Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,880 members, 7,813,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

NIMC: 406 Sacked Staff To Face Criminal Charges - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NIMC: 406 Sacked Staff To Face Criminal Charges (17462 Views)

5 Directors Sacked, Staff Redeployed At PTAD / Ogah Desperate For Immunity Against 12 Criminal Charges –ikpeazu / SEE Court Order Summoning Tompolo 2 Appear In Court On Thursday To Face Criminal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NIMC: 406 Sacked Staff To Face Criminal Charges by bugs2: 7:47am On May 16, 2015
Director General of the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC), Mr. Chris Onyemenam has revealed that the 406 disengaged staff would be facing criminal charges as required by the constitution.

The commission explained that the reason it delayed the sack of the 406 staff despite the court order issued in its favour last December was because it decided to thread the line of caution.

The Director General disclosed this at a press conference in Abuja where he also denied embezzling N30 billion meant for the production of the National Identity card.
He stressed that the case of the affected staff had been handed over to the appropriate authority.

According to him, “It is not true that NIMC has planned to sack or retrench 1,000 workers. However 406 senior members of staff who falsified their service records and thus have been profiting from that fraud, have been formally reported to the appropriate offices for further action.”

He added that, “Embezzlement of N30 billion again is misunderstanding of the facts that has been interpreted to suit the presenter’s purpose. In September 2011 government approved N30.066 billion from the procurement of cards and the accelerated expansion of the back end. And within budgetary constraints, we are very proud of the support we have received “

He revealed that the said money was meant for a period of three years and the commission had already received N17.2 billion out of the 30 billion, adding that N940 million was spent on the redundant staff sacked in 2012.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/406-sacked-staff-to-face-criminal-charges-says-nimc/209464/
Re: NIMC: 406 Sacked Staff To Face Criminal Charges by okooloyun1(m): 7:55am On May 16, 2015
NIMC recruitment fraud, NIMC I.D card fraud, NIMC staff fraud the commission itself fraud.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIMC: 406 Sacked Staff To Face Criminal Charges by maggilove(f): 7:56am On May 16, 2015
They should be tried and if found guilty, punishment follows.

3 Likes

Re: NIMC: 406 Sacked Staff To Face Criminal Charges by politricks: 7:56am On May 16, 2015
Jkyoung:
Nigeria is becoming more boring every day, Arise O Biafra, The light at the end of the tunnel and shine on your own
Your post sounds like what an herbalist would say if he wants to resurrect a dead person.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NIMC: 406 Sacked Staff To Face Criminal Charges by fitzmayowa: 7:56am On May 16, 2015
Atleast this would serve as a lesson for those who indulge in falsifying their records for their own selfish interest...
Re: NIMC: 406 Sacked Staff To Face Criminal Charges by Cymbal: 7:56am On May 16, 2015
4O6.....corruption is everywhere..HOPING JUSTICE SPREADS TO EVERY SECTOR OF THE ECONOMY....
Re: NIMC: 406 Sacked Staff To Face Criminal Charges by jaybee3(m): 7:56am On May 16, 2015
Phew
Re: NIMC: 406 Sacked Staff To Face Criminal Charges by Nobody: 7:56am On May 16, 2015
It better cos we knw that they are all corrupt

Plenty thief in Nigeria

I hop there wld b a change in all dis
Re: NIMC: 406 Sacked Staff To Face Criminal Charges by CountDracula(m): 7:57am On May 16, 2015
Pic of their Sack letters?
Re: NIMC: 406 Sacked Staff To Face Criminal Charges by Nobody: 7:57am On May 16, 2015
Cymbal:
K

K for kettle
Re: NIMC: 406 Sacked Staff To Face Criminal Charges by Nobody: 7:57am On May 16, 2015
headtik:
h

H for house
H for headtik

1 Like

corrupt men and women everywhere
Re: NIMC: 406 Sacked Staff To Face Criminal Charges by Nobody: 7:58am On May 16, 2015
What I don't understand is why the ID card of a thing will stay for more than a year without you receiving it. If the equipments are available, it shouldn't take beyond a week or two to get d original ID

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NIMC: 406 Sacked Staff To Face Criminal Charges by Nobody: 7:58am On May 16, 2015
Nigeria is becoming more boring every day, Arise O Biafra, The light at the end of the tunnel and shine on your own

