Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,035 members, 7,810,839 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:42 PM

Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa (37191 Views)

Presidency Orders Payment Of FG Workers’ Salaries / Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above / Presidency Orders Withdrawal Of Security Personnel From Politicians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by Abayhormy(m): 8:08am On May 15, 2015
dearpreye:

It's shocking. He got carried away with the phantom ONE NIGERIA project.

Now he knows better.

Is it also ONE NIGERIA project that made him not to compensate or properly manage the grieve of the families that lost healthy, vibrant young ones in the failed Nigeria Immigration recruitment exercise till late hour(2 weeks election postponement period), a year after the incedence ?

Stop reasoning things from tribal angle alone. It's not tribal at all, GEJ is generally a slow personality who does not have the quality of proactiveness which anybody that wants to be a leader should have.
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by ibnjarir93(m): 8:08am On May 15, 2015
It surprises me that many failed to notice the nepotism in this decision.

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by WOCKHARDI(m): 8:09am On May 15, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
dewstar:
I guess he has just realised the ONE NIGERIA he was trying to promote by pleasing only the North was just a farce after all.
I think he has realized his miscalculation. Let us see how the incoming administration handles this.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by owobokiri(m): 8:10am On May 15, 2015
Jonathan should have learnt from Ironsis generational blunders. Honestly, I can't believe that a president from the east will make the same mistakes Ironsi made after witnessing the monumental consequences. Politically, the former eastern Nigeria is what it is today not necessarily because of Nzeogwus putsh, but because of Ironsis gross mismanagement of the aftermath.. , bending backwards just to accommodate a group that are politically insatiable and can only be happy when they are incharge.
dearpreye:

It's shocking. He got carried away with the phantom ONE NIGERIA project.

Now he knows better.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by Nobody: 8:13am On May 15, 2015
Medicine After Death!!!!!
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by Excuzeme: 8:14am On May 15, 2015
chekasforchekas:
GEJ the politician OAF!
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by segend(m): 8:15am On May 15, 2015
I think GEJ did most of his projects outside SE and SS because he expects them to vote for him. Doing the projects in other zones is to win their support. That's where I think he got his campaign wrong, most people aren't aware of most of these projects. Instead of making noise with what you did, you were busy attacking your opponents, making it look like you did nothing, and the online campaigners didn't help matters, I know more about GEj's accomplishment and projects than them.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by klax(m): 8:16am On May 15, 2015
A bit funny it sound strange. But he should have done this a little while ago. I guess Gej is missing something or need help in certain areas of his life because just of a sudden Gej started given order on this order on that where was all these order since, Gej Had it be Gej has be acting this way possibly things would have be a bit better than what we have now.

Anyway I wish him the best and if that will create job for his people it's ok, honestly I'm short of words

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by jomoh: 8:16am On May 15, 2015
tpiadotcom:
isn't that the same thing they did with nnpc or some other oil related parastatal.

but, if it creates jobs for the militants, cool.

Who says those militants are ready to work? They are bunch of lazy criminals who's only interest is scooping the oil and selling it. Just because it is located in their backyard.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by SOUNDKING: 8:16am On May 15, 2015
dearpreye:

Bro! It's really sad. He has a poor uunderstanding of the corrupt nature of the ONE NIGERIA project. Those two words carried him away for too long.
your comment murdered every other post in this thread,wisdom is from God alone.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by Excuzeme: 8:18am On May 15, 2015
WOCKHARDI:
[color=#006600][/color]
I think he has realized his miscalculation. Let us see how the incoming administration handles this.

I trust that the ever astute Lai Mohammed is taking note of all these nonsense that Jonathan is doing because come May 29th, EVERY SINGLE CRAZY, SELFISH, EEDIOTIC AND SILLY ORDER SIGNED BY JONATHAN NEEDS TO BE REVERSED IMMEDIATELY!

Jonathan wants to plunge this country into chaos but #SaiBuhari must teach him a very big lesson, that Nigeria is bigger than nay clueless #m@ron!

4 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by globalresource: 8:18am On May 15, 2015
Always making wrong decisions...anyway though I like him but dislike his results. 29 is around the corner, it is too late to turn Bayelsa to Dubai
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by Truckpusher(m): 8:20am On May 15, 2015
back2sender:

You are a failure and waste to humanity. somebody failed and you gave him a well done pat.
I am from niger delta and I reject poor performance in totality, failure is not my portion.
And you had to open that your gutter you call mouth to abuse your parents just to make a silly point? undecided

Yes ,he didn't do anything for us but we love him and that is what matters - Now you can go hang yourself by the balls.

Oloriburuku.
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by oloyeadeniyi(m): 8:20am On May 15, 2015
He can also relocate the award of Lagos/Ibadan expressway project to Bayelsa.

