Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,976 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... (25272 Views)

Court Acquits Orubebe Over N1.97bn Contract Scam / On This Day: Two Years Ago, Orubebe. The Man Who Saw Tomorrow / The Real Meaning Of "ORUBEBE" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by chemali: 12:44pm On May 15, 2015
brainpulse:
God bless you for the master piece. They go around making rubbish threads like jobless kids, forgetting that with the allocation, derivation and NDDC their leaders have nothing to show.

It sickens me to my guts when they keep playing the victim. What has NDDC achieved with its billions? Check a lot of projects executed by NDDC and you will see mediocrity. Even if they have 100% control of their resources, the end game is a few billionaires which they will worship and act as thugs for! Asari is made now. Tompolo is made now. They keep talking about being shortchanged but a few protection dollars will buy them. This is the story of the modern day struggle - pay the leaders protection money and they shut it for a new set to arise demanding their own protection.

7 Likes

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:44pm On May 15, 2015
Mogidi:

He couldn't implement the confab report considering the north still holds sway in both houses. Shame we couldn't count on our SW peeps in the house.
You're confused. Really confused.

3 Likes

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Mynd44: 12:44pm On May 15, 2015
Mogidi:

Repeat the highlighted to those up north.
Nigeria is a mere geographic expression, we didn't coin that phrase.
Tell that to the man of Igbo descent who is now a member of the House of Representatives representing Lagos.
Tell that to the commissioner in Lagos who is of Igbo descent
Tell that to Aregbesola, Fayemi and Osinbajo who although are not Lagosians are/were commissioners there.
Tell that to the Christian population in Southern Kaduna
Tell that to the Christians who formed a protective ring around the Muslims in Kano while they prayed during the subsidy protests
Tell the to Sanusi who condemned the burning of a church and ordered that the church be built back
Tell that to the Abia state government that fired every non Abia person in its civil service oopps
Tell that to the Orubebe who went crying on TV about the election process. Who wanted us to continue with this madness we call a government.
Tell that to your mirror.
Argue with your cat

6 Likes

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Nobody: 12:44pm On May 15, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Thanks boss for the last part but so also many others will be talking and hitting their keyboard till something positive comes out of it...words are powerful bro...join this crusade plzzz...we need new leaders with new ideas...who aren't part of our sordid past and history...

Am already a leader in my own little way. and am always on the path of what brings justice, fairness and equity and truth. i stand for what is right and just.

its obvious Nigeria's set up was designed to favour a particular region. but what have the other region done to check mate this sinister move by a select few to place a region above the others? u kept quite about it for long, it seemed u were OK with it. correct me if am wrong............
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Mynd44: 12:46pm On May 15, 2015
Mogidi:

He couldn't implement the confab report considering the north still holds sway in both houses. Shame we couldn't count on our SW peeps in the house.
The same SW who under Tinubu has been shouting for federalism and for almost 12 years? Are you sleeping?
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Mogidi: 12:47pm On May 15, 2015
barcanista:
Lol, [size=13pt]the guy is now employing threats[/size]... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

These people need to come to terms with Present realities!

Faced with superior arguments what do you expect of him? grin grin grin grin
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Nobody: 12:47pm On May 15, 2015
Truckpusher:
What exactly are you saying my friend ?

Personally ,I'm not susceptible to threats.

Tell me more,I'm all ears .

this new line of opposite u and ur crew have taken. just be careful the things u say. its just an advice bro.
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:47pm On May 15, 2015
Mynd44:

Seriously these people are just a bunch of political lightweights. In 2011 when GEJ won the SW and the PDP lost in the SW gubernatorial elections, the SW did not practice regional politics right? When the PDP failed massively and Nigerians decided to change and vote for someone they have rejected and only accepted because of the massive failures of the GEJ led PDP government, they remember that they are being discriminated against.

Sometimes instead of typing, I just laugh my head off.
Jonathan was a failure. I've heard people say they voted for Buhari because PDP failed; I voted for Buhari because Jonathan failed. Jonathan is the reason I voted for Buhari, not PDP.

2 Likes

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Mogidi: 12:48pm On May 15, 2015
Mynd44:

The same SW who under Tinubu has been shouting for federalism and for almost 12 years? Are you sleeping?

So why did Tinubu abandon what he spent a lifetime fighting for?
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Truckpusher(m): 12:49pm On May 15, 2015
barcanista:
Lol, the guy is now employing threats... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

These people need to come to terms with Present realities!
Let them threaten all they want ,when push comes to shove they can't stand this heat they like turning on every now and then.

