Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,469 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:07 AM

Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA (26802 Views)

Massive Sack At Zenith Bank Plc Over The Weekend. / What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by equlibrium(m): 11:15pm On May 14, 2015
eyoiba:

I dint know much about Zenith but 90% sure tha UBA, will absorb you after the 1 year contrct. Find out if the same is obtainable at Zenith.
no zenith will not.
@op this answers my absorption question. Zenith will not absorb you oh. Be well advised

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by Bontia(m): 11:15pm On May 14, 2015
Both are one but two sides of a coin.
Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by Nobody: 11:17pm On May 14, 2015
UBA means useless bank for Africa while ZENITH means the peak, the top or the climax, i will adivice you to chose Zenith if you which to get to the peak
Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by equlibrium(m): 11:18pm On May 14, 2015
grandstar:
Go for Zenith Bank. It has a better brand name than UBA to me.

It will look good on your CV in future
hahahaha...
obviously you are not a banker. Look better on your cv?
Hahahahaha.... uba is a more professional place to learn banking than zenith. Unless ofcos you are looking for marketers

8 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by Smartresult(f): 11:20pm On May 14, 2015
CountDracula:

Itunmo?
ARNE
Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by jogojogo: 11:22pm On May 14, 2015
Either you pray and trust God to direct you or you choose UBA outrightly.

The recent contract staff in UBA were almost disengaged at the end of their contract but by the intervention of some senior personnel in UBA, they were converted to permanent staff. For UBA, you have a chance of conversion but Zenith is strict with their terms of agreement. Also for UBA, you certainly would learn more. In all, trust God for direction because he knows the future. As a man, I would suggest you go to UBA.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by bankai2015(f): 11:22pm On May 14, 2015
cigie:
I could use your advice…

I have recently finished medicals with Zenith bank and UBA, and I am pretty sure to land both jobs. Both are contract jobs; however Zenith is offering a two year contract while UBA is one year. The salary difference is not much, so that is not a deciding factor for me, at least not at this entry stage…but I would love to know the pay at confirmation. I’m more concerned about career advancement and job security now.

I would appreciate your inputs as to which offer is best. Kindly state the reason(s) behind your suggestions. I would really love to hear from bankers.

Thanks.

I don get alert, na Godwin!!

I finish school, na Godwin!

I don see job, na Godwin!

I don see mumu, na Godwin ohh na Godwin!

Any foolish action you take, na Godwin!
Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by charlesucheh(m): 11:22pm On May 14, 2015
Kowing his pocket rate will help me make a choice. If he's the U KNW SAY MONEY NO BE PROBLEM type, then i'll recommend ZENITH. But if he's the I DONT LIKE WASTAGE type, then UBA with indiscriminate act of ten ten naira deduction for ingenuine reasons is your portion.
Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by georjay(m): 11:23pm On May 14, 2015
umarc19:

Did u even read the topic, talkless of the contents?

SMH.

embarassed
. Am sorry....I never meant to hurt you...accept my sympathy abeg!
Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by okooloyun1(m): 11:24pm On May 14, 2015
alobam1:
Don't accept any of them..Please kindly apply to agbeni ogunpa community bank..That is berra than both grin grin
Babaloja of Ogunpa hw market?
Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by Jeanfortune(f): 11:25pm On May 14, 2015
Taylor86:
u just finished medicals and too sure of getting both jobs!!!

hmmm u sound so confident like ur dad is a native doctor(no vex ooo)

anyway i see nothing complicating there if u know ur comfortable now and hv ur basic needs then u can proceed with ur career

but if the reverse is the case youngman get d job and get a life first

FYI am not a banker but all d money my father dey find for briefcase na me dey keep them well foram
badt guy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by Olutola88(m): 11:25pm On May 14, 2015
equlibrium:
Do not I repeat do not go for zenith.
its a life contract job, you will quickly see that there is staff and there is others, thats you. I dont know the uba situation I admit, but I know the zenith one, and its not nice. Its better than nothing, but you have uba which isnt nothing. If your fear is the contract lenght, the both always renew it, in uba they might/should convert you to full regular staff at the end of it, in zenith they never will, you will always be different, you will always be contract. But then again experience is the best teacher.
Bro, there's somtn very untrue about an aspect of your post
Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by jogojogo: 11:26pm On May 14, 2015
I am a Banker, UBA is a bigger brand than Zenith and honestly you would learn a lot working in UBA than working in Zenith Bank. I am talking in case of contract engagement.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by georjay(m): 11:28pm On May 14, 2015
sparkleRed:
Pple tho if u don't ve an idea, jejely leave dan post nonsense mtchewww

Like d poster below
. See peson wey dey castigate...lyk say u sef get idea.....ala*****
Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by grandstar(m): 11:28pm On May 14, 2015
equlibrium:

hahahaha...
obviously you are not a banker. Look better on your cv?
Hahahahaha.... uba is a more professional place to learn banking than zenith. Unless ofcos you are looking for marketers

Thanks for the info. Never knew that.
Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by thefakestan: 11:28pm On May 14, 2015
Don't go close to UBA they are lousy! Spent 2 hours on a queue
Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by stanisbaratheon: 11:30pm On May 14, 2015
thefakestan:

is this your own contribution??

