Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,180 members, 7,811,445 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa (37198 Views)

Presidency Orders Payment Of FG Workers’ Salaries / Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above / Presidency Orders Withdrawal Of Security Personnel From Politicians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by cochexky: 10:04am On May 15, 2015
hardywaltz:
GEJ good morning.
Ur just woke up from ur cluelessness.
hahahahahahahhahahahhaha i done laf die oooo this is just the truth hahahahaqh grin grin grin grin
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by fkaz(m): 10:06am On May 15, 2015
CaptainOjemba:
Next time you are quoting Captain, always abstain from from insult, not everybody here is your mate

Ok sir, but stop making comments that makes you look childish online.

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by cochexky: 10:08am On May 15, 2015
Brother jonathan, please i surpport you then but you are really embarrassing me . please just come back home i think you need a rest kiss kiss undecided

1 Like

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by kel4soft: 10:10am On May 15, 2015
porka:

[size=16pt]That's not true.

The multi-billion dollars NLNG headquarters was relocated to Port Harcourt.[/size]

Point of correction, Yara Dua relocated it not GEJ after the SS Govs led by Amaechi and Sylvia insisted that it should relocated, then the late President signed the Train 7 of Bonny and Brass LNG. The HQ was to supposed to be built at a permanent site in Port Harcourt, but this has not been feasible due to the ethnic and political struggle in relation with the location (Greater Port Harcourt). Thus stalling the full relocation of the HQ, only that the Eastern Bye-pass location still serves as the HQ.

Both the Train7 and Brass LNG are yet to take off since Yara Dua died.
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by Ababadada: 10:16am On May 15, 2015
Whichever way you look at it the project suppose to be in Bayelsa. Lagos never have a drop of oil, bayelsa has been feeding the nation for over fifty years. Yet you are complaining this one project. If Buhari mistakenly reverse it, we will stiffly resist it.
fkaz:

Which mumu trap are you talking about? The project is private public partnership, jonathan has fifteen(15) days to go, if buhari assume office may 29th and the company insist that they don't want to go to bayelsa. Buhari has know option than to reverse the project back to lagos, since the project is run by a private company. Jonathan should go and look for a private investor that will build that of bayelsa.
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by Nobody: 10:21am On May 15, 2015
Still abusing me for airing my view? I don't think I owe you any explanation
fkaz:

Ok sir, but stop making comments that makes you look childish online.
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by superstar1(m): 10:23am On May 15, 2015
meccuno:
the siting of these headquarters where a political decision.......I think that regions should be aware of their characteristics and the govt should work on the strengths of these regions.....the north has solid minerals they should work on that. The oil exploration and management should be done in the region that creates that......we should even think of relieving lagos of some stress....because lagos is getting too congested.....let development go round so that there would be less calls for division if things are done right.......

If there is any other word for congestion, it should be used for Lagos and there is an urgency to relieve it of the stress and the impending catastrophe. God forbid all the same.

There is nothing political in siting of businesses. It is a business decision based on information on security, business strategy, business intelligence and business economics at the disposal of the investors. Most importantly, a business man will site his business where he is guaranteed of safety of his life and that of his investments.

To a large extent SW offers this to most multinationals and individuals.

If you are talking of government entities such as NLNG, refineries etc I will agree with you that the siting of such could be political.

The only way forward for this country is regionalism. True federalism is not possible even in this present scenario. Majority of the states cannot survive true federalism under this scenario. With regionalism, congruent states can harness their comparative advantage, strengths and assets to build a formidable and sustainable economy.

With that, all regions will develop at their own pace. Whoever wants to be Dubai can be, whoever wants to be Somalia and Afghanistan can be and whoever that wants to be US can be.

5 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by Kingspin(m): 10:25am On May 15, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
Jonathan wants to turn Bayelsa state to Dubai from now till 29th.

