Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,014 members, 7,817,987 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA (26842 Views)

Massive Sack At Zenith Bank Plc Over The Weekend. / What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by cigie(m): 9:48am On May 15, 2015
jogojogo:
Either you pray and trust God to direct you or you choose UBA outrightly.

The recent contract staff in UBA were almost disengaged at the end of their contract but by the intervention of some senior personnel in UBA, they were converted to permanent staff. For UBA, you have a chance of conversion but Zenith is strict with their terms of agreement. Also for UBA, you certainly would learn more. In all, trust God for direction because he knows the future. As a man, I would suggest you go to UBA.

Thanks for commenting

I wonder why the recent contract staffs were almost disengaged
Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by cigie(m): 9:56am On May 15, 2015
zeusaqua:
in human opinion and as a staff of one of the mention bank i will advice you to choose Zenith....Not because of the duration nor de likely reason of bin converted. the truth is; in both banks u may nt bi likely converted. we that ae in de bankin sector we ae tired n lookin for somtin beta. as a mata of facts all banks ar movin into de contract stuff. infact almst al organisation in Nigeria ae drivin towards dat. but Zenith is a lead n de workin environment is beta compare to uba. al said and done; commit dis matA in 2 Gods hand n seek His direction bcus he knws de end frm de beginning.

Thank you very much

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by InMyOpinion(m): 9:56am On May 15, 2015
[size=13pt]I think UBA is a more stable place in terms of job security - especially if you are not a very pretty girl (in which case Zenith would've been perfect)

Aww..that's reminds me of Lupey..where art thou dear Lupey?/ wink[/size]

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by Swaggzkid: 9:58am On May 15, 2015
WHY CAN'T SOME PEOPLE PRETEND TO HAVE COMMON SENSE?

OP DHEY TALK ABOUT UBA AND ZENITH BANK. PERSIN DHEY MENTION CBN AND OTHER RUBBISH SMH
Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by cigie(m): 9:59am On May 15, 2015
Empero1:
@OP

The bitter truth is that neither of prospecting job opportunities qualifies to be ascribe the revered term " work " . Therefore , I will advise you to go for the one that offered you better pay margin . Meanwhile , here in nairaland , you cannot find bankers , rather at most you will see bank workers .

Thanks a lot
Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by cigie(m): 10:00am On May 15, 2015
allanphash7:
Go for UBA

I work with zenithbank

PM me if u wanna knw why
You have mail
Thanks
Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by cigie(m): 10:04am On May 15, 2015
STEVENcrack:
ADVICE FROM A BANKER..the only bank that converts iis GTBANK and they are d best becos they keep icreasing their contract staff salary from 68k to 80k then 90k b4 converting automatically..I once worked with dem BUT d remaining banks do not convert but would always renew ur contract..they can never ask u to go unleSs on an integrity issues or not carrying out due diligence.

SO my brother the factors to consider are as follows.
1) Go for the one that pays more and be ready to save d money and start a business then reign or else one day d job wud resign u.
2) The bank that is closer to where u live..banking job is streSsful, don't add lagos traffic to it.whish wud make u wake up 4am and reach home 10pm
3) Closing time..some bank close 4pm while some 5pm..GTbank closes 5pm
4) How busy d bank is.. don't go to a very busy bank..becos d crowd wud give u job dissatisfaction.
5) Saturday banking..some banks allows their workers to come on saturdy.
Apply this ideas b4 u choose, NOTE: the first and second point is very important..thank me latter..and remember my brother, u are not a BANKER but a BANK WORKER

Thank you very much
Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by cigie(m): 10:10am On May 15, 2015
digitsolution:
My brother go for UBA, zenith is all about packaging their pay isn't fabulous, and trust me as a contract staff no promotion or confirmation. Secondly if your HR for zenith is peopleplus my brother run for your life man

Thanks
Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by cigie(m): 10:14am On May 15, 2015
Tinyemeka:

I beg to differ.

There are banks with job security almost similar to Federal civil service and they are ZB and FBN.

It takes a lot (integrity issues and maybe gross incompetence) to get sacked at ZB. I've heard of several layoffs at UBA but none at ZB within the same period.

