Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,218 members, 7,815,257 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. (35165 Views)

PIB: Kano, Kaduna, Lagos Listed As Host Communities / Ipob Shouldnt Dare Include The Delta In Their Biafra Dreams / This Is What Happens When You Include The People From The East In Your Affairs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by anyaekekehinde(m): 6:02am On May 17, 2015
PassingShot:

How much benefit does the crude give you if a community decides not to allow the pipelines pass through their land?

will such a community that prevent pipeline passing through their land not use petroleum products

2 Likes

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by stanech: 6:17am On May 17, 2015
anyaekekehinde:

will such a community that prevent pipeline passing through their land not use petroleum products

Thank you sir. Some people don loose their sense finish because of oil. So if the nw sw se nc and ne buy oil from the ss na ss go suppose pay for the transport of the oil? I am prett sure that the incoming administration will be the hand that will finally push for the dissolution of this scam called Nigeria.
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by ibietela2(m): 6:41am On May 17, 2015
IzonOwei:
where the hell are you from?

OYO STATE
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by ibietela2(m): 6:51am On May 17, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

In Arepo, Ogun State, there is pipeline vandalization. If Jonathan feels giving OPC the contract to protect the pipelines there is necessary, why should the land not enjoy the PIB (cleaning up) when the pipes are vandalized or there is a spill? For me, just like PasshingShot, it should be 70-30. The Niger Delta should get 70% while others should get 30%.

The entire country(others) ?
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by ibietela2(m): 7:06am On May 17, 2015
[s]
PassingShot:

I be wafe but we need understand say we all na one nah
grin cheesy cool

[/s]
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 7:17am On May 17, 2015
Er0ticAngela:
Emeka Ihedioha, the deputy speaker, an ibo man was the one who presided over the meeting of the house. I wonder why you are now blaming the Fulani

So if he was presiding, he should cancel the amendment. Does he have the powers to do so. Who brought the amendment in the first place. Why was the yes greater than the nays, who constituted majority of the yes.

The speaker has no power to cancel any issue raised by any member of the house he just presides over the activities of the house.

3 Likes

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Imortal001: 7:50am On May 17, 2015
Sweetguy25:
Jesus christ! I don't even know what to say. Everyday I wake hoping to acknowledge something positive about this country of ours that will give me hope about our future but the more I try give myself hope and find reasons that this country will change and progress, I see a thousand reasons why this country will continue to go down as a cesspit. Nigeria sucks big time. This country is disgusting.
The level of injustice, hatred, greed, selfishness, impunity, ignorance, anger, prejudice and other disgusting human evils that has been perpetuated and being perpetuated in this useless country is out of proportion and unrivaled by any society in this world.
And you sound disgusting for typing this sheet, you dont have respect for your motherland thats if you are a nigerian.
Stop thinking from your anus next time you want to talktype about NIGERIA!
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by VULCAN(m): 7:56am On May 17, 2015
@eroticangela

You sound very young so I won't blame you for not knowing that The House Of Reps is not a Primary School class where the Class teacher sits in front , presides over the kids and has power over them. This is a public forum so you must educate yourself properly before you come here to show your deep ignorance. Ihedioha has one vote, let me repeat for emphasis- one vote. Whoever presides over The House doesnt have the power to cancel a vote just because he doesnt like it personally. Let me repeat for emphasis. The House of Reps is not a primary school class. Majority votes belong to the Northern Reps as they are more in number than Reps from the South. That is why people are blaming the North.I hope with this little explanation I have been able to inform you on what most adults in Nigeria already know.

Er0ticAngela:
very convenient for you jackass' to blame the north for all your problems. Red the article again; Emeka Ihedioha, the deputy speaker, an ibo man was the one who presided over the meeting of the house when the ammendment was made, but here you are, frothing in the mouth like mad dogs, blaming the North

5 Likes

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by situationroom: 9:06am On May 17, 2015
dicefrost:
This is pure nonsense. The PHCF clause was included to protect communities whose environment is damaged by petroleum exploration. If you the entire country is the host community, it means we offer absolutely no compensation to those whose land, water and air is being polluted to feed the country. Go to ogoni, go to some ijaw villages. Some of them can't farm or fish again because of pollution, not to talk of the adverse health effect. But then, what negative effect does oil exploration have on a community in kano or jigawa state?. These reps do not understand that equal treatment is not always fair, and fair treatment is not always equal.

my dear dis are one of d many reasons d south voted base on ethnicity
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by situationroom: 9:23am On May 17, 2015
Awoofawo:
angry wetin consign SW for this now?!

y e no go concerned den wen d is a conspiracy btw d two regoin to oppress the south
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by situationroom: 9:23am On May 17, 2015
Awoofawo:
angry wetin consign SW for this now?!

y e no go concerned dem wen d is a conspiracy btw d two regoin to oppress the south
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Awoofawo(m): 9:45am On May 17, 2015
situationroom:

y e no go concerned dem wen d is a conspiracy btw d two regoin to oppress the south

Where in the source article dem put SW bro?

