Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,128 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa (37194 Views)

Presidency Orders Payment Of FG Workers’ Salaries / Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above / Presidency Orders Withdrawal Of Security Personnel From Politicians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by omonnakoda: 11:33am On May 15, 2015
victorels:

it means GEJ do not trust the in coming administration to build the one he would have built in Bayelsa should he had won the election, hence, the relocation of the available one.

If it is an important project, a new one should be constructed at takwa bay by the new government, or an understanding should be reached to build the bayelsa version of the project between the two government while allowing the takwa bay project to remain.
Calm down This is not a government project.The government is broke .It has NO MONEY!!! Wake up and smell the akara

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by kel4soft: 11:34am On May 15, 2015
fkaz:

"CITING presidential order, the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) has directed the management of LADOL Integrated Logistics to relocate its ongoing $500million fabrication and integrated yards project in Takwa Bay within Apapa pilotage area in Lagos State
to Aggey, Bayelsa State. But the company’s management described the directive as “shocking’’ and out of tone with the agreement it entered into with its technical partners and the federal government

Did chief & mrs Oladipo jadesime enter any agreement with FG to build the company in bayelsa state?
Who is financing the project?
The company decide where they want to site their project and that is all. If the company refuse to go to bayelsa, jonathan should look for another investor simple, He can't force them.

Please try and investigate who Chief & Mrs Oladipo is? That is all.
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by fkaz(m): 11:34am On May 15, 2015
Ababadada:
Whichever way you look at it the project suppose to be in Bayelsa. Lagos never have a drop of oil, bayelsa has been feeding the nation for over fifty years. Yet you are complaining this one project. If Buhari mistakenly reverse it, we will stiffly resist it.

Who approve the project to be sited in lagos state at first? You think $500million investment is a joke that you can toy with anyhow? If you read the letter carefully, you will see that the president directed that the fabricating & integrating yards should sited in his own state bayelsa while the floating production storage and offloading(FPSO) vessel should be sited in either warri in delta state, calabar in cross river state or onne port in rivers state. If president jonathan is not trying to be mischievous or fooolin himself, why did he not site both the fabricating yard and FPSO in either warri or ph, Since he knows that bayelsa don't have port terminal which is very important.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by omonnakoda: 11:43am On May 15, 2015
The proposed oil field for the FPSO is presumably in the Niger Delta
The yard is suppose to be fabricating the platform that will become the FPSO so at some point the platform has to move to where the oil is that is inevitable the issue is at what point of construction or "assembly". It will be moved by ship into place where it will become operational .It will look something like this

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by omonnakoda: 11:49am On May 15, 2015
What happens on the FPSO it is a place o the sea floating like a ship with facilities to land helicopters,lodging,kitchen restaurant plus the work of extracting oil from the sea bed and storage facilities as well as a terminal for loading to ships

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDWuL-VcuzY

1 Like

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by juman(m): 11:56am On May 15, 2015
Mumu president.

The day is already break, he should wake up.
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by omonnakoda: 11:56am On May 15, 2015
None of the previous ones were even built in Nigeria and the only reason this one is slated for Lagos is the so called local content law. I doubt very much that Lagos will be able to deliver because of manpower issues and other infrastructure challenges . But the investors think otherwise so goodluck to them.I do not see it possibly being constructed in Bayelsa that is just ridiculous. Maybe Port Harcourt or Aba but Bayelsa is just funny. I guess Lagos was chosen because much of the steel would have to be imported and perhaps Lagos can handle that kind of tonnage comfortably > I suppose maybe Onne can but I don't know why Lagos was chosen.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by kel4soft: 12:01pm On May 15, 2015
omonnakoda:
None of the previous ones were even built in Nigeria and the only reason this one is slated for Lagos is the so called local content law. I doubt very much that Lagos will be able to deliver because of manpower issues and other infrastructure challenges . But the investors think otherwise so goodluck to them.I do not see it possibly being constructed in Bayelsa that is just ridiculous. Maybe Port Harcourt or Aba but Bayelsa is just funny. I guess Lagos was chosen because much of the steel would have to be imported and perhaps Lagos can handle that kind of tonnage comfortably > I suppose maybe Onne can but I don't know why Lagos was chosen.

Well GEJ has interest in the biz. That woman is just a frontier for demdem.

Like I said earlier, it was a mistake or foolishness he sited it in Lagos in the first place.
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by tlops(m): 12:04pm On May 15, 2015
Emphany:
Some people are jes too in haste to get dumb... Even if you think it is too late to start,by the time the project is completed, TO WHOSE NAME do you tag the kudus... GEJ may not be CLUELESS afterall.

I think this is not the best time for all d last minute decision. It looks like booby trap for d next administration. . If I were the next president, I will revert it ASAP. . Don't start what you have no intention of finishing. ..

1 Like

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by omonnakoda: 12:15pm On May 15, 2015
kel4soft:

Well GEJ has interest in the biz. That woman is just a frontier for demdem.