By the time we resort to this uncivilized method they keep shouting like morons high on drugs, they will understand that everything doesn't end on nairaland.

#BABAONECHANCE.

3 Likes

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by effty(m): 12:49pm On May 15, 2015
Isaac Boro was a mindless killer devoid of any conscience.
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Nobody: 12:49pm On May 15, 2015
I have observed that non SS/SE people are quick to flood threads such as this to derail or preach half truth. I urge brothers/sisters not to relent or demoralised in this call for fairness and equity.

Keep it up Whynotthetruth, Mogidi and others

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:49pm On May 15, 2015
philips70:

Why did Jonathan, a prominent son of the south, the president of the federal republic of Nigeria convene a national conference and gave an irrevocable standing order not to touch the very questions which his people have been fighting and died for?

Nothing was sacrosanct there except self determination as espoused by indivisibility of Nigeria...Restructuring wasn't cancelled out but was fought vehemently by North... though some quasi-restructuring was finally agreed...

3 Likes

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Truckpusher(m): 12:51pm On May 15, 2015
GrammarPolicee:

this new line of opposite u and ur crew have taken. just be careful the things u say. its just an advice bro.
Take back your useless advice and shove it down your momma's puccy.

If you want to bring it on ,bring it on bastard.
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Mogidi: 12:52pm On May 15, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Jonathan was a failure. I've heard people say they voted for Buhari because PDP failed; I voted for Buhari because Jonathan failed. Jonathan is the reason I voted for Buhari, not PDP.

So it was not Buhari's past performance/manifesto that persuaded you to vote for him?
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Gbawe: 12:52pm On May 15, 2015
ifyan:

Your name de represent true true.
When you tell them the truth, you are seen a fool
But deep within their hearts your name represent.
Love it.
You know. ......

What truth? The "truth" the OP was somehow prevented from telling to GEJ in the five years he was President? Real men who are honorable, brave and upright make decision they live and die by. This is a democracy. Some voted for GEJ and others voted for Buhari. Why can those who voted GEJ not simply accept the loss, wish Nigeria well under Buhari and move on as many of us did in 2011 even when we did not support GEJ who won back then?

Why has this loss of GEJ now suddenly reminded some of "true fiscal federalism" and the need to "regionalize" Nigeria? Sensible Nairalanders should not remain here indulging this dishonest, deceitful and hypocritical crybaby OP and others like him. I personally admire stand-up guys who throw blows and take blows. You bragged before the elections and have now lost. Why not show civility by at least giving Buhari time to show what he can do before the deceitful antics of are rolled out redolent of the behavior of sour losers? Have they given Buhari a chance to lead before they begin talking of "injustice"?

The forum, below, can see the same OP strutting arrogantly in defence of GEJ before the election. The GEJ he is defending below and asking Nigerians to retain in power has never acted as if he is interested in "true fiscal federalism" or the idea of "regionalizing" Nigeria. If anything, GEJ was the poster child of central profligacy/patronage/largesse at the expense of devolving power to other tiers of the federation. Jonathan lived for bloated and wastful central governance with power, wealth and might inordinately concentrated in the centre to the detriment of other tiers of our federation like States. If any of these GEJ supporters were honorable, they would spare us this post-election revisionism which is not only patronising but highly deceitful and amoral. For the sake of brevity, and because I trust well-informed Nairalanders will know what I mean, this Op is the biggest hypocrite on Nairaland because the same GEJ he wanted to carry on leading Nigeria did exactly the opposite of what will deliver all that the OP is now deceitfully claiming he wants for Nigeria.

The essence of 'outing' this hypocrite is that Nairalanders need to know that there exist a category of educated yet hateful and ethnocentric Nigerians who conveniently and deliberately see no evil while their own is in charge. They even hankered passionately for the ultra-corrupt and totally inept GEJ to remain President, never mind he was only succeeding at turning Nigeria into Somalia fast. They never put all these demands before GEJ in 5 years yet they suddenly remember the 'injustice' of Nigeria now that GEJ has been voted out.

