Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,152 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. (35180 Views)

PIB: Kano, Kaduna, Lagos Listed As Host Communities / Ipob Shouldnt Dare Include The Delta In Their Biafra Dreams / This Is What Happens When You Include The People From The East In Your Affairs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by ibietela2(m): 7:06pm On May 16, 2015
0lumide:

Bros get sense nao.. APC is not even in power yet... If the news is true, GEJ can veto or he allowed the Bill pass..
They won't pass it now
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by abila122: 7:09pm On May 16, 2015
lato2:

PDP is still in government...dont be too emotional

Most of PDP lawmakers have decamped to APC so one can say 'APC is in Power'

2 Likes

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Awoofawo(m): 7:09pm On May 16, 2015
IzonOwei:
I urge the militants to get ready for a fight..this shit of a clause will never hold...the whole country host community my yansh...rubbish...so this is exactly the reason why many in that house refused to sign the bill...now I can really see what GEJ went through...infcat this country would become ungovernable if the useless rep members do not revert to the initial clause of only host communities as beneficiaries of oil and gas production...may thunder fire that house... angry

GEJ went thru hell with these bigots in the house who never wanted good for the niger delta..
Who president of Nigeria now, under whose watch is the amended. And why did signing of the bill suddenly become am issue in eleventh hour of Jonathan reign.

No one should be GEJ is doing everything to make the country explode. He is a pathetic Sore loser.
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Okeycima: 7:09pm On May 16, 2015
redsquare:
When it comes to Niger Delta oil, the whole country becomes 'host community'
But when other Nigerians say Lagos is a no man's land, my brothers from SW get angry. grin
brother am laughing becos this is too bad and am smiling becos our SS brother jux they wake up,from the sleep which the embark on since 1967,as an IGBO AM NOT SUPRISE AT ALL WITH THIS NEWS BECOS THAT HOW WE ROLL IN OUR ONE NIGERIA

7 Likes

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by abila122: 7:09pm On May 16, 2015
Adamo84:

Was the amendments done by APC You need a life

Most of PDP lawmakers have decamped to APC so one can say 'APC made the law'

1 Like

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by musicwriter(m): 7:10pm On May 16, 2015
major466:

The power to restructure Nigeria is beyond the office of the President. That power recide with the poeple of Nigeria. That was why GEJ convene the National Confrence to see how the country can be restructured.

Jonathan himself set boundaries as to what not to be discussed at the conference, even when public opinion was on the part of allowing them discuss "anything" about Nigeria, even if it meant a possible breakup.

That kind of restructuring you talked about in a previous post will not happen without a "no boundary national conference". Or better, a revolution. Jonathan had a clean chance to kick start the revolution by jailing all offending oil cabal. But, till today nobody is in jail, yet Billions are missing!. Nigerians would have marched behind Jonathan, if he took serious action against them.

Even Farouk Lawan a man that was caught red-handed taking bribe to stall the investigation of the cabals is walking free today. Alaighmaisia or whatever he's called also received a state pardon for money stolen. How can you then take such a man serious when we talk about war on corruption?.

1 Like

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Okeycima: 7:13pm On May 16, 2015
PassingShot:
Good development.

Communities that host oil pipelines deserve to be taken care of. After all, oil transportation is a key part of turning crude oil into money. However, the fund should be shared in a 70:30 ratio in favour of oil producing communities.

As long as people of SS/SE are part of Nigeria, the oil is Nigeria's oyel. Before oil, the country was financed and sustained by earnings from other resources from other part of the nation.
broadband abeg answer this question,WILL U BLODLY ACCEPT THIS IF IT WERE U?,WILL U BLODLY ACCEPT UR STATE BEEN CALLED NO MAN'S LAND IN THE NAME OF WE R ONE NIGERIA AND THERE IS NO INDIGNAZATION BECOS WE R ALL PART OF NIGERIA?.
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by musicwriter(m): 7:14pm On May 16, 2015
CyberWolf:
Jonathan tried doing it through national conference and I guess you knew those that fought against it? angry ...It can never be done constitutionally because those against it at the national assembly are way higher than those that are for it so, the only way is through sovereign national conference but again,it has no legal backing and those against it threatened that they will go to court. GEJ saw that if he insists on sovereign national conference, the court will upturn, that's why he adopted national conference so that when they come up with a referendum, he will coerce the national assembly to pass it into law during his 2nd tenure, but unfortunately he lost...So you see, we are back to sq1

I've addressed this in my last post before this.
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by CyberWolf: 7:15pm On May 16, 2015
musicwriter:

I've addressed this in my last post before this.
then why your silly question? angry

1 Like

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Awoofawo(m): 7:17pm On May 16, 2015
IzonOwei:
please ask yourself how its possible people benefit from just pipelines passing through there community in the U.S?..the highest can be a compensation to the said community and not some continuous royalty compared to coMunities where the oil is produced...

