Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,639 members, 7,854,668 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 12:02 AM

2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! (12594 Views)

Innoson Motors, Igbos And The Quest For Biafra: My Perception. / How My Sojourn In Yorubaland Changed By Perception About Islam / 2015 Elections: My Perception About The Yorubas! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by iconize(m): 11:02pm On May 17, 2015
sarahatuba:

Hehehehe wink

Preach bruh!!!

Soon, I'd be preaching to you in yo' room, lol! grin grin
Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by shady26(m): 11:11pm On May 17, 2015
Aegon:
"That boy calls you father, do not have a hand in his death"

Achebe used this incident in his magnum opus THINGS FALL APART to highlight a cardinal principle in Igbo Cosmology.

Goodluck Ebelemi Jonathan called us his brother, we responded in like manner.
igbos are also blindly emotional, that is also their weakness. they were willing to stand behind GEJ irrespective of what happened during the biafran war only because they still considered him their Brother and one of their own first,before and above any bUHari or TUNUbu & Changi Noise.....
Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by DiademSh07: 11:14pm On May 17, 2015
BlackTechnology:

And you think we don't know that Itsekiri Ilaje etc will follow you guys

Live with it

SS and SE are now Lower Niger Republicans cool
Dey there dey dream. You can take your aniocha/oshmili brethrens with you though.
Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by shady26(m): 11:20pm On May 17, 2015
superstar1:

Wandering descendant of Cain, running 100m dash in traffic to sell Gala, how market?

Hope market is pure today?
That my dear is called legitimate hustle,nothing to be ashamed of . i respect those guys each time i see them in traffic more than those homeless youths always lurking/loafing around Oshodi bridge looking for whose purse or phone to snatch in same traffic undecided

1 Like

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by highmood(m): 11:39pm On May 17, 2015
dearpreye:
These are about the most interesting political times in our history as a country. This is probably the best period to be alive in Nigeria. But these are also trying times. According to Tom Paine, these are times that try the souls of men.

The elections are well over, and GMB will soon be sworn-in as our new President come May 29, 2015. I recently created a thread here on the many disguised blessings that lie beneath the loss of GEJ at the last presidential polls. This thread is also about the many blessings. For all intent and purposes, I'm deeply glad GEJ lost.

I'm not oblivious to the fact that detractors will attack this message and myself as someone pandering to the Igbos. Its their call. Its their decision. Its their MB. Its their life. I owe NO apology whatsoever, and no one should expect me to fit their own definition of my life, values and person.

Before 2015 Elections

A few nights ago, I was in the company of my Ijaw folks. As expected, the last elections and the outcome cropped up. People are more politically aware these days. We now discuss more politics than we do wine and women; the latter two have been given some back seat. Its time to look and see into the future. We ended the discussion by agreeing the Igbos stood by our side. Now, some people may accuse the Igbos of doing so purely on some selfish or self-serving motives. That's their business; their alomo bitters!

A whole lot of us grew up with some misinformation and lies against the Igbos. These unfounded and foolish lies created in us some unnecessary suspicion and distrust towards the Igbo people. We were told they are always greedy, narrow-minded and cheats. But my experience with them has proven to be totally false.

My people- great grandparents never understood the vision and courage of late Ojukwu. They never understood his passion. They never understood his person. They never understood him. A lot of Igbos are even yet to fully grasp the vision of the great man; ours can therefore be pardoned. If you don't understand a person's vision, how do you work with them? Can two work together except they be agreed? So asks the Bible. Now, I know better! All those lies have been laid bare. All the misinformation have disappeared as I understood them better. All the talks of the Igbos cornering OUR OIL is plain bullshit, and are lies fed us through our past generations. Now, I know better.

It was due to that lack of understanding of his vision that led late Isaac Boro, a great Ijaw warrior, to side with Nigeria against the Igbos during the Civil War, and thereby strengthened the chains that have now come to bind us. That lack of understanding and subsequent support of the Ijaws against the Igbos that has also contributed to the precarious situation we have now found ourselves in this unholy and untoward contraption. We simply helped and assisted our oppressors. Even Ken Saro-Wiwa caught the vision late; the noose was already around his neck. Too bad. He still remains my hero till my death. Those who braved dangers for a greater and grander purpose are worthy of honour, dignity and utmost respect.

