Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. (35161 Views)

PIB: Kano, Kaduna, Lagos Listed As Host Communities / Ipob Shouldnt Dare Include The Delta In Their Biafra Dreams / This Is What Happens When You Include The People From The East In Your Affairs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by landinfo: 8:15pm On May 16, 2015
OboloMAN:

Chairman of the committee, Mr. Ishaka Bawa,
while throwing light on the recommendation, told
members that communities with refineries or
have oil pipelines traversing them, were
automatically “host communities.”
He added, “It means that even states, where there
are refineries or there are pipelines are host
communities.

www.punchng.com/news/reps-expand-host-community-to-entire-nigeria/

Good Morning, Isaac Boro & Ken Saro-wiwa & South South

It is not surprising to know the people that supported that bill.......Ishaka Mohammed Bawa is from JIGAWA state in the NORTH

3 Likes

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Osama10(m): 8:18pm On May 16, 2015
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by CyberWolf: 8:18pm On May 16, 2015
musicwriter:

I'm here to state the truth as I see it, even though I prefer Jonathan to Buhari. But, I'm not a political rat.
I didn't ask you who you prefer and nobody is a political rat..I just want to let you know that it's not easy as you think. The president can't just wake up and do anything he likes in democracy even if it's right..

5 Likes

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by monex(m): 8:32pm On May 16, 2015
PassingShot:

By what means?
The fact that the crude is pumped through a pipeline that passes through our land, I have a right to benefit from the proceeds as well.

so for cross-border pipelines, all countries will be host communities?

@passingshot please stay within rational boundaries and understand that the pipeline is for the benefit of the other non-producing states. if there is no pipeline (i hope you mean refined products though cos most of the crude is exported from bonny and forcados and the other offshore terminals) passing your state then you get no crude product.

if Nigerdelta were to be sovereign then there could be no crude passing your land even though the oil would still be in their ground.

remember that Ondo in SW has more oil than a SS Edo state. you guys should stop looking at these things as purely 'Yoruba+Hausa' against 'awon omo-ibo'.

i am more concerned about the fact that such social funds will be diverted by the states and host communities even if it is paid

2 Likes

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Ababadada: 8:39pm On May 16, 2015
Correct our people are sleeping
synergycom19:
Then the North will corner bigger share because of population. All politicians from the south south south east needs to be bombed
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Ababadada: 8:54pm On May 16, 2015
Opposition
cronsberg:
Shebi the ss was enjoying 13% derivation all these years yet with nothing to show for it. The free for all party has just been ended. Now the whole country enjoys the derivation percentage or non enjoy it simple. Militants contract cancelled, no more 13% derivation, next the un-natural federal allocations of akwa ibom and the other un significant ss states to be reduced drastically. The SS took the rest of nigeria for granted for a decade or more been pampered like spoilled brats. The game is over now. every inch of your soil is part of nigeria, so is every mineral resource found there should be nigerias.
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Strongfaze(m): 8:55pm On May 16, 2015
Story, there's nothing you all can do about it. We are all hosts to oil. The bill is superb! My point is that we have states (Akwa Ibom, Ondo) where one drop of oil has not been drilled from, but they are oil producing states. Why?

1 Like

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Nobody: 9:00pm On May 16, 2015
Er0ticAngela:
Look at these silly people blaming the North for their woes. Emeka Ihedioha, the deputy speaker, an ibo man was the one who presided over the meeting of the house when the ammendement ws made; why then are you cockroaches blaming the North?

Are the Northerners the only one in the house of assembly? Why couldnt your reps vote against it?

Get yourself informed on the representation before you make certain comments, else you expose your ignorance.

4 Likes

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Ababadada: 9:04pm On May 16, 2015
Yoruba man
jorlons:

Oga we are capable of fighting for ourselves and we will. Niger delta will not trust any of the majors.

2 Likes

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Nobody: 9:05pm On May 16, 2015
Awoofawo:

"Right of Way" "Owo Ona" "Toll Gate Charge" cool
lol... grin...
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by OboloMAN: 9:11pm On May 16, 2015
eleojo23:
So in the same vein we can say that we have a share in the oil from Saudi Arabia or the diamonds from Russia since we all live on the same planet.

I mean, we are all a community of earthlings, right? So we are all host communities to these natural resources. Not so?

(I shake my head for these lawmakers)

Very funny Law makers , so because a road goes through my community/state and the road is used to transport Tin, coal or any other mineral resource that qualifies me to be called a Host Community.

Giving a voice vote the North will always win (Simple Majority). I pity SS/SE lawmakers .

