Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,546 members, 7,816,327 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. - Sports (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. (248595 Views)

Nigeria Vs South Africa 2019 AFCON Qualifiers: 0 - 2 (Full Time) / Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) / Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (161) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 12:54pm On Jun 29, 2015
Aaron Samuel Nets Fourth Goal in China

Nigeria international Aaron Samuel Olanare scored his fourth goal of the season for his Chinese club Guangzhou R&F on Sunday when he scored in a 2-0 win over Hangzhou Green town.
Olanare opened the scoring for Guangzhou R&F in the 64th minute, when he converted a penalty.
The former Valerenga of Norway hitman lasted for 83 minutes and was replaced by Li Yan.
He has now scored four goals in 10 games this season.
Samuel has played for 3SC, Dolphins, Valerenga and Sarpsborg 08.
He has scored two goals in six games for Nigeria.

africanfootball.com/news/541347/Aaron-Samuel-nets-fourth-goal-in-China

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 1:02pm On Jun 29, 2015
[b]
Nigeria: Are Enyeama's Super Eagles Days Numbered ?
By Augustine Akhilomen

Without doubt, Enyeama's commitment to national duty cannot be questioned. It will be a 'sorry' state if Nigeria must have to battle for a place in the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations without him because of his invaluable experience.
According to former Super Eagles goalkeeper, Dosu Joseph, sanctioning or expelling him is not in the best interest of the team and the country.
"I won't advice the NFF to expel Enyeama now that the team is already in the thick of its 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers. We need our best players and Enyeama remains the safest hand in the country, with due respect to other goalkeepers.
"Both parties should take the situation easy and learn to forge ahead in the interest of the team. Nigeria needs Enyeama and vice versa. No matter what must have happened I believe things can still be amended."
Former Super Eagles captain, Sunday Oliseh, also added his voice to the issue. He said in an interview that the NFF should leave the player alone.
According to Oliseh, Enyeama as the captain has every right to air his views on any issue that concerns the team.
"As the captain, he aired his opinion that I think should be respected."[/b]

allafrica.com/stories/201506290947.html?viewall=1

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 4:24pm On Jun 29, 2015
[b]Adamu Blasts NFF Face-Off With Keshi, Enyeama

By Izuchukwu Okosi:
Former executive committee member of CAF and FIFA, Amos Adamu has roundly criticized the row between the leadership of the NFF, Stephen Keshi and Super Eagles captain Vincent Enyeama, describing the controversies as a distraction to the national team, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.
Adamu, a member of the CAF’s Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) Committee, spoke exclusively to Comple tesportsnigeria.com on Sunday about the knotty issues.
“The problems between the NFF, Keshi and Enyeama are unnecessary distraction. The Eagles are in the midst of a 2017 AFCON qualification campaign and that could be detrimental to the team’s chances,” Adamu warned.
“I don’t think all parties involved should have made big noise about these things. They shouldn’t have been a media thing.
“Firstly, in the case of Enyeama, he said he instantly apologised for the comments he made about the security situation in Kaduna. If Enyeama has apologised for what he said, why serve him a query again. The point is why not forgive him after the apology and move on.
“These players live abroad and its all about the perception that they have about what is happening at home.
“Most parts of northern Nigeria are known to have been ravaged by the insurgents. However, Enyeama shouldn’t have still gone ahead to say Kaduna wasn’t safe after they had played against Chad in the AFCON qualifier and all left peacefully. If someone tells you Maiduguri is unsafe for you and you go there and return safely, won’t you begin to have a rethink about what you’ve been hearing,” Adamu wondered.
Speaking on the reported application for the coaching job of the Elephants of Cote d’ Ivoire by Eagles coach, Stephen Keshi, Adamu explained that Keshi may not be culpable for a breach of contract.
“If another country, and specifically Cote d’ Ivoire, wants Nigeria’s national team coach, it means we have what other countries are looking for. Keshi won the Africa Cup of Nations in 2013 as the coach of Nigeria.
“The question is: Did Keshi apply for the national team coaching job of Cote d’ Ivoire before now? Maybe he applied before the NFF reappointed him as Super Eagles chief coach, if not it doesn’t make any sense and it should be condemned.
“It’s a norm for FAs to shortlist coaches for their national teams but if Keshi applied after getting the Super Eagles job, then he’s at fault in this circumstance,” Adamu told
Completesportsnigeria.com
However, Adamu declined to speak about Africa’s support for the embattled FIFA President, Sepp Blatter.
FIFA is currently being investigated by the USA Justice Department as well as the Swiss government for corruption charges, though Blatter enjoys the support of the Confederation of African Football despite his recent decision to step down from his position.
“No comment. I’ll speak with you some other time, take care,” he responded tartly to question concerning Blatter and FIFA.[/b]

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by terzurum5(m): 10:25am On Jun 30, 2015
[b]Finally, Amodu Resumes Work As Technical Director Of National Teams
By Salifu Usman

Former Super Eagles head coach, Shuaibu Amodu yesterday finally resume work officially as the technical director of the Nigeria’s national teams, two years after his appointment by the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).
The former board of NFF-led by Alhaji Aminu Maigari had in May 2013, after one of the their board meetings announce the appointment of Shuaibu Amodu as Technical Directors of the National teams.
On resumption of office, the present NFF president, Amaju Pinnick reaffirmed the appointment of Shuaibu Amodu as the Technical Director of the National Teams in October 2015. But since then, Amodu has turned to a regular visitor to the NFF’s secretariat instead of resumes work, insisted that unless a proper agreement is signed between him and the federation, he would not resume.
Speaking to newsmen yesterday at the NFF’s secretariat after officially resumed at his duty post, the former BBC Lions of Gboko coach, who confirmed he has received his appointment letter, said he is ready to work with all the coaches of national teams for the development of Nigeria’s football.
He said even though it is not his responsibility to select players for any the national teams, he will work closely with all the coaches to ensure that the best legs are selected to represent Nigeria at any level for the betterment of Nigeria’s football.
“I have resumed my work officially as the technical director. Now that I am here, I bring my wealth of experience in football over the years to bear in development of Nigeria football and I am ready to work with all the coaches of our national teams to develop football.
“The selection of players is not part of my duty but I’ll work with the coaches to ensure the best are selected to represent Nigeria,” he said.
His appointment letter sighted by LEADERSHIP sports, indicates that he is expected to work closely with technical committee and technical studies group of the NFF to the country’s develop. He is also among other things expected to with details plan of how bring up coaches of the national teams to international standard. His contract is for the period of four years.[/b]

leadership.ng/sports/443679/finally-amodu-resumes-work-as-technical-director-of-national-teams

