Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,392 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

The Snake I Killed Tonight (photo) - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Snake I Killed Tonight (photo) (65828 Views)

See The Snake I Killed In The Midnight (pics) / See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday / Pic; The Green Scorpion I Killed Tonight @10:05PM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Snake I Killed Tonight (photo) by AnneMomoh: 12:01am On May 16, 2015
Send a text to your Village, tell them they did not succeed. Lol

na joke oh

2 Likes

Re: The Snake I Killed Tonight (photo) by chizzy24(m): 12:02am On May 16, 2015
dre11:
See how black and long the thing is
is d thing longer dan ur thin?
Re: The Snake I Killed Tonight (photo) by Dbrainiac1(m): 12:04am On May 16, 2015
See as d snake tiny sef.... Smh #BTW we don't hav such over here in France. Wetin concern me?

1 Like

Re: The Snake I Killed Tonight (photo) by Dollyak(f): 12:06am On May 16, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

If you're a foreigner, I would understand, undecidedbut if you're african, especially a Nigerian, then I'll say SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH YOU. angry
Do you have to be a foreigner to care about animals? My parent are Nigerian, which makes me a Nigerian by default. Keep your insult to yourself angry.If you see nothing wrong with killing animals you could easily have captured, then it's fine. It's not like it's a lion.

2 Likes

Re: The Snake I Killed Tonight (photo) by 9jatatafo(m): 12:06am On May 16, 2015
Brave man, good that you killed that reptile.
Re: The Snake I Killed Tonight (photo) by Khd95(m): 12:07am On May 16, 2015
juwoonn:

Na house o..lol I don't even understand again. All those nairaland girls wey I don offend..abegg ooo..accept my apologies oo
Tnx
Re: The Snake I Killed Tonight (photo) by donkunzman: 12:09am On May 16, 2015
Lol
Moana:
I was going to say something else if you hadnt said that its the season of reptiles grin
Re: The Snake I Killed Tonight (photo) by adewaletb3(m): 12:10am On May 16, 2015
odensibiri:

This is the BBC's Black Mamba species range map:

via: http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/life/Black_mamba
Black mambas are found in Africa. But Nigeria come one man. They are found mainly in southern and eastern part of africa. Pleasr check online for more info
Re: The Snake I Killed Tonight (photo) by ERODEDEAST(f): 12:12am On May 16, 2015
B4 u fumigate ur surrounding, Start sleeping with ur net it isn't only for mosquitoes
Re: The Snake I Killed Tonight (photo) by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 12:13am On May 16, 2015
Mstcheeew small snake angry
Re: The Snake I Killed Tonight (photo) by FlySly05: 12:13am On May 16, 2015
odensibiri:
That looks like a Black Mamba, one of the deadliest snakes in the world. You should tan the skin and make it into a nice accessory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXzMPaYTrZc

Black mambas are mostly longer and more swift. It would have been a little difficult to kill if it were a mamba. But still I don't rule the possibility that this might be a baby mamba though. IMO

1 Like

Re: The Snake I Killed Tonight (photo) by JeffreyJamez(m): 12:15am On May 16, 2015
Dollyak:

Do you have to be a foreigner to care about animals? My parent are Nigerian, which makes me a Nigerian by default. Keep your insult to yourself angry.If you see nothing wrong with killing animals you could easily have captured, then it's fine. It's not like it's a lion.

so when an animal poses a threat to ones lif, one should pet it and sing kumbaya ba?... I'll take it you have never encountered a dangerous animal posing a threat to your life before, That's why you're comfortable saying what you're saying...

PS:... I didn't insult you.

3 Likes

Re: The Snake I Killed Tonight (photo) by PureNigerian: 12:21am On May 16, 2015
kilokeys:

bros where in sambisa do u stay? undecided

He live two blocks from you

4 Likes

Re: The Snake I Killed Tonight (photo) by Lexusgs430: 12:21am On May 16, 2015
juwoonn:
@about 9:30PM tonight; I was returning from the church along with my wife, she had almost held the snake while about to open the door. Suddenly she sighted the black deadly snake and retreated. The snake had entered d net door and was resting on the door handle near d knocker.