Nigeria is a big fraud

5 Likes

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by OboloMAN: 9:16pm On May 16, 2015
Strongfaze:
Story, there's nothing you all can do about it. We are all hosts to oil. The bill is superb! My point is that we have states (Akwa Ibom, Ondo) where one drop of oil has not been drilled from, but they are oil producing states. Why?

What is this one talking?

1 Like

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by mickey45: 9:21pm On May 16, 2015
This poo would've never happened if
Gej had faced his brothers n kindred first b4 thinking d north wld by reason of his helps (many of which they never thought they needed)negkect their brother for an "infidel" they've neverdone so unless told.
If the SS n SE had for once in their joint existence stood up enmasse n unanimously for their brother (evn thou Pdp won those states, d no of voters pales compared 2dat of registered voters) compared 2 d north where every indigene evn d underaged) travelled back home to vote.
If GEJ had trumpeted every little achievement.
If GEJ had not suffered fools gladly (no matter how Abba Moro, PEJ, Oduah etc had been useful to me. They cld've. Been paid off no matter hw much).
When they'll b done with d PIB ehn, Madueke n entire N.Delta wld've wished dey never evn dreamt of it.

All ur reps n senators are as myopic as blind mice. They never 4 once thought of any other bt themselves.
Else, evn if it'll b by lobby, intimidation, agitation
, instigations or otherwise, they wld have seen to d passing of dat document as is or wen it favored the region.
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by yummylookintoks: 9:21pm On May 16, 2015
ogene007:
This is a continuation of the conspiracy of the north and southwest Nigeria to control the resources of the Niger delta, just like what to expect from the Buhari/Osinbajo presidency. So much for the 'change' that was being trumpeted all over the place. I guess the militants will need to provide these two greedy regions with a rude reminder that the resources indeed belong to the Niger delta. I pity this country because the future really is bleak.

The funny thing is that the militants' families, communities and friends would die first before Nigerians.

The Hausas/Fulanis soldiers will kill the Ijaws like chicken going by all the names you have called them during Boko haram killing spree and Igbos won't be spared if they stylishly get themselves involved.

I don't know why war is always your way of resolving issues, but ironically your butt always get whipped each time there was a war.
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by mrtheo33: 9:24pm On May 16, 2015
D only tin dat wl put a stop to this nonsensical nonses is disintegration. Hw can an hausa man who do nt knw what a man in rural ijaw suffers cos of oil exploration claim to be part host cmmunity cos he has pipe passing tru his land. Infact, 1 nigeria my ass. Enough of this maginalisation.
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by darlingboyz: 9:25pm On May 16, 2015
Yes there is nothing we can do about it....but the north and west should remember that we are no longer in (1966)...if this persist hmmmm.something go happen ooooo.....because our republic is certain.. NIGER DELTA REPUBLIC and those fools that called themselves lawmakers should make their own and we in the Niger Deltans we have our own laws too.....if na their land them dey vandalize or an their river and air them dey pollute these NASS go soon tell us
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by mekd: 9:28pm On May 16, 2015
I no blame them, na Jonathan I blame
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by yummylookintoks: 9:29pm On May 16, 2015
bukky208:
until aguiyi ironsi came and spoilt everything and gave us unitary form of government.so why are igbos complaining now?when u are d cause of all these

God is punishing them now cos of their greediness.

Aguiyi Ironsi got there and destroyed a thriving and flourishing regional system of govt so as to control others region resources.

Ojukwu equally tried to secede with Niger deltans commonwealth but was strongly rejected by Niger-deltans. What did he do? He invaded their land until Nigeria made him to eat humble pie.
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by phil6262(m): 9:30pm On May 16, 2015
This is pure madness! Whaaat?! The whole of Nigeria as host community? I can't believe this is happening! This is a great injustice to the Niger Delta!! Niger Deltans should say NO! to this madness!
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by mrtheo33: 9:32pm On May 16, 2015
yummylookintoks:

The funny thing is that the militants' families, communities and friends would die first before Nigerians.

The Hausas/Fulanis soldiers will kill the Ijaws like chicken going by all the names you have called them during Boko haram killing spree and Igbos won't be spared if they stylishly get themselves involved.

I don't know why war is always your way of resolving issues, but ironically your butt always get whipped each time there was a war.

Shut your trap if your brain hs nt booted so dat u say smthing reasonable. Be sincere to urself n ur God, is dat recommendation by d rep correct

1 Like

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Strongfaze(m): 9:41pm On May 16, 2015
OboloMAN:

What is this one talking?
exactly what you are seeing. Is it written in Aramaic?
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by frehage: 9:44pm On May 16, 2015
PassingShot:

But our refineries will work again, soon.

