Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. (35163 Views)

PIB: Kano, Kaduna, Lagos Listed As Host Communities / Ipob Shouldnt Dare Include The Delta In Their Biafra Dreams / This Is What Happens When You Include The People From The East In Your Affairs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by zik4ever: 1:20pm On May 21, 2015
Nairalandinfo:

Good Morning, Isaac Boro & Ken Saro-wiwa & South South

It is not surprising to know the people that supported that bill.......Ishaka Mohammed Bawa is from JIGAWA state in the NORTH

Please cross check. I think he is from Taraba State not Jigawa.
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by zik4ever: 1:33pm On May 21, 2015
People, no need for all the insults and tribal exchanges! I can assure you this bill won’t be passed! It has a long way to go. Even if passed by the House of Reps, the Senate needs to pass or concur with it before it is passed to the President for his assent or they (the lawmakers can override him). I don’t see all these happening before 29th May.
That said, no single region or 2 regions can really team up to lord it over others as supposed. In the last election, APC won 4 geo-political zones including North-Central where there are sizeable Christians. It was a mass revolt against PDP even if as we know, so many persons in APC are PDP at heart. Several Yorubas (I am not Yoruba) voted Jonathan so no need to insult the entire Yorubas. No need to insult Igbo, Ijaw or any tribe. The outgoing government had all the powers, opportunity and resources to so develop this country including the Niger Delta where the President comes from such that even the blind, deaf and dumb would have defied whatever supposed sentiment and voted them back in.
By the way I am not APC and do not have what I see as misplaced messianic expectations from the APC. Something just had to give and PDP had gotten 16 years but it’s not only about the Federal Government. I wonder why we don’t hold our National Assembly members, States and LGAs accountable. It’s not just political party matter. Some PDP Governors performed well and so did some APC Governors. The elections have come and gone. Let’s move forward and hold the incoming Government at all levels accountable irrespective of their party, religion or tribe.

1 Like

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by ocelot2006(m): 5:57am On May 22, 2015
pazienza:

Not that I am interested in forming a union with non Igbo speaking tribes of SS.

But for historical basis and avoidance of presenting lies as sacrosanct truth. Biafra was divided into provinces, with each province having an indigenous administrator, and a high level of autonomy.

Biafra offered the Eastern non Igbo groups more than Nigeria could ever have offered them.

For a start, breaking away from Biafra if the need arose would have been easier than breaking out of Nigeria.
Below is a list of the provinces of Biafra and their administrators.
http://www.kwenu.com/biafra/biafra.htm

You say Biafra offered more to non-igbos. Care to list these "benefits"? 'cos if i remember correctly, the whole arrangement was forced with the igbos acting far worse than the Northeners and co, hence our staunch support for the FG.

But i still have to ask: why cant the Igbos go it alone? Why must you drag the SS? You guys share boundaries with the NC, so why not drag them too?
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by pazienza(m): 6:30pm On May 22, 2015
ocelot2006:

You say Biafra offered more to non-igbos. Care to list these "benefits"? 'cos if i remember correctly, the whole arrangement was forced with the igbos acting far worse than the Northeners and co, hence our staunch support for the FG.

But i still have to ask: why cant the Igbos go it alone? Why must you drag the SS? You guys share boundaries with the NC, so why not drag them too?

Lists of benefits Biafra offered the non Igbo Eastern groups that the Arewa-Odua gang up never did.

1. In Biafra, the non Igbo groups were well represented in the government, they occupied the position of second most powerful citizen and other juicy posts like commissioner for Health and Education.
In Nigeria, there was no space in Gowon government for the Eastern region non Igbo groups, they were no where near the lofty and juicy positions.

2. In Biafra, the non Igbo groups yearnings were more satisfied and cared for, cos in Biafra, the non Igbo groups had 8 provinces, where as in Nigeria, they had just 3 states.

What it means is that in Biafra, the interest of smaller non Igbo groups like the small groups of ethnic groups in northern cross rivers,who feared Efik-Ibibio-Annang domination were taken care of as they were given a province of theirs, the Ogoja province, same with the Igbo speaking groups in current Rivers state who feared Ijaw domination, they were given PH province.

Gowon states were all about dividing Biafra, Biafra provinces addressed the cries of marginalization by the people. Gowon state creation freed smaller non Igbo groups from cries of Igbo domination, and put them right into the hands of Ijaw and the Efik-Ibibio-Annang domination.

3. In Biafra, the non Igbo groups get to share a country with Ndiigbo, a people they have similar culture, political and social ideologies with, a people they had interacted and co existed side by side with for hundreds of years, and developed a near perfect understanding with, and now share a common religion( Christianity)with.

In Nigeria, they get to share a country with people they had no pre colonial contacts with,a people with culturally and politically divergent ideologies, a people they have no understanding with, a people United by Islam, for Islam is the uniting factor between Arewa and Odua.

Biafra on the basis of the above reasons, promised to be a more stable country relative to Nigeria.

4. In Biafra, they have more control over their resources, as they can all easily gang up against Ndiigbo and force a truce, in Nigeria, they hold no such power, as they are easily outnumbered and overpowered by the three major groups.

In Biafra, even if they chose to have the rest of Biafra partake in their resources, they would still have more resources left for themselves at the end of the day, as Biafra had/have a smaller population than Nigeria.

5. If Biafra became unfavorable to the non Igbo groups, breaking out of Biafra would have been easier for them, than breaking out of Nigeria has proved to be. Simply because, in Biafra, they can easily nullify the Igbos once they unite, where as in Nigeria, they would be easily outnumbered and over powered.
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by pazienza(m): 6:39pm On May 22, 2015
Notice that I never used SS in my reply, as the term SS is vague and has no relevance in the era of discourse, as many groups in SS were never part of the Eastern region or Biafra. And I never used the term minorities as it sound a bit condescending to me, " non -Igbos" seem to sound better.