6 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by Excuzeme: 8:25am On May 15, 2015
kel4soft:
My friend Preye Aganaba will be delighted with this new development but never late than never. This is to show the GEJ knows exactly what to do, but was deceived by greedy Niger Deltan politicians who cost him his 2nd term. That project was never meant to be in Lagos, but just to buy the south west votes, he foolishly took it there, another hurdle will be taking it back.

Dont fool yourself more than Mama Piss is fooling herself thinking the election for First Lady will take place on May 29Th! grin grin grin

Mark my words, just like that hateful GEJ tried and failed to change the name of Unilag (because he attended one second-rate University in Otuoke!), this Project will remain in Lagos!
GEJ's pronouncements now are no better than that of a ranting Dog!
They would just ignore him till May 29th when he finally and completely cease to be relevant! undecided undecided

If he likes, let him issue decree to relocate national Assembly and Aso Rock to Otuoke! All na "playing to the gallery"! grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by fareed69(m): 8:25am On May 15, 2015
Ogogoro Master
Na now the man just dey wake up from his 6 years hangover
Clueless really fit this man

When Amaechi was saying he was not doing anything for his region we all thought the Guy was an Idiot

Na mow he dey dawn on him

By 29th, we would relocate it back to Takwa Bay

Ewu

4 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by mcquin(m): 8:27am On May 15, 2015
Waste of energy cos I don't really see it taking off in Bayelsa. New administration likely to retain it in Lagos especially with Tinubu's influence.

Jonathan should have thought out a better way to fix ND than jst feed militants; and some clowns were here crying militants should continuously be fed as it is their oil; well oil now inconsequential.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by Excuzeme: 8:28am On May 15, 2015
oloyeadeniyi:
He can also relocate the award of Lagos/Ibadan expressway project to Bayelsa.

He is such a "childish adult"!
You know the manner a "wayward child" will scatter her Pram just because she could not get what she want from Mummy! grin grin

And to imagine that this Jonathan actually had a PhD?

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by simplynola(m): 8:29am On May 15, 2015
Jonathan's congratulatory call to Buhari and his acclaimed meekness are all a farce afterall. He's no different from Burundi's president

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by bigmo1(m): 8:30am On May 15, 2015
mistypiper:
They should move it in the next 13 days and on the 30th we will bring it back to Takwa Bay.

Presidential order ni late hour.

That's the plan, so that in the next four years when buhari is campaigning again, he would be accused of canceling a project that would have benefited the whole Niger-delta people. Jonathan is planting so many landmines for baba.
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by gidjah(m): 8:32am On May 15, 2015
dearpreye:

I don't know what he was thinking all the while!
your people were busy looting the treasury dry while forgetting that development should come home,they see so,so greedy, where is the development in BD with all d money from Nd ministry and oil allocation? ,!they are in private hands now,i served in your bagels and lived there for few years b4 leaving, the level of backwardness in there, is so do Alarming,just give them the money, Let them share,!!

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by Excuzeme: 8:33am On May 15, 2015
simplynola:
Jonathan's congratulatory call to Buhari and his acclaimed meekness are all a farce afterall. He's no different from Burundi's president

I thought we said it that Jonathan is worse than a wolf in Sheeps Clothing!

He is a Sheep in Wolf's clothing!

How l wish l could just "observe and watch" the guy for the next few days and see how "angry and hateful" he spend his days now! shocked shocked

The Guy dey really show say him don really vex and is ready to bite anything in-site, like a rabid dog!

The Worst President Nigeria could ever have and by far the most clueless and useless!

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by kel4soft: 8:35am On May 15, 2015
Excuzeme:

Dont fool yourself more than Mama Piss is fooling herself thinking the election for First Lady will take place on May 29Th! grin grin grin

Mark my words, just like that hateful GEJ tried and failed to change the name of Unilag (because he attended one second-rate University in Otuoke!), this Project will remain in Lagos!
GEJ's pronouncements now are no better than that of a ranting Dog!
They would just ignore him till May 29th when he finally and completely cease to be relevant! undecided undecided

If he likes, let him issue decree to relocate national Assembly and Aso Rock to Otuoke! All na "playing to the gallery"! grin grin

Do you know exactly who you are quoting? Or you just want to comment?
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by gidjah(m): 8:35am On May 15, 2015
dearpreye:

Bro! It's really sad. He has a poor uunderstanding of the corrupt nature of the ONE NIGERIA project. Those two words carried him away for too long.
No Matter!! He allowed P sycophancy to be his guide,Not ONE NIGERIA,was the development even? He allowed weak conscience leaders like hin self access to hid Govt and decision.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by Nobody: 8:36am On May 15, 2015
what of if buhari reverts it back...
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by Excuzeme: 8:37am On May 15, 2015
bigmo1:

That's the plan, so that in the next four years when buhari is campaigning again, he would be accused of canceling a project that would have benefited the whole Niger-delta people. Jonathan is planting so many landmines for baba.
We will simply ask them whether Jonathan was in Govt for SIX years ...... or THIRTEEN DAYS, that he only remembered them on May 15th, 2015! grin grin

BTW: They did not vote for #SaiBaba and he still won and by keeping the project in Lagos, #SaiBaba is already cementing his victory (as per before) in 2019. grin
Go figure!