Go read am well, dem say "NORTH ARE TRYING TO AMEND AND SMUGGLE IN A CLAUSE". how com you find SW IN THAT?

Stop being Yorubaphobia bro biko, ndo!

We in SW CAN only work with you folks to put the amend in the cool, if you people only know who real enemy is. Face North, just SW VOTED AGAINST GEJ don't mean the hate S.south or S.east. Thank. cool
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by situationroom: 10:11am On May 17, 2015
Awoofawo:

Where in the source article dem put SW bro?

Go read am well, dem say "NORTH ARE TRYING TO AMEND AND SMUGGLE IN A CLAUSE". how com you find SW IN THAT?

Stop being Yorubaphobia bro biko, ndo!

We in SW CAN only work with you folks to put the amend in the cool, if you people only know who real enemy is. Face North, just SW VOTED AGAINST GEJ don't mean the hate S.south or S.east. Thank. cool

your west excluded themselves from voting knowing full well that the north has a upper hand in terms of majority... just as the did during the civil war.......... its a matter of time you won't be able to hide your hatred for the south

by the way am not an Igbo...don't generalize it
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Cannonleo(m): 10:15am On May 17, 2015
Er0ticAngela:
Look at these silly people blaming the North for their woes. Emeka Ihedioha, the deputy speaker, an ibo man was the one who presided over the meeting of the house when the ammendement ws made; why then are you cockroaches blaming the North?

Are the Northerners the only one in the house of assembly? Why couldnt your reps vote against it?
sorry to educate u on this..u have forgotten that we have voice votes in the assembly or simply put aye nd nays...
take a gud look at the article and u would find out were the ayes nd nays came from.as for ihedioha he only does as the voices weight on the balance good day
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Awoofawo(m): 10:23am On May 17, 2015
situationroom:

your west excluded themselves from voting knowing full well that the north has a upper hand in terms of majority... just as the did during the civil war.......... its a matter of time you won't be able to hide your hatred for the south

by the way am not an Igbo...don't generalize it

So Yoruba are on longer in south of Nigeria?!

Indeed Nigeria ti jonatan like jonathan! cool
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by jejemanito: 10:33am On May 17, 2015
Forwetinnah:

Processing point***
What a laugh. ..you mean distribution point?
Cause that's what those useless pipelines are for. To send oil to you lazy bumbs
Don't mind passingshot he is a stúpid boy
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by perryy(m): 12:07pm On May 17, 2015
Nigeria is doomed. Just and see. We are not one, and those foolanis saying one Nigeria are just saying so because of the oil. My question is, if this oil is in the north or SW, would there still be one Nigeria? The answer is a resounding NO. #death to nigeria
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by superstar1(m): 12:24pm On May 17, 2015
perryy:
Nigeria is doomed. Just and see. We are not one, and those foolanis saying one Nigeria are just saying so because of the oil. My question is, if this oil is in the north or SW, would there still be one Nigeria? The answer is a resounding NO. #death to nigeria

Oil is in Ondo.

There is reserve in Tonkeji Island of Ogun State.

Lagos is a potential oil producing. May we never find oil there. grin grin grin grin
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by asapeola(m): 1:22pm On May 17, 2015
Its clear there r lots of kids on dis forum n pple wu dont analyse issues properly before jumpin here to comment.

The amendment, from my own perspective, has not taken anytin away from d oil producing communities! It only expanded d term "host community" to include areas thru wich oil pipes pass thru. Isn't dat fair enof

Pple shout on d oil spill in d niger delta, yes its a fact! Buh what is d fed govt (headed by a son of d soil) doin abt it. The UNEP report is gathering dust waitin to b implemented yet sum pple r shoutin phantom conspiracy!

What happens to places like arepo, sagamu, apapa where there is a network of oil pipes incase there is a savage attack on these installations?

This issue is just lyk d ish btw russia n ukraine. Russia has gas buh ukraine is d gateway for russia's pipes, so there is an agreement n if russia falters, ukraine simply locks d gas taps. Ba masala

Amendment or no amendment does not in anyway change d special status that d oil producing communities deserve buh lyk i av always said: the pple there shld hold their leaders responsible cos no other area enjoys such benefits they av.

It does not in anyway, reduce d niger delta to a mere money-making factory buh instead accommodated more pple whose lands these pipes pass thru. We all deserve from this "oyel".

Thank u.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by litetias(m): 1:32pm On May 17, 2015
Henrypraise:
On a serious note, dis decision is more nationalistic. I see no reason y a community shud be given 10percent of a companies net profit. D grants dat av bin given to dem since let dem giv us detailed report.

Wit so many companies at soukobolou in delta state, I was surprise wen I saw school children trekking abt 12-15kilometers every day to go to sch, I asked a question y can d companies not provide buses for d community n I was shown a luxurious bus n told it was provided by one of the companies for the students but the community executives hired d bus to a company for daily pay.