They then patronisingly think they can hide behind the usual rhetoric of "true fiscal federalism" and "regionalism" when it is obvious to intelligent folks that these dishonorable posters are merely bitter losers who had no problem with all that GEJ stood for yesterday even when that is the opposite of what they claim to want today. Yeye, and hypocrisy, dey smell. The OP asks below what GEJ is not addressing. Yet we know, in five years as President, that GEJ certainly did not address all he demands here. Nonetheless he supported GEJ unquestioningly. This reveals that the likes of the OP, despite their pretensions to erudition, are nothing but clannish element perpetually devoted to their ethnic affiliation than to developmental political ideology.

https://www.nairaland.com/2055380/why-buhari-not-fight-corruption/1

Whynotthetruth:

Sincerely, what do you need from this regime that they aren't addressing presently? What change does Buhari represent Change to parochialism Has he acquired any new ideas or is he planning to use 1984 solutions on a 2014 challenges That's disaster for sure...What's his roadmap to a better Nigeria Let him present it for all to see if he had any, which I doubt. I will provide you security, employment, food etc HOW How will he do it

7 Likes

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by lomprico(m): 12:53pm On May 15, 2015
IyaIode:

The election has been won and lost, if you feel sad about the results, go and strategies for 2019. What has ironsi got to do with the last election?

1. Did this same Jonathan not win overwhelming in 2011 expecially in the North?

2. Did these same Jonathan not carry the eternal looters along?

3. Was the last 5yrs not a looting spree?

You think other regions don't have stories to tell against your region too
you are still not getting the message! its not about Jonathan at all. read it again!

2 Likes

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Mynd44: 12:53pm On May 15, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Boss, I feel elated with some of your submissions here...thanks
1)I don't want to reduce it to partisan campaign plz...otherwise I will tell you that in APC I prefer Kwankwaso, fashola to a buhari who is part of Nigeria dirty past. He gained popularity in north due to his partisan stance on sharia around 2000...he's dirty to me...

2)When it was time to put his words to work. Tinubu ran away. His voice and APC would have helped to intimidate the northern agenda at that confab. That's shows his insincerity to this...

3)All in SE are Igbo. Maybe not same with other regions. But regional government will make healthy competition and fast development germane....its advantage far outweigh the disadvantage if any at all

4)I wish your post and comments henceforth will reflect this. I remember your position on Agbaje back then and other obnoxious comments you made...thanks
1. I would have prefered Kwankwaso yes. I am not a pro GEJ but a GEJout person. Now when delegates voted and voted Buhari what should the party do? Not accept him?

2. Forget the confab. What bill was sponsored in the house?

3. So because everyone in the SE is Igbo mean it is the same elsewhere? Again all in the SE are not Igbo. If you have lived somewhere for 7 years, you can claim to be from there which means the Fulani or Tiv guy is as much from the SE as someone who was born there

4. Read these
https://www.nairaland.com/2232367/seemingly-insurmountable-odds-against-jimi

And
https://www.nairaland.com/2099922/igbo-deputy-governor-lagos-what

And tell me what my view on Agbaje wastage
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Nobody: 12:54pm On May 15, 2015
barcanista:
The difference between our struggle and the catalans is that Catalonia enjoy autonomy and Spanish government is willing to grant them more autonomy in order to keep them in spain. But SS/SS neither have autonomy or freedom. So we have legitimate concern just like Kosovo!
Your case reminds me of south sudan.
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Nobody: 12:54pm On May 15, 2015
Mogidi:

So why did Tinubu abandon what he spent a lifetime fighting for?
We all know the people that REJECTED the 50% resource control demand in 2014 Conference and 2005 political conference. We all know that Obasanjo had wanted to reduce our meagre 13% derivation through his Onshore/Offshore dichotomy. Bros, I hate re-writing of history.

2 Likes

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by lilflipnerd: 12:55pm On May 15, 2015
Whynotthetruth:
Cc; Mogidi, Firefire, Truckpusher, Dearpreye, SeverusSnape,
barcanista , Temitemi1, Tomakint, Jmaine, Lalasticlala, Ishilove, Phockphockman, Peppyluv02, Ganjafarmer, Francizy, Anonimi, dearpreye, mizmycoli, passingshot, socialmediaman, obi4eze, and all forum brothers....

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Nobody: 12:55pm On May 15, 2015
lomprico:

you are still not getting the message! its not about Jonathan at all. read it again!
Forget all the stories up there, everyone knows what this is about.
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:55pm On May 15, 2015
IyaIode:

Wish you all the best, catalonia has been at the UN before i was born, same for Palestine. Again good luck while uduagan, Orji, dickson, elechi continue the looting spree and you point fingers to the north.

If only you knew what Catalonia has achieved so far with their agitation... do you know they autonomous?...

Yes, you know about those guys because we are already doing self opposition and criticism hence bound to be getting better by the day...

