Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,914 members, 7,814,082 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over (34576 Views)

Naira Firm At 485 As Buhari Presents Record Budget - Fxmallam / Naira Loses N2 As Buhari Rejects Devaluation / Banks Jittery Over Low Cash Inflow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over by Xxpress(m): 10:25am On May 16, 2015
Ok
Re: Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over by okhiai1(m): 10:26am On May 16, 2015
OK we don hear
Re: Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over by mekaboy(m): 10:28am On May 16, 2015
I see Ngozi okonjo iweala as the finance minister under buhari.

She pointed out all this and tried her best to put an end to it. However those benefiting are close friends to GEJ , so he could not st3p on toes.

A combination of Buhari and iwealla will move Nigeria forward. Any other person will do trial and error and mess things up big time. This is not time for trial and error.

Buhari i hope u r reading this. Any mistake with our economy will make u babaonechance.

Dont do politics with the finance ministry and cbn or ....

2 Likes

Re: Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over by Onyenna(m): 10:29am On May 16, 2015
good
Re: Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over by poyet(m): 10:30am On May 16, 2015
Cool! It's high time this country stopped being wasteful, and those in charge of finances are tamed from reckless spending of public funds.

PDP could have done it, but because it's a party of fraud, they refused. Now APC's GMB is about nip it in the bud!

Thanks, GMB!

1 Like

Re: Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over by mikeczay: 10:30am On May 16, 2015
SAI BABA
Re: Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over by omenka(m): 10:32am On May 16, 2015
Ochiske:
In other news, Oshiomole and His wife's Honeymoon at Miami beach gringrin
What you guys are doing isn't just funny.

If the man has bad policies and failed in governance, take him on on that, but it is absolutely irresponsible laughing at him and his family in this manner.

Tomorrow when a white man insults you simply because of your skin colour, you call him a racist.

Smh.

8 Likes

Re: Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over by nyafunyafu: 10:34am On May 16, 2015
CoolKizzy:
unification of government account is a Goodluck Jonathan Initiative and has been on the verge of implementation before the election.
Everything has been on the verge of implementation during GEJ era for 5 years cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over by Emblj: 10:35am On May 16, 2015
Wind of change in d air, even before swearing-in, nigerians are adjusting already changing from their bad ways of doing things.
Indeed it is no longer business as usual with APC government stance on corruption.
Better days ahead. Welcome to a new Nigeria.
Re: Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over by Kx: 10:36am On May 16, 2015
nyafunyafu:

Everything has been on the verge of implementation during GEJ era for 5 years cheesy

Good answer

2 Likes

Re: Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over by ideykwum: 10:40am On May 16, 2015
What this clearly demonstrates is that government failure is not as a result of poor policies, but poor implementation and the will/image to ensure compliance from the top to the bottom!!

Any quality management system must have as it's first attribute, demonstrable leadership and commitment. Based on this, the right policies and strategic objectives are set!! Then organisations, resources, responsibilities and documentation are put in place and apportioned to support the goals and objectives designed by the leadership!!

To finalise this, monitoring and controlling functions must be in place, while tiers of audit and review processes, ensure compliance, lessons-learnt and a feedback mechanism for continuous improvement!!!

It's not theory, it's practical! My experience as a manager in the corporate world has shown me that what essentially supports systems and structures that translate dreams to reality, is that ingredient call discipline!!

Buhari needs to revamp the War Against Indiscipline! That must be the core of the anti-corruption crusade, as corruption is not just an attitude, it is a mode of living these days! No matter the management system designed, it would not meet its objectives or fail if this is ignored!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over by dammytosh: 10:44am On May 16, 2015
J
shortgun:
Ok, APC will deny this report tomorrow.

Buhari never said he will probe anybody.

Buhari never promised to make naira equal to dollar

Buhari didn't say he will finish Boko Haram in 1 month.

Buhari cannot perform miracles.

Buhari cannot improve the economy in 100days.

Buhari can't pay 5,000 to unemployed youths.

What exactly can Buhari do

Wait and watch objectively

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over by Nobody: 10:45am On May 16, 2015
ideykwum:
What this clearly demonstrates is that government failure is not as a result of poor policies, but poor implementation and the will/image to ensure compliance from the top to the bottom!!

Any quality management system must have as it's first attribute, demonstrable leadership and commitment. Based on this, the right policies and strategic objectives are set!! Then organisations, resources, responsibilities and documentation are put in place and apportioned to support the goals and objectives designed by the leadership!!

To finalise this, monitoring and controlling functions must be in place, while tiers of audit and review processes, ensure compliance, lessons-learnt and a feedback mechanism for continuous improvement!!!

It's not theory, it's practical! My experience as a manager in the corporate world has shown me that what essentially supports systems and structures that translate dreams to reality, is that ingredient call discipline!!

