Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Ten Places Buhari Can Get A Trillion Naira Within 90days In Office - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ten Places Buhari Can Get A Trillion Naira Within 90days In Office (43705 Views)

Buhari Can Be Impeached Over Magu – Senator Okurounmu / 'It Is Over For Magu, Buhari Can Not Send His Name To Senate Again': Dino Melaye / Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Places Buhari Can Get A Trillion Naira Within 90days In Office by SeverusSnape(m): 8:21pm On May 14, 2015
kings09:
So u agree ur bosses have bn stealing frm d nation n paying u frm dat loot. U go hear am. Till May 29th. Am sure it has nt dawn on u dat ur thieves of bosses have bn sacked. Pained loser
Who's this buharistic nonentity? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Ten Places Buhari Can Get A Trillion Naira Within 90days In Office by Themandator: 8:21pm On May 14, 2015
rottennaija:
Great idea. But the governors that serve under yaradua and Jonathan should return more than a that. Each should return more than 20billion each year. The reason being the increase in allocation during their 8 years stay in power

loots returned by state governors doesn't belong and therefore can't go to the federal government. it is not revenue accruing to the federation. whatever try return goes to their respective states

1 Like

Re: Ten Places Buhari Can Get A Trillion Naira Within 90days In Office by kay1one2(m): 8:25pm On May 14, 2015
This is the dumbest article I've read this year!!!

5 Likes

Re: Ten Places Buhari Can Get A Trillion Naira Within 90days In Office by uhalauju(f): 8:26pm On May 14, 2015
Dis can only be a fantastic suggestion IF ONLY the words can come alive however not without modifications.
Re: Ten Places Buhari Can Get A Trillion Naira Within 90days In Office by tabisegroup(m): 8:26pm On May 14, 2015
rottennaija:
Great idea. But the governors that serve under yaradua and Jonathan should return more than a that. Each should return more than 20billion each year. The reason being the increase in allocation during their 8 years stay in power
my state governor Akpabio should return 1.1 trillion grin
Re: Ten Places Buhari Can Get A Trillion Naira Within 90days In Office by atlwireles: 8:29pm On May 14, 2015
Sweetguy25:
Mumu people. To the average Nigerian, everybody that served as a public official is corrupt. The only exception is Buhari. Anyone that thinks this way is ignorant and corrupt. Ignorance is the greatest form of corruption and that is what is killing Nigeria.

Threads like this tell me Nigeria is doomed with lorry loads of stupiddd people. grin grin grin grin Time to check out again from this country.

5 Likes

Re: Ten Places Buhari Can Get A Trillion Naira Within 90days In Office by Ezenwammadu(m): 8:36pm On May 14, 2015
This is the most idiotic article l have read this year and i have numerous idiotic fables

5 Likes

Re: Ten Places Buhari Can Get A Trillion Naira Within 90days In Office by grandstar(m): 8:37pm On May 14, 2015
First and foremost, Nigerria;s debt ratio is piffling!

Its less than 20% of GDP.

Most advanced countriesuntries have over 6o%

The country's deficit too is low. It is barely 1% of GDP. It only starts becoming worrisome when its 3% or more for a long period of time.

The best way the country can raise money is to lower the tax rate (which encourages more people to pay), make tax payments easy to make to encourage compliance, punish evaders, and provide incentives to those collecting taxes to do their work. All these will go a long way yo improving tax collection.

Also, gocvernment should increase VAT to 15%, remove the petrol and kerosene subsidy and intoruce a petrol tax of 10naira per litre. This can easily raise 150billion yearly to take care of the roads.

All these alone will raise over a trillion yearly within 2years.

If I was made Finance minister, the budget deficit will be erased within a year! grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ten Places Buhari Can Get A Trillion Naira Within 90days In Office by supereagle(m): 8:46pm On May 14, 2015
Baba and Osinbande will have their own ways and methods .
Re: Ten Places Buhari Can Get A Trillion Naira Within 90days In Office by Nobody: 8:46pm On May 14, 2015
OP.you don fall my hand ooo

What about all negotiating with all the coup plotters in Nigeria, all the Milads and all their contractors from 1983 to 1999?
Re: Ten Places Buhari Can Get A Trillion Naira Within 90days In Office by tekslee: 8:49pm On May 14, 2015
It's unreasonable bro,this plan is dangerous and will not work
Re: Ten Places Buhari Can Get A Trillion Naira Within 90days In Office by Nobody: 8:49pm On May 14, 2015
grandstar:

The country's deficit too is low. It is barely 1% of GDP. It only starts becoming worrisome when its 3% or more for a long period of time.

The best way the country can raise money is to lower the tax rate (which encourages more people to pay), make tax payments easy to make to encourage compliance, punish evaders, and provide incentives to those collecting taxes to do their work. All these will go a long way yo improving tax collection.