Well we the niger deltans are waiting...nigeria has come a long way and its gona go down if that foolish clause is not deleted...

"Right of Way" "Owo Ona" "Toll Gate Charge" cool
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by devour129: 7:20pm On May 16, 2015
I blame Jonathan ! imagine he spent all these years empowering the eastern region instead of licking northern ass ! It imagine if he used the power to make sure more states are created in d east , better roads ,or even moving the seat of power to the east ( nobody should talk rubbish after all a northerner did it n nigeria didn't divide ) . Charity begins at home they say but Jonathan is so daft .

1 Like

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by devour129: 7:25pm On May 16, 2015
People that are claiming this bill was passed under Jonathan all know the truth that Jonathan has no one ! He learnt that long ago . This northern agenda will never work , nigeria are too exposed now to let it work . So let them gather in thousands , shekua will scatter them in million ways

2 Likes

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by musicwriter(m): 7:27pm On May 16, 2015
CyberWolf:
then why your silly question? angry

I'm here to state the truth as I see it, even though I prefer Jonathan to Buhari. But, I'm not a political rat.

1 Like

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Stoical: 7:27pm On May 16, 2015
Until the whole clauses in the bill have been considered...then, I'll talk.
Until the bill is passed, then I'll know if the SS is asleep
Until I start reading reasonable comments, especially from some people, then I'll believe we are one Nigeria...

for now...I rest my case

1 Like

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by princewealth: 7:34pm On May 16, 2015
Awoofawo:

Who president of Nigeria now, under whose watch is the amended. And why did signing of the bill suddenly become am issue in eleventh hour of Jonathan reign.

No one should be GEJ is doing everything to make the country explode. He is a pathetic Sore loser.

I hope u passed through school. the bill is still been deliberated upon and u are talking about signing.
spend more time reading your social studies

4 Likes

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by ohenhen1: 7:36pm On May 16, 2015
This bill will not pass. The new House of assembly will have to start from scratch.
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Deluxewize(m): 7:39pm On May 16, 2015
dicefrost:
This is pure nonsense. The PHCF clause was included to protect communities whose environment is damaged by petroleum exploration. If you the entire country is the host community, it means we offer absolutely no compensation to those whose land, water and air is being polluted to feed the country. Go to ogoni, go to some ijaw villages. Some of them can't farm or fish again because of pollution, not to talk of the adverse health effect. But then, what negative effect does oil exploration have on a community in kano or jigawa state?. These reps do not understand that equal treatment is not always fair, and fair treatment is not always equal.
Application of distributive justice, though unfair to the niger deltans.
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Okeycima: 7:40pm On May 16, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

In the 50s and 60s, revenue sharing was 50/50.
yes becos every region was contrubuting to the national coffers,but today will u strongly say that every region is contributing to the national coffers equally?
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Awoofawo(m): 7:41pm On May 16, 2015
princewealth:

I hope u passed through school. the bill is still been deliberated upon and u are talking about signing.
spend more time reading your social studies

So why all the noise now... I don't support the subversion of people right and the born to rule mentality of the north.

But let be honest, Gej failed the ND ( infact the whole country) big time. He had all the opportunities to make a different but chosen to blow everything into the wind.

If that bill should become a law, ND should know that Gej is responsibled. cool

1 Like

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by synergycom19: 7:43pm On May 16, 2015
Then the North will corner bigger share because of population. All politicians from the south south south east needs to be bombed

1 Like

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by ohenhen1: 7:43pm On May 16, 2015
funkybully:
Give south east additional state, balance the representation, the Northerners are using their numerical strength in d legislative chamber to cheat d south.

But the south is more developed than the North.

Also oil companies are still required to clean up oil spills and continue their current social programs. Niger Delta ex militants are still getting 67 billion naira for pipeline protection, allowances, and reintegration programs. I don't understand why you are upset.
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by synergycom19: 7:45pm On May 16, 2015
Then the North will corner the lion share because of population.so unfortunate,I blamed the politicians fom the south for this. The North is only interested in the money they get from this country and the politicians from the south are basically after there own individual pockets
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Nobody: 7:46pm On May 16, 2015
PassingShot:
Good development.

