Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,152 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. (35162 Views)

PIB: Kano, Kaduna, Lagos Listed As Host Communities / Ipob Shouldnt Dare Include The Delta In Their Biafra Dreams / This Is What Happens When You Include The People From The East In Your Affairs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Blackfire(m): 4:10pm On May 16, 2015
Niger deltans... Good morning. Who is the leech now..igbos or your 1976 ally? I hope the SW wont be serve theres soon. The northern agenda is here...

18 Likes

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by ahaz: 4:11pm On May 16, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
l pity the Niger deltans.My prayers and sorrows are with you as you go through this trivals.Their envioment is being degraded by oil exploration but the hole country is the host community.

Nigerdelta una good morning ooh
everyday in nija I see the reason why gen. Ojukwu is a wise man while our grand parents were not. D earlier we nija deltans realize that we re not welcomed in nija d beta for us

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 16, 2015
I urge the militants to get ready for a fight..this shit of a clause will never hold...the whole country host community my yansh...rubbish...so this is exactly the reason why many in that house refused to sign the bill...now I can really see what GEJ went through...infcat this country would become ungovernable if the useless rep members do not revert to the initial clause of only host communities as beneficiaries of oil and gas production...may thunder fire that house... angry

GEJ went thru hell with these bigots in the house who never wanted good for the niger delta..

20 Likes

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by ogene007: 4:11pm On May 16, 2015
This is a continuation of the conspiracy of the north and southwest Nigeria to control the resources of the Niger delta, just like what to expect from the Buhari/Osinbajo presidency. So much for the 'change' that was being trumpeted all over the place. I guess the militants will need to provide these two greedy regions with a rude reminder that the resources indeed belong to the Niger delta. I pity this country because the future really is bleak.

13 Likes

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by PassingShot(m): 4:12pm On May 16, 2015
Williamso:

And if there's no oil, there won't even be pipeline discussion in the first place.
I beg you to be reasonable about this. States with only pipelines are not "host communities", and no way you can twist it can make it so. So pipelines now cause as much environmental degradation as oil exploration? Oh please.

Not that pipelines cause as much damage as that of oil producing communities. But in a capitalist affairs, the pipelines hosting communities have a right to benefit from such crude as well. No one is saying equal right but a certain degree of recognition and benefits should be accorded them.
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by CORRECTMAN78(m): 4:12pm On May 16, 2015
The north and sw are a set of indefatigable oppressors. The more you try to contain their excesses and believe a bit in the 'one Nigeria scam', the more they shock you to marrow.

4 Likes

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by HzRF(m): 4:13pm On May 16, 2015
xtervaganza:
This is one big fat nonsense. I'm a Yoruba but what these idiot reps are doing might escalate into what they will regret.

Why take the benefits away form the oil producing regions? I'm in ibadan and I see no traces of oil spill here. So why should they take the Niger deltas form of compensation away?

I don't agree with this bollocks. These frog eyed politicians just want more money for their own pocket

Awon oloshi

Can't believe osun is nw a host community

NIGERIA IS NOTING BUT A COMMON SHOW
ANCHORED BY BABA ALI, BASKETMOUTH, I GO DYE, ETC

7 Likes

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Nobody: 4:13pm On May 16, 2015
Na to de munch popcorn for my village for imo state cheesy when the katakata go start...
If rivers state peopl need ndigbo aid, first rename rumuigbo, rumuokouta, etc to their original igbo names Umuigbo,umuokuta etc

CyberWolf:
I de tell you my brother..Meanwhile Buhari has said he will deploy hundreds of battalion of soldiers to Niger Delta..What they will do to them this time around will make the Odi massacre a child's play..

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by nationwide1(m): 4:13pm On May 16, 2015
Injustice like this makes my dream of a greater one Nigeria shaky.

Have our reps read the story of Sudan and Southern Sudan? I forgot they don't like reading.

I'm afraid to say that Nigeria's disintegration is only a question of time because injustice can never stand forever.

6 Likes

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by tochstorm(m): 4:13pm On May 16, 2015
ocelot2006:

So it wouldve been better if we chose biafra were your town's men become overlords on the minorities? No fcking way.
no u don't choose biafra, nigeria will chose you! and by the time you realize.. you'll have been fuckkd up d ass's literally.

14 Likes

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by PassingShot(m): 4:14pm On May 16, 2015
KcMark:

May God punish you. May you and your generations unborn be denied of your entitlements. May the spirits of those who have lost their lives in the Niger-Delta struggle haunt you and may you die in a pipeline mishapsmiley.

See frustration mehn!
grin grin

You know what? G n D!
It's Nigeria's oyel and NOTHING can change this FACT.
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Obynolee(f): 4:14pm On May 16, 2015
babestella:
That is the reason why every one is looking for even one cup of crude oil in their state so that they could be declared oil producing state. Nonsense.

You're wrong on this,before any state can be considered as an oil producing state she must have remitted the proceed of her oil to the FG.Anambra State for instance,is not an oil producing state because of this reason.

1 Like

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by 4four(m): 4:14pm On May 16, 2015
Rubish.............
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by BlackTechnology: 4:14pm On May 16, 2015
CyberWolf:
I de tell you my brother..Meanwhile Buhari has said he will deploy hundreds of battalion of soldiers to Niger Delta..What they will do to them this time around will make the Odi massacre a child's play..