Also, gocvernment should increase VAT to 15%, remove the petrol and kerosene subsidy and intoruce a petrol tax of 10naira per litre.
This can easily raise 150billion yearly to take care of the roads.

If I was made Finance minister, the debudge deficit will be erased within a year! grin grin grin grin grin

Bros, don't allow occupy Nigeria to come and occupy Nairaland because you oo.
Ok, maybe they will accept it sha.
this is CHANGE.

1 Like

Re: Ten Places Buhari Can Get A Trillion Naira Within 90days In Office by sanmori(m): 8:51pm On May 14, 2015
The BUHARI govt should look at customs and restructure the collection process of importation duty. The current process is so complex and create room for custom officers to enrich themselves. Getting an independent consultant for fee collection will not be a bad idea, let the customs concentrate on inspection and enforcement.
Re: Ten Places Buhari Can Get A Trillion Naira Within 90days In Office by atlwireles: 8:54pm On May 14, 2015
grandstar:

Also, gocvernment should increase VAT to 15%, remove the petrol and kerosene subsidy and intoruce a petrol tax of 10naira per litre. This can easily raise 150billion yearly to take care of the roads.

If I was made Finance minister, the debudge deficit will be erased within a year! grin grin grin grin grin

15% VAT on whom? How many states today collect 1 billion in VAT. Any increase in VAT is punishing businesses in states like Lagos and Rivers. Let's spread the tax burden and collect from the free loaders, before contemplating any increase. Besides your VAT, I agree completely with all your other points
Re: Ten Places Buhari Can Get A Trillion Naira Within 90days In Office by zimoni(f): 8:54pm On May 14, 2015
Talk is cheap.

1 Like

Re: Ten Places Buhari Can Get A Trillion Naira Within 90days In Office by ndcide(m): 8:57pm On May 14, 2015
Looks like Rudolf is even a more chronic APC supporter than I thought. This idea could be as a result of more than 12 hours marathon smoking of kwale Igbho.

I wouldn't be surprised if Buhari attempts this. Because we've been told, this is how his mind works.

4 Likes

Re: Ten Places Buhari Can Get A Trillion Naira Within 90days In Office by jimi4us: 9:01pm On May 14, 2015
IbnSultaan:
Ten Places Buhari Can Get A Trillion Naira By Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo

http://saharareporters.com/2015/05/14/ten-places-buhari-can-get-trillion-naira-rudolf-ogoo-okonkwo
nonsensical nonsense. Rudolf na dog name.

1 Like

Re: Ten Places Buhari Can Get A Trillion Naira Within 90days In Office by francizy(m): 9:03pm On May 14, 2015
[s]
uniklinkum:

You are a world renowned mooron!!!! 100 monikers where the fcvk did i have the time, it is corpus Christi here. Not everyone is curse with the joblessness your government use in punishing all you fools. We know who is obsessed here the agama lizard that quoted another fellow who is not interested in his rundown existence. cause it a waste of time breaking words with an imb..ecile with the brain power of an ostrich that donated it brain for experiment.
[/s]

Stale gist from an oshodi tout who claims he's schooling abroad. I don't envy you and your business. I hope your pay masters are doing you good for helping them run the intimidation and oppression company funded to insult and silence their critics.

If you as much claim to be outside Nigeria, then get your dirty and disease ridden balls off Nigerian affairs. Let people who base here talk. I only pity your generation who you plan to hand over moniker management and intimidation company Plc to. They deserve much more but hey, we must not all be useful. Let the ones who cherish their online business which is similar to bus park tout job be on their own while we the reasonable ones forge ahead.

God help this lost soul.

1 Like

Re: Ten Places Buhari Can Get A Trillion Naira Within 90days In Office by InvertedHammer: 9:03pm On May 14, 2015
/
I think the article is nonsense.

The only way.Nigeria can recover her stolen money is through a God-fearing, patriotic albeit asshole military dictator that throws the IRS "format" at the politicians, et al. Fighting corruption involves zero tolerance with no soft-landing. Otherwise people will steal N10b to give back N2bn. Net looting profit becomes N8bn.

The format goes like this. The onus is on suspect to prove funds and assets are legitimately acquired or be wholly forfeited to the government. In extreme cases, 2-5 years jail term follows.

