Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,161 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB (67437 Views)

8 Times Buhari Messed A Handshake Up / The People That Ran Buhari's Media Campaign Pictured With GMB / Fashola, Amaechi,Others At An 'Evening For Nigeria With GMB+Osinbajo' In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by tpiadotcom: 6:06pm On May 16, 2015
nwaezeubom:

it does not matter, nupe/fulan/housa. don't think u are impervious.

who are you talking to?
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by tpiadotcom: 6:18pm On May 16, 2015
Princefame1:
The youngest king ever as far as Edo north and Edo state is
concern, having a hand shake with the president
elect GMB on oshiomhole marriage day

Dem fit give am uniport, the position is open maybe.
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by monex(m): 8:36pm On May 16, 2015
martineverest:
True,but okajesan of irrua(my village king) is d only ishan muslim i know

i know other esan muslims but they are all from Irrua.

you know Ishan is the anglo-corrupted pronounciation of Esan sha?
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by martineverest(m): 8:56pm On May 16, 2015
Yeah..i know dat already.....most irrua muslims are actualy of auchi origin
monex:

i know other esan muslims but they are all from Irrua.

you know Ishan is the anglo-corrupted pronounciation of Esan sha?
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by gebest: 4:11pm On May 17, 2015
SmartInvestors:

You are very correct. His name is Kadiri, he was a year my senior in Greater Tomorrow. I don't think he finished from the school then cus he was crowned king when he was in ss3. He brother Mohammed was my class mate.The young king also got married to d daughter Inu Umuru who I presume is the owner of Setraco Constructions Company or so.
u are very correct but i thought he was crowned while he was in ss2, late Alhaji Inu-Umoru was the chairman Setraco Nigeria Limited.
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by gebest: 9:23pm On May 17, 2015
SmartInvestors:

well somethg like dat... D girl was Halimat or so in his class as well... I know he was a set above me but his bro mohammed was in my class... He was young tho... I finished GT in 2000
good
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by IceDude(m): 12:20pm On Jun 30, 2015
tpiadotcom:

hope the state is not agitating for another state to be created from it.
Nah!
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by pcgist: 12:31pm On Feb 02, 2016
Uzairhue is a large clan in the Northern part of Edo state. It is made up of several villages that have developed in major towns in their own right. Read more about Uzairhue here: http://www.afemaipeople.com/uzairue-people-afemailand/
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by MonPro: 1:39pm On Feb 02, 2016
pcgist:
Uzairhue is a large clan in the Northern part of Edo state. It is made up of several villages that have developed in major towns in their own right. Read more about Uzairhue here: http://www.afemaipeople.com/uzairue-people-afemailand/

No wonder they are the most vocal against Biafrans in the SS. Mallamic Muslims!
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by Nobody: 12:17am On Feb 03, 2016
MonPro:

No wonder they are the most vocal against Biafrans in the SS. Mallamic Muslims!

Only the Northern part of the state is Muslim. Don't spew rubbish. I'm sure there are a quite a few Edos who wouldn't mind seeing Biafra created, because we all know that Nigeria was a forced nation.
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by Ayooluwa25: 11:26pm On Jun 01, 2016
Princefame1:

D first by ur left is d king of uzairue, y d middle one is d king of Auchi....they are all proud muslims..

Please can yu tell me the name of the King of Auchi? And the name of King or chief of Ayogwiri? Thank yu...
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by Ayooluwa25: 11:29pm On Jun 01, 2016
Nowenuse:

Edo north can never be dominantly muslims! It has never been!
Etsako west (Auchi) is the only LGA in Edo north that has always had more muslims.
I wonder why people always mistake Auchi for the whole of Edo north.
For crying out loud. Edo north has 6 LGAs. Estako east, Etsako west, Etsako central, Owan east, Owan west n Akoko-edo and of all these 6 LGAs, only Etsako west where both of these kings come from have a muslim majority.
Muslims in Etsako east (Agenebode) do not have up to 10% muslims, u can hardly ever find any muslim occupy any political position here.
Etsako central (Fugar) has just about one-quarter of it's population as muslims and that is why christians still dominate the political atmosphere in this LGA, u hardly see muslim chairmen here.

Owan east n Owan west are overwhemingly christians with few muslims who would barely be up to 15% of the population.
Likewise Akoko-edo LGA is by far dominantly christian.