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by terzurum5(m): 11:01am On Jun 30, 2015
[b]NFF Must Support Keshi’s Rebuilding Process –Eguavoen

By Augustine Akhilomen – Lagos
Former Super Eagles coach and captain, Augustine Eguavoen, has charged the Nigeria Football Federation to support the team’s coach, Stephen Keshi, amidst the ongoing rebuilding process in the team.
Augustine Eguavoen, who was part of the 1994 squad that won the Africa Cup of Nations and also took part in the World cup same year, said that re-building a new team would require the NFF to support him with the in order to achieve a positive result.
”Am not in the position to advice Keshi we can only support him and be a bit more positive minded.
”Football is a collective sport and as supporters and fans of the Super Eagles we should join hands to help the team do well,” Eguavoen said.
The former Bendel Insurance coach was a member of the Nigeria squad that qualified for the country’s first ever World Cup and had 53 appearances for the senior national team in all competitions.[/b]

dailyindependentnig.com/2015/06/nff-must-support-keshis-rebuilding-process-eguavoen/

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by terzurum5(m): 11:06am On Jun 30, 2015
[b]Focus on Football Not Keshi, Ekpo Tells NFF

Ex-international, Friday Ekpo, has advised the Nigeria Football Federation to check less on Super Eagles coach, Stephen Keshi, and focus more on its primary assignment of developing and promoting football in the country.
The former midfielder described the NFF’s probe of Keshi and the national team captain, Vincent Enyeama, as a distraction.
Ekpo told our correspondent that the NFF should have handled the matter in-house and moved on.
He said, “They should leave Keshi provided it is not in their terms that once he is with the national team he cannot look elsewhere. I don’t think any sane person would put that in a contract for someone to sign. One can sign for the job of the national team coach and after two months an offer comes even without my applying for it.
“The NFF should concentrate more on building a strong national team and make sure that we have good players in the national team. They should search out our good players outside and those in the country. We have quality players outside that we don’t even know and at home we also have good players.
“The League Management Company is trying to make sure that our league gets better. The NFF should focus more on our leagues so that it can produce better players. This issue with Keshi should have been an in-house matter. Same with the issue involving the Eagles captain Vincent Enyeama. Must everything go to the press?”
Ekpo added that there was the need for the NFF to put its house in order and ensure that the Eagles prepared well for Nigeria’s next 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying match against Tanzania in September.
Also, the NFF on Monday criticised a report in which a publication speculated that the federation had abandoned the U-23 national team. The federation’s position was made known through a statement on its website. The players are campaigning for a place in 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro.
NFF spokesperson, Ademola Olajire, said it was strange for the report to claim that the U-23 Eagles were seeking to qualify for the All Africa Games, when they had since secured a place in the football event of the Games.
He said, “It is strange for the reporter to tell the world that the U-23 team is seeking to qualify for the All-Africa Games, almost three months after the team defeated Zambia in Lusaka to earn a spot at the Games coming up in Congo, Sept. 4 to Sept. 19.”
The statement noted that the NFF had never shirked its responsibility of catering for any of the national teams.
It added that it was not true that the team had been training and playing its friendly games in adidas kits, and that the officials were owed allowances.
The team will take on Congo in the final round, first leg qualifying match in Port Harcourt on July 19.[/b]

www.punchng.com/sports/focus-on-football-not-keshi-ekpo-tells-nff/

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by terzurum5(m): 1:05pm On Jun 30, 2015
[b]Nigeria: Amodu Promises Robust Technical Support for National Teams
By Tony Ezimakor

Abuja — Newly appointed Technical Director of Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) Shuaibu Amodu has promised to midwife a robust technical support strategy for all national teams' coaches as he resumes formally in the football house.
His appointment which took effect April 1, 2015 is for a four- year term during which Amodu is expected to initiate and implement developmental programmes that would improve the game and technical personnel of the nation's football at all levels.
Amodu, who arrived the Glasshouse Monday, said he would bring his years of experience to bear on the job, and pledged to work with stakeholders to achieve the mandate.
"My target will be to work for the development of Nigeria football, vis-à-vis the entire national teams from U-17 to the top. Whatever impute we can give directly or indirectly in terms of technical expertise, we will do to ensure that all the coaches get all they need in terms of technical support that will enable them achieve their mandate," he said, adding that he would make consultations coming out with his programme.
In the letter of employment by NF , Amodu was given mandate " to work closely with the Technical and Development Committee and the Technical Study group in implementing the vision of the new NFF administration for a focused and dynamic technical department that will design a robust and workable technical programme for Nigeria football and the national teams".
The letter further said that Amodu was picked because of his resourcefulness vast experience that span over 30 years.[/b]

allafrica.com/stories/201506300811.html?viewall=1
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by terzurum5(m): 1:24pm On Jun 30, 2015
[b]Nigeria: Eagles' Ekong On Verge of New Deal
By Mansur Abubakar

Super Eagles defender William Troost Ekong is on the verge of signing a new deal with an unnamed club in Holland, the player told Daily Trust yesterday.
The former Tottenham Hotspur player in the chat said his management team has warned him against revealing the name of his new team before the deal is concluded, adding that Daily Trust would be the first Nigerian media he would grant an interview as soon as everything is sorted out in the next few days.
The player made his debut for Eagles in Nigeria's first African Cup of Nations qualifying match against Chad in Kaduna where he partnered Kenneth Omeruo for the whole duration and also impressed with his superb reading of the game.
"I just had a call from my management that I should wait with interviews until I have signed at my new club. We are busy with that at the moment and as soon as that is done, your paper will be the first I will do the full spread interview for and can also speak about my new club" Ekong said.
He had represented Holland at the U-19 and U-20 levels before signing a 2 year contract with FC Groningen on 23 July 2013 in the Netherlands following his release from Tottenham.
Ekong was loaned out to FC Dordrecht for the rest of the season where he won the Jupiler League Play-off Final earning them promotion to the Eredivisie and his loan spell was extended until the summer of 2015 before being released by his parent club after last season ended.[/b]

allafrica.com/stories/201506300498.html?viewall=1

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by terzurum5(m): 1:31pm On Jun 30, 2015
[b]
Nigeria: Onigbinde Berates for Condemning Kaduna
By Chibuike Chukwu