Communities that host oil pipelines deserve to be taken care of. After all, oil transportation is a key part of turning crude oil into money. However, the fund should be shared in a 70:30 ratio in favour of oil producing communities.

As long as people of SS/SE are part of Nigeria, the oil is Nigeria's oyel. Before oil, the country was financed and sustained by earnings from other resources from other part of the nation.
Do you even understand what this is all about? The oil is for the whole country and has always been. But this PIB fund or whatever is meant to address the problem in the oil producing(host) communities because of the adverse effect oil pollution has on them. Jeez!

4 Likes

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by betty202020(m): 7:49pm On May 16, 2015
Sibrah:
How many buckets of oil do you guys (SE) produce?
two spoonful. is that not oil? i bet u cant even differentiate between crude oil and condenm oil.

4 Likes

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Awoofawo(m): 7:50pm On May 16, 2015
devour129:
People that are claiming this bill was passed under Jonathan all know the truth that Jonathan has no one ! He learnt that long ago . This northern agenda will never work , nigeria are too exposed now to let it work . [b] So let them gather in thousands , shekua will scatter them in million ways [/c]

Is the bold a confirmation that Gej has hand Boko haram activities?

That your careless statement just implicate your pay master.....
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by pazienza(m): 8:02pm On May 16, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

If a referendum had been conducted, the people would have still voted for the creation of more states. In all the places states were created by Gowon, it's the minorities that were more. Gowon's action was in response to the fear minorities showed over the domination by the majorities. It's a mistake for you to say the action of Gowon was undemocratic.

False. Biafra provinces satisfied the minority yearnings for autonomy than Gowon anomalies called states.

For example, the Ekpeyes desired a distinct region away from the Ijaws, the Ogoja desired a distinct region away from the Ibibios/Annangs/ Efiks, according to the colonial reports on the Eastern region.

Gowon anomalies never addressed those yearnings, his state creation was divisive, not to satisfy the minorities.

It is also on record that Gowon on the advise of the last British governor of the Eastern region, rejected the option of UN conducted plebiscite in the non Igbo areas of Biafra, fearing that the outcome of such plebiscite would not be to his favour.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by jorlons(m): 8:04pm On May 16, 2015
ohenhen1:

But the south is more developed than the North.

Also oil companies are still required to clean up oil spills and continue their current social programs. Niger Delta ex militants are still getting 67 billion naira for pipeline protection, allowances, and reintegration programs. I don't understand why you are upset.
It's upsetting still. Aside from amending the clause, you can tell that these so called legislators have not awaken to the reality of our economic situation and that all region needs to contribute towards sustaining Nigeria. They're rather concerned about dividing the little compensation from the oil exploitation in our communities amongst the whole Nigeria. That my friend is really annoying.

1 Like

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by emiye(m): 8:07pm On May 16, 2015
If that majority consensus will allow the bill to be passed , so be it, there are too many positives in the bill to allow just that clause to delay the passing of the bill, at the right time, an amendment can be made if well argued.
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by amclimax(m): 8:10pm On May 16, 2015
reading comments frm d lyks of cronsberg, PassingShot, and Er0ticAngela, makes me to wonder if common sense still exist undecided undecided

6 Likes

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by BushidoBlue(m): 8:12pm On May 16, 2015
Er0ticAngela:
and whats the arguement of your lunatic brothers who are already blaming the north?

In the article, we didnt see the name of any northern rep who supported or opposed the motion, so why then were you scums hurriedly blaming us?

I have one question for you, what is the voting procedure in the lower house?
Having figured that one out, what is the population of Reps members split according to party?

3 Likes

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by ubyways(m): 8:13pm On May 16, 2015
this is absolute absurd and ridiculous,this is a broad daylight rape n oppression to our people by hausa and yoruba. i cant wait to blow off that pipeline in my backyard. thunder strike those law makers who feels niger delta natural resources should be shared equally to the north and west. are they suffering the same environmental degradation with the host communities. i think its high time the ND people should stand up in unity and fight this evil collaboration

3 Likes

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by BushidoBlue(m): 8:13pm On May 16, 2015
amclimax:
reading comments frm d lyks of cronsberg, PassingShot, and Er0ticAngela, makes me to wonder if common sense still exist undecided undecided

Not really, you can tell from the way keep repeating lines of misinformation.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

What Tinubu Told Senators, Rep Members In Lagos Meeting / I Have Not Endorsed Buhari - Obasanjo. / Police Tear-Gas June 12 Protesters In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.