The time ZB did mass sacking was when they dropped IT staff at branches.

@OP, one cannot compare the security of working at ZB with UBA. ZB is far better. However, I don't know why they introduced this contract thing. It's just so unlike ZB. If they told you conversion after 2 yrs and you feel you are ok with that sal, then take it. ZB staff tend to have a better bargaining power when they wish to move to another bank.

Thanks a lot
Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by just4wilson(m): 10:20am On May 15, 2015
ZENITH
Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by DzTzl(f): 10:59am On May 15, 2015
cigie:
I could use your advice…

I have recently finished medicals with Zenith bank and UBA, and I am pretty sure to land both jobs. Both are contract jobs; however Zenith is offering a two year contract while UBA is one year. The salary difference is not much, so that is not a deciding factor for me, at least not at this entry stage…but I would love to know the pay at confirmation. I’m more concerned about career advancement and job security now.

I would appreciate your inputs as to which offer is best. Kindly state the reason(s) behind your suggestions. I would really love to hear from bankers.

Thanks.
IMO, ill rather u go for UBA, Zenith is mostly operations (teller) to be precise, but for UBA u have d opportunity to be absorbed in other dept IT, Customer Service, Treasury etc, all the best!!! Oh & yes, the contract continues even after 2years, there is a thread smwhr here abt Zenith bank contract staff, u cn search for it to aid ur decision.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by cigie(m): 11:12am On May 15, 2015
Thanks guys for ALL your insightful comments. Trust me, i appreciate every single one of them.

God bless
Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by ogeoflyf(f): 12:11pm On May 15, 2015
write2obi:
Half bread is better than non, take the two years offer , be hard working, have a positive attitude and save every kobo that comes your way, if at the end of your say they give you a permanent contract good but if not invest your savings wisely. Good luck.

*See how unfair this country can be, some have submitted more than 1000 cvs, yet no one has called them, while someone else has the option to choose from two reputable banks in the country*

What is unfair, pls I don't understand undecided. Did u stop to think if, he was part of the pple who submitted "1000" cv's too. undecided undecided
Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by ogeoflyf(f): 12:13pm On May 15, 2015
Taylor86:

hahahahahahahahahahaha

na so my man

somebody wey him own don better go just come post nonsense and watch us comment while he's busy sipping his small stout

SMH undecided. The way people fly into conclusion tho undecided
Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by write2obi(m): 12:45pm On May 15, 2015
ogeoflyf:

What is unfair, pls I don't understand undecided. Did u stop to think if, he was part of the pple who submitted "1000" cv's too. undecided undecided
I did he could have gotten 1 offer while the other one goes to someone else smiley

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by Tex42(m): 1:45pm On May 15, 2015
Smartresult:
go for the zeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenith, UBA is a crap
seconded.
Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by Tex42(m): 1:51pm On May 15, 2015
write2obi:
Half bread is better than non, take the two years offer , be hard working, have a positive attitude and save every kobo that comes your way, if at the end of your say they give you a permanent contract good but if not invest your savings wisely. Good luck.

*See how unfair this country can be, some have submitted more than 1000 cvs, yet no one has called them, while someone else has the option to choose from two reputable banks in the country*
sometimes it's luck, all you need is grace.
Hard work will give you an edge too.
Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by juanmiguel: 3:24pm On May 15, 2015
cigie:

I get your point...but i have also received guarantor forms from both banks. so you would agree with me that there's a good chance to eventually get both jobs. hence i think weighing my options is in order.

thanks
my dear oo its not by receiving guarantors form ooo, jst Hope on God that everything will work out fine. Its been 10 months since my friend graduated from the UBA academy and he is still yet to be posted. He even signed his guarantors forms since August last year. It feels bad to know that your classmates in TS are already 10 months into the system and have even been confirmed while you are still yet to be posted.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by sneak3(m): 4:48pm On May 15, 2015
And one of the poster said zenith looks better on ur cv than UBA, ur awareness level is below low..