Buhari needs to revamp the War Against Indiscipline! That must be the core of the anti-corruption crusade, as corruption is not just an attitude, it is a mode of living these days! No matter the management system designed, it would not meet its objectives or fail if this is ignored!

Good one, boss!
Re: Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over by PassingShot(m): 10:46am On May 16, 2015
Thank God we kicked Mr. Clueless out. Imagine what we have had to contend with!

"Explaining why the DMBs find it difficult to release the funds, Friday Ameh, an analyst, argued that the trapped government revenues are being round-tripped to purchase Forex and Treasury Bills.

“Why would government for instance go to banks to borrow money through Treasury Bills, when billions of its revenues are trapped in various accounts run by the agencies.”

GEJ was just too weak to be a president. He was a punishment for a sin.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over by mayusguy(m): 10:47am On May 16, 2015
Everything about Jonathan is 'we are doing','on the verge','almost','we will','we are working on it', please which project was successfully completed in his 5 years regime Tnk God this Nightmare is 'almost' over
CoolKizzy:
unification of government account is a Goodluck Jonathan Initiative and has been on the verge of implementation before the election.
Re: Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over by Pavore9: 10:48am On May 16, 2015
CoolKizzy:

Hmm...after how many years? cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over by agurza(f): 10:50am On May 16, 2015
nyafunyafu:

there can never be a better answer

1 Like

Re: Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over by PassingShot(m): 10:52am On May 16, 2015
mekaboy:

She pointed out all this and tried her best to put an end to it. However those benefiting are close friends to GEJ , so he could not st3p on toes.

A combination of Buhari and iwealla will move Nigeria forward. Any other person will do trial and error and mess things up big time. This is not time for trial and error.

Buhari i hope u r reading this. Any mistake with our economy will make u babaonechance.

Pls stop the idea of NOI as a Finance Minister in GMB's govt. With all GEJ's economic policies failure, a principled minister of her status would have long ago resigned in protest. That way, she will maintain her honor and integrity. As it is now, she is a BIG part of our problem and CANNOT be part of the solution.

2 Likes

Re: Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over by Icecomrade: 10:53am On May 16, 2015
APC..... Talking too much
May 29.... Loading
Re: Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over by mayusguy(m): 10:53am On May 16, 2015
Sunnybobo3:
Everybody shouting Change and Sai Baba here seem to be ignorant of the fact the policy of running a single government account was made by the present government with an implementation time line.
Why is the implementation timeline after election Why did it take this long? Gej makes simple look So complex

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over by buharisambisada: 10:56am On May 16, 2015
I never knew we still have real guys like you who know thw truth and can share,its a Goodluck Jonathan initiative.

CoolKizzy:
Re: Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over by Raxxye(m): 10:57am On May 16, 2015
This change would make sense, after all, if these talks could be converted to actions!
Re: Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over by Charly68: 10:58am On May 16, 2015
And the presidency was aware of all these mess but refused to clear them. Thank God for GMB,people will cry and shout but we must put things right if this country must be great
Re: Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over by muh4lyf(m): 10:59am On May 16, 2015
CoolKizzy:
I guess you didn't read the report... Go and read it again,I suppose you are a graduate... Tchew
Re: Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over by espn(m): 11:00am On May 16, 2015
CoolKizzy:
always on d verge president..give us proof it was GEJ'S initiative
Re: Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over by 2scorehigh(m): 11:05am On May 16, 2015
omenka:
I believe this plan would improve transparency and accountability.

Everyone making last minute attempts to clean house. Buhari's image indeed precedes him. Not a finger lifted, yet people seem to be shitting in their pants already.

We are hopeful things will get much better in this country.

What a confession...

God bless Nigeria.

Could this be the reason why Orubebe was fighting both tooth and nail?
Re: Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over by muh4lyf(m): 11:06am On May 16, 2015
Sunnybobo3:
Everybody shouting Change and Sai Baba here seem to be ignorant of the fact the policy of running a single government account was made by the present government with an implementation time line.
Shoro niyen! And has it taken effect.. Wake up... GEJ is a failure whether u like it or not... As for me ooo after 4yrs if I can't see effect of any change,I still have my pvc with unlike you supporting a failed government... Tchew
Re: Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over by AskProf: 11:06am On May 16, 2015
CoolKizzy:

"On the verge" since how many years?
Re: Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over by muh4lyf(m): 11:09am On May 16, 2015
mekaboy:

Iweala koo Iweale nii
Re: Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over by ideykwum: 11:12am On May 16, 2015
Thanks bro!!

dearpreye:

Good one, boss!
Re: Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over by manutdadex(m): 11:18am On May 16, 2015
CoolKizzy:
bros i tire o..well they are welcm to steal ideas but a reference to d original initiator wil b nice

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kubwa Village Market On Fire, 5 Persons Dead / Urgent : Corporate Affairs Commission - Name Search And Incorporation / CBN Weakens Naira To 307/dollar For First Time (dailytrust)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.