Why not extend such to your governors who can't be compared to any of these guys in terms of development achieved so far...pair states of SS/SE against SW and see the difference... no be mouth dear

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Horlufemi(m): 12:55pm On May 15, 2015
Mynd44:

1. Define new leaders. Donald Duke was fresh. Fashola is fresh. Sanusi is fresh. Why cant the new people with aspirations step up to contest for the primaries? Desmond Elliot showed that you can make it. How cone others did not come out? I find it insulting that the PDP had Donald Duke and we had to contend with thieving charlatans.

2) The PDP has been at the centre and the had both houses of assembly too. Why did those leaders not push for that? Tinubu has been screaming federalism for almost 12 years and failed to recognise that. Why?

3) This country cannot be regonalised because our regions do not define us. Not everyone in the SE is Igbo. Not everyone in the SW is Yoruba. Divisions are all over. We are citizens of Nigeria and we live in states and not regions. When you guys attempt to divide the country into 6, you become a bunch of tribal warlords

4) I see myself as part of a well growing Nation where corruption is not our problem. Where I can be of Igbo descent and contest for governorship in Kano. Where I can be from Abia state and the family of my Anambra GF wont say I am not good enough because I am from Ngwa

You're number 4 point is my life long dream for Nigeria. I past we one day rise above tribe. To be honest the Nigeria will never rise until we stop thinking in tribe.
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Mynd44: 12:56pm On May 15, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Jonathan was not voted out cos he is from the SS. He was voted out cos he is a failure.

I would have voted anyone instead of GEJ. Hell at some point, I was liking Atiku sef
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by yayankainuwa: 12:56pm On May 15, 2015
MizMyColi:
Whynotthetruth asked these questions.
Anyone with viable answers should please contribute.
Thankssmiley

Jonathan had six good years to do all these, but he wasted them blaming the opposition .....its unfortunate now he is out of power!
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Nobody: 12:57pm On May 15, 2015
They should keep up with the threats like we are handicap.
Truckpusher:
Let them threaten all they want ,when push comes to shove they can't stand this heat they like turning on every now and then.

By the time we resort to this uncivilized method they keep shouting like morons high on drugs, they will understand that everything doesn't end on nairaland.

#BABAONECHANCE.

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Mynd44: 12:58pm On May 15, 2015
Horlufemi:

You're number 4 point is my life long dream for Nigeria. I past we one day rise above tribe. To be honest the Nigeria will never rise until we stop thinking in tribe.
That's the problem of people like the OP and his ilk. They are a bunch of regional champ and national chickens.

Unless the realize that the PDP has failed, they will not get it right
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:58pm On May 15, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Yet Jonathan has been effecting last minute changes and implementation of policies. Why did he not implement the confab report? You people need to do some soul searching.

Even PDP northern governors forum instructed all their representatives at confab to protect the interests of the North not Nigeria...so how can PDP senators from north do otherwise...it's unfortunate that you see it as fight by only SE/SS against the system...SW will soon cry when the reality of this scheme dawn on you

1 Like

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Nobody: 12:59pm On May 15, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

If only you knew what Catalonia has achieved so far with their agitation... do you know they autonomous?...

Yes, you know about those guys because we are already doing self opposition and criticism hence bound to be getting better by the day...

Why not extend such to your governors who can't be compared to any of these guys in terms of development achieved so far...pair states of SS/SE against SW and see the difference... no be mouth dear
Are we going into the SE vs SW thing again? Sometimes i feel you guys don't have to courage to leave.

2 Likes

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Truckpusher(m): 1:01pm On May 15, 2015
barcanista:
They should keep up with the threats like we are handicap.
I don't blame them ,I blame Jonathan that gave them this impression of a gentleman.

Gbolo the country ,nothing dey happen .

Where is Odili when you needed him?

1 Like

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by MuguliciousMUGU: 1:01pm On May 15, 2015
Mynd44:

Jonathan was not voted out cos he is from the SS. He was voted out cos he is a failure.

I would have voted anyone instead of GEJ. Hell at some point, I was liking Atiku sef
you keep on saying that jonathan is a failure, can you prove it? If not because of boko haram, jonathan would have been the best president in nigeria even though jonathan is still the best., obasanjo and atiku stole trillions of money, did jonathan arrest them? You need an empirical evidence to prove that jonathan is a failure before you start assuming the impossible.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Gbayi Women, Youths Protests El-rufai's Appointment Of Non Indigene..(pictured) / Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 / Loyal Party Members Mob Akpabio At Tribunal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.