Lagos — Two times Super Eagles Coach, Adegboye Onigbinde, has berated the team's Captain, Vincent Enyeama, for condemning Kaduna as venue of the team's last 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Chad.
In an interview with Daily Independent on Monday, the coach said that it wsas not up to Enyeama to determine where the national team would play, saying g it was not even up to him to suggest a venue for the team.
"Is Enyeama an official or a coach? I will never succumb to the debate that Enyeama commented well on Kaduna.
"Have we not been using Kaduna in the past? The issue here is not whether Kaduna is safe or not. His own is to play the game and forget where the match is played. Let me ask you, where did our opponent (Chad) played? Was it not the same Kaduna? I think the player was careless with his condemnation."
The former Eagles coach traced his relationship with Enyeama, saying much as he was one coach that helped to throw the goalkeeper to limelight at the 2002 World Cup, he would not accept that the goalkeeper did well.
"I know my personal relationship with Enyeama. You remember the 2002 World Cup, but despite that, I think Enyeama erred in his utterances.
"When I was appointed in 2002 our team was in shambles. So I decided to build the team around younger players like Enyeama. He is a nice player but what is really his business with where a team plays?
"He has a boss in the national team. Even the coach has a boss, so it was really not up to him to comment on the venue. Agreed, he has every right to air his views, but it is imperative to look at the right and suitable ways to do that.
"I have nothing against Enyeama, as I have said earlier that I have a good relationship with him. He should always restrict himself to playing the game and leave the venue to the managers and the NFF to decide.
"What we are suffering now in our football is lack of youth development policy, which I have been championing for many years. Any player can come and hold the nation to ransom because the country lacks viable football development policy that can ensure unrestricted access to talents.
"This is not about Enyeama or any other player but about what we should do to ensure no player can hold this country to ransom. Tell me, why is it that in a country of over 160 million, we will always depend on oversea-based players for our national team?
"Believe me, we will continue to have it wrong until we do the needful and bring on youth development policy. I have been in the vanguard of this for many years."[/b]

allafrica.com/stories/201506300778.html?viewall=1
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 10:34am On Jul 01, 2015
Mba Joins Turkish Club Malatyaspor

Nigerian midfielder Sunday Mba has joined lower league Turkish club Yeni Malatyaspor, Turkish media report.
Malatyaspor were promoted from the TFF Second League (third division) to the TFF First League (second division) at the end of last season.
Mba was unveiled by Malatyaspor on Tuesday, the Super Eagles star taking a picture with the club's muffler along with club officials.
Completesportsnigeria.com reports that the former Golden Eaglets star's last club was CA Bastia in France and he was linked with other clubs before sealing the Malatyaspor move.
Mba was one of several home-based players in the Nigeria squad to the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations, but he emerged one of the stars of the country's triumph, scoring the only goal goal in the final.
Tags: Malatyaspor, Mba

www.completesportsnigeria.com/mba-joins-turkish-club-malatyaspor/

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 2:17pm On Jul 01, 2015
[b]Balogun Undergoes Fitness Tests At Mainz

By Johnny Edward:
Super Eagles right back Leon Balogun underwent series of rigorous fitness tests when he teamed up with his new side, FSV Mainz, for pre-season training on Tuesday, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.
The 26-year-old who joined FSV Mainz 05 from Bundesliga newcomers SV Darmstadt 98 on a three year deal, was also joined by other new signings; Danny Latza, Florian Niederlechner and Maximilian Beister in what was their first day in action as they got their Mainz careers underway.
The 05ers will be looking to build on last season's 11th-place finish under head coach Martin Schmidt, and have several new squad members in tow to help them do just that.
Balogun who has German and Nigerian heritage, was a key player for SV Darmstadt 98, making 21 appearances albeit scoring four goals.
The former Fortuna Düsseldorf defender has four caps for the Nigerian national team, the Super Eagles, since making his debut in March 2014.
“We were made aware of Leon Balogun during his time at Fortuna Düsseldorf, but then he suffered an injury which threw him off course. But a strong season with Darmstadt 98 put him back on our radar.
"He is a physically strong, dynamic right-back who can also play in the centre of defence. We are looking forward to having such a highly motivated, ambitious player, who is really passionate about playing in the Bundesliga,” says FSV Mainz sporting director Christian Heidel on the club's official website.[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/balogun-undergoes-fitness-tests-at-mainz/

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 2:36pm On Jul 01, 2015

Igiebor Dazzles In Maccabi’s Big Win

By Johnny Edward:
Nigerian midfielder Nosa Igiebor was a second half substitute in Maccabi Tel Aviv's 3-0 win over Serbian side FK Vozdovac Belgrade in their first pre-season game in Austria on Tuesday.
A brace from Eden Ben Basat and a brilliant strike from Tal ben Haim sealed a first win for Maccabi Tel Aviv's new coach Slavisa Jokanovic.
The 25 year old midfielder who helped the Israeli Champions to a treble last season is expected to feature prominently in Maccabi's next games against Diosgyori and Anzi Makhachkala.
Maccabi Tel Aviv will face Scottish side, Hibernians in the qualifying rounds of this season's UEFA Champions League.
Last season Igiebor scored three goals in 30 appearances in the Ligat ha'Al.

www.completesportsnigeria.com/igiebor-dazzles-in-maccabis-big-win/

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 2:40pm On Jul 01, 2015
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]Bright Dike Returns To Toronto FC.
[/fon]
Nigerian star Bright Dike has rejoined Toronto FC after his two months loan spell at NASL’s San Antonio Scorpions.
Dike, who has only played 20 minutes all season for Toronto FC, with one assist in that time hasn’t had the best of times since going down with an Achilles tear that kept him out of the Toronto line-up for most of the 2014 season and the World Cup in Brazil.
Completesportsnigeria.com reports that the 28-year-old Super Eagles star is Toronto’s fourth choice striker and he is expected to battle Robbie Findley and Luke Moore for the vacant striker spot.
It is a fight that Dike had been losing for most of the season, falling out of favour with manager Greg Vanney.
With USA forward Jozy Altidore also in the line-up, the Nigerian was Toronto’s fourth striker option.