Like I said earlier, it was a mistake or foolishness he sited it in Lagos in the first place.
Where should it have been sited and why?
I should point out that despite all the information and evidence you continue echoing Misinformation and so I wonder whether you know what you are on about .GEJ did not site the project. The project is business venture between Samsung and Ladol. They won contract to supply the platform and decided Lagos was the best place for them from a business perspective. That is not GEJ's decision.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by kel4soft: 12:24pm On May 15, 2015
omonnakoda:
Where should it have been sited and why?
I should point out that despite all the information and evidence you continue echoing Misinformation and so I wonder whether you know what you are on about .GEJ did not site the project. The project is business venture between Samsung and Ladol. They won contract to supply the platform and decided Lagos was the best place for them from a business perspective. That is not GEJ's decision.

So when Atiku took over Onne then, he did it without proxy ba? Abeg, na demdem.
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by Imokay: 12:24pm On May 15, 2015
luvinhubby:
Considering the horrors of being experienced in bunkering, why locate an oil & gas project in an area that does not produce oil or gas?
Locating it in Lagos initially was just political, relocating it to Bayelsa is more logical & sensible.

But you feel okay and pleased that the bulk of the EGINA FPSO Hull and topsides will be fabricated in Samsung yard, Korea, problem comes only if anything is located in Nigeria but not Niger delta. The investment in LADOL is private entirely and not a government project. They consider many factors including security, infrastructure, available labour and logistics before choosing a site for their business. When oil and gas business slows down, which location can the facility serve existing industries? Lagos and nearby Ogun state or isolated Bayelsa? Business people are not stupid enough to stake money without thinking of all possibilities.

If Bayelsa wants such project they should invest in useful infrastructure, security and education to attract investors, not building 35 billion Naira governors office and looting the remaining money.

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by jomoh: 12:24pm On May 15, 2015
Chiaka:

Rubbish! lots of intelligent vibrant guys from SS, hard working you think everyone is not a militant there.....

Hello! Being intelligent does not rid you of Laziness and criminal mind. In fact you have to be intelligent to be a criminal and get away with it.

So babe, if you BF be militant tell him to go find a better and Legit work to do.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by omonnakoda: 12:27pm On May 15, 2015
kel4soft:

So when Atiku took over Onne then, he did it without proxy ba? Abeg, na demdem.
Please talk as if you went through some kind of education.
What does that have to do with this

1 Like

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by Geesanni: 12:36pm On May 15, 2015
THEN WHO U BE?
kel4soft:

Do you know exactly who you are quoting? Or you just want to comment?

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by NoreenUG(f): 12:40pm On May 15, 2015
proxillin:

Nigerians did not benefit anything for Jonathan. ALl these useless tribal chest beating. North south west east. Noone benefitted from Jonthan.

The only group that benefitted from Jonathan are OPC, Niger-delta militant.

" politically insatiable" - Did these politically insatiable people get stable electricity more than other tribe? Did they get special security.

Is Madueke (Igbo woman who is responsible for the missing 20billion dollar part of the politically insatiable?)

Lets reason with our brains.

Hello dumbo?
You were making some sense until you typed that rubbish in bold.
Madueke is an IJAW woman married to an Igbo man.
Please get your facts right before showcasing your ignorance.
Regards.
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by edogirl2: 1:06pm On May 15, 2015
It seems Mr & Mrs Jadesimi quietly built their business over a number of years to become the largest base for rig and vessel repair in West Africa. The business is heading to become a $1 billion company.

Why will the Federal govt, through tribal jealousy, want to truncate the work of a quiet and dignified Nigerian couple?

As someone said above me, if the work was being done in South Korea, China, or Japan we wouldn't mind. But Lagos? Na. Will this company not employ qualified Nigerians irrespective of their tribal background?

It is not the govt's role to terrorise a successful business becos of tribal considerations.

ND business men should use this couple as an example of what is possible and develop similar businesses in the Niger Delta.

5 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by Nobody: 1:58pm On May 15, 2015
I can see how confused this guy is..... sad

A project that is almost completed

Was he in slumber or drunk

....i think BOTH grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by JOEFY: 1:59pm On May 15, 2015
Seun osewa is a yoruba idiooooottttttttttttttttt
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by kel4soft: 2:02pm On May 15, 2015
omonnakoda:
Please talk as if you went through some kind of education.
What does that have to do with this

Okay.
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 15, 2015
Truckpusher:
Jonathan fuccked up the Niger Delta people but we love him despite that and that won't change at all.
Gbam!!!!!!!
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by M16: 2:37pm On May 15, 2015
victorels:

What do you think the project is?
The letter said the president approved the relocation of the project to bayelsa. That means their had been negotiation already. This woman is only attracting public sympathy because she felt the project is going to be removed from her region. Besides, she is an employee of the federal government. The government is not asking them to relocate their company to bayelsa but the project they helped the federal government execute.
From my understanding, the project is a floating object. Its not something they are going to start rebuilding. And every instruction from government is an order that must be obeyed.

Mrs Jaiyesinmi is the a part owner of the project, her father owns Ladol. She is not a staff of the Government. The ckueless one is a joker, have a you seen the level of work that has been put in place. civil works contracts signed with duex projects running in to millions of dollars, already ongoing. Its impossible to move the project, when its not a lego toy.