Too late Mr. President,too late!
There are many states that over need port projects than Lagos.
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by Nobody: 10:28am On May 15, 2015
I think Chima Ibeneche did that job just like NBL biggest plant at Enugu that was built by Festus Odumegwu against the wish of OBJ that wanted it sited at ogun state
kel4soft:

Point of correction, Yara Dua relocated it not GEJ after the SS Govs led by Amaechi and Sylvia insisted that it should relocated, then the late President signed the Train 7 of Bonny and Brass LNG. The HQ was to supposed to be built at a permanent site in Port Harcourt, but this has not been feasible due to the ethnic and political struggle in relation with the location (Greater Port Harcourt). Thus stalling the full relocation of the HQ, only that the Eastern Bye-pass location still serves as the HQ.

Both the Train7 and Brass LNG are yet to take off since Yara Dua died.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by ahaz: 10:28am On May 15, 2015
dearpreye:

Bro! It's really sad. He has a poor uunderstanding of the corrupt nature of the ONE NIGERIA project. Those two words carried him away for too long.
likes like ironsi like Jonathan too bad
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by fkaz(m): 10:29am On May 15, 2015
kel4soft:

You should know about a topic before commenting. That project, I repeat, was never meant to be in Lagos State, it was just a ploy to win the votes of the SW that made Jonathan to site the project there. What BUSINESS are you talking about my friend? I doubt if you know the nature of the business before typing this gibberish. Mind you, I voted for Buhari.

"CITING presidential order, the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) has directed the management of LADOL Integrated Logistics to relocate its ongoing $500million fabrication and integrated yards project in Takwa Bay within Apapa pilotage area in Lagos State
to Aggey, Bayelsa State. But the company’s management described the directive as “shocking’’ and out of tone with the agreement it entered into with its technical partners and the federal government

Did chief & mrs Oladipo jadesime enter any agreement with FG to build the company in bayelsa state?
Who is financing the project?
The company decide where they want to site their project and that is all. If the company refuse to go to bayelsa, jonathan should look for another investor simple, He can't force them.

6 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by Lushore1: 10:34am On May 15, 2015
This is a PRIVATE business and they can site thier company whereever they like....

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by Nobody: 10:34am On May 15, 2015
gratiaeo:
•Firm faults directive

CITING presidential order, the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) has directed the management of LADOL Integrated Logistics to relocate its ongoing $500million fabrication and integrated yards project in Takwa Bay within Apapa pilotage area in Lagos State to Aggey, Bayelsa State.

But the company’s management described the directive as “shocking’’ and out of tone with the agreement it entered into with its technical partners and the federal government.

The one paragraph letter was dated April 27, 2015, and signed by NPA’s General Manager (Capital Project), A.R. Mohammed, on behalf of the Managing Director.

It was titled: “Re: Joint Venture Partnership with Samsung Heavy Industries for the USD$500 Million development of fabrication and integration yards for EGINA and Future Projects”.

The letter read: “Please, be informed that Mr President has via PRESS/S9/MT/212 of April 20, 2015 approved that the FPSO (Floating Production Storage & Offloading) project can be located at Agge, Bayelsa State when the facilities to handle such operations are developed. In addition, the project can be conveniently located at any dedicated Oil and Gas Terminal”.

Meanwhile, the President, according to NPA, has approved that henceforth; all oil and gas related cargoes must be handled only at the designated terminals in Onne, Warri and Calabar ports.

The directives signed on behalf of NPA Managing Director by General Manager (M&O), A.A. Goje, said: “In view of this, vessels coming to Nigeria with oil & gas related cargo excluding petroleum products are advised to first go to the appropriate NPA concessioned terminals to be cleared by customs and other relevant authorities, terminal operators, shipping lines among others”.

The directive also advised owners of such vessels to pay necessary dues/charges and obtain releases “before proceeding to locations for final discharge, including those meant for LADOL.

Reacting to the development, yesterday, the Managing Director of LADOL, Dr. Amy Jadesimi said the company was shocked by the development.

