Stats: 3,152,012 members, 7,814,452 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over (34578 Views)

Naira Firm At 485 As Buhari Presents Record Budget - Fxmallam / Naira Loses N2 As Buhari Rejects Devaluation / Banks Jittery Over Low Cash Inflow (2) (3) (4)

Re: Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over by manutdadex(m): 11:23am On May 16, 2015
mayusguy:
Why is the implementation timeline after election Why did it take this long? Gej makes simple look So complex
and babaonechance# don implement am? U for wait make him enta first...oh my archive of names for d old is almost done...but i pray he succeeds we all want a beta Nigeria
Re: Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over by Themandator: 11:35am On May 16, 2015
This is misleading. The policy has already been approved the the current administration and to go into full swing during the year... Buhari either candles or continues with it.

Another is the BVN.. Which is expected to go full blast in June.

It is not proper to be clever by half

Re: Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over by MrEverest(m): 12:34pm On May 16, 2015
Ochiske:
In other news, Oshiomole and His wife's Honeymoon at Miami beach gringrin
Hahahahahaha lwkmd I can't stop laughing at the pic, looks like a pictorial depiction of the beast pursuing a little girl. Chai chai all these caricature you people are doing with Adams Oshomole ehn diaris goduo grin grin
Re: Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over by chigoizie7(m): 12:37pm On May 16, 2015
Re: Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over by joyandfaith: 12:46pm On May 16, 2015
Re: Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over by stinggy(m): 1:06pm On May 16, 2015
millionboi:
baba is 2old 2handle d affair of dis country.....datz my fear
How old was Mandela when he became president?

Really, Governance isn't by age. If you're capable, you are. Shikena.
Re: Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over by PEREP: 1:07pm On May 16, 2015
This is one of the current Administration's feat and the implementation commenced almost 2 yrs now. Why is this taunted as a new model?
Recall Okonjo Iweala announced many funds trapped in commercial banks were recalled.

If the whole fund is about 60 Billlion, what is that in the funds required for Oshodi Apapa road for example and its effect in the balance sheets of banks?

This write up is to achieve the current campaign that businesses will get born again cos a buhari is in govt and as such no more profits commiserate with the resources/risks involved in such transactions.

Like I discussed with some folks, we are not getting many of our projects inflated because a contractor is trying to play a fast one/corruption. It is far from the truth because Govts in Nigeria hardly pay in full contract sums. You can imagine contractors still following up on funds for contracts executed as far back as 1997. Apart from wasting a lot of resources in the course of follow up, Bank loans turning bad debt, time value of money is also there. A project of 10 Million in 1997 is like 1M worth or even lower today.

I feel we should leave all the speculations and face the reality of Nigeria's complexity in the coming months.

Re: Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over by chibas: 1:27pm On May 16, 2015
Sunnybobo3:
Everybody shouting Change and Sai Baba here seem to be ignorant of the fact the policy of running a single government account was made by the present government with an implementation time line.
how long will it take to implement?same goes to PIB
Re: Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over by Sunnybobo3(m): 1:29pm On May 16, 2015
chibas:
how long will it take to implement?same goes to PIB

PIB hasn't been passed by the House.
Re: Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over by chibas: 1:32pm On May 16, 2015
mekaboy:
I see Ngozi okonjo iweala as the finance minister under buhari.

She pointed out all this and tried her best to put an end to it. However those benefiting are close friends to GEJ , so he could not st3p on toes.

A combination of Buhari and iwealla will move Nigeria forward. Any other person will do trial and error and mess things up big time. This is not time for trial and error.

Buhari i hope u r reading this. Any mistake with our economy will make u babaonechance.