May God save us from ignorant leaders

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 15, 2015
I was nodding head my when said southsouth governors initiated the location oF LNG in rivers state without giving credit to Chima Ibeneche who initiated it
kettykings:

That was chima ibeneche parting gift and the last major decision he took before retirement, the vultures of Nigeria vehemently cried out against the decision but there cries were rebuffed
Eziokwu.
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by Nobody: 2:41pm On May 15, 2015
is a bad move.
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by superstar1(m): 3:34pm On May 15, 2015
edogirl2:
It seems Mr & Mrs Jadesimi quietly built their business over a number of years to become the largest base for rig and vessel repair in West Africa. The business is heading to become a $1 billion company.

Why will the Federal govt, through tribal jealousy, want to truncate the work of a quiet and dignified Nigerian couple?

As someone said above me, if the work was being done in South Korea, China, or Japan we wouldn't mind. But Lagos? Na. Will this company not employ qualified Nigerians irrespective of their tribal background?

It is not the govt's role to terrorise a successful business becos of tribal considerations.

ND business men should use this couple as an example of what is possible and develop similar businesses in the Niger Delta.

God will bless you.

What stops Government Tompolo from building such business. Asari Dokubo with all his noise on ND, did not even invest in ND. He built a university in Benin Republic. What ought to have provided employment for people of ND, educate the people of ND and boost the economy of the people of ND.

GEJ is indeed a Drunken Master of Otuoke. He woke up too late.

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by manie(m): 4:31pm On May 15, 2015
omonnakoda:

It is a private business not a government project repeat the word BUSINESS .Government did not take it anywhere. Who wants to put their money in the middle of kidnappers and militants and people always threatening to blow things up?. Why should government get involved in where a business is located. If company making tinned sardines decide that the best place to site their factory is Jigawa state and they do not break an law that is their problem

http://www.ladolfreezone.com/

The project is a private sector financed and GEJ cannot dictate where the project should be sited.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by manie(m): 4:39pm On May 15, 2015
kel4soft:

You should know about a topic before commenting. That project, I repeat, was never meant to be in Lagos State, it was just a ploy to win the votes of the SW that made Jonathan to site the project there. What BUSINESS are you talking about my friend? I doubt if you know the nature of the business before typing this gibberish. Mind you, I voted for Buhari.
e

The project is done by LADOL, the shareholders are institutional investors, foreign investors and Lagos state government. FG came into project in the last minute through NPA, when they saw how viable the project will be due to the scrambling by foreign investors for ownership in LADOL.

LADOL means Lagos Deep Offshore Logistics

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by manie(m): 4:45pm On May 15, 2015
manie:
e

The project is done by LADOL, the shareholders are institutional investors, foreign investors and Lagos state government. FG came into project in the last minute through NPA, when they saw how viable the project will be due to the scrambling by foreign investors for ownership in LADOL.

http://www.punchng.com/business/energy/ncag-backs-ladol-for-15bn-egina-fpso-project/

http://weekly.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/business/7245-ladol-invests-n150bn-in-deep-offshore-facilities

According to the company’s chairman, Ladi Jadesimi, the decision to invest the money in the nation’s economy was borne out of the desire to create jobs, bring billion of dollar of long investment as well as enable long term and sustainable economic growth.
He said last year alone, Customs duties collected from the facility was over N10 billion, adding that Labol has commenced talks with multinational oil companies on the construction of Floating Production Storage Offloading (FPSO) that would create thousands of jobs for many Nigerians

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by InvertedHammer: 4:48pm On May 15, 2015
Luggi007:

;DIs he just waking from his sleep of 6 years?

/

Too late. He just realized that he did not do anything for his people.

Chicken coming home to roost

\
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by Lushore1: 4:49pm On May 15, 2015
manie:
e

Thanks you, i hope this end the conversation.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by InvertedHammer: 4:50pm On May 15, 2015
edogirl2:

/
LADOL can always go on break for 2 weeks. grin grin grin

By then, GEJ will be history.
\

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by Nobody: 5:17pm On May 15, 2015
GEJ can as well relocate the Hyundai Ship repair yard earlier scheduled to be built at Badagry to Otuoke. Also, Aje oil field projects and other oil field projects offshore Lagos should be stooped henceforth by GEJ. When people laboured to negotiate investment with foreign partners and decision was taken to site the project where it suits them based on several factors, then government will wake up one day to give directives to scuttle the efforts based on selfish reason.

I think Chief Richard Akinjide through Jumoke, Segun Mimiko, Bode Goerge, Obanikoro and the rest should explain the rationale behind GEJ decision. Okupe should first clear his name on NDIC debtors' list. Gani Adams is operating on thuggery method, hence he has nothing to offer here.

I have sympathy for Jimi Agbaje as he does not belong to this group. I wonder how Jimi Agbaje will feel with this decision of GEJ which cannot work

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Florence Ajimobi Presenting Flowers To Adeyinka Adebayo In 1966 (Throwback Photo / Charles Soludo Wins APGA governorship Primaries / Uber Facts Releases More Details About Tinubu's US Drug Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.