Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB (67399 Views)

8 Times Buhari Messed A Handshake Up / The People That Ran Buhari's Media Campaign Pictured With GMB / Fashola, Amaechi,Others At An 'Evening For Nigeria With GMB+Osinbajo' In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by chamboy(m): 9:43pm On May 15, 2015
dovelike:
Mallams
wat ur own with hausa
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by chamboy(m): 9:43pm On May 15, 2015
dovelike:

Did I say something was wrong?
Yes u did...
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by martineverest(m): 9:43pm On May 15, 2015
Oshiomole was a muslim b4 his late ishan wife converted him to xtian...his mother aishat oshiomole is still a muslim.they are the edo north senatorial district(afemai ppl)
Borrussia:
This is new to me.

3 Likes

Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by chamboy(m): 9:44pm On May 15, 2015
dovelike:

Lol. Thank you
Abegiii
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by martineverest(m): 9:44pm On May 15, 2015
Oshiomole was a muslim b4 his late ishan wife converted him to xtian...his mother aishat oshiomole is still a muslim.they are the edo north senatorial district(afemai ppl).third largest ethnic group in edo
Borrussia:
This is new to me.
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by HRich(m): 9:45pm On May 15, 2015
Aboki things

i will farm in this empty land after may 29
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by NaMe4: 9:47pm On May 15, 2015
Borrussia:
This isn't a bigot, I just find it hard to believe that Igbo's can allow Muslim as their ruler.

Oga! Edos are NOT Igbos. Where you dey get all that from?

4 Likes

Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by olachelsea1(m): 9:48pm On May 15, 2015
wow....he look more confidence n cute.
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by martineverest(m): 9:50pm On May 15, 2015
Liar.....its only edo north(afemai people)
BUSHHUNTER:
Majority of edo natives are muslims except for the few converted ones

1 Like

Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by IYANGBALI: 9:51pm On May 15, 2015
kestolove95:
See fine boy nd fine man
home alert
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by AreaFada2: 9:52pm On May 15, 2015
akthedream:
I think the right word is Chief....each village in Edo state has their Chief..some rotate it from one family to the other after death..while it rotates withing a particular family in some villages..I am a proud Edo guy...but first,I am a Nigerian.

You are right, but since the loss of Benin Empire in 1897 and the coming of colonial rule, former vassal chiefdoms began to gain more independence.

In fact, as one of the conditions to restore Benin monarchy in 1914, the British insisted that Prince Ovbiudu (later Oba EwekaII) should sign away his control over former Benin Provinces in Ekiti, Ondo, some parts of current Edo State that are outside Bini speaking areas, Delta (including Warri). And he had no choice. Control over Lagos was already lost in the 1860s with the removal of Kosoko as Eleko.

But later, the British realised that the idea wasn't that brilliant as succession dispute became common. The British then realised that the best place to solve such disputes, is in Oba of Benin's palace. Since most of those chiefs/dukes were created or confirmed by previous Obas of Benin.

Some of those former vassal chiefs/dukes gradually lobbied their way with Nigerian establishment to be raised to second class and gradually even first class king.

4 Likes

Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by danie09(m): 9:58pm On May 15, 2015
martineverest:
sorry you lied bro am a bini man from benin city my family has no root or connection whatsoever to the afemais yet we are muslims even generations past are muslims.
Am sure you ve heard of the former UBA boss Bello Osagie, he's a muslim and proudly bini guy.
Edo state is just like a typical south-west states, alarge portion of the indegenes practice islam and a large portion practice christianity

1 Like

Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by LEXYCOM: 9:58pm On May 15, 2015
Borrussia:
Edo has two kings, my state(lagos) only has one.
Deputy king I supposed

1 Like

Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by terefe(m): 9:58pm On May 15, 2015
teufelein:
the zoo aka nigeria, a country of absurdities.where on earth do you have kings in a republic? just name one.
england, spain , Netherlands etc all have kings! Iyen tun ko?!
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by Nobody: 9:59pm On May 15, 2015
dovelike:
Mallams
yes we are
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by Nobody: 10:00pm On May 15, 2015
Borrussia:
Edo state king is a Muslim
The guy is not the king of Edo. He's the king of a village in Edo

2 Likes

Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by DExplorer1: 10:01pm On May 15, 2015
nickxtra:
The young man is the the Ogieneni of Uzairue, where Oshionole comes from, while the middle man is the Otaru of Auchi.
I know Uzairue should be a town/city, what does the bolded mean?
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by MichaelSokoto(m): 10:03pm On May 15, 2015
Lamispaco:
Lol....Vote Twaci Miss Nairaland 2015,Now go F urself

#Abasha
U dis sumall boi u deh try me oo!
U deh try me oo! Ip I vex, ip I vex walahi talahi u nor gor like me oo!
grin
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by philips70(m): 10:04pm On May 15, 2015
Borrussia:
This is new to me.

