Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,540 members, 7,812,678 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:25 PM

12 REASONS SOME MEN ARE SINGLE - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 12 REASONS SOME MEN ARE SINGLE (2019 Views)

These Are The Reasons Some Guys Don't Have Girlfriends / 10 Reasons Some Working Class Ladies Still Have Sex For Money / Things To Do On Valentine's Day If You Are Single. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

12 REASONS SOME MEN ARE SINGLE by Nobody: 7:00pm On May 14, 2015
1. You’re too soft

Yeah you have a good job, yeah you’re a good-looking guy, and yeah you open doors and all that sweet stuff. That’s great, and I applaud you for all those things. But at the end of the day, no woman wants a punk, and if you have not learned to balance cherishing your woman as well as putting her in check when she disrespects you, then you will continue to be a lonely punk…I’m just trying to help.

2. You lack ambition

So men seem to think that because they are the good guys, this means that mediocrity in other aspects of their lives should be accepted. Don’t get me wrong, some women have ridiculous (at least in my eyes) expectations, but some of you “good men” don’t expect enough out of yourselves. It doesn’t matter what your line of work is, show the drive to do better and be better and you will quickly attract more women.

3. You’re easily intimidated

Just because she has a lot going on for herself and portrays the “independent woman syndrome” (I will save the elaboration for another post) does not mean you need to feel insecure and start trying to prove yourself in ways that end up coming off as lame and annoying. Also, a lot of “good men” feel challenged by a woman who can do for herself and they back away at any sight of assertiveness on her end. MAN UP! If you know you’re a good man then just be you and she will figure it out. Assert yourself and watch how well that works.

4. You lack confidence

This goes with #3. A lot of guys that are “good men” do not have the confidence it takes to keep a woman. Women love confidence, and if you don’t have it then don’t expect to have her. That confidence actually plays into #1 & #2 on this list as well. You can’t blame women for not believing in you when you can’t believe in yourself. Get it together man!

5. You have no personality

Your good job can buy you a lot of things, but it can’t buy you a good relationship. You will have some women who can tolerate you, but you won’t be able to keep her if you have not developed skills like: good conversation, making her laugh, and (not that I’m promoting this but…) good sex. Your nice guy, good job, blah blah blah can only take you so far. Become more well rounded and you will become more desirable and be able to keep the women that your money may attract.

6. You’re just not that attractive

I am not trying to be mean, but let’s be honest. Many “good guys” just aren’t always the best looking. There is hope though. If you can conquer the other 5 things on this list, and do a good job a grooming yourself, getting in shape, and having some style, you will easily become so much more attractive. Women are turned on by many non-physical attributes so take advantage of what you can control and you will no longer have to deal with this issue.

7. He is Gay

Now let me clear something up. In no way do I want you to jump to the conclusion that anytime you see a single “good man” that means he is gay. This is not at all the case, but that does not mean this isn’t one of the reasons a lot of “good men” are not available for women. I want to give honest reasons, but please don’t go around to every single “good man” saying, “oh, so you must be gay,” lol, that’s not cool ladies.

8. He is not secure financially

Despite what kind of financial status he may portray, a “good man” may not always be as financially set as he would like. A real man who loves his woman wants to be able to provide for her. It does not mean he has to be able to shower her with gifts but he wants to be able to take care of the essentials and a little more. So, if he isn’t comfortable with his finances, he may hold back on entering a relationship. We can discuss whether he should or shouldn’t think this way, but the fact remains it does happen a lot.

9. Sexually, he sucks!

I don’t mean that literally, because if he did the right kind of licking and sucking he may be able to overcome some of his sexual deficiencies. I mean the man has no clue on how to sexually and intimately handle a woman. Some women actually allow themselves to suffer through this because he is a “good man”. You may be able to get by on low sexual skills in some cases, but not knowing how to pleasure a woman decreases your ability to keep a woman. Whether it’s right or wrong, sex can be a huge factor in “good men” being single, and not to mention “bad men” having women they don’t deserve.

10. He has been hurt

As many women as there are that carry around emotional baggage from their past, there are many men who do the same. That “good man” may be having a hard time getting out of his own way and conquering his fear of being vulnerable in a relationship. Though I do believe many men simply use this reason as a cop-out and a way to deflect the real reasons. I still feel there are many it does apply to.