www.completesportsnigeria.com/bright-dike-returns-to-toronto-fc/

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 2:49pm On Jul 01, 2015
[b]Ezekiel Too Expensive For Anderlecht
By Johnny Edward:
Anderlecht’s Sporting Director Herman Van Holsbeeck has hinted that they will drop their pursuit of Nigerian petit forward Imoh Ezekiel after admitting they cannot afford the wages of the Nigeria international.
Ezekiel who has been linked with a loan move to the Europa League campaigners is desperate to play in Europe in the coming season following the expiration of his loan spell at Standard Liege and Holsbeeck who sees the 21 year old as a perfect addition to the club admits the loan fee isn't affordable for the club.
"When a player of Ezekiel quality is available, Anderlecht will be on alert," he says.
"We were really interested in Imoh, but he is not feasible for us, nor rent, nor outright purchase. We cannot pay those prices," Herman Van Holsbeeck told Belgian website www.hln.be.
Meanwhile, Anderlecht’s coach, Besnik Hasi sees Ezekiel as an ideal addition to his side considering the 4-4-2 system he plays.
“The Nigerian star is good value for money and will be good for us,” Hasi was quoted.
Ezekiel who scored six goals and provided three assists in 13 games has also been linked with a return to Standard Liege. There have been reported moves by Fenerbahce and two unnamed German teams.[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/ezekiel-too-expensive-for-anderlecht/

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 2:52pm On Jul 01, 2015
[b]Sammy Ameobi Set For Wolves Loan Move

Newcastle's Nigerian winger Sammy Ameobi is set to extend his contract with the Magpies and then join Championship side, Wolverhampton Wanderers, on loan.
According to espnfc.co.uk, Ameobi's current deal expires at the end of this month and he would be free to join another club, but the 23-year-old is expected to sign a new deal and then be sent out on loan.
A host of clubs, including Real Sociedad, Crystal Palace and West Brom have reportedly expressed an interest in Ameobi, but the former England junior international, who is eligible to play for the Super Eagles like his elder brother Shola, has opted to stay at St James' Park.
Newcastle are thought to be willing to send Ameobi out on loan next season so that he can play regular first-team football and the news has alerted several Championship clubs.
Cardiff were hoping to land Ameobi on loan, but it appears Wolves have stolen a march on their Championship rivals by making a move to bring the winger to Molineux.
Wolves boss Kenny Jackett sees Ameobi as an ideal replacement for Bakary Sako after the Mali international left the club upon the expiration of his contract.
Ameobi has scored four goals in 66 first team appearances, including a loan spell with Middlesbrough during 2013.[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/sammy-ameobi-set-for-wolves-loan-move/

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 3:02pm On Jul 01, 2015

Genoa Win Joel Obi Race

By Johnny Edward:
Nigeria midfielder, Joel Chukwuma Obi is close to making a switch from Inter Milan to Genoa, according to a report on calciomercato.com.
Reports in Italy say the Nigerian is discussing personal terms with the modest Serie A side with a view to having an increment in his pay package.
A host of Serie A sides had expressed interest in the Nigerian after he was declared surplus to requirements at Inter with two newly promoted-Serie A sides, Carpi and Frosinone, leading the chase for the Nerazzurri midfielder, but seem to have lost out to Genoa who first signaled their interest in the player last April.
Last season, Obi scored once in 17 appearances for the Nerazzurri in all competitions.

www.completesportsnigeria.com/genoa-win-joel-obi-race/

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 3:40pm On Jul 01, 2015
[b]With Petr Čech, Didier Drogba & John Obi Mikel all leaving this summer, Chelsea have lost 10 of their 2012 UCL final starting XI.
@Keyleowalter
What do you think?
John Obi Mikel’s time at Chelsea looks to be finally coming to an end. After a Champions League, Europa League, two Premier Leagues, four FA Cups and two League Cups, he has been linked with a move to the UAE. The much-maligned Mikel is still worth far more than disappearing into the career graveyard of the Middle East and sides around Europe should be jumping at the chance to sign the Nigerian.
Mikel’s future should not be thought of as being a reject or sub-standard, as he is neither. Chelsea would surely opt keep hold of the midfielder if not for the current set of circumstances, and his lack of game time is down to not being as good as Nemanja Matic rather than anything else - hardly meaning he is short of class.
Matic, being possibly the best defensive-midfielder in the world, is going to stand in the way of whoever is challenging for his position at Stamford Bridge. The presence of the Serbian has, understandably, made Mikel look elsewhere in a search for regular first-team action.
Mikel’s quality is deserving of at least top 10 football at the very least, and clubs in Europe of such ambition should be looking at the Chelsea man. His experience at the very top of European football and pressure situations in the biggest English games will leave him in good stead for whatever the next step in his career may be. Mikel has also demonstrated his ability to take over as a more senior figure in his national side - his performances in leading Nigeria to the African Cup of Nations showed a more expansive side to his game that many were unaware he had.
As we saw a new side to Mikel, he unfortunately never quite replicated this in the strict regime of Jose Mourinho at Chelsea. Luckily, the video below gives another chance to see Mikel’s flash side.
The lower price of Mikel gives a better value option compared to many defensive midfielders currently around. While the Nigerian comes across as limited to some, his experience cannot be overlooked with several sides looking a tad lightweight in midfield ahead of the new season.
Having just turned 28, Mikel is likely to have not yet peaked for a player in his position. His ability to read the game is consistently improving and his performance in Chelsea’s Champions League Final win over Bayern Munich is one of the best displays of his career as Chelsea faced a German barrage.
Given the freedom in a more expansive side, Mikel would show his ability to pick a pass and begin to dominate games in midfield, as he does for Nigeria. Always a bit part player at Stamford Bridge, he has the opportunity to seize the next move in his career and fulfil the potential that caused the transfer controversy when he moved to England from Lyn.
As a player never really blessed with pace, age is unlikely to be of detriment to Mikel. He will bring with him a good record regarding injuries and could be one of the signings of the summer.[/b]

www.footballfancast.com/football-blogs/this-chelsea-outcast-should-be-one-of-the-in-demand-transfer-targets

