Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Why Are So Many People Attacking The Trekker For GEJ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are So Many People Attacking The Trekker For GEJ? (2728 Views)

Female Partner Of The GEJ Trekker Quits (see Pics) / President Jonathan Trekker Gets Financial Support From The UK [photo] / Another Trekker For Buhari Set To Trek From Yola To Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are So Many People Attacking The Trekker For GEJ? by nationwide1(m): 11:15pm On May 15, 2015
Trekker for GMB was hailed, praised and celebrated even when no one knew when and where he started with associated poor coverage unlike the trekker for GEJ who made it known when and where he would commence and updates the public daily on the progress of the mission.

If the the trekker for GEJ was a European or an American, the same people who condemn him would have been extolling him.

If you doubt me, why do our girls dress half naked like a schizophrenic patient because they watch it in a foreign movie? Why do our boys dress with torn jean trousers like a newly mentally deranged fellow to appear modern as a result of imitating the whites?

I see hatred in the recent upsurge of condemnation of the trekker for GEJ; hatred for GEJ. The man who embarks on trekking is adult and certainly sane so he knows what he is doing.

He celebrates GEJ's handling of elections his own way and there's nothing wrong with that. I am sure it does not adversely affect his job or he has a way of covering up for his absence.

Most of the people who condemn him say he would have trekked to protest poor electricity supply and unemployment as if they have ever attempted any protest in their lives; as if unemployment and poor electricity supply in Nigeria began with GEJ regime.

For the sake of those who have never seen anything good in GEJ, I wish Nigeria would experience a political crisis that would affect every part of the country so that some people will learn to appreciate architects of peace.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are So Many People Attacking The Trekker For GEJ? by Nobody: 11:27pm On May 15, 2015
Same hatred they have for President GEJ but God pass them all. We pray God to protect them all in Jesus name, Amen!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are So Many People Attacking The Trekker For GEJ? by doctokwus: 1:27am On May 16, 2015
Nobody gives a hoot if d man is trekking for even mama Peace, but what many find annoying is for the trekker to assert that he's doing it because GEJ's action made him a hero.
The question people continue asking is this:
Is GEJ the first to concede defeat and most importantly did he have any other choice that wouldn't have left him "gbagboed"?
A man was rejected by his people in an election and wants to claim heroship,it just doesn't make sense.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are So Many People Attacking The Trekker For GEJ? by 9jatriot(m): 1:36am On May 16, 2015
First of all he is a copycat.
secondly, His motive is to get recognition and financial rewards from GEJ or PEJ
Thirdly, he is into shows manship which seems to be more into getting public attention rather than been driven by any real integrity

The GMB trekker made a promise to a group of people and was only interested in maintaining his honour, hence his journey was more of a private trip. The pictures of the first trekker that came out were mostly taken by third party and not the selfies that this guy puts up everyday meaning he is mainly interested in he attention he is getting.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are So Many People Attacking The Trekker For GEJ? by ki02020(m): 2:02am On May 16, 2015
Why those trekkers no trek for bring back our girls if they are so patriotic undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Are So Many People Attacking The Trekker For GEJ? by nationwide1(m): 6:47am On May 16, 2015
doctokwus:
Nobody gives a hoot if d man is trekking for even mama Peace, but what many find annoying is for the trekker to assert that he's doing it because GEJ's action made him a hero.
Is GEJ the first to concede defeat and most importantly did he have any other choice that wouldn't have left him "gbagboed"?
A man was rejected by his people in an election and wants to claim heroship,it just doesn't make sense.

I deem it cogent to disagree with you on this one sir:
1. GEJ is not the first to concede defeat at election in the world but he is the first to do so in Nigeria even convincing his party to bury any idea of legal tussle.

2. GEJ had the right to reject the result of the election and I bet you the "gbagboed" thing would have hit the ordinary citizens worst.

3. GEJ has never claimed being a hero as you posted. His action earned him the praise from around the world.

I put it to you that if you have ever been caught up in a political crisis, you would agree that GEJ is also your hero.

7 Likes

Re: Why Are So Many People Attacking The Trekker For GEJ? by nationwide1(m): 6:51am On May 16, 2015
9jatriot:
secondly, His motive is to get recognition and financial rewards from GEJ or PEJ
Thirdly, he is into shows manship which seems to be more into getting public attention rather than been driven by any real integrity

The GMB trekker made a promise to a group of people and was only interested in maintaining his honour, hence his journey was more of a private trip. The pictures of the first trekker that came out were mostly taken by third party and not the selfies that this guy puts up everyday meaning he is mainly interested in he attention he is getting.