S.E + S.S = Jonathan (Lose!)

North + S.W = #SaiBaba (Win).

What else? They can bug-off for all l care undecided undecided kiss kiss

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by M4gunners: 8:40am On May 15, 2015
If this is true i don't support it.What is the need for? You can also award new contract now to the Bayelsa area is not too late, but already underway project hmm.
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by Excuzeme: 8:40am On May 15, 2015
kel4soft:

Do you know exactly who you are quoting? Or you just want to comment?

Okay, Frame it and hang on your Living Room Wall, after which......
.........Go and Hug a Real, Live Transformer then come back and tell me l am quoting Jonathan!

Oloshi! tongue

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by Chiaka(f): 8:43am On May 15, 2015
Welcome development I was wondering which way Nigeria when I first heard that it was to be sited in Lagos, meanwhile the oil and gas production is in SS. was wondering why a service centre will be located far away from operational base. This is good news. Now I know change its on its way.......this is the best decision ever

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by antisocial: 8:44am On May 15, 2015
gratiaeo:
•Firm faults directive

CITING presidential order, the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) has directed the management of LADOL Integrated Logistics to relocate its ongoing $500million fabrication and integrated yards project in Takwa Bay within Apapa pilotage area in Lagos State to Aggey, Bayelsa State.

But the company’s management described the directive as “shocking’’ and out of tone with the agreement it entered into with its technical partners and the federal government.

The one paragraph letter was dated April 27, 2015, and signed by NPA’s General Manager (Capital Project), A.R. Mohammed, on behalf of the Managing Director.

It was titled: “Re: Joint Venture Partnership with Samsung Heavy Industries for the USD$500 Million development of fabrication and integration yards for EGINA and Future Projects”.

The letter read: “Please, be informed that Mr President has via PRESS/S9/MT/212 of April 20, 2015 approved that the FPSO (Floating Production Storage & Offloading) project can be located at Agge, Bayelsa State when the facilities to handle such operations are developed. In addition, the project can be conveniently located at any dedicated Oil and Gas Terminal”.

Meanwhile, the President, according to NPA, has approved that henceforth; all oil and gas related cargoes must be handled only at the designated terminals in Onne, Warri and Calabar ports.

The directives signed on behalf of NPA Managing Director by General Manager (M&O), A.A. Goje, said: “In view of this, vessels coming to Nigeria with oil & gas related cargo excluding petroleum products are advised to first go to the appropriate NPA concessioned terminals to be cleared by customs and other relevant authorities, terminal operators, shipping lines among others”.

The directive also advised owners of such vessels to pay necessary dues/charges and obtain releases “before proceeding to locations for final discharge, including those meant for LADOL.

Reacting to the development, yesterday, the Managing Director of LADOL, Dr. Amy Jadesimi said the company was shocked by the development.

She explained that it would send wrong signals to private investors and foreign technical partners, pointing out that a lot of resources have been deployed to put the facilities in place.
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/05/presidency-orders-relocation-of-500m-port-project-to-bayelsa/
Good move brother.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by meccuno: 8:44am On May 15, 2015
luvinhubby:
Considering the horrors of being experienced in bunkering, why locate an oil & gas project in an area that does not produce oil or gas?
Locating it in Lagos initially was just political, relocating it to Bayelsa is more logical & sensible.
seriously...I agree with your submission. I blame GEJ for these miscalculated steps....since the North has decided that we cannot have true federalism,the best thing to do is site projects where they are supposed to be.....imagine kaduna having a refinery and they do not produce a single drop of oil.......we have major ports in Nigeria like onne,calabar and warri ports....but they are not functional to reasons I do not understand......lagos and abuja have gotten a large share of federal assisted projects and I think these development should be spread across.....lagos is being congested......dangote is about to build a new refinery in lagos......that is concentrating too much there....I think another move is to return all head offices of the oil firms back to where they belong....that is the Niger delta.....at least when things are done how they are supposed to be done,I doubt if there would be shouts of marginalisation.......and I heard that the letter to this effect was dated 30th april....so the decision was made before the elections

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by Chiaka(f): 8:47am On May 15, 2015
M4gunners:
If this is true i don't support it.What is the need for? You can also award new contract now to the Bayelsa area is not too late, but already underway project hmm.

Oil production is in Bayelta, Rivers , Warri area etc and service is miles away. The first time I learnt about this project it really got me wondering but its better now, it should be close to base of operation. That's the right thinking thing to do

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos Of Sokoto Residents On The Streets With Brooms, Shovels Over N1m Prize / Governor Bindow Campaigns In Numan LGA Adamawa. 4+4 Is The Slogan / Uber Facts Releases More Details About Tinubu's US Drug Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.