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 3:54pm On Jul 01, 2015
[b]
Keshi, Siasia Not Members of Nigeria Coaches Association –Bewarang
Bitrus Bewarang is the current President of Nigeria Football Coaches Association (NFCA) and General Manager of Plateau United. He is also a former Assistant Super Eagles Coach. He spoke toJOEL AJAYIon why the association cannot stick out its neck for Stephen Keshi and also the reason Nigerian coaches struggle at international outings.
Why do many Nigerian coaches perform below expecta­tion with their teams at international competitions?
It is really unfortunate, especially in Nigeria; every time we see failures before we start criticizing. I don’t know the level you want our coaches to excel, many coaches who had worked at the national level as well lo­cal level as I am talking to you are yet to collect their rewards. Although, many of our coaches failed at the vital area but we expect that at least credit should be giv­en when we lose. Don’t castigate us, instead encourage them. I’m very disappointed with somebody who says Nigerian coaches collect bribe; he said he gave bribe to the coaches for them to take his player and because they did not perform well, there is noise everywhere. If they have succeeded nobody will hear anything. Our law punishes the giver and taker but Nigerians are not help­ing the society.
As president of the Coaches Association of Nigeria, what do you do to any coach who takes bribe?
I hate this issue of corruption in Nigerian football and that is why our football does not attract fans or spectators to come and watch us; because the games are no longer interesting. We cannot get sponsors to sponsor our matches. That is my concern. Mind you, in my club, if I hear any case of a player giving money to a coach, both the coach and the player are sacked instantly, and I want to say it, once there is evidence, I will take the steps to any level to see that such a coach is severely punished. Once we have evidence such coach or player will be adequately punished, that is what we have been preaching against over the years.
Coaches Manu Garba and Uduka Ugbade were alleged to have compromised to take some players to the last under 20 World Cup in New Zealand. Have you set up a panel to investigate them?
I spoke with my Vice President and in­structed him to let us get the facts about the issue and to be frank, we don’t want to rush on it. We want to explore every angle to the story before we now set up a com­mittee, we cannot just go and shout and at the end of the day we look stupid. And at the same time, we don’t want to open our mouths and be defending coaches when there is shit at their buttocks. We are in­vestigating; I have directed my vice presi­dent to follow up these issues and I bet it with you if they are found culpable, they will be adequately punished.
Technically, people say Nigerian coaches are not good and we saw Manu Garba as well as Edwin Okon perform below expectations at the recent tournaments. How would you react to this, are Nigerian coaches that poor?
Let me tell you, everybody needs training and re-training. After the U-17 World Cup won by Manu, what step was taken to see that he got more training before he started coaching Under-20? They moved him to another level, how much has the NFF trained him at the level he is going?
So, don’t just blame coaches: in as much as you blame the coaches let us think about administration. I am not blaming them, but let the administration also take a step that can improve coaches.
Coaches have to pay themselves to attend CAF cours­es, meanwhile development funds had been sent by FIFA but we can only hear about the money, but the money is not used for what it is meant for. They don’t sponsor us and if we continue to delay Nigerian coaches will go be­hind our African brothers. So we are trying as much as possible to see that we wake everybody up, we need to ed­ucate ourselves and train ourselves more.
Now that those opportunities are not forthcoming from NFF, as an association leader, what are you doing to ameliorate this?
We have determined to send some of our coaches for training abroad at the end of the season and by the grace of God as soon as the season ends, you will see that.[/b]

Continue from the next post.....
nationalmirroronline.net/new/keshi-siasia-not-members-of-nigeria-coaches-association-bewarang/

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 4:04pm On Jul 01, 2015
[b]Continue from the last post....

Some coaches said the Nigerian Coaches Association is almost non-existent and there is no unity; faction everywhere. What is your opinion on that, is it true there are factions?
If you talk about factions everywhere, I think I will disagree. I came in two years back as a president of Nige­ria Coaches Association and I have toured all the zones to unite our members. The fact is that there are some who make a lot of noise. When you check them, they are not financial members and they talk the loudest and so, I want to set this record right, we are not in the system to make the much noise and we are trying as much as possible to get sponsors to sponsor our programmes, our executive meeting and to attend our congresses. So, this is what we are doing to see that we stream line things. Mind you, for the past 10 years the association has been in limbo and we are trying to wake-up and see that we unite.
How much support do you get from NFF?
We are collaborating; they even sent some of our coaches to UK, and we are waiting for the second batch, so at least we are cooperating.
Coach Stephen Keshi has been alleged to have applied for a job in Cote d’Ivoire while having a job at hand. Is Keshi not one of your members?
Well, that is really unfortunate. I have tried to speak to national coaches in general that they should be financial members because they at the professional level can help the association with some of the finances to get some of our programmes done. I spoke personally to Samson Sia­sia and he told me okay coach. And he promised to come and join, he said we should give him one month that he will turn a new leaf. Most of these national coaches are my players. If they become our members, we will stick our necks for them, that is advantage of being a member of association. Our hands are tied, when they are not our members and something terrible is happening to them, we cannot do anything.
Some of the coaches that have been sacked here and there, some of them are now saying ‘let the coaches as­sociation come to their rescue’ How can we do that when they are not our members? We told them that at the be­ginning of the season that, please send your contract pa­pers to the association so, that whenever something happens we will stand for them. Do you believe that there are some of them who did not even have written contract.
As for Stephen Keshi, as far as I am con­cerned he is not our member.
As a former national coach, is Keshi right to apply for job elsewhere while he is on contract?
I don’t know; I don’t want to comment on something I don’t know the details, but what I am reading in the papers is that they have called him and he has denied that there is nothing like that. For God’s sake can you leave the matter, let the NFF investigate him and if they find him guilty, then they take neces­sary punishment against him. But I know as a coach, it happened to me when I was looking for job, I threw my CV everywhere.[/b]

nationalmirroronline.net/new/keshi-siasia-not-members-of-nigeria-coaches-association-bewarang/

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 4:08pm On Jul 01, 2015
Hearts Close in on Nigeria Defender Juwon Oshaniwa

HEARTS are close to securing the signature of Nigerian defender Juwon Oshaniwa.
Oshaniwa is believed to be heading to Tynecastle on a three-year contract having received a work permit.
The 24-year-old, who represented his country at the 2014 World Cup, is a free agent after leaving Israeli club FC Ashdod. He can play at both centre back and left back.
Oshaniwa told the AfricanFootball.com website: “I am very happy with the development. Going to play in Scotland is a good move for me.
“The profession is about movement and I am looking forward to joining the team and moving to a bigger level. It’s a sign of better days ahead for me.”
Oshaniwa would become the Tynecastle club’s fourth signing of the summer, joining Gavin Reilly, Juanma Delgado and fellow defender Blazej Augustyn.