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by thefakestan: 11:31pm On May 14, 2015
stanisbaratheon:

is this your own contribution??
No its ma attribution, does it look like i'm trying to make FP?

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by Nobody: 11:34pm On May 14, 2015
Jeanfortune:

badt guy

good chick
Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by umarc19: 11:38pm On May 14, 2015
georjay:
. Am sorry....I never meant to hurt you...accept my sympathy abeg!

Am not hurt at all, 'tis just that........never mind.
Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by zeusaqua: 11:43pm On May 14, 2015
in human opinion and as a staff of one of the mention bank i will advice you to choose Zenith....Not because of the duration nor de likely reason of bin converted. the truth is; in both banks u may nt bi likely converted. we that ae in de bankin sector we ae tired n lookin for somtin beta. as a mata of facts all banks ar movin into de contract stuff. infact almst al organisation in Nigeria ae drivin towards dat. but Zenith is a lead n de workin environment is beta compare to uba. al said and done; commit dis matA in 2 Gods hand n seek His direction bcus he knws de end frm de beginning.
Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by okooloyun1(m): 11:53pm On May 14, 2015
thefakestan:

No its ma attribution, does it look like i'm trying to make FP?
Your reply is so funny
Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by toocoded: 11:56pm On May 14, 2015
eyoiba:

I dint know much about Zenith but 90% sure tha UBA, will absorb you after the 1 year contrct. Find out if the same is obtainable at Zenith.
Did you say absorb? Without going to training school? OK oooo!
Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by Nobody: 11:56pm On May 14, 2015
@OP

The bitter truth is that neither of prospecting job opportunities qualifies to be ascribe the revered term " work " . Therefore , I will advise you to go for the one that offered you better pay margin . Meanwhile , here in nairaland , you cannot find bankers , rather at most you will see bank workers .

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by allanphash7(m): 12:10am On May 15, 2015
Go for UBA

I work with zenithbank

PM me if u wanna knw why

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by STEVENcrack(m): 12:19am On May 15, 2015
ADVICE FROM A BANKER..the only bank that converts iis GTBANK and they are d best becos they keep icreasing their contract staff salary from 68k to 80k then 90k b4 converting automatically..I once worked with dem BUT d remaining banks do not convert but would always renew ur contract..they can never ask u to go unleSs on an integrity issues or not carrying out due diligence.

SO my brother the factors to consider are as follows.
1) Go for the one that pays more and be ready to save d money and start a business then reign or else one day d job wud resign u.
2) The bank that is closer to where u live..banking job is streSsful, don't add lagos traffic to it.whish wud make u wake up 4am and reach home 10pm
3) Closing time..some bank close 4pm while some 5pm..GTbank closes 5pm
4) How busy d bank is.. don't go to a very busy bank..becos d crowd wud give u job dissatisfaction.
5) Saturday banking..some banks allows their workers to come on saturdy.
Apply this ideas b4 u choose, NOTE: the first and second point is very important..thank me latter..and remember my brother, u are not a BANKER but a BANK WORKER

8 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by InvertedHammer: 12:19am On May 15, 2015
cigie:
I could use your advice…

I have recently finished medicals with Zenith bank and UBA, and I am pretty sure to land both jobs. Both are contract jobs; however Zenith is offering a two year contract while UBA is one year. The salary difference is not much, so that is not a deciding factor for me, at least not at this entry stage…but I would love to know the pay at confirmation. I’m more concerned about career advancement and job security now.

I would appreciate your inputs as to which offer is best. Kindly state the reason(s) behind your suggestions. I would really love to hear from bankers.

Thanks.
/
Is the contract renewable after the initial term?
Did the bank renew the contract of the ones before you?
How often does the bank lay off their contract staff?
Length of contract: 2 yrs vs. 1yr.
Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years.
\

#The answers to these questions will help you make a better choice.
Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by equlibrium(m): 12:29am On May 15, 2015
Olutola88:
Bro, there's somtn very untrue about an aspect of your post
which part is that?
Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by equlibrium(m): 12:31am On May 15, 2015
thefakestan:
he is talking as a staff not customer

4 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by equlibrium(m): 12:33am On May 15, 2015
Empero1:
@OP

The bitter truth is that neither of prospecting job opportunities qualifies to be ascribe the revered term " work " . Therefore , I will advise you to go for the one that offered you better pay margin . Meanwhile , here in nairaland , you cannot find bankers , rather at most you will see bank workers .
hahahaha...
wtf do you mean by bank workers as against bankers?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners / Customer Service Agents Might Go Hungry In The Nearest Future / MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.