching by robots?
mavis beacon teaches typing
professor teaches microsoft word....etc

yeah!
Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by fineguy11(m): 10:34pm On May 14, 2015
this is good news for TEMI TEMI grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by soleexx(m): 10:57pm On May 14, 2015
Mopo nko? And yahoo boy
Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by Craigston: 11:37pm On May 14, 2015
bushdoc9919:
I for one do not welcome our new Robotic overlords....

Unless...someone makes them Three Laws Compliant...

iRobot. Sunny the robot?
Re: Jobs Threatened By Robots by ceaser: 6:04am On May 15, 2015
RobinHez:

1. Phone booth operators and cashiers: The rise of wearable technology and mobile payment systems e.g the Apple Watch and the Apple pay, may make the jobs virtually out-of-date, because there is no need for a person to be there.

www.edscienceblog..com/2015/05/jobs-threatened-by-robots.html

Now the bolded os the most disgusting part of the entire post. They want people to get fixated on apple as the only viable and available option in whatever there is. Why use a just starting apple pay and wearables as examples when there such perfectly working technologies that have existed long before apple even dreamt of venturing into such fields? Hello, have these people ever heard of amazon electronic payment? Microsoft band and other very nice wearables? Matter of fact, the apple watch is nothing but a farce as it has proven poor acceptance and popularity way below the hype the american media gave it before its release. How many people even use apple pay compared to the already advanced and widely used amazon payment system? They just want to keep people fixated on apple products and it has so far been working for most unrepentant i-diots. Thank God the majority has seen the light and freed 'emselves.

Apple pay kó, coconut credit ni.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. / Agbori Better: Professional Female Barber In Bayelsa (Photos) / Chemical Engineering Graduate Sells Smoked Catfish - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.