www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-close-in-on-nigeria-defender-juwon-oshaniwa-1-3817886

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 4:12pm On Jul 01, 2015
[b]… As Amodu, Pinnick disagree on Eagles’ coach

Following his official assumption as the National Technical Director of the Nigeria Football Federation, former Nigeria coach Amodu Shuaibu has contradicted his employers by insisting he will not be interfering with the selection of players for the Super Eagles.
NFF President Amaju Pinnick had a couple of weeks ago, stated that henceforth, Stephen Keshi would no longer be solely responsible for selecting players for the Super Eagles and would have to liaise with both the technical study group and the Technical Director, but Amodu, a former Super Eagles coach himself, disagrees with that, and insists only Keshi will be responsible for his team selections.
“It is not my purview to select players for national team coaches,” Amodu said, in disagreement with Pinnick, “It is their (coaches) responsibility.
“All I think I need to do is to ensure I work with them so that the best is always available to play for Nigeria,” Amodu added.
The 57-year old was on Monday, handed his letter of appointment which makes him the National Technical Director for the next four years and there were subtle suggestions he might be influencing team selections for national team coaches especially Stephen Keshi’s, but he says only the coaches can pick players for their respective teams.[/b]

sunnewsonline.com/new/as-amodu-pinnick-disagree-on-eagles-coach/

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 4:18pm On Jul 01, 2015
[b]
Nigeria: Sanusi - Why NFF is Owing Staff, Hotels
By David Ngobua

General Secretary of the Nigeria Football Federation, Dr. Mohammed Sanusi has said the federation is owing its staff and some hotels because it prefers to pay its players and coaches promptly.
Speaking to Daily Trust, the scribe said due to paucity of funds, the federation is owing its staff who had travelled for official assignments and for the same reason he said the football is indebted to some of the hotels where the national teams were camped.
Sanusi said it is the policy of the federation to always give priority attention to players and officials of the national teams as he said the NFF ensures they are paid as soon as they finish playing a match.
His words "NFF is financially not buoyant. As a result we owe staff a lot of money. Staff who travel for official assignments have not been paid. We also owe hotels that we camp our players and we have not paid.
"What we try to do it to ensure that we do not owe our players. Once they finish playing we make sure that they are paid. We can owe ourselves but we cannot owe our players".
Sanusi therefore said what the NFF is trying to do at the moment is to service some of the aforementioned debts.
"So what we are trying to do now is whatever we get, we try to service our debts. There are some debts that have been there for over four to five years. What we are doing is to try and reduce them. It will take us time but gradually we shall settle our debts," he said.[/b]

allafrica.com/stories/201507010859.html?viewall=1
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 4:22pm On Jul 01, 2015
[b]
Nigeria: NFF to Telecast All NPFL Matches Live. By David Ngobua and Joshua Odeyemi

The 1st Vice President of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), Mr. Seyi Akinwunmi has said that the Federation is already making plans to have all matches in the country's apex football league to be shown live on television.
Akinwumi, who was speaking against the backdrop of allegation of sharp practices by officiating officials, explained that live telecast of all league matches would reduce malpractices by the referees.
Meanwhile General Secretary of the NFF, Mohammed Sanusi has assured that anyone found guilty in the alleged match fixing in the Week 9 match of the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) will be punished.
Sanusi, who gave the assurance at a press conference at the Abuja National Stadium yesterday, said that the allegation will not be swept under the carpet, as an investigative panel had already been set up to look into the allegation.
According to Sanusi: "We will get to the bottom of this issue. I promise you, the outcome of the investigation will be made known."
Football governing body, FIFA had questioned the performance of the officials in the game between FC Ifeanyi Ubah and Sharks of Port-Harcourt and has allegedly instructed NFF to investigate same.
Similarly, the Chairman of League Management Company (LMC), Shehu Dikko said: "We at the league have taken it [the allegation] seriously and if anyone is found guilty, he will be punished."
He however declined to give details of the investigation, maintaining that such action could undermine the investigation process.
While noting that the LMC was making efforts to improve the league, Dikko enjoined the mass media to help in projecting the league in good light.[/b]

allafrica.com/stories/201507010782.html?viewall=1
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 4:31pm On Jul 01, 2015
[b]
Sinclair Drums Support for Keshi

By George Aluo
Veteran football coach, Monday Sinclair says he sees the Super Eagles not only qualifying for the AFCON 2017 Nations Cup but conquering the continent again as they did in South Africa 2013.
Sinclair in an exclusive chat with Daily Sunsports said all Super Eagles manager, Stephen Keshi needs to re enact his South Africa 2013 feat with the team is the support of his employers, the NFF and Nigerians.
His words: “I believe all Keshi needs to get the job done is the support of his employers, the NFF. Nigerians should also understand that Keshi needs time to build a new team that can take on Africa. If we support him (Keshi) , I m sure we will not only qualify for AFCON 2017 but go there to win the cup again as we did in 2013. The NFF should stop distracting the coach and the players. We may not have played well again Chad, but the truth is that it takes time to build a solid team. It doesn’t happen over night and Nigerians must learn to be patient. If Keshi was to be a foreign coach, we will all rally round him, so let’s give that same level of support to our own man.”
Sinclair said the country is blessed with an avalanche of talented players insisting that Keshi should be able to assemble a team that can rule Africa again if he remains on the same page with the NFF.
“My take is that we will succeed if they all work together. Our biggest problem is that there are some people within who don’t want to see the coach succeed. I wouldn’t want to mention names, but that is the truth,” Sinclair said.
The Eagles are billed to take on Tanzania in their next AFCON 2017 Nations Cup qualifier away in Dare Salam. They would after that game host Egypt early next year. Only one country will qualify from the group that also includes Chad.[/b]

sunnewsonline.com/new/sinclair-drums-support-for-keshi/

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 4:35pm On Jul 01, 2015
[b]
NFF Threatens to Review Glo Sponsorship Deal