2015 General Elections

I was really ashamed of myself and our grandparents when the Igbos stood by GEJ. I never believed it. I felt we never deserved their goodwill and cooperation. I was particularly elated when the IYC visited Ndigbo weeks before the elections and tried to iron out some issues. Probably, some apologies would have been rendered. Never in my life had I witnessed the isolation that greeted my people during the elections. The propaganda and lying machine of the APC did wonderfully well.

The Igbos stood by us, even when it was so obvious GEJ would lose the elections. They have been maligned and insulted for doing so. They have been needlessly lampooned and denigrated for doing so. They proved we can have in them some BIG BROTHERS. They have proven to be deeply reliable, contrary to what media and the detractors would have us believe. They have been sending these signals to us for decades, but we didn't understand; we didn't see the signals. Now, the chicken is coming home to roost.

The Way Forward

Its not every battle you fight alone. Some battles require alliance. The North and SW just displayed that in the last elections. The SS has NO option than to appeal, through adequate channels, to get closed to the SE. Its has NO alternative. Any solitary agitation will end in futility. History backs my claim. The Igbos will so maligned and disregarded in the past are our only TRUE BROTHERS in the whole contraption. Its time to make amends. Its time to put off the cloak of division and prejudice, and put on the garment of unity, understanding and common vision.

My concerns go well beyond 2015. They even go beyond whatever performance GMB will put forward. I have NO faith in the current structure. Its backward; supports laziness and parasitism.

I'm not a secessionist. I love all Nigerians. I have NO issues with any particular people or tribe. But I love equity and justice more than I love even my own life. I just want a better nation; one founded on the tenets of equity, justice and fairness. And if the current situation doesn't favour these tenets, its time to look at another viable, peaceful, option. I have just one life, and it must be meaningful.

I'm not willing to handover to my kids a system in which they have no hope. I do not hope to bring them into frustration and injustice.

And to all Igbos here, you shall henceforth have my deepest respect and honour for being a BIG BROTHER. And if I have done anything to anyone of you, knowingly and unknowingly, this message is my plea for forgiveness, brotherhood, and peace. You deserve my deepest respect.

Let this message be the blood that is sacrificed for our unity, peace and oneness. God bless you ALL!

Dearpreye.
I just read ur post and ur name sounds like someone from Bayelsa. Be that as it may, I had my NYSC in Bayelsa where an old man regretted sabotaging the Biafrans because of the propaganda that the ibos will rule over them or the ibos are coming for thier oil. Though he gave me another reason why he was convinced to fight against the igbos during the war. You know, I still regard some people in the Niger Delta as igbos. During the slave trade, some people were lucky not to be sold and were unfortunate not to make it back home cos they could not trace their way back, but I ask where did these set of people settled after the abolishment of slavery etc? In Nembe city, of Bayelsa state, you don't kill a python and if you do, I heard you must follow a tradition for its burial. Some Igbos have same tradition, cos they don't kill python and if it is killed, the necessary tradition must be followed. But I asked, where did they learn this from. The truth is that you have been fair in your explanation. I don't believe in the breakup of Nigeria but if it will make all regions better off so be it. But then Ojukwu believed, the SS and SE could easily understand and manage the affairs better than being in a bigger country.
Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by highmood(m): 11:51pm On May 17, 2015
sarahatuba:
Its easier said than done....an alliance by SS with the SE will only create a bigger 'fraud' (as you call nigeria)...if the igbos want Biafra let them get biafra and if the SS want Niger delta as a country let them get it......I'm not in support of this alliance....let's seperate this regions from each other

BTW what are these 'lies' and 'propaganda'....

Y'all keep taking a step forward and taking a thousand backwards......
I imagine you thinking or saying seperate these regions.. Do you know the real reason why Nigeria was separated to regions and then states even when some people would have love to go with thier kinsmen? If you do not, asked a political inclined person from your place to explain to you and I bet you will learn more.
Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by realjoker(m): 12:58am On May 18, 2015
Wars are not started, fought and won on the internet. And so is action.
Enough of all this e-war threads by mumu e-warriors, you guys can do better than this, get a life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by nonaira: 1:19am On May 18, 2015
0lumide:

Please preach your SS/SE without Edo State and majority of Delta State. Also, remove asagba as it is a borrowed land from the crown of Benin..
Go and enjoy your pipe dream.. Bitter demons
Hatred has consumed you people's souls...
Tufiakwa!!!!!!!!!