She explained that it would send wrong signals to private investors and foreign technical partners, pointing out that a lot of resources have been deployed to put the facilities in place.
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/05/presidency-orders-relocation-of-500m-port-project-to-bayelsa/

This yoruba woman does not know what an order is. She is playing intelligence because it is being moved out of south west area. She is not even telling us why it should be onTakwa Bay and not in Bayelsa. She has done well for herself but her company is firing her very soon.
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by omonnakoda: 10:34am On May 15, 2015
kel4soft:

You should know about a topic before commenting. That project, I repeat, was never meant to be in Lagos State, it was just a ploy to win the votes of the SW that made Jonathan to site the project there. What BUSINESS are you talking about my friend? I doubt if you know the nature of the business before typing this gibberish. Mind you, I voted for Buhari.
Your mother will talk gibberish till she dies. Do not assume everyone here is your coeval .Baboon

A business can be ANYWHERE the owners want it to be ANYWHERE

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by omonnakoda: 10:40am On May 15, 2015
victorels:

This yoruba woman does not know what an order is. She is playing intelligence because it is being moved out of south west area. She is not even telling us why it should be onTakwa Bay and not in Bayelsa. She has done well for herself but her company is firing her very soon.
There is no order and she is a business woman not a soldier. Any literate person who read the article will realize that it has no force of law and is speculative and conditional.We live in a democracy with rule of law.President cannot wake up and start ordering companies around

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by Lushore1: 10:43am On May 15, 2015
omonnakoda:
Your mother will talk gibberish till she dies. Do not assume everyone here is your coeval .Baboon

A business can be ANYWHERE the owners want it to be ANYWHERE

Exactly!, its a private business and they only can decide where they want to site thier business.....

1 Like

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by omonnakoda: 10:43am On May 15, 2015
fkaz:

"CITING presidential order, the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) has directed the management of LADOL Integrated Logistics to relocate its ongoing $500million fabrication and integrated yards project in Takwa Bay within Apapa pilotage area in Lagos State
to Aggey, Bayelsa State. But the company’s management described the directive as “shocking’’ and out of tone with the agreement it entered into with its technical partners and the federal government

Did chief & mrs Oladipo jadesime enter any agreement with FG to build the company in bayelsa state?
Who is financing the project?
The company decide where they want to site their project and that is all. If the company refuse to go to bayelsa, jonathan should look for another investor simple, He can't force them.
Live the villagers alone. They are ignorant of the international rules of business law. Arbitration for such international disagreements is not with Abuja courts. You mess up and they get a court order targetting your foreign assets before you can say diarisgod

The issue is is there a legal document on ground and what does it say. Many Nigerians think they can bully everyone . Recall how the FG was shaking when Abdusalami was sued in the US

6 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by Nobody: 10:51am On May 15, 2015
ahaz:
likes like ironsi like Jonathan too bad

TOO BAD! Just top bad.
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by Nobody: 10:52am On May 15, 2015
omonnakoda:
There is no order and she is a business woman not a soldier. Any literate person who read the article will realize that it has no force of law and is speculative and conditional.We live in a democracy with rule of law.President cannot wake up and start ordering companies around

What do you think the project is?
The letter said the president approved the relocation of the project to bayelsa. That means their had been negotiation already. This woman is only attracting public sympathy because she felt the project is going to be removed from her region. Besides, she is an employee of the federal government. The government is not asking them to relocate their company to bayelsa but the project they helped the federal government execute.
From my understanding, the project is a floating object. Its not something they are going to start rebuilding. And every instruction from government is an order that must be obeyed.
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by omonnakoda: 10:55am On May 15, 2015
Kingspin:
There are many states that over need port projects than Lagos.
Lagos remains the cheapest and therefore the most logical place for a port. The access into Lagos is unlike the swamp,mangrove or inland waterways elsewhere which pose a risk in terms of depth and cost of dredging with environmental impact and compensation costs and the more recent security risks or inland waterways i.e kidnapping and piracy. Unfortunately the road infrastructure in Nigeria has been built around Lagos as the main port from the perspective of the NW,NC and SW and also NE . To have a competitive port in the SS is a very good idea but I do not see private investors doing it from a business perspective for the reasons above and the absence of EVACUATION infrastructure i.e roads/rail. Government does not have the money

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by JoeCutie(m): 10:56am On May 15, 2015
Mr. President! cheesy

E don clear for the guy eye. grin

4 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by omonnakoda: 11:03am On May 15, 2015
victorels:

The letter said the president approved the relocation of the project to bayelsa. That means their had been negotiation already. This woman is only attracting public sympathy because she felt the project is going to be removed from her region. Besides, she is an employee of the federal government. The government is not asking them to relocate their company to bayelsa but the project they helped the federal government execute.
From my understanding, the project is a floating object. Its not something they are going to start rebuilding. And every instruction from government is an order that must be obeyed.
You are making assumptions. At any rate I do not think such decisions negotiations should happen on the pages of newspapers.You do not ask people to come to Lagos spend $50 million and then wake up one day and say move to Lokoja. Government may operate that way but businesses do not.
If indeed there were negotiations as you suggest for Bayelsa what was government supposed to do to make that happen.Was there a timetable? Is Bayelsa a safe place for foreigners? only last week I stayed in a hotel with a guy whose company comes to Nigeria to service engines.His people were met at the airport by armed security and followed by them throughout their stay. Who needs that
You are being sentimental . $500 million is not 500 naira. People make business decision for rational reasons .Why is Dangote not locating his cement factories in Kano. The fact remains that a decision such as this should be made for business and not political reasons. The technical partners are Samsung and generally are smart folk.Should there have been a meeting instead of issuing an irresponsible "Presidential directive" 2 weeks to exit. Is this something that should have been discussed with Buhari and his transition team. Small people always act small and petty no matter how highly placed they may be.

6 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by lekankolade(m): 11:08am On May 15, 2015
now am just believing those saying dis man is DUMB and CLUELESS....flogging dead horse
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by omonnakoda: 11:09am On May 15, 2015
victorels:

The letter said the president approved the relocation of the project to bayelsa. That means their had been negotiation already..
Not necessarily. It could just mean tht GEJ had too much Hennessy that morning
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by lekankolade(m): 11:10am On May 15, 2015
don't be shocked if FCT is moved to OTUOKE next week

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by Nobody: 11:12am On May 15, 2015
omonnakoda:
You are making assumptions. At any rate I do not think such decisions negotiations should happen on the pages of newspapers. eople to come to Lagos spend $50 million and then wake up one day and say move to Lokoja. Goernment may operate that way but businesses do not.
If indeed there were negotiations as you suggest for Bayelsa
You are being sentimental . $500 million is not 500 naira. People make business decision for rational reason .Why is Dangote not locating his cement factories in Kano. The fact remains that a decision such as this should be made for business and not political reasons. The technical partners are Samsung and generally are smart folk. You do not ask pwhat was government supposed to do to make that happen.Was there a timetable? Should there have been a meeting instead of issuing an irresponsible "Presidential directive" 2 weeks to exit. Is this something that should have been discussed with Buhari and his transition team. Small people always act small and petty no matter how highly placed they may be.

can you explain the term in the letter that says "Approved the relocation of"

The project is a joint venture controlled by Government. Your main concern is because the president is leaving. You are right.
But the concern of madam is that the project is leaving south west. The project is something that deals with oil and gas predominantly in bayelsa. Is there any fault in locating the project proxy to where it is neede.
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by edogirl2: 11:16am On May 15, 2015
victorels:

The government is not asking them to relocate their company to bayelsa but the project they helped the federal government execute.
...every instruction from government is an order that must be obeyed.

If a govt official turns up at your residence, hands you a one paragraph note from the federal govt ordering you to eat the dog poo in front of your house, you'll eat it up without question becos 'every instruction from government is an order that must be obeyed.'

You get brain o.

4 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by Nobody: 11:17am On May 15, 2015
omonnakoda:
Not necessarily. It could just mean tht GEJ had too much Hennessy that morning

it means GEJ do not trust the in coming administration to build the one he would have built in Bayelsa should he had won the election, hence, the relocation of the available one.

If it is an important project, a new one should be constructed at takwa bay by the new government, or an understanding should be reached to build the bayelsa version of the project between the two government while allowing the takwa bay project to remain.
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by zimoni(f): 11:19am On May 15, 2015
superstar1:

If there is any other word for congestion, it should be used for Lagos and there is an urgency to relieve it of the stress and the impending catastrophe. God forbid all the same.

There is nothing political in siting of businesses. It is a business decision based on information on security, business strategy, business intelligence and business economics at the disposal of the investors. Most importantly, a business man will site his business where he is guaranteed of safety of his life and that of his investments.

To a large extent SW offers this to most multinationals and individuals.

If you are talking of government entities such as NLNG, refineries etc I will agree with you that the siting of such could be political.