I did the needful.

Last week I killed a green scorpion @my backyard but the thread didn't make front page.
Warning: this is a season of reptiles and its cohorts, pls always hold a torchlight and watch carefully @night

Cc: lalasticlala, ishilove

Nah your village people. You have won this battle more battles ahead!!!
Re: The Snake I Killed Tonight (photo) by Nobody: 12:22am On May 16, 2015
We need to be careful this season. But, ehmm..bro u ffor call ur zonal region. Our topography could bbe different.

And, I pray u kill Shekau soon... He's a deadly animal too.
Re: The Snake I Killed Tonight (photo) by AAinEqGuinea: 12:26am On May 16, 2015
juwoonn:
@about 9:30PM tonight; I was returning from the church along with my wife, she had almost held the snake while about to open the door. Suddenly she sighted the black deadly snake and retreated. The snake had entered d net door and was resting on the door handle near d knocker.

I did the needful.

Last week I killed a green scorpion @my backyard but the thread didn't make front page.
Warning: this is a season of reptiles and its cohorts, pls always hold a torchlight and watch carefully @night

What's with the burning matches next to the dead snake? Gonna cook it?

What if you really killed a witch!?
Re: The Snake I Killed Tonight (photo) by Bifwoli: 12:28am On May 16, 2015
dre11:
See how black and long the thing is

I'm sure Tinubu has a bigger black snake.
Re: The Snake I Killed Tonight (photo) by lazsnaira(m): 12:43am On May 16, 2015
juwoonn:

I did the needful.

I also stepped on a reptile this morning on a fashola flowered walkway in my neighborhood, thank God I was wearing a thick footwear. I didn't kill it though but my stepping on it left it weak & scrambling along the walkway.

1 Like

Re: The Snake I Killed Tonight (photo) by Nobody: 12:55am On May 16, 2015
Reminds me of my stay at the Army Barracks in Minna. The one opposite NECO office.
Snakes are just like lizards there! Same with Rukuba [not sure of the spelling]barracks in Jos. Guess it's because of the rocks in those places.

1 Like

Re: The Snake I Killed Tonight (photo) by Nobody: 12:57am On May 16, 2015
Nice for reply for the fool.
PureNigerian:

He live two blocks from you
Re: The Snake I Killed Tonight (photo) by Makamuanwuo(m): 12:58am On May 16, 2015
juwoonn:

I did the needful.

nna mehmmm,see better meat dis nyt,.,chia see hw God buta op bread dis nyt wit confirm meat...i wish am d op now,we dn get beta meat 4 wkend rice..,what a waste of meat is dis!..#angrymoodactivatedrytnw#
Re: The Snake I Killed Tonight (photo) by Elxandre(m): 12:58am On May 16, 2015
Dollyak:

Are you intentionally trying to be funny or what?
A poisonous snake which coulda struck him and you are talking about capturing it. sad

1 Like

Re: The Snake I Killed Tonight (photo) by Dollyak(f): 1:01am On May 16, 2015
Elxandre:

Are you intentionally trying to be funny or what?
A poisonous snake which coulda struck him and you after talking about capturing it. sad
http://www.snake-removal.com/howtocatch.html

1 Like

Re: The Snake I Killed Tonight (photo) by NovusHomo(m): 1:07am On May 16, 2015
phellamon:
Oga na Zoo u dey live

The devil escaped from Jona's zoo.
Re: The Snake I Killed Tonight (photo) by Elxandre(m): 1:07am On May 16, 2015
Dollyak:

http://www.snake-removal.com/howtocatch.html
After reading that link, I feel more scared than ever. I don't even feel safe on this sofa sad
Have you ever caught one?
Re: The Snake I Killed Tonight (photo) by NobleG1(m): 1:12am On May 16, 2015
juwoonn:

I did the needful.