From ROMANUS UGWU, Abuja
The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has sounded a note of warning that it will review the sponsorship deal between the League Management Company (LMC) and telecommunication giants, Globacom Telecoms.
Speaking during a press conference held in Abuja yesterday concerning the exclusivity of the telecoms giants in sponsoring the leagues and national teams, the first Vice President of the football federation Seyi Akinwunmi noted that though Glo deserved commendations for the efforts so far, however plans are underway to review the sponsorship deal at the end of its expiration by the end of this year.
According to him; “You have to understand the constraint involved in the contract. It is very difficult for you if you don’t have the fund to start eyeballing your sponsor. So, we need to be careful and manage that relationship very well particularly because Glo has been doing a lot to promote Nigerian football.
“No matter what the flaws are, you cannot ignore that. One of the issues that has been of serious controversy is whether the lower leagues can get another sponsors. The sponsorship with Globacom ends this year and if they are going to continue with Glo, the contract needs to be reviewed so that everybody knows clearly what and what is involved.
“But we cannot push our luck too far at the moment in discussing the issue concerning the contract. We have to be sure that whatever it will be reviewed, there must be clarity on the status of the contract of the leagues,” he noted.
… Thumbs up LMC on league reforms
It was day of eulogy for the League Management Company (LMC) yesterday as the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) showered encomium on the league management body over the steps taken so far to reposition the Nigerian Globacom premier League.
The First Vice President of the federation, Barrister Seyi Akinwumi, had while giving a progress report on the domestic league competitions described as unprecedented the successes LMC recorded within the last 14 weeks of the current league season, arguing that it had surpassed the previous records since the establishment of the premier league in 1990.
He maintained that records available showed that the 2015/2016 season of the league had witnessed record statistics of 14 away wins and 37 draws in the 24 weeks of the league
Akinwumi further said that new synergy existing between the LMC and the NFF which led to the reorganization of the referees appointment committee was responsible for the great improvement and achievement in the officiating of the league.
His words: “We decided at the NFF some time ago that part of the reasons the League has not grown to what it is supposed to be is because there has been no synergy between the league and the NFF the way it should be.”
“In the past, it used to be as if they were in parallel lines that could not meet, yet football in Nigeria belongs to the NFF. The league is been run specifically through a licence by the NFF, which means we are one family, that is why the chairman of the league sits at the executive board of the NFF. So, we decided that we will ensure that we bring back the league family so that we can together groom the league,” Akinwumi noted.
Speaking earlier, the chairman of the League Management Company (LMC), Shehu Dikko, noted that the LMC and NFF was moving in one direction as well as working hand in hand to develop the league, stressing that match assessors, delegates and secret monitors are sent every week to secretly monitor the league and the performance of referees at the various centers.[/b]

sunnewsonline.com/new/nff-threatens-to-review-glo-sponsorship-deal/

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 01, 2015
The NFF has responded to recent calls led by former Super Eagles Captain Sunday Oliseh for all official matches of the team be returned to the National Stadium in Lagos by waving all such suggestions.

In a chat with www.footballlive.ng 1st vice president of the NFF, Seyi Akinwunmi reduced the suggestions to merely the opinion of a single ex-footballer.

The Federation picked Kaduna’s Ahmadu Bello Stadium for the Afcon qualifier against Chad in June and Akinwunmi identified several factors the Federation takes into consideration before venues for games are selected.

” We have to consider the suitability of the venues, Sometimes the Stadia we’ve been asked to use aren’t even suitable before these games. We have to consider finance, consider ability to host, its a plethora of things we even have to consider the climate,these are a few of the things we look at before picking a venue for a game,” Barrister Akinwunmi explained.

” We understand Oliseh has played football and is entitled to his views but he’s just one Nigerian like I am. Things are done gradually, nothing is cast with a stone, so it might be that come next year we spread these games to a number of venues we’ve never been to.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 10:47am On Jul 02, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Onazi Apologises to NFF, Appeals $5,000 Fine
[/size]
Super Eagles’ midfielder Ogenyi Onazi has formally apologized to the Nigeria Football Federation for his on-field action that led to a straight red card in last month’s 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying match against Chad in Kaduna.
In a letter dated 30th June, 2015 and addressed to the NFF General Secretary, the SS Lazio of Italy playmaker wrote: “Sequel to your letter REF: NFF/OGS/Admin/Vol.V/009, I hereby tender an unreserved apology with respect to my conduct which led to my dismissal in the game against Chad in Kaduna.
“I accept the fact that my act was tantamount to an unacceptable one on the field of play. However, I want to inform you that my action on the pitch was not premeditated and was only a reaction to a violent attack on me by the Chadian player, who hit me from behind while I was standing outside the penalty box.
“In addition, I had tendered an unreserved apology immediately after the match via my official social media accounts, as well as in the traditional media, to my teammates and to Nigerians who felt let down by an act they considered surprising because of my reputation in that regard.
“Also, I had volunteered to attend the two matches that I have since been punished for by CAF both at home and away, to support my teammates. I believe this is an amenable punishment and therefore appeal for the further fine of $5,000 that was imposed on me by the NFF.”[/b]

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/onazi-apologises-to-nff-appeals-5000-fine/

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 11:30am On Jul 02, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
U.S Makes FIFA Extradition Request
[/size]
The United States has asked Switzerland to extradite seven FIFA officials arrested on corruption charges in May, Swiss authorities have said.
Formal extradition requests were submitted on Wednesday, the Swiss Federal Office of Justice (FOJ) said.
The seven top FIFA executives arrested in Zurich are among 14 officials indicted on charges of “rampant, systemic, and deep-rooted” corruption, the BBC reports.
The charges follow a major inquiry by the U.S Federal Bureau of Investigation.
The FOJ said Zurich police, acting on its behalf, would give the seven officials a hearing over the extradition requests.
The officials and their lawyers would have 14 days to respond to the request, which could be extended “if sufficient grounds exist,” the FOJ statement said.
After that, the FOJ would give its decision “within a few weeks”, but warned of a lengthy process as any ruling could be challenged in both the federal criminal court and the federal supreme court.
Jeffrey Webb, FIFA vice-president in charge of North and Central America, was among those arrested by Swiss police in a raid on a luxury hotel in the early hours of May 27
They are currently being held in prisons around the Zurich region.
The suspects are among 14 defendants the U.S has charged with racketeering, wire fraud, and money laundering conspiracies.[/b]

thenationonlineng.net/new/u-s-makes-fifa-extradition-request/
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 11:35am On Jul 02, 2015
[size=14pt]
FIFA Free Window: Eagles to Get African Foes
[/size]
•Game slated for September
•Venue, country not decided
Super Eagles’ players and officials will definitely be involved in the next FIFA free window for international matches later in September with their opponents being an undisclosed African country.
Sportinglife scooped that the agents of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) have been told specifically to scout for African team since the games ahead of the Eagles involve African countries.
It was gathered further that the particular country to confront the Eagles isn’t decided although a couple of teams from the continent are currently discussing with NFF’s agents on logistics such as the venue.
Also to be discussed are the modalities of the game to decide if it would be a two-legged tie. In that case, the two countries through their agents would decide who plays first and when the return leg would be played.