11. He wants more than one woman

The simple fact is, a lot of “good men” know their value. They understand they are a hot commodity and they have no intention of not taking full advantage of this. They don’t want to be in a relationship, they want to be with a variety of women and just have “fun”. He may be a good guy but he just isn’t ready or receptive to a commitment right now. Many men feel the need to play the field before they settle down. Being viewed as a “good man” makes it easier to have options and do what they like.

12. He hasn’t found the right one

Unlike a lot of women, most men are not as pressed to find a significant other. We are much more willing to take our time but the desire to have sex usually pushes many men into relationships much sooner than they really care to be in one. A guy knows he has a lot of options, and is less willing to possibly sign his life away with the wrong girl. Women tend to be ready to jump on any guy with a great resume and think here is her chance to finally settle down. Good girl doesn’t equal the right girl and vice versa. I think this is a smart way to approach things, but when you get with a “good person” that is the wrong one for you, you risk turning them, and yourself, into a “bad person” for everybody else.

I’m sure there are some reasons that we could swap in and out, but I am confident this list sheds some light on the topic. Main thing to take away from this is be honest with yourself and others as to what your issues are. Blaming others does nothing to help you control and correct the things you can, which is yourself. Many people want to be in a relationship, but if you aren’t right with yourself, it will be very hard to be right for anyone else.

https://www.stephanspeaks.com/top-12-reasons-good-men-are-single/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 REASONS SOME MEN ARE SINGLE by TRADELYN: 7:04pm On May 14, 2015
undecided
So, what makes them good men if they are quilty as charged?

KiV..

1 Like

Re: 12 REASONS SOME MEN ARE SINGLE by bangele: 7:05pm On May 14, 2015
Who told you thiiiiiiiiis??
Re: 12 REASONS SOME MEN ARE SINGLE by richidinho(m): 7:06pm On May 14, 2015
BOOKED
Re: 12 REASONS SOME MEN ARE SINGLE by Pinkiedearie(f): 7:06pm On May 14, 2015
This writeup has k-leg....
Re: 12 REASONS SOME MEN ARE SINGLE by Dujardin(m): 7:08pm On May 14, 2015
With all due respect to ur write-up, I still find it hard to believe that you have the good samaritan intention because, your articles has more of abusive intonation than required. Anyways, it's noted!
Re: 12 REASONS SOME MEN ARE SINGLE by Nobody: 7:08pm On May 14, 2015
coming back
Re: 12 REASONS SOME MEN ARE SINGLE by Dannidom(m): 7:09pm On May 14, 2015
I doubt if any man exhibit all those attributes you mentioned and is still alive to tell the story lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: 12 REASONS SOME MEN ARE SINGLE by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 14, 2015
Hey op,out of this long epistle you typed,only 40% of it can be accepted. The rest are big,fat,black lies. Ya dig?[b]
Re: 12 REASONS SOME MEN ARE SINGLE by generaluthman: 7:15pm On May 14, 2015
Not all are
Re: 12 REASONS SOME MEN ARE SINGLE by natas22: 7:15pm On May 14, 2015
Sometimes i don't understand women, have you considered that there are men that don't sleep with women and they are still not gay. it's more spiritual than physical it shows you have NO clue about men.

www.
Re: 12 REASONS SOME MEN ARE SINGLE by natas22: 7:16pm On May 14, 2015
KiidaACE:
Hey op,out of this long epistle you typed,only 40% of it can be accepted.
The rest are big,fat,black lies.
Ya dig?[b]

True talk bro!!!!
Re: 12 REASONS SOME MEN ARE SINGLE by Nobody: 7:33pm On May 14, 2015
why the anger ? if they don't apply to you, ok. these are just meant to help y'all be honest with yourselves and make changes where necessary. i understand your reaction tho. the truth hurts, huh ? tongue

KiidaACE:
Hey op,out of this long epistle you typed,only 40% of it can be accepted.
The rest are big,fat,black lies.
Ya dig?[b]
Re: 12 REASONS SOME MEN ARE SINGLE by AdeniyiA(m): 7:38pm On May 14, 2015
crap shīt undecided
Re: 12 REASONS SOME MEN ARE SINGLE by jplay(m): 7:42pm On May 14, 2015
Great post. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Re: 12 REASONS SOME MEN ARE SINGLE by Nobody: 7:42pm On May 14, 2015
Smh..
This article is more of an insult than the actual "reasons"..

it's lacking every atom of truth.. Baseless and tyrannical. ..