Attaché. There's Nothing, absolutely NADA connects Asaba to yoruba or anything remotely close to una, talkless of other aniocha group. Thus, who made una our mouthpiece? Did asagba call you and asked him to become our speaker? Even the olukumi aniocha dashed lands too don't even considered themselves yoruba yet you come dey speak for Asagba. Mtschewwwwwwww Come force Asaba stay in your useless one Nigeria slave camp. Come force na.
Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by DiademSh07: 1:23am On May 18, 2015
nonaira:

Attaché. There's Nothing, absolutely NADA connects Asaba to yoruba or anything remotely close to una, talkless of other aniocha group. Thus, who made una our mouthpiece? Did asagba call you and asked him to become our speaker? Even the olukumi aniocha dashed lands too don't even considered themselves yoruba yet you come dey speak for Asagba. Mtschewwwwwwww Come force Asaba stay in your useless one Nigeria slave camp. Come force na.
Who dey talk of aniocha/oshimili people? Go sit your ass down, ss wanabe!
Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by nonaira: 1:27am On May 18, 2015
DiademSh07:

Who dey talk of aniocha/oshimili people? Go sit your ass down, ss wanabe!

Onye ara. You didn't see your ediot brother mention Asagba. Ewu gambia. Attaché by force yoruba buf00n. See whose calling someone SS wannabe. A SW untraveled illiterate desperately speaking for SS in which he is not remotely from and will NEVER BE from no matter how desperate you try compared to me from DELTA state. I know it hurts. You desperately want to be one, just like your typical brothers. Ntooor. Attaché

Next time warn your brother to keep us out of his finger tips. We are not one of una and we will never be one of una. Go find someone else to attaché to. Urhobo, iteskiri exist, go attaché to them.
Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by DiademSh07: 1:39am On May 18, 2015
nonaira:

Onye ara. You didn't see your ediot brother mention Asagba. Ewu gambia. Attaché by force yoruba buf00n. See whose calling someone SS wannabe. A SW untraveled illiterate desperately speaking for SS in which he is not remotely from and will NEVER BE from no matter how desperate you try compared to me from DELTA state. I know it hurts. You desperately want to be one, just like your typical brothers. Ntooor. Attaché

Next time warn your brother to keep us out of his finger tips. We are not one of una and we will never be one of una. Go find someone else to attaché to. Urhobo, iteskiri exist, go attaché to them.
You aniocha/Oshimili are wanderers! Only God knows how you wandered into Delta, which was part of the old western region.
That's why you people are SS wanabe!
Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by nonaira: 1:46am On May 18, 2015
DiademSh07:

You aniocha/Oshimili are wanderers! Only God knows how you wandered into Delta, which was part of the old western region.
That's why you people are SS wanabe!

Lmfaoo. Ewu Gambia that does not realize delta state is a fictional boundaries created by the government of that country grin grin Ediot. You think delta state was present throughout history. Do you even know what indigenous land is? grin grin my God the kind of stupid1ty yoruba ppl spew on daily basis, only God knows how you ppl were able to propaganda unaselves as the "most educated" all this awhile. Thank God real stats are coming out. You people are just bonafide illiterates.

Hehehe I know it pains you but delta never wanted to be part of western Nigeria that's why we voted to get the f2k out of it tongue tongue

Anyway I know how DESPERATE you wish you are from delta state. Let me come and once again tell you "ewooooo. Sorry ooo". Ntooooor. Attaché. Go back to your underdeveloped SW region and stop longer throat1ng for a state you will NEVER be from no matter how desperate you are. Hehehe grin grin wink
Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by yummylookintoks: 2:47am On May 18, 2015
aresa:
Who lied and what lies was told about ibo people?

What lies was told by Yoruba or Hausa people that made ibo people voted for and rigged on behalf of Jonathan?

Do you mind stating the so called lies?

Even how hypocritical and contradictory of you to highlight the fact that Yoruba and Hausa people conspired together to win the election while suggesting the SE/SS should do the same.

What about the whole country combined working together as a Nation to achieve our collective objective instead of the same deceptive and divisive nonsense that they did it so lets do it too?