Again, the Eastern non- Igbo groups were not dragged into Biafra, they were part and parcel of Biafra 1.0.

It's not in Ndiigbo nature to be dependent on any group, No non Igbo will be dragged into Biafra 2.0.
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by pazienza(m): 6:43pm On May 22, 2015
Head of State:
General Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-
Ojukwu, jssc.
Chief of General Staff:
Major-General Philip Effiong
Chief Secretary:
Mr. N. U. Akpan
GOC Biafran Army:
Major-General Alexander Madiebo
[replaced Brigadier Hilary Njoku]
Commander, Biafran Air Force:
Wing Commander G. I. Ezeilo
Commander, Biafran Navy:
Captain. W. A. Anuku
Director of Military Intelligence:
Mr. Bernard Odogwu
Military Assistant to the C-in-C:
Colonel David Ogunewe
Principal Officer to the C-in-C:
Colonel Patrick Anwuna
Prominent Division GOCs:
Brigadier Tony Eze, Brigadier Pat Amadi,
Colonel Joe ('Air Raid') Achuzie, Colonel
Nsudo, Colonel Iheanacho, Colonel
Archibong, etc.
GOC, 101 (ROB Liberation Army): Brigadier
Victor Banjo [later executed for sabotage]
Inspector-General of Police:
Mr. P. I. Okeke
Chief Medical Director
Dr. Simon E. Onwu
Chief Justice:
Sir Louis Mbanefo
Attorney-General & Commissioner for
Justice:
Mr. J. I. Emembolu
Special Advisers to the Head of State:
Dr. Akanu Ibiam & Dr. M. I. Okpara
[respectively former Governor and Premier
of defunct Eastern Nigeria]
Biafra’s Roving Ambassadors: Dr. Nnamdi
(Zik) Azikiwe (ex-President of Nigeria,
later left the breakaway republic); Dr.
Kingsley Ozumba (K. O.) Mbadiwe, Dr.
Okechukwu. Ikejiani, Professor Kenneth
Onwuka Dike, Mr. Chukwuma Azikiwe, etc.
Chairman , Consultative Assembly:
Dr. Alvan Ikoku
Chairman, Atrocities Commission:
Mr. G. C. M. Onyiuke
Chairman, Rehabilitation Commission:
Dr. S. E. Imoke
Chairman, Development Commission:
Professor A. Modebe
Chairman, Marketing Board:
Mr. C. C. Mordi
Relief Coordinator:
Dr. S. E. Cookey
Chairman, Food Directorate:
Mr. Bob Ogbuagu
Chairman, Housing Directorate:
Mr. P. O. Nwakoby
Commissioner of Home Affairs:
Mr. C. C. Mojekwu
Commissioner for Information:
Dr. Ifeagwu Eke
Commissioner for Health:
Mr. James Udo-Affiah
Commissioner for Transport &
Communication:
Mr. Felix Iheanacho
Commissioner for Education:
Mr. M. T. Mbu.
Commissioner for Labor:
Mr. Emmanuel Aguma
Commissioner for Rural Development:
Chief Frank Opigo
Commissioner for Agriculture:
Professor Eyo Bassey Ndem
Commissioner for Forestry & Animal
Husbandry:
Mr. U. O. Imo
Biafra Representative in London:
Mr. I. S. Kogbara
Biafra Representative in France:
Mr. Ralph Uwechue
Vice-Chancellor, University of Biafra:
Professor Eni Njoku
[ex-VC, University of Lagos]
Director, War Information Bureau
Dr. Michael C. J. Echeruo
Direct Military Aid:
Count Carl Gustav von Rosen (a Swede)
of the "Biafran Babies" [Minicon fighter
planes] fame.
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by pazienza(m): 6:49pm On May 22, 2015
You can see men of substance like Kogbara an Ogoni man, Mbu from northern cross river, Cookey an Ijaw, Aguma an Ikwerre, Prof Eyo Bassey an Efik,James Udo-Afia an Ibibio- Annang, Akpan an Ibibio-Annang, etc, on that list.

These were men of substance from non Igbo groups of Biafra, and of course, the second most powerful in Biafra, Effiong too was a non Igbo.
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by SOUNDKING: 8:15pm On May 22, 2015
CyberWolf:
grin cheesy Good morning Niger Deltans....The North & SW deceived you people that Igbos included you people in Biafra because of oil..The north and their ally has been killing and stealing your oil from time immemorial and just right now that it dawned on you people that you've been scammed, they swiftly moved to legalize it and they've succeeded. You people made a costly mistake by rejecting BIAFRA and Igbos so, your foolish mistake will hunt you people till the ends of time. The earlier you people realize that we Igbos want to build a formidable force with you to defeat your oppressors, our oppressors, and not because of your oil, the better for you people. Once again, una good morning oo wink

Moreover, the oil will soon finish and when that happens, this same people will cut out the Niger Delta from This Zoo (Nigeria)and throw them into Atlantic Ocean because by then, they are nothing but a useless liability..Some foolish ones are still roaming aimlessly on NL here...Niger Delta wake up ooo ...It's almost sunset..
the voice from the wilderness has spoken.
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by ijawcitizen(m): 8:34pm On May 25, 2015
Zico5:

Why re u including Niger delta in ur biafra. It is not by force, fight alone for the realization of ur igbo kingdom. It is not by force, allow Niger delta to determine their destiny.
Igbo kingdom? ...LOL

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise / Governor Sanwo-Olu Joins Buga Challenge (Photos, Video) / Is Nigeria’s Fuel Price Cheapest In The World Like Eniola Badmus Said?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.