Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,269 members, 7,815,453 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

The Interpretation Of God In Fear Of God. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Interpretation Of God In Fear Of God. (498 Views)

Ladies And Cleavage Revealing Photos; Stop Calling The Name Of God In Vain / When A Girl Always Get Shy Around You- The Interpretation. / The Day I Started Having The Fear Of Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Interpretation Of God In Fear Of God. by Welrez(m): 5:43pm On May 14, 2015
I've pondered on this question for a while. It seems to occupy the discussion of many ladies and men and is even found on famous romance lists on nairaland. It's not strange to see it occupying an important position in the hierarchy of qualities a marriageable man should possess. In fact, some people, especially ladies, don't hesitate to ask you where you worship before a date kicks off. It is a common question which usually attracts a simple and straightforward answer: I worship with so so church. But I think it demands a deep answer. I think it brings into bear the definition of God and humanity in it.
My reflection arises from the diversity of beliefs and the fact that we are persuaded to be open-minded and tolerant towards the beliefs of others. I believe a true embrace of democracy demands such an attitude from us as well as our humanity and civilisation. We are now taught society is diverse and so we are urged to accept others views and live with it. This means a narrow interpretation can lead to subtle as well as open resentment, which is already a reality in our society. I feel the interpretation of this should be broad enough to reflect the diversity in society.

But if people truly mean religion by that question, are we right to say that they imply atheists are unworthy of marrying, since they believe no in God? Or should we interpret God to mean a moral order in the context, in which case what comes readily to mind is the character, integrity, etc. of the person in question?
Re: The Interpretation Of God In Fear Of God. by Nobody: 5:51pm On May 14, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Is Beauty An Important Criterion In Finding A Spouse? / Get Your Ex Back In One Month / Going Through A BREAKUP? Ladies?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.