3 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by ogeoflyf(f): 8:47pm On May 15, 2015
write2obi:

I did he could have gotten 1 offer while the other one goes to someone else smiley

Okay, I didn't knw that banks or coy. Now inform each other of who n which pple they have interviewed and offered jobs. cheesy
Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by write2obi(m): 9:20pm On May 15, 2015
ogeoflyf:

Okay, I didn't knw that banks or coy. Now inform each other of who n which pple they have interviewed and offered jobs. cheesy
Lemmie alone grin
Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by Tinyemeka(m): 9:33pm On May 15, 2015
iGeneral:
I will be brutally candid with you. If your idea of working is build a career in banking, I will say you haven't found a job yet even as you claim to have two. I don't know of UBA but Zenith will most likely recruit you as a "Transaction Officer" with 80k monthly salary with no other allowances. As a transaction officer, you are stuck on that level until your contract will expire. If the bank still needs your services, they will renew the contract on same terms and you start the cycle again. This job is basically a sustenance or subsistent job. It absolutely holds out no career progression prospect.. If you do take it, start immediately looking for how to move to the next bank that will offer you a professional and not a contract offer. NOTE: Zenith doesn't have a practice of converting contract staff to professional staff even if you are as qualified as Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. All the best.

When was the TO level introduced?

And you want to swear that bankwide no TO staff has been converted since the inception of that level?

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by allanphash7(m): 9:57pm On May 15, 2015
Am yet to get it call me on 08180181237
cigie:

You have mail

Thanks
Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by ogeoflyf(f): 10:33pm On May 15, 2015
write2obi:

Lemmie alone grin

Never angry undecided
Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by sweetespickles: 1:12pm On May 18, 2015
ogeoflyf:

SMH undecided. The way people fly into conclusion tho undecided
found u at last, the ogeoflyf. I sent u a pm pls respond to it. tnkx
Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by ogeoflyf(f): 1:25pm On May 18, 2015
sweetespickles:

Hmmm undecided
Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by ogeoflyf(f): 3:52pm On May 18, 2015
sweetespickles:

You are pursuing man abi. Pls get a life
Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by MekT(m): 5:25pm On Jun 23, 2015
cigie:

Thanks
For real...Chai which kind one chance I dey always enter like this from SOL to Peopleplus...Wats deir pay like abeg??
Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by MekT(m): 7:32am On Jun 25, 2015
highlygbaski:
Zenith receives application through peopleplus every day! U wanna know y, cos fortunate and smart ones resign on a daily basis. I can confidently tell you as a former zenith contract staff dat zenith is not d best place to stay. Ur pay is 75k and nothing else! I mean nothing else! U will be offered renewal letter after 2 yrs and if you think it will look good on ur cv...don't dull..it's a lie. I was told in diamond bank dat my experience in zenith isn't a banking expexperience. Thank God I was able to escape d slavery even b4 renewal. Contract job in the banking sector is rubbish pls.
I'm sorry I don't know much about Uba...But I'm sure dey are beta if you are converte. ZENITH ET pay is among d lowest in d industry and u can spend up to 4 /5 yrs in dat level.

Pray for God's guidance sha...Tho I pray u get anoda job opportunity entirely different from those 2

Did u say 75k is the lowest paying contract job....ma niggi SOL under Sterling bank pays 40k...

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by MekT(m): 7:45am On Jun 25, 2015
HouseT:
Guy....this is how young graduates do it at zenith...get that name in your cv (zenith )and move on after 2-3 years better company will be looking for your professionalism...learn to work for experience and brand..remember where you start your career matters...better still save enough from there and move for your master abroad after working with zenith fir 2years ..by the time you are coming back to work with any blue coy ...you don hammmmaaa...gud luck.

U wan do the contract job foreva...work for 1yr or thereabout n find ur way....
Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by Tobytboy123: 9:32am On Jan 27, 2018
@Cigie please I would like to ask you somethings, since I presume u should be a UBA Bank staff at the moment. Please I look forward to a feedback from you at your earliest convenience. Thanks
Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA by cigie(m): 1:12pm On Jan 27, 2018
Tobytboy123:
@Cigie please I would like to ask you somethings, since I presume u should be a UBA Bank staff at the moment. Please I look forward to a feedback from you at your earliest convenience. Thanks

I have replied to your email. You can email me now

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Customer Service Agents Might Go Hungry In The Nearest Future / MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff / Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.