Good. But over 90% of the crude is exported with only about 10% or so going through the pipelines.How about the pipeline communities benefiting from part of that 10% only and not from the total crude produced? You see it will be improper to categorize the entire country as host communities.
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Nobody: 9:48pm On May 16, 2015
yummylookintoks:

Bros you forgot that this war has been fought before and it was the soldiers who that were killed like chickens. Eventually the FG had to beg the militants with the amnesty offer.The creeks of the Niger delta is a s death trap for the Nigerian army

1 Like

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Nobody: 9:54pm On May 16, 2015
bukky208:
until aguiyi ironsi came and spoilt everything and gave us unitary form of government.so why are igbos complaining now?when u are d cause of all these

OLODO! are Igbos the petroleum host communities?? Why can't you leave Igbos alone? This is the most painful part, this one doesn't even know what host community means.

4 Likes

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Nobody: 10:06pm On May 16, 2015
So it has finally come to this. I have chosen to be apolitical henceforth, but I didn't know having a rusted empty uphill pipeline qualifies for being a petroleum host community. It's just hilarious, but last I heard the SS are defecting, if they're comfortable with this arrangement, why won't I be?

1 Like

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Nobody: 11:00pm On May 16, 2015
#Change! This is just the beginning! Change has come. Now the entire country is now "host" to oil exploration companies. Hmmmm

1 Like

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by udeh3(m): 11:26pm On May 16, 2015
musicwriter:

Though this's your personal opinion, but Jonathan was in power and position do make all those changes you pointed out. But, he didn't!.

You people talk so much about GEJ, is he a law maker or a legislator? What is the stand of d opposition on this new development?
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by NZEGWUAGU(m): 11:31pm On May 16, 2015
In One Nigga Area we stand! The forces of darkness are baring their fangs for one last time. Well they are compensating the South South for betraying the Igbos during the war. Why are you guys complaining? Saro Wiwa got his own compensation in style. Do you know the number of congress men and women that has defected to APC inspite of the treatment their brother got? For a fact, the most irresponsible and disgruntled Nigerians are in the South/South. Pls the South/South is not Niger Delta, it's part of it. Imo, Abia, Ondo states are part of it as well. They do not know we have been the reason the Northern and South Western thieves have not moved to occupy the South/ South because they are afraid of us the Igbos but does the South/South respect us? Given another opportunity would they not still betray us? Did they learn anything from the Biafra/Nigeria war? Imagine if we had sided with the North and the South West, what would've become of their oil and even their land? But they were gladly grabbing our properties after the war as abandoned properties. Well the sooner we work together and actualise Biafra the better so that all the injustices experienced in Nigeria would disappear. Nigeria can only get worse no better! Thank God the UN has invited Biafra to it's conference in June. Let us work together to achieve our God-given country where truly justice and peace shall reign supreme!

2 Likes

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by goodgood2(m): 12:22am On May 17, 2015
Nigeria is a zoo where minorities are raped. This is why I support the ND Militants. With this, don't tell me an average ex-militant won't dust off his gun in readiness for the Second Battle?
OboloMAN:

Pure rape of the minorities #OneNigeria indeed
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by goodgood2(m): 12:29am On May 17, 2015
The Outcome = The Second Battle.
baybeeboi:
just here laughing.......
Nigeria should just chill and wait for the outcome of this.
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by kingslly(m): 1:58am On May 17, 2015
There wuldnt have bin any need for so much pipelines if they hadn't gone all the way to Kaduna to erect a Refinery. Erecting all the refineries in the South and Maintaining the Groundnut hills in the north would have reduced the need for Pipelines. In fact Everything about Nigeria is flawed and questionable, i dont knw if anybody has really taken a good look at our Map and tried to understand the logic behind the Geopolitical zones ,why cant we have a Geographic South-East, South West and South Central like the have in the north? I think their sole aim was to Land-lock the Igbo tribe and Deny them access to the Borders and also cause division and seggregation in the south.Why do we have only 5 states in the fake South East? They maintained Unity in the North and are using divide and conquer for us in the southangry

3 Likes

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by kingslly(m): 2:55am On May 17, 2015
You are so Ignorant
Sibrah:
How many buckets of oil do you guys (SE) produce?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Suicide Bomber Attacks Borno By Chad Basin, Kills 2, Injures Others (Graphic) / Real Madrid Football Academy Port Harcourt To Be Ready By May Ending - Wike / Governor Sanwo-Olu Joins Buga Challenge (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.