The only LGA i repeat which has more muslims in Edo north and the whole of Edo state is Etsako west where Auchi, Uzairue, Agbede, Aviele, South Ibie, Jattu and most other muslim dominated towns are situated.
This is why no muslim has ever been senator of Edo north since the creation of Edo state, out of the 3 federal house of reps slots that go to Edo north, only the one of Etsako fed constituency can u ever see muslims occupy.
The fact that Auchi town is the largest town in Edo north is what usually makes people to view this zone as an islamic dominated zone which is very wrong.
Auchi is not the only town in Edo north or Afemai land and neither is it the largest clan.
The largest clan in Afemai are the Wepa-wanno (Agenebode people) and they are overwhemingly christians.

Please can yu tell me the name of the King of Auchi? And the name of King or chief of Ayogwiri? Thank yu...
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by Ayooluwa25: 11:33pm On Jun 01, 2016
nickxtra:
Uzairue is not a town/city. It is Clan, reputed to be one of the biggest in Nigeria. It comprises of different towns, cities and villages, e.g. Jattu(ikpe), Apana, Afowa, Afashio, Ayogwiri, Iyamho(oshiomole's hometown), ikabigbo, Uluoke, etc, etc. Ogieneni is the name of the chief that overseas the whole of Uzairue clan.

Please can yu tell me the name of the King of Auchi? And the name of King or chief of Ayogwiri in Etsako west LGA? Thank yu...
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jun 01, 2016
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by Ayooluwa25: 11:39pm On Jun 01, 2016
cleatoris:
Edo north is made up of Owan, Akoko-Edo and Etsako. Only Etsako has a majority Muslim population, apart from which every other part of Edo state is Christian dominated with, of cause, pockets of Muslims scattered here and there (which is very common in a typical Nigerian state).

I am a Christian from a town of almost 99% Christian population in Edo north. The fact that you're a moslem doesn't automatically mean that Muslims constitute any significant population in Edo State apart from Auchi and a few of its surrounding communities.

Please can yu tell me the name of the King of Auchi? And the name of King or chief of Ayogwiri in Etsako west LGA? Thank yu...
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by Ayooluwa25: 11:41pm On Jun 01, 2016
Please can anybody here help tell me the names of the King of Auchi, the king/chief/ruler of Ayogwiri in Etsako west LGA and that of Uzairue also? Will really appreciate yur response... thank yu.
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by Ayooluwa25: 1:03am On Jun 02, 2016
Whathaveidone:
Lol this one go find 2015 thread ni sa grin cheesy

Yu don vex ni, sorry o... but it's not cool to use 'this one' to address people. Will appreciate sha if yu can help answer any of dhem questions...
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by Nobody: 1:07am On Jun 02, 2016
Ayooluwa25:

Yu don vex ni, sorry o... but it's not cool to use 'this one' to adress people. Will appreciate sha if yu can help answer any of dhem questions...

I'm very sorry swiree wink No offense intended

I'll delete it soon.

Lol me I no sabi anything about Edo oo grin
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by AreaFada2: 3:03am On Jun 02, 2016
BUSHHUNTER:
Majority of edo natives are muslims except for the few converted ones

Big lie.

Oba Ozolua (reigned 1481-1504) fought off potential Idah/Muslim invaders from Edo North in a 6 years war.

The first Mosque in Benin was built in the 1860s by one of the sons of Oba/Eleko Kosoko who fled from the British/Madam Tinubu onslaught that led to removal of Oba Kosoko. Being aware of his ancient Benin origins, he sought refuge in Benin.

But Oba Orhogbua (reigned 1550-1578) was already a christian Oba of Benin. He was close to christianising the monarchy but was resisted by the nobles. Remember that even just 4 or 5 years ago, late Olu of Warri, Atuwatse II, was resisted by his family/nobles when he tried christianising his throne..

Benin has possibly the oldest indigenous/native christian church/cathedral in West Africa: The Holy Aruosa Cathedral. Centuries before Cele.

Where the Oba is the head of the church like Queen Elizabeth is head of Anglican Church, ahead of Archbishop of Canterbury.
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by Nobody: 3:06am On Jun 02, 2016
AreaFada2:

Big lie.

Oba Ozolua (reigned 1481-1504) fought off potential Idah/Muslim invaders from Edo North in a 6 years war.