You have spoken well. But one of the NLers said he won't believe him unless he sees the video coverage from the beginning to the end.
So I feel the pictures serves the purpose of coverage for the doubters.
Re: Why Are So Many People Attacking The Trekker For GEJ? by Nobody: 6:53am On May 16, 2015
It's called hypocrisy!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are So Many People Attacking The Trekker For GEJ? by nationwide1(m): 7:44am On May 16, 2015
dearpreye:
It's called hypocrisy!
You mean one can inflict suffering upon himself in hypocrisy? I doubt.
You call it hypocrisy. I call it conviction.

1 Like

Re: Why Are So Many People Attacking The Trekker For GEJ? by Bugatie(m): 8:10am On May 16, 2015
nationwide1:

You mean one can inflict suffering upon himself in hypocrisy? I doubt.

Is the dude complaining?

Allow him to do what he has chosen to cos no one forced him!

For your info, more volunteers are joining him in the trek and it's all fun. I would have joined except for my work schedule.

1 Like

Re: Why Are So Many People Attacking The Trekker For GEJ? by nationwide1(m): 8:41am On May 16, 2015
Bugatie:

Is the dude complaining?

Allow him to do what he has chosen to cos no one forced him!

For your info, more volunteers are joining him in the trek and it's all fun. I would have joined except for my work schedule.
Read my post again and also read the post of the guy I quoted. I'm not attacking the trekker but rather against those attacking him.
Re: Why Are So Many People Attacking The Trekker For GEJ? by Bugatie(m): 8:47am On May 16, 2015
nationwide1:

Read my post again and also read the post of the guy I quoted. I'm not attacking the trekker but rather against those attacking him.

I get you now
Re: Why Are So Many People Attacking The Trekker For GEJ? by PassingShot(m): 8:50am On May 16, 2015
The first trekker remains the only genuine person who did it for his integrity. All others after him are copy-cat and I can't give a damn about it.

cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Why Are So Many People Attacking The Trekker For GEJ? by doctokwus: 8:44pm On May 16, 2015
nationwide1:

1. GEJ is not the first to concede defeat at election in the world but he is the first to do so in Nigeria even convincing his party to bury any idea of legal tussle.

2. GEJ had the right to reject the result of the election and I bet you the "gbagboed" thing would have hit the ordinary citizens worst.

3. GEJ has never claimed being a hero as you posted. His action earned him the praise from around the world.

I put it to you that if you have ever been caught up in a political crisis, you would agree that GEJ is also your hero.
After May 29,we would know the heroic things he trully did.
Re: Why Are So Many People Attacking The Trekker For GEJ? by KemiJesus(f): 11:33pm On May 16, 2015
ki02020:
Why those trekkers no trek for bring back our girls if they are so patriotic undecided
You got it dear nd dats my point and question too for both Goodluck&Buhari 's trekkers. Anyway Omotola hs said it all.
Re: Why Are So Many People Attacking The Trekker For GEJ? by dunkem21(m): 11:44pm On May 16, 2015
nationwide1:

Shebi, you dey drink 'Orijin'.
Re: Why Are So Many People Attacking The Trekker For GEJ? by meforyou1(m): 12:34am On May 17, 2015
doctokwus:
then u have not heard of ivory coast, togo, guinea, sudan (both north and south), Madagascar, even tailand, and Burma.
And most recently burundi

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are So Many People Attacking The Trekker For GEJ? by sheymoni(m): 1:15am On May 17, 2015
Someone has got to stop the madness before it gets out of hand.
Some people might wake up one day & decided to trek to Thailand
Re: Why Are So Many People Attacking The Trekker For GEJ? by nationwide1(m): 3:53am On May 17, 2015
dunkem21:

Shebi, you dey drink 'Orijin'.
I dey drink Orijin.
Re: Why Are So Many People Attacking The Trekker For GEJ? by hassey(m): 7:00am On May 17, 2015
nationwide1:

just recently fayemi of ekiti state conceeded defeat to fayose
Re: Why Are So Many People Attacking The Trekker For GEJ? by nationwide1(m): 7:03am On May 17, 2015
hassey:
just recently fayemi of ekiti state conceeded defeat to fayose
Yes, Fayemi did concede defeat Fayose but later went to court and the rest is history.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are So Many People Attacking The Trekker For GEJ? by babyfaceafrica: 7:07am On May 17, 2015
nationwide1:

Yes, Fayemi did concede defeat Fayose but later went to court and the rest is history.
fayemi never went to court..it was APC ekiti state
Re: Why Are So Many People Attacking The Trekker For GEJ? by MrPatoh: 7:20am On May 17, 2015
GodsMercy1:
We pray God to protect them all in Jesus name, Amen!
Amen.
Re: Why Are So Many People Attacking The Trekker For GEJ? by nationwide1(m): 8:53am On May 17, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
fayemi never went to court..it was APC ekiti state
But GEJ stopped PDP from going to court.
That's the difference.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are So Many People Attacking The Trekker For GEJ? by dunkem21(m): 1:43pm On May 17, 2015
nationwide1:
I dey drink Orijin.
Take half a carton for that post.
Re: Why Are So Many People Attacking The Trekker For GEJ? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:00pm On May 17, 2015
9jatriot:

That is the exact problem I have with them. But the GMB trekker did his to fulfill and make his conscience clear over the vow he made two years ago.
Re: Why Are So Many People Attacking The Trekker For GEJ? by obiZEAL(m): 2:04pm On May 17, 2015
nationwide1:

If u have ever been to the north and see for ur self what GEJ has let bh turn that place into I'm sure u'll not be spewing this rubbish...
Re: Why Are So Many People Attacking The Trekker For GEJ? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:04pm On May 17, 2015
nationwide1:

But GEJ stopped PDP from going to court.
That's the difference.
That is their business. BTW, is the PDP not supposed to be independent of Jonathan? I remember in 2011 Buhari refused to go to the tribunal but his party, CPC went.
Re: Why Are So Many People Attacking The Trekker For GEJ? by nationwide1(m): 2:18pm On May 17, 2015
obiZEAL:

If u have ever been to the north and see for ur self what GEJ has let bh turn that place into I'm sure u'll not be spewing this rubbish...

I'm sure you don't know what you're saying. Saying if I have been to the north? Faceless forum is fantastic because if you know who is talking you would have been cautious with your choice of words which is laced with barbarism.

How much do you know about bokoharam? How much do you know about northern Nigeria? You think bokoharam started during Jonathan’s administration? Let me hold my peace for it is wrong to educate the ignorant who does not know he/she is ignorant.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are So Many People Attacking The Trekker For GEJ? by obiZEAL(m): 2:41pm On May 17, 2015
nationwide1:

I'm sure you don't know what you're saying. Saying if I have been to the north? Faceless forum is fantastic because if you know who is talking you would have been cautious with your choice of words which is laced with barbarism.

How much do you know about bokoharam? How much do you know about northern Nigeria? You think bokoharam started during Jonathan’s administration? Let me hold my peace for it is wrong to educate the ignorant who does not know he/she is ignorant.
May be when I tell u I live and school in jos you will review ur comment about me being ignorant abt bh.
I have lost close friends,very close friends to bh (june 2014 at terminus market, I escaped death by 7 minutes and most recently the last bomb blast opp Unijos gate)
One thing I know for sure is that if GEJ did what he did in the six weeks that preceded the polls all this while, then my friends and many more will still be alive....
And for that reason alone GEJ is nothing close to a hero.
He is a failure!Go tell him I said so...
Re: Why Are So Many People Attacking The Trekker For GEJ? by nationwide1(m): 3:04pm On May 17, 2015
obiZEAL:

May be when I tell u I live and school in jos you will review ur comment about me being ignorant abt bh.
I have lost close friends,very close friends to bh (june 2014 at terminus market, I escaped death by 7 minutes and most recently the last bomb blast opp Unijos gate)
One thing I know for sure is that if GEJ did what he did in the six weeks that preceded the polls all this while, then my friends and many more will still be alive....
And for that reason alone GEJ is nothing close to a hero.
He is a failure!Go tell him I said so...

Your criticism is polarized and as such lacks the ingredients for real debate.
You're talking Jos. Do you know that people still live in Maiduguri and Damaturu? I mean non-indegines.
Do you know that very influential Nigerians prevented GEJ from fighting bh initially?
GEJ made his mistakes. But some influential northerners described fight against bh as ethnic cleansing. Do you even know that GEJ was dragged to ICC for genocide because of fighting bh?
Do you know that someone said fight against boko haram was a fight against the north?

If you know the true politics of bokoharam, your criticism will be balanced.

I'm a southerner but have widely traveled and lived in north. My best friends are northerners. I'm no GEJ's apologist but only an ardent crusader for the truth.

1 Like

Re: Why Are So Many People Attacking The Trekker For GEJ? by nationwide1(m): 3:12pm On May 17, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

That is their business. BTW, is the PDP not supposed to be independent of Jonathan? I remember in 2011 Buhari refused to go to the tribunal but his party, CPC went.

Buhari has never refused to go to court each time he looses election.

Last time I checked, Buhari has never accepted defeat at election.

His inciting statements costs Nigeria hundreds of lives in 2011.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Is Leaving The West Out!!! / Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook, Says He Has ONLY One Million NGN / Why Sen. Gbenga Obadara Is Begging Bola Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.