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIMC: 406 Sacked Staff To Face Criminal Charges by SIRKOL(m): 7:58am On May 16, 2015
corruption flows from the river of greed nd self centredness. Many ppl r dying because they hv no food some are crying because they only hv for once in a day, yet some ppl are enriching themselves nd storing 4 their unborn children. Sack dem, jail dem, seaze all their acquired properties let them know what it means to leave with nothing, then kill dem
Re: NIMC: 406 Sacked Staff To Face Criminal Charges by Chanchit: 7:59am On May 16, 2015
Na Wah o! What's so special about this news that made it fly to the FP with just one comment which was even a "." Sign as at thetime I finished reading It.
Re: NIMC: 406 Sacked Staff To Face Criminal Charges by loomer: 7:59am On May 16, 2015
At least make una paint their cells o, so that them go enjoy life in prison small
Re: NIMC: 406 Sacked Staff To Face Criminal Charges by biafransoul: 8:00am On May 16, 2015
Am I supposed to comment on this? Well, I can only say sorry Nigerians; you have all being duped once again. Meanwhile, any available good news?

1 Like

Re: NIMC: 406 Sacked Staff To Face Criminal Charges by Husten: 8:01am On May 16, 2015
Am tired of did NIMC shit. I did my enrolement since 2013 nd uptill date hav nt been issued my card, jux d temporary paper. I tink d DG of d commission shld b sacked as well. Dis country wit incompetent hands. Only God can tell wen I will gt my national ID

6 Likes

Re: NIMC: 406 Sacked Staff To Face Criminal Charges by Cymbal: 8:01am On May 16, 2015
emperorceaser:

K for kettle
All thanks to ur Primary school teachers.
Re: NIMC: 406 Sacked Staff To Face Criminal Charges by Nobody: 8:02am On May 16, 2015
loomer:
At least make una paint their cells o, so that them go enjoy life in prison small
so dumb mister, grow up
Re: NIMC: 406 Sacked Staff To Face Criminal Charges by phemmy88(m): 8:02am On May 16, 2015
Lots of Nairaland noisemakers involved..!
Re: NIMC: 406 Sacked Staff To Face Criminal Charges by msmon(m): 8:02am On May 16, 2015
Noted. Let them including director general face justice.

PDP Crisis: Party Leaders Plot Change Of Name,
Merger With Smaller Parties

www.nairaland.com/2317157/pdp-crisis-party-leaders-plot
Re: NIMC: 406 Sacked Staff To Face Criminal Charges by Nobody: 8:03am On May 16, 2015
loomer:
so dumb mister, grow up....
Re: NIMC: 406 Sacked Staff To Face Criminal Charges by kennydee05(m): 8:03am On May 16, 2015
Ok.
Sanity is returning back to my beloved Nigeria.
All the same, the Fear of Buhari is the beginning of corrupt free ministries and parastatal....
This Baba is for real
Re: NIMC: 406 Sacked Staff To Face Criminal Charges by freshness2020: 8:04am On May 16, 2015
I don't know how many years it will take them just to produce a plastic I.d card...mtcheeew.
Re: NIMC: 406 Sacked Staff To Face Criminal Charges by niceguy7(m): 8:04am On May 16, 2015
Ok nau.......buhariphobia. angry
Re: NIMC: 406 Sacked Staff To Face Criminal Charges by manutdadex(m): 8:04am On May 16, 2015
corruption runs in our blood

1 Like

Re: NIMC: 406 Sacked Staff To Face Criminal Charges by loomer: 8:04am On May 16, 2015
Jkyoung:
so dumb mister, grow up....

Na ur problem be that.

If u no wake up from the right side of bed, I advice say make u go slp back.
Re: NIMC: 406 Sacked Staff To Face Criminal Charges by Nobody: 8:05am On May 16, 2015
Cymbal:

All thanks to ur Primary school teachers.
Lol
U scramble to comment.
U ain't fast in typing or what

Y using K to book. Dat shows u ar slow
Re: NIMC: 406 Sacked Staff To Face Criminal Charges by Makanjuolaa(m): 8:05am On May 16, 2015
nawao

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yakubu Dogara "Jonathan's Choices Caused Nigeria's Current Economic Realities" / Buhari's Case: Justice Abang Removes Self / Anambra Election: We Didn't Disqualify APGA - INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.