Get your facts right before posting such... .

EricRichie
Re: 12 REASONS SOME MEN ARE SINGLE by dharay99: 7:46pm On May 14, 2015
lipsrsealed cry

1 Like

Re: 12 REASONS SOME MEN ARE SINGLE by Nobody: 7:57pm On May 14, 2015
Good guyz re single because most ladies prefer fake and deceptive things displayed by d bad guyz....Good guyz re alwayz real with all dia faults being displayed 4real

1 Like

Re: 12 REASONS SOME MEN ARE SINGLE by MsBliss(f): 8:07pm On May 14, 2015
Good guys are single because they don't have the money for outrageous marriage rites in other words bride price #fact
Re: 12 REASONS SOME MEN ARE SINGLE by Nobody: 8:27pm On May 14, 2015
aflyingbird:
why the anger ? if they don't apply to you, ok. these are just meant to help y'all be honest with yourselves and make changes where necessary. i understand your reaction tho. the truth hurts, huh ? tongue

what's wrong with this one? undecided
help who??.i ain't angry hun,jst told you the truth....
I understand you want a bad guy as a hubby,since good guys possess the qualities you listed above.which shows you don't know shii about what you typed..like i said,some are true, but the rest aren't.
Get your facts right...
And yeah,the truth hurts but lies don't ,do they? Well ion think so

1 Like

Re: 12 REASONS SOME MEN ARE SINGLE by Nobody: 8:29pm On May 14, 2015
Please get yourself a cold glass of water to drink and calm down. Thank me later.

By the way, this article was written and titled by a black man. Link included.

KiidaACE:
what's wrong with this one? undecided
help who??.i ain't angry hun,jst told you the truth....
I understand you want a bad guy as a hubby,since good guys possess the qualities you listed above.which shows you don't know shii about what you typed..like i said,some are true, but the rest aren't.
Get your facts right...
And yeah,the truth hurts but lies don't ,do they? Well ion think so
Re: 12 REASONS SOME MEN ARE SINGLE by Nobody: 8:36pm On May 14, 2015
aflyingbird:
Please get yourself a cold glass of water and calm down. Thank me later.

i will ... wink .
Don't you worry.
Burn out
Re: 12 REASONS SOME MEN ARE SINGLE by LaurelP(m): 8:39pm On May 14, 2015
Another list
Re: 12 REASONS SOME MEN ARE SINGLE by AdeniyiA(m): 8:57pm On May 14, 2015
so only bad men get married? if so why do dey give birth to good men?
Re: 12 REASONS SOME MEN ARE SINGLE by jnrbayano(m): 4:37pm On May 29, 2015
Super thread!

1 Like

Re: 12 REASONS SOME MEN ARE SINGLE by Rapsodee(m): 4:40pm On May 29, 2015
Nice thread!

1 Like

Re: 12 REASONS SOME MEN ARE SINGLE by Nobody: 5:22pm On May 29, 2015
jnrbayano, thanks.

now this is a man kiss , unlike some of the men boys in here who're so angry at an innocent post meant to help them out

jnrbayano:
Super thread!
Re: 12 REASONS SOME MEN ARE SINGLE by Nobody: 5:23pm On May 29, 2015
thanks Rapsodee! smiley

Rapsodee:
Nice thread!
Re: 12 REASONS SOME MEN ARE SINGLE by yorubaboiy: 5:25pm On May 29, 2015
dharay99:
lipsrsealed cry
ole ni e sha
Re: 12 REASONS SOME MEN ARE SINGLE by Emptybrain(m): 5:33pm On May 29, 2015
Pinkiedearie:
This writeup has k-leg....
What i am seeing in bowleg
Re: 12 REASONS SOME MEN ARE SINGLE by Dhavids(m): 5:52pm On May 29, 2015

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Girls Fool Guys / Guys Help Carry This Boobs.. picture / What Could It Mean When A Random Person Walks Up To You And Says Jesus Loves You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.