thenationonlineng.net/new/fifa-free-window-eagles-to-get-african-foes/

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 11:43am On Jul 02, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Leon Balogun Returns to Training With Mainz
[/size]
SUPER Eagles defender, Leon Balogun and his 17 other teammates had their first pre-season training sessions with FSV Mainz coaching crew at the Bruchwegstadion on Tuesday.
The right full-back who opt for FSV Mainz ahead of Hamburger had several training sessions which include cycling and other training routine.
FSV Mainz 05 right back Leon Balogun underwent series of rigorous fitness tests when he teamed up with his new side for pre-season training FC Naija has gathered.
The Nigerian international who joined Bundesliga newcomers SV Darmstadt 98 on a three-year deal is been seen as an addition.
Coach Martin Schmidt said the 26-year-old is a flexible defender who could play across the back four.
“In Leon Balogun we have found an aggressive, strong-tackling full back, but who is also flexible across the back-four. He is a nice, intelligent guy who will not just enhance our team on the pitch, but also in the changing room.”
Meanwhile, Balogun is desperate to kick-start his Bundesliga career with the club.
“I’m looking forward to the upcoming challenge. Mainz 05 has established itself in the Bundesliga in the last few years, just like I’d like to do. This is a very good opportunity for me, and I am very happy and proud to be part of the 05s,” Leon Balogun added.
He was also joined by other new signings Danny Latza, Florian Niederlechner and Maximilian Beister in what was their first day in action as they got their respective Mainz careers underway.[/b]

thenationonlineng.net/new/leon-balogun-returns-to-training-with-mainz/

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 11:51am On Jul 02, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
NFF, NPFL Plan to Storm Governors’ Forum
[/size]
Chairman of the Nigeria Professional Football League Shehu Dikko has revealed that the Nigeria elite league led by the leadership of the Nigeria Football Federation has concluded plans to storm the Governors Forum of Nigeria to make presentations to the governors in Nigeria how they can help the league and the clubs owned by the state governments.
The elite league boss disclosed this in a joint parley with the NFF at a media briefing held at the Media Center of the Abuja National Stadium yesterday.
“We have arrangement to make presentations to the Governor’s forum as a group because that is how to solve a lot of problems these clubs may be having (since majority of the clubs are owned by the states). We didn’t want to make it public until we have done it. ‘We already have consultations with some governors and they are eager to help. The question is not about the premier league clubs alone. If a state doesn’t have a club in the Nigeria Professional Football League such state will surely have a club in either the Nigeria National League or the Nigeria Nationwide League.
Dikko assured that the discussions with the governors would be based on “the Nigeria Football Federation will have to make a presentation to the governors at the Forum based on these are the things we believe the clubs should do and this is how the clubs can go about it to achieve success. “We need to work as a group and it is a long plan to bring private sector to invest more in Nigerian leagues. We are going to do that. We will even bring along with us some clubs when we are going to the meeting with the Governors’ Forum so that they can explain the kind of problems they go through. If you know the kind of issues some clubs go through as club chairmen regardless of what you feel about them you will also give them some credits.
“For instance if a state governor has not paid his workers for six to eight months so what will the club say and the clubs are owned by these states. Until when we get to a point in our leagues where we can do away the states (in involvement and sponsorships) we have no choice than to agree on some models. The state governments can provide some structures, get some interested companies within the states to invest in the clubs. They can do what will call club membership where fans pay fees to be members to help such club or clubs. A real lot could be done within a state. These are part of what will present and discuss with the governors”, Dikko.[/b]

thenationonlineng.net/new/nff-npfl-plan-to-storm-governors-forum/

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 11:55am On Jul 02, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Omeruo Gingers Golden Eaglets
[/size]
Super Eagles’ defender, Kenneth Omeruo on yesterday made a surprise visit to the Golden Eaglets’ training session at the NFF/FIFA Goal Project Pitch in Abuja, with a clarion call on the players to push themselves hard to attain stardom.
Omeruo, a member of the silver-winning Golden Eaglets at the 2009 FIFA U-17 World Cup hosted by Nigeria, told the budding youngsters desirous of making the Chile-bound 2015 World Cup team to count themselves very lucky, adding that only hard work and prayers can see them through.
“My mission here today is to come and encourage you. From my own experience, it is only hard work that can get you to the top,” said the Chelsea defender who is on loan at Middlesbrough in the English Premier League. “I met a huge crowd more than what I saw here today when I came for the Golden Eaglets screening in 2009; though we, Nigerians believe you must know somebody to make it, I was able to make the team and got to play through hard work and prayers.”
Speaking further, he enjoined the players to guide against acts of indiscipline and listen attentively to the instructions of the technical crew.
Golden Eaglets’ captain Kelechi Nwakali, who spoke on behalf of the players, thanked Omeruo for the encouraging visit, pledging that the youngsters would tow the inspiring path of the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) winner.
“We are happy that you are here today to give us useful advice, you are our hero and we are going to do everything you have told us in order to make Nigeria proud in Chile,” Nwakali added.
Coach Emmanuel Amuneke rounded off the session by also commending Omeruo even as he praised the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) for its support to the Golden Eaglets.
“Once again, I want to use this opportunity to thank the NFF for giving me the good people I’m working with because their experiences have been of tremendous help in moulding these boys,” noted the former African Footballer of the Year. “We are not only teaching these boys how to play football but we want them to be useful in the society in future and I want to thank the technical crew and backroom staff in this regard.”
The 1996 Olympic football gold medal winner further said the Golden Eaglets technical crew was making painstaking efforts in selection of the players due to the obvious challenges at this level, adding that he was confident Nigeria would be difficult to beat in Chile come October.[/b]

thenationonlineng.net/new/omeruo-gingers-golden-eaglets/

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (161) (Reply)

Difference Btw Handicap 0:1 And Handicap 1:0 / Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) / Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 169
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.