The only person that can implement such a draconian measure is an A-hole who talks less and acts more. Fvck fundamental human rights! A looter of commonwealth should be treated like a criminal that he/she is. All these oil marketers gallivanting all over the place will cry more than Oladipo Diya. This is why I think GEJ is the worst of the worst--allowed Lilly-livered leeches to hold his government at ransom. What manner of C-in-C?!
/
Re: Ten Places Buhari Can Get A Trillion Naira Within 90days In Office by HeavenShield: 9:10pm On May 14, 2015
tabisegroup:
Who is Talking?
Re: Ten Places Buhari Can Get A Trillion Naira Within 90days In Office by HeavenShield: 9:12pm On May 14, 2015
tabisegroup:
Re: Ten Places Buhari Can Get A Trillion Naira Within 90days In Office by Realist2: 9:14pm On May 14, 2015
IbnSultaan:
Ten Places Buhari Can Get A Trillion Naira By Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo http://saharareporters.com/2015/05/14/ten-places-buhari-can-get-trillion-naira-rudolf-ogoo-okonkwo

Great theory but will these same politicians allow it happen ??
Re: Ten Places Buhari Can Get A Trillion Naira Within 90days In Office by luckyman1010(m): 9:16pm On May 14, 2015
Sunnymatey:
Op, you forgot to ask Buhari to also refund #1b being part of the monies he took when he was head of state and PTF chairman.
U missed road.
Re: Ten Places Buhari Can Get A Trillion Naira Within 90days In Office by Charly68: 9:18pm On May 14, 2015
This idea is a very barbaric one..so anyone that works in public service is corrupt abi?That kind of a concept is too parochial and very inapplicable
Re: Ten Places Buhari Can Get A Trillion Naira Within 90days In Office by superbloke(m): 9:40pm On May 14, 2015
PassingShot:
In your first paragraph, you wrongly typed President Jonathan instead of President Buhari.

Your idea cannot work in a democracy. All past governors, ministers and senators will simply ask you to establish that they've corruptly enriched themselves while in office. So, no one will cooperate with you without evidences.
It's Rudolph Okonkwo. He writes amazing satires. The last paragraph is the summary of the whole write up. I'm not surprised a lot of people do not see it though.

1 Like

Re: Ten Places Buhari Can Get A Trillion Naira Within 90days In Office by gebest: 9:43pm On May 14, 2015
u tink is easy like that.
Re: Ten Places Buhari Can Get A Trillion Naira Within 90days In Office by gebest: 9:44pm On May 14, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Is this a joke or what? grin
Re: Ten Places Buhari Can Get A Trillion Naira Within 90days In Office by PRYCE(m): 9:50pm On May 14, 2015
AhmedMustapha:

What year did you give Fashola trillions of dollars?
@post
Things don't work that way in a democratic society and we need to understand that even if GMB STOPS corruption in the country, we don't generate enough to satisfy our needs so that 1 trillion will be chicken feed when GMB calculates the amount he will need to solve most of the nation's problems.
Stops Corruption?? Like Seriously? If corruption could be stopped, Then advanced cancer could be treated!
Re: Ten Places Buhari Can Get A Trillion Naira Within 90days In Office by AhmedMustapha(m): 9:56pm On May 14, 2015
PRYCE:
Stops Corruption?? Like Seriously? If corruption could be stopped, Then advanced cancer could be treated!
I said 'EVEN IF' cause I don't even believe it can be stopped.
Re: Ten Places Buhari Can Get A Trillion Naira Within 90days In Office by eddieedoho: 9:58pm On May 14, 2015
Good source of fund right. Buhari dare not try this because he will surely step on toes. And holding the Tiger by the tail, i am afraid could be a dangerous experience.
Re: Ten Places Buhari Can Get A Trillion Naira Within 90days In Office by Jaypea98: 10:00pm On May 14, 2015
Emmydot90:
Please how can I post news on nairaland I have many news to post but don't know how to go about it
There is a building burning in apapa Lagos it has razed 4cars already at maybin/north avenue near tamandu barracks if nothing is done it will extend to the next building fire service is no where to be found its still burning now as I write
Go to the Nairaland home page. You will see different sections under
boards like 'entertainment,sports, food, diaries, romance etc. Choose
any one that matches what you want to talk about and click on it.

For example, if you want to talk about your relationship, go to
romance and click on it. If it is about religion, go to religion. If
it is a sports topic you want to talk about click on sports. If it is
life in general go to 'general' etc etc.

When you click on the section that interests you, you will be directed
there. At the section, look for the 'create new topic' button which is
at the top of the page, just on top of the list of threads in the
section. Click on the create new topic button. A page will be opened
where you will see a text box and the title bar.

Put the title of the topic you want to discuss, scroll down, type your
topic in the text box, and when you're done typing, click on the
'submit' button at the bottom of the text box. Your topic will be
created.

If you want to make changes, click on 'modify' at the bottom of your
already created topic. After editing, submit it again.

Very simple.

Cheers,
Courtesy: ISHILOVE

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

CNN Adverts: FG Must Punish Dangote, Zenithbank, Globacom - Bode George / "Resign Now", Abdulmumin Jibrin To Buhari / Governor Akeredolu Throws N200 Notes On Highway (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.