Go and sit down

You think we Igbos are joking about our alliance with the SS

Don't be surprise if Igbos pick up arms with the SS cool

5 Likes

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by freshvine(f): 4:15pm On May 16, 2015
Brugge:
Aside the environmental degradation, I am trying to find a document that allocated 10% to coal producing community in the 60s/70s, neither cocoa producing communities nor the groundnut producing communities as well. I am all for fair treatment, the issue should be how to ensure that the oil producing community are adequately taken care of in terms of prevention of environment degradation or salvaging the already degraded environment rather than making special provision for them.

The government established agricultural marketing and management board where local farmers took their farm produce to and the government buys it off from them, process and then export.

That's to say cocoa and groundnut farmers received adequate value for their produce, they also benefited from subsidized fertilizer, mechanized farming using modern agricultural implements and host of other government benefits.

Pray tell, has the oil communities been allowed to control 50% of their resources to help cushion the effect of environmental pollution they suffer?

4 Likes

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Tinyemeka(m): 4:15pm On May 16, 2015
I believe when a people are dissatisfied with their representation at the national level (Senate and House of Reps), they have the right to recall those representatives ba?

In more saner climes though. undecided

1 Like

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by HzRF(m): 4:16pm On May 16, 2015
PassingShot:

How much benefit does the crude give you if a community decides not to allow the pipelines pass through their land?
And d money comes from

1 Like

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by tochstorm(m): 4:16pm On May 16, 2015
study shows 70% of igbo youth knows their politics. 70% of other tribes are fanboys in politics.
just found this still trying to paste the source.

9 Likes

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by ogene007: 4:17pm On May 16, 2015
PassingShot:

How much benefit does the crude give you if a community decides not to allow the pipelines pass through their land?
I'll rather keep my oil while you keep your useless pipelines. Perhaps the north and the southwest will pump cocoa and groundnuts through the so-called pipelines. Rubbish talk.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Williamso(m): 4:18pm On May 16, 2015
PassingShot:

Not that pipelines cause as much damage as that of oil producing communities. But in a capitalist affairs, the pipelines hosting communities have a right to benefit from such crude as well. No one is saying equal right but a certain degree of recognition and benefits should be accorded them.

SMH... You've never been to a host community so debating with you is pointless
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by falseman(m): 4:18pm On May 16, 2015
When pipeline go begin blow we will say militants are foolish but the foolish people are in Abuja. It's crude oil and those Creek guys are crude.

3 Likes

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Adamo84(m): 4:19pm On May 16, 2015
oyeludef:
Before you blame it in d northerners, remember dat we r still in gej administration and d reps who took decision r from dis going administration. embarassed
God bless you

1 Like

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Nobody: 4:19pm On May 16, 2015
PassingShot:

By what means?
The fact that the crude is pumped through a pipeline that passes through our land, I have a right to benefit from the proceeds as well.
please ask yourself how its possible people benefit from just pipelines passing through there community in the U.S?..the highest can be a compensation to the said community and not some continuous royalty compared to coMunities where the oil is produced...

Well we the niger deltans are waiting...nigeria has come a long way and its gona go down if that foolish clause is not deleted...

1 Like

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by musicwriter(m): 4:19pm On May 16, 2015
It's over 5 years the PIB was proposed by Ms. Madueke. And the house of representatives is just beginning to look into it now that GEJ is about leaving office?. Do the maths and you'll understand why the whole country is being included as oil producing state.

The north have an evil grip on this country!.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by judiciarypalava: 4:20pm On May 16, 2015
Hmmmmmmm! War brewing

6 Likes

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by CyberWolf: 4:20pm On May 16, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Go and sit down

You think we Igbos are joking about our alliance with the SS

Don't be surprise if Igbos pick up arms with the SS cool
hey angry Before you tell me to go and sit down, you have to take care of this Silly Ijaws that come here to abuse Ignos because of our alliance..
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by HzRF(m): 4:21pm On May 16, 2015
PassingShot:

By what means?
The fact that the crude is pumped through a pipeline that passes through our land, I have a right to benefit from the proceeds as well.
And d monthly allocation is??
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by EmpressDiva: 4:21pm On May 16, 2015
Even my backyard for Mowe/Ibafo na oil producing region/area and peoples. During the fuel scarcity, na so them dey bring oil come for black market with magic because I still dey find where them dey do am.
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by major466(m): 4:22pm On May 16, 2015
In as much as we are making progress with the PIB bill, the House of reps once again made nonsence of the bill. Why didn't they stick to the original clause where oil producing locations are identified as host communities How can the host community extend the entire country Just because of a network of pipelines and refineries This is a recipe for conflict.
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by AhmedMustapha(m): 4:23pm On May 16, 2015
PassingShot:

By what means?
Your argument is quite flawed though. Do you mean that if I produce cassava in Delta state, the man from Ogun should benefit from my produce because I am transporting the goods by a road passing through his town? You see I don't pity the Niger Delta anymore, they had their opportunity to get things right but they threw it in the bin. Their representatives don't even feel concerned so why should I

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by BlackTechnology: 4:23pm On May 16, 2015
CyberWolf:
hey angry Before you tell me to go and sit down, you have to take care of this Silly Ijaws that come here to abuse Ignos because of our alliance..

Who told you they are Ijaws

I told one claiming to be Bayelsan to respond in Ijo language and he couldn't

Be careful

Yorubas are uncomfortable with our alliance cool

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Mynd44: 4:26pm On May 16, 2015
Those lawmakers must be high on weed. What is this nonsense?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise / Governor Sanwo-Olu Joins Buga Challenge (Photos, Video) / Is Nigeria’s Fuel Price Cheapest In The World Like Eniola Badmus Said?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.