With such mentality, how different are you from the people you are castigating and blaming your miserable lose on?

You people need to stop insulting our sense by rewriting history and making silly excuses about the fatal and voluntary tribal decisions made by thoughtless and short sighted adults in iboland.

You placed your bet on the wrong side of the fence and as usual you lost so deal with your loss and quit making excuses with the usual victim mentality utterances...

Deal with your lose or learn from it..

Thanks for a beautiful write up my brother.

Let me ask the fooll to pick up his pen again to write about the chain of events prior to 1st republic election and 2nd republic election in which Igbos formed alliance with the same North at the expense of the rest of us from the South; twice for cry out loud.

Who became opposition party then? Yorubas. What did we do to Igbos in our region when Yorubas lost to this alliance? Nothing. We moved on with our lives as Yorubas while their children go to schools freely here in South West on the initiative of Chief Obafemi Awolowo.

Who destroyed our first democracy and killed our own leaders and left theirs intact? Igbos. They left their own progenitors who formed the same supposed corrupt government with Hausas/Fulani Oligarchy intact and went as far as killing the leaders of opposition parties and of course the military leaders of other tribes. Why was Igbos in military and politicians escape unhurt in that coup? Presumably, other tribes are corrupt while no single Igbo military officer or politicians was corrupt.

After the coup, what happen? Igbo single handedly destroyed our flourishing regional system of government and forced unitary system of govt on us despite all plea from the West and North. Hunter became hunted when Hausa/Fulanis hijacked the system and used to their own advantage.

I presumed that The idiott forget to tell us about the people who went on the streets to fight on behalf of the same clueless brother of his when the Cabal held him to ransom.

The idiotts who wrote that gibberish probably forgot to tell how Jonathan won the same election in 2011 against the same Hausa/Fulani man called Buhari.

If you take your time to read my recent posts here on Nairaland, I have said it either online or offline that the newly established relationship is purely between The Ijaws/SE people; there is nothing like SS/SE. It ll be a suicide mission if Igbos want to go into any war or negotiation with Nigeria state with mentality of SS/SE.

You can come here to write your gibberish in favour of Igbos or stylishly change what we already know about them but let me assure you that whatever you write won't change what has been written about them in Nigeria history book.

We don't own the Ijaws and any living or dead Igbos any apology for putting them to where they belong either pre or post civil war. They deserved everything they got either pre or post civil war.

It's easy for them to show us their victim mentality at every slightest opportunity but scared to share Nigeria history with the rest of Nigerians. Why are they afraid to share Nigeria history with the world and the rest of us? They are afraid cos of all the evils their progenitors had committed will be blown opened.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 5:33am On May 18, 2015
realjoker:
Wars are not started, fought and won on the internet. And so is action.
Enough of all this e-war threads by mumu e-warriors, you guys can do better than this, get a life.

You're a realjoker!
Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 12:04pm On May 18, 2015
mayorchelsea:
Same slave traders that laid a foundation for you and I to be educated and come to nairaland to drop our comments in the slave traders language#JUST SAYING

You belong to the group of Africans who were brain washed that the ability to read, write and speak the Engish Lanuage is the same thing as being educated.

How do you feel when you buy a product and you cant read the manual because it is written in china?
The Chinese exports is the proof of solid education bro, majority of them do not know how to read, write or speak English.

Show me educated people, and I will show you creativity, productivity and self sufficiency.
You have natural resources, you sell them and divide the money into two.

One part to import food and the other half to import arms used to kill one another.
Shame on Africa!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 12:08pm On May 18, 2015
aresa:

Does it really matter how you hold your head left right center down or up? You lost AS USUAL PERIOD

Every coin has two faces.

Jonathan's loss is a great gain to us.
Only that what an elder sees while sitting down, a child who climbs an Iroko tree will never see it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 12:46pm On May 19, 2015
noblezone:

Every coin has two faces.

Jonathan's loss is a great gain to us.
Only that what an elder sees while sitting down, a child who climbs an Iroko tree will never see it.

That's the whole truth. Every loss is a gain!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fayose’s Govt Owing Only May Salary – Ekiti Gov / Gani Adams Dragged Before Efcc Over Financial Malpractice-national Mirror / Buhari Contested For President Many Times To Take Care Of Youths - Femi Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.