The only way forward for this country is regionalism. True federalism is not possible even in this present scenario. Majority of the states cannot survive true federalism under this scenario. With regionalism, congruent states can harness their comparative advantage, strengths and assets to build a formidable and sustainable economy.

With that, all regions will develop at their own pace. Whoever wants to be Dubai can be, whoever wants to be Somalia and Afghanistan can be and whoever that wants to be US can be.

You are very brilliant Bro. I owe you some bottles.

omonnakoda:
Lagos remains the cheapest and therefore the most logical place for a port. The access into Lagos is unlike the swamp,mangrove or inland waterways elsewhere which pose a risk in terms of depth and cost of dredging with environmental impact and compensation costs and the more recent security risks or inland waterways i.e kidnapping and piracy. Unfortunately the road infrastructure in Nigeria has been built around Lagos as the main port from the perspective of the NW,NC and SW and also NE . To have a competitive port in the SS is a very good idea but I do not see private investors doing it from a business perspective for the reasons above and the absence of EVACUATION infrastructure i.e roads/rail. Government does not have the money

You are right Sir.

Yet, I think SS people need to be serious if really they want to have a deep seaport.

Akpabio ran his mouth for 8years about building Ibaka seasport, up till now, the seaport is in pipeline.

They should hold their leaders and their militant boys responsible for their problems. Warri is a good example.

One of the reasons why I like Tinubu (even though the dude have his own issues) is his innovative thinking. Tinubu is full of ideas.

It is well.

at topic, Jonah just woke up few days before he vacates the position. Jonah Jonah Jonah........He's indeed a Jonah(Olorun Iya).

Alaabaa.

4 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by kettykings: 11:23am On May 15, 2015
CaptainOjemba:
I think Chima Ibeneche did that job just like NBL biggest plant at Enugu that was built by Festus Odumegwu against the wish of OBJ that wanted it sited at ogun state

That was chima ibeneche parting gift and the last major decision he took before retirement, the vultures of Nigeria vehemently cried out against the decision but there cries were rebuffed
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by Nobody: 11:24am On May 15, 2015
edogirl2:

If a govt official turns up at your residence, hands you a one paragraph note from the federal govt ordering you to eat the dog poo in front of your house, you'll eat it up without question becos 'every instruction from government is an order that must be obeyed.'

You get brain o.
There are things the government has control over. Our house was demolished because government need the land to build road. All we could do is to seek for compensation. Government has control over that even though the land happened to be our ancestral land.

The company should obey and then seek for compensation if they have issues.

Think of it in this regard.
Re: Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa by omonnakoda: 11:24am On May 15, 2015
victorels:

can you explain the term in the letter that says "Approved the relocation of"

The project is a joint venture controlled by Government. Your main concern is because the president is leaving. You are right.
But the concern of madam is that the project is leaving south west. The project is something that deals with oil and gas predominantly in bayelsa. Is there any fault in locating the project proxy to where it is neede.
I did not write the letter so it is not for me to to explain. Neither is it for me to interpret to you. The sentence you are quoting also has the following words
"
can be
located at Agge, Bayelsa State when the facilities to handle such operations are developed". So if you read that sentence with attention and intelligence its meaning should be very clear. IT MEANS NOTHING

It is like saying your marriage to my daughter has been approved and can take place when the right conditions are in place

I should just point out that technically the wording i.e FPSO project is wrong THERE IS NO FPSO project in Lagos. FPSO is not the same as fabrication plant. FPSO is by definition located where there is oil. Inaccuracies such as this are a bureaucratic delay tactic.

What I suggest is you read the entire letter and then reflect on what legal force it has.In my opinion it has none

I see it as the NPA being diplomatic . You have a recently appointed CEO who has been sent on a fool's errand and is delivering it with

supreme tact

CAN YOU KINDLY PROVIDE EVIDENCE TO SUBSTANTIATE YOUR CLAIM THAT IT IS A JOINT VENTURE CONTROLLED BY THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos From Alex Badeh's Burial In Abuja Today / Governor Bindow Campaigns In Numan LGA Adamawa. 4+4 Is The Slogan / Uber Facts Releases More Details About Tinubu's US Drug Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.