Again I was shown anoda spoilt bus been sold for scrap metal by one of the "lords" in the community n I was told it got spoilt n no one bothered to repair or fix it.

Dis bill n d change in clauses will enable niger deltans wake up n re assess their selfish characters.

You're absolutely right!
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by omolami: 2:14pm On May 17, 2015
It is either d house do not understand English meaning of host community or someone upstreams wants to try someone downstream Let the Niger delta braise up and nigeria might wake up to discover the real host community has taken over their oil. Don't try d patience of ND militants please.
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Nobody: 2:20pm On May 17, 2015
engrkenny:

OLODO! are Igbos the petroleum host communities?? Why can't you leave Igbos alone? This is the most painful part, this one doesn't even know what host community means.
u are the olodo who cant read properly.ode,look at the post i replied before pressing the summit button.the 1d1ot i quoted was talking about the way nigeria was structured and i only reminded him those who structured it that way since u people suffer from selective amnesia.your mother is the d olodo rabata that is why u are dullard urself
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by situationroom: 3:23pm On May 17, 2015
Awoofawo:

So Yoruba are on longer in south of Nigeria?!

Indeed Nigeria ti jonatan like jonathan! cool

pls you are in a world of your own....don't claim to be a part of the south....leave us,we will deal with our problems...

av u seen the north west betray the north east or central?
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by tonychristopher: 3:32pm On May 17, 2015
Wetin concern me ..the stupud south south was told igbo are bad ....during the biafran war ...now look at it

Bunch of idiotts
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Awoofawo(m): 3:46pm On May 17, 2015
situationroom:

pls you are in a world of your own....don't claim to be a part of the south....leave us,we will deal with our problems...

av u seen the north west betray the north east or central?

No need to engage you again bro!

The kind painment this election put for some people belly no be here o!

I REPRE ODU'A REPUBLIC!!!

Ti e ba ni e se mo, a wa papa o se mo!!! To your tents o Isreal!
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by 400billionman: 7:19pm On May 17, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
l pity the Niger deltans.My prayers and sorrows are with you as you go through this trivals.Their envioment is being degraded by oil exploration but the hole country is the host community.

Nigerdelta una good morning ooh

Buhari and his people have already stated..

1 Like

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Bloggz74(m): 10:30pm On May 17, 2015
Supervised D-A-Y-L-I-G-H-T R-O-B-B-E-R-Y!

Diaaris God OooOoooo!

1 Like

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by shady26(m): 10:55pm On May 17, 2015
Er0ticAngela:
and whats the arguement of your lunatic brothers who are already blaming the north?

In the article, we didnt see the name of any northern rep who supported or opposed the motion, so why then were you scums hurriedly blaming us?
Do us a favor, Google "Northern Lawmakers kick against PIB Passage" you will have all the proof you need from day 1. you can try same search with South east or South South Lawmakers for different results...cheers
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by tonychristopher: 6:44am On May 18, 2015
darlingboyz:
Yes there is nothing we can do about it....but the north and west should remember that we are no longer in (1966)...if this persist hmmmm.something go happen ooooo.....because our republic is certain.. NIGER DELTA REPUBLIC and those fools that called themselves lawmakers should make their own and we in the Niger Deltans we have our own laws too.....if na their land them dey vandalize or an their river and air them dey pollute these NASS go soon tell us

Which Niger delta republic ..joor hope u have seen how they have been raping u....I laugh ...

Now who. Is afraid of igbo ...one Nigeria ..inshort the whole ecowas is host
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by tonychristopher: 6:58am On May 18, 2015
devour129:
I blame Jonathan ! imagine he spent all these years empowering the eastern region instead of licking northern ass ! It imagine if he used the power to make sure more states are created in d east , better roads ,or even moving the seat of power to the east ( nobody should talk rubbish after all a northerner did it n nigeria didn't divide ) . Charity begins at home they say but Jonathan is so daft .

Cluelessness is inherent in Niger delta so I am not suprused ..when biafra was on their fathers couldn't see the future they were enmeshed in Kaikai drinking that they couldnt smell the cofee now I will say good morning to Niger delta ..that is if they have woken up

Bunch of clueless region
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Happywoman(f): 1:21pm On May 18, 2015
If mend no fit blow all Oil welll to smithereens, paralyse d goddame oil mkt na dat one go pain me pass.

Make all of us go back to farming. This injustice dey sickeningm
Gosh ! What and insult!

If only this oil was in d north or west, d contraption called Naija would have since been a tale for history classes.

Amechi ! Good morning!
Your goat don born quints!
Enjoy!
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by free13: 1:52pm On May 18, 2015
What the hell is this? angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Atiku Campaign Spokesman, Bwala Accidentally Says PDP Won’t Win 2023 Presidency / Do Not Accept Governor Fayose's Food, Rams - Imams Tell Ekiti Muslims / Caption This Photo Of CAN President Oritsejafor & New Delta Governor.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.