Dont do politics with the finance ministry and cbn or ....
abeg make i hear word,we have a better pool of prospect for finance minister post.
Re: Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over by chibas: 1:37pm On May 16, 2015
nyafunyafu:

Everything has been on the verge of implementation during GEJ era for 5 years cheesy
don't mind them all they do is guess work they don't have a clue on how to move nigeria forward they are clueless except for the agric minister who i can only award "65 percent".
Re: Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over by wetinhappen(m): 1:40pm On May 16, 2015
Re: Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over by chibas: 1:43pm On May 16, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

PIB hasn't been passed by the House.
that is what am saying if it were to be what will benefit their pocket they would huredily pass it,meanwhile pdp have the majority he(GEJ) could had easily get them pass it if he wanted to.
Re: Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over by chidile: 1:53pm On May 16, 2015
I don't know much of this,neither do I understand bank jagons..,all I will say is this....any thing that will make this country move forward again...,God pls let it start immediately...we need to see Nigeria move up again.,where all and sundry will live with love and happiness..
Re: Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over by papaejima1: 2:03pm On May 16, 2015
DExplorer1:
I just love the policies of the Buhari's administration. This man is very much aware of his environ. He's also aware that these parastatals do make back-yard arrangement and mysterous missing funds that President Jonathan could not account for but had to cover up is about to come to end with Buhari in power.

It's a shame Jonathan could not keep a close watch over his parastatals and no wonder so many money was stolen under his nose. Even the energy put into the last minute sacking of these agencies bosses prove me right.

Sai Buhari, your policies are so on point. Now we operate, single treasury account. No back-door withdrawals, no multiple and unaccounted for accounts.

Chai bros, really? undecided
Re: Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over by DExplorer1: 2:10pm On May 16, 2015
papaejima1:

Chai bros, really? undecided
Yeah!
Re: Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over by sanerugwei: 2:26pm On May 16, 2015
manutdadex:
bros i tire o..well they are welcm to steal ideas but a reference to d original initiator wil b nice

For those clowns saying it was present govt' initiative. How long ago did they incubate the idea... I guess like many of there other initiatives, they lack both the will and balls to implement them. They are clueless about how to implement such ideas.
What more do you expect from a govt that has been slumbering for six years only to wake up six weeks to election.
I guess most of their ideas were implemented on the media with words like ..we shall.. We will...we are going to...plans are underway...
Clueless govt nooni..
Re: Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over by Malawian(m): 2:44pm On May 16, 2015
yoruba peeps are already setting the stage for an early HBP death for their BABA.

Osibade grin grin start warming up.

this incomming administration will be interesting.
Re: Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over by Chivee(f): 3:02pm On May 16, 2015
CoolKizzy:
unification of government account is a Goodluck Jonathan Initiative and has been on the verge of implementation before the election.
virtually every single administration since 1999 has come in bursting with seemingly bright initiatives.
What has been grossly lacked ,however, is the political will & firmness required in implementation & enforcement.
I just hope the incoming will make a difference.
We are tired of blame games.
"I intended doing this or that but Mr. X or Godfather Y or cabal Z or some unknown powers are frustrating the effort".,.. Then why where you elected? &Why did you take up the job in the first place? Excuses of weaklings.
They talk as though Nigeria is the first country in history to be faced with the challenges it faces today.
The kind of leader with the best chance of salvaging a country like Nigeria today requires, among other qualities,an absolute sense of dignity & integrity with some level of dauntlessness & radicality to the mix.
This quality set has clearly not been possessed by any Leader since the fourth republic.
The daunting task of Project save Nigeria is so enormous that you are either READY for it or you're NOT. No two ways about it.
Let's see what the incoming administration has to offer. I remain hopeful that in no distant future, we shall overcome these 16years of poor Leadership or better still absence of leadership.
Re: Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over by Bamz(m): 3:02am On May 17, 2015
shortgun:
Ok, APC will deny this report tomorrow.

Buhari never said he will probe anybody.

Buhari never promised to make naira equal to dollar

Buhari didn't say he will finish Boko Haram in 1 month.

Buhari cannot perform miracles.

Buhari cannot improve the economy in 100days.

Buhari can't pay 5,000 to unemployed youths.

What exactly can Buhari do

You remind me of that dodo that refused to turn golden brown yesterday.

Kubwa Village Market On Fire, 5 Persons Dead / Urgent : Corporate Affairs Commission - Name Search And Incorporation / CBN Weakens Naira To 307/dollar For First Time (dailytrust)