If you go to Edo north you will think you are in Kano. No difference.
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by Nobody: 10:06pm On May 15, 2015
chamboy:
Abegiii
Jealousyy
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by chamboy(m): 10:08pm On May 15, 2015
dovelike:

Jealousyy
yes... I dey beef ehn

1 Like

Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by Moana(f): 10:08pm On May 15, 2015
teufelein:
the zoo aka nigeria, a country of absurdities.where on earth do you have kings in a republic? just name one.
swaziland still has a king and Britain has Queen Elizabeth undecided
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by homesteady(m): 10:10pm On May 15, 2015
danie09:
sorry you lied bro am a bini man from benin city my family has no root or connection whatsoever to the afemais yet we are muslims even generations past are muslims.
Am sure you ve heard of the former UBA boss Bello Osagie, he's a muslim and proudly bini guy.
Edo state is just like a typical south-west states, alarge portion of the indegenes practice islam and a large portion practice christianity

There are igbos that are Muslims, but does it mean that Islam is a dominant religion there? No!
It's only in Edo North side that Muslims are dominant, that why some of their traditional rulers are even called Emirs and others that are not called Emirs dress like one!

3 Likes

Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by Nobody: 10:11pm On May 15, 2015
Nigerian kings dress horribly bad! angry
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by mandax: 10:14pm On May 15, 2015
MichaelSokoto:
Dats my amiable General! smiley

Pls all those goonz trollin every FP-bound thread 'n pastin "vote Twaci, vote Tohpahz", if una near hia ehn, na fresh hand made thunder go fire dat pesin! Straaaaiiight!

Iranu!

I wish people like you have your own country where army generals rule you - one general after the other after overthrowing a democratically elected president rules you, gets money and political connection, retires or get bolted out, then come back when democracy is restored to ask you to elect him president. And you elect him president.

People like you are liabilities to others in a fast advancing country.

1 Like

Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by BUSHHUNTER: 10:16pm On May 15, 2015
martineverest:

funny....I know much number of peeps who are eshan and they are muslims...even some few benin people

1 Like

Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by Princefame1: 10:22pm On May 15, 2015
As i don make front page NA GODWIN....
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by Princefame1: 10:34pm On May 15, 2015
BUSHHUNTER:

funny....I know much number of peeps who are eshan and they are muslims...even some few benin people

EDo north is dominated by muslims, in other parts of d state muslims are d minority...
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by Nobody: 10:34pm On May 15, 2015
iAmCharis:
The guy is not the king of Edo. He's the king of a village in Edo
I thought so.

2 Likes

Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by teufelein(f): 10:38pm On May 15, 2015
terefe:
england, spain , Netherlands etc all have kings! Iyen tun ko?!

a dark monkey remains a dark baboon, u're not a learned mind and i refuse categorical to engage you in a creative communication. go and read up on those countries you avered first.
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by arazanbal: 10:41pm On May 15, 2015
nickxtra:
Edo state has different autonomous chiefs, for instance the Oba of Benin covers the whole of Bini(Edo South), Auchi as clan has its Otaru, so is the Ogieneni for Uzairue, Okuokpellagbe of Okpella, the Onwueweko of Okpekpe, etc. The Edo Traditional Council has the Oba of Benin as the permanent head.

Dnt say wht u dnt knw by lukin at papers or wht pple post here,nd i dnt tink u r even a binu guy or risides in benin, u dere not conpare d oba of benin wit dis kings as pare say,dis are subject to d oba,d acient binis hav been ib existence b4 dis clans wr born,whr did u tink edo means,it literally mean bini language,dnt hav much time to go into history

1 Like

Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by Bamz(m): 10:42pm On May 15, 2015
gebest:
he is the OGIENERI OF UZAIRUE he assumed that throne at a very tender age when he lost his dad, he attended greater tomorrow secondary school benin city, he was born 1980.

Oshe Mr. CIA Officer cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pictures Of Peter Obi Alighting From ANAP Jet Despite Denial / Kenneth Okonkwo Disqualified By APC Over Failure To Buy N22M Nomination Form / Photos Of Tompolo's Shrine And House In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.