The first Mosque in Benin was built in the 1860s by one of the sons of Oba/Eleko Kosoko who fled from the British/Madam Tinubu onslaught that led to removal of Oba Kosoko. Being aware of his ancient Benin origins, he sought refuge in Benin.

But Oba Orhogbua (reigned 1550-1578) was already a christian Oba of Benin. He was close to christianising the monarchy but was resisted by the nobles. Remember that even just 4 or 5 years ago, late Olu of Warri, Atuwatse II, was resisted by his family/nobles when he tried christianising his throne..

Benin has possibly the oldest indigenous/native christian church/cathedral in West Africa: The Holy Aruosa Cathedral. Centuries before Cele.

Where the Oba is the head of the church like Queen Elizabeth is head of Anglican Church, ahead of Archbishop of Canterbury.

You're correct. I don't get how he can state that Edo is a majority Muslim state. Also, Edo State has a solid amount of Catholics, especially in Esanland.
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by AreaFada2: 3:20am On Jun 02, 2016
aim5:

You're correct. I don't get how he can state that Edo is a majority Muslim state. Also, Edo State has a solid amount of Catholics, especially in Esanland.

Maybe he thinks the emergence of the Godfather of Nigerian Pentecostalism (Benson Idahosa), Chris Oyakhilome, Felix Omobude (head of CAN), Apostle Johnson Suleiman and many others from Edo State is a co-incidence.

It is a culmination of interaction with Christianity that began in the 1480s.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by nickxtra(m): 9:41am On Jun 02, 2016
Ayooluwa25:

Auchi is Alhaji H. A. Momoh(the Otaru of Auchi). For Ayogwiri, the clan head of Uzairue( the Ogieneni of Uzairue) overseas the whole of Uzairue, including Ayogwiri, Jattu, Iyamho, IKabigbo, ELele, Afashio, Afowa, etc.
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by Ayooluwa25: 11:54am On Jun 02, 2016
nickxtra:
Auchi is Alhaji H. A. Momoh(the Otaru of Auchi). For Ayogwiri, the clan head of Uzairue( the Ogieneni of Uzairue) overseas the whole of Uzairue, including Ayogwiri, Jattu, Iyamho, IKabigbo, ELele, Afashio, Afowa, etc.

Thank yu so much... is 'Ogieneni' a title or his name? If it's the title, can yu help me with the name of the clan head?
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by nickxtra(m): 4:56pm On Jun 03, 2016
Ayooluwa25:

Thank yu so much... is 'Ogieneni' a title or his name? If it's the title, can yu help me with the name of the clan head?
'Ogieneni' is the title. His name, if I get it correctly, is Imonikhe Omogbai

1 Like

Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by Ayooluwa25: 6:46pm On Jun 03, 2016
nickxtra:
'Ogieneni' is the title. His name, if I get it correctly, is Imonikhe Omogbai

Thanks a lot... #GodBlessYu
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by Nobody: 12:46pm On Apr 20, 2019
scholes0:

When did "Liberal" become a religion? lol
No one said Edo state is Majority Muslim, they only said there is a Sizable muslim community in Edo state.... I would put it at between 30 and 35%
you are stupidly mad
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by scholes0(m): 6:13pm On Apr 20, 2019
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by etrouble: 6:45pm On Apr 20, 2019
Edo has two kings, my state(lagos) only has one.

Are you drunk again this evening? How is Lagos your state? Lagos indigenes are Aworis, Ijebus, Eguns and Egbas. Do you belong to any of the four groups? For your reminder, there is Oba Ayangburen of Ikorodu, Oba Elepe of Epe, Oba Oloto of Oto Awori, Oba Osolo of Isolo, Oba Akran of Badagary and several other Obas in Lagos.
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by etrouble: 6:47pm On Apr 20, 2019
teufelein:
the zoo aka nigeria, a country of absurdities.where on earth do you have kings in a republic? just name one.

Another unfortunate child of hatred and bitterness from the Biafran Republic of drugs, prostitution, armed robbery, kinapping, fake drugs and human trafficking.

1 Like

Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by Nobody: 1:40pm On Apr 21, 2019
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by electhnd(m): 10:49am On Jul 27, 2020
Pavore9:
Hmm..How old is he?
funniest thing abt him is that he was king at 4 after his father died

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pictures Of Peter Obi Alighting From ANAP Jet Despite Denial / Sanwo-Olu To Jim Iyke: "You Are A Bad Guy" / Buhari And Amosun Eat Together In UK (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.