Nigerians are always quick in killing wild animals. This is a harmless juvenile African house snake. They normally live close to human dwellings, where they get easy food like, rodents, small lizards, and sometimes birds.

[size=13pt]How To Scare Snakes Away?[/size]

Movements and Vibrations

Snakes are very fearful creatures so it doesn't take a lot to scare them away. The best method to scare them is to make fast movements. A lot of times, just chasing the snake away works very well. Another thing to try is to stomp hard on the ground. The snake will not hear the noise, but it will get scared off by the vibrations the stomping makes.

Eliminate Hiding Areas

If you don't want snakes around, you need to reduce hiding areas for snakes. Common places that snakes like to hide are in piles of wood and rocks, tall grass, under boards and sheets of metal, and in brush or shrubs.

Eliminate Sources of Food

Snakes feed on rats, mice, lizards, frogs and other small animals. Eliminating the population of these animals around your home greatly reduces the number of snakes. Snakes are attracted to places where they can easily find food. If they have a hard time finding food in a certain area, they will not stay around for very long.

How to Avoid Getting Bit

To avoid getting bit by a snake, you need to always wear shoes while you are outside. Even if you are not positive there are snakes around, it is better to be safe than risk getting bit. Never get too close to a snake or try to touch it. A snake will only attack if it feels threatened. Give the snake plenty of time and space to escape instead of trying to attack it.

1 Like

Re: The Snake I Killed Tonight (photo) by Nobody: 1:18am On May 16, 2015
Hate hearing them, not to talk of sighting them. Can't they just go extinct Jeezzz undecided
Re: The Snake I Killed Tonight (photo) by Dollyak(f): 1:18am On May 16, 2015
Elxandre:

After reading that link, I feel more scared than ever. I don't even feel safe on this sofa sad
Have you ever caught one?
Nope, but I have played with boa. Lol you shouldn't be scared grin. Shame tho, I was hoping the link will help.
Re: The Snake I Killed Tonight (photo) by encryptjay(m): 1:25am On May 16, 2015
Who's talking about capturing a snake in Nigeria?
That snake doesn't look like an endangered specie so bleep it.
Una sha, so that when it bites someone now, a thread will surface...'Snake bites Woman' then you start attacking the husband cos he stood there admiring the snake...

3 Likes

Re: The Snake I Killed Tonight (photo) by Nobody: 1:27am On May 16, 2015
Osho sef by now go don dey strike hin snake inside that fresh,fair rabbit hole tonight
Re: The Snake I Killed Tonight (photo) by Elxandre(m): 1:28am On May 16, 2015
Dollyak:

Nope, but I have played with boa. Lol you shouldn't be scared grin. Shame tho, I was hoping the link will help.
Lol.
All I saw on the link was special equipment being required to catch snakes (which you wouldn't have in impromptu situations of course.
I had an experience with these things that has scarred me.

You played with a tamed boa babe. cheesy
Re: The Snake I Killed Tonight (photo) by NobleG1(m): 1:30am On May 16, 2015
FlySly05:

Black mambas are mostly longer and more swift. It would have been a little difficult to kill if it were a mamba. But still I don't rule the possibility that this might be a baby mamba though. IMO

What he killed was an African House Snake not Black mamba.

Contrary to what its name would suggest, black mambas are actually brownish in color, ranging from olive to greyish tones, with paler bellies. They are named for the coloration of the inside of their mouths, which is a deep, inky black. Similar to cottonmouths, when threatened a mamba will open its mouth to show the black lining as a warning signal.

Black mambas have coffin-shaped heads and are lithe, athletic snakes. According to National Geographic, they can grow to be 14 feet long (4.25 meters), though their average length is around 8 feet (2.4 m). These giants can live up to 11 years in the wild. Black mambas reside in South and East Africa’s savannas, rocky hills and open woodlands

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Politician's Wife Caught Cheating In Delta With Another Man (Photos, Video) / Another Marriage About To Crash. / Man Sold Land, Car, Property To Fulfil His Wife's Dream Of Studying Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.