Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,576 members, 7,837,174 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! (12506 Views)

Innoson Motors, Igbos And The Quest For Biafra: My Perception. / How My Sojourn In Yorubaland Changed By Perception About Islam / 2015 Elections: My Perception About The Yorubas! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by after1: 10:58pm On May 16, 2015
Obiodunukwe:

The old man is a snake!

He is a frustrated man

He should continue with his insult, always blaming others for there own misfortune.
Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Obiodunukwe: 11:00pm On May 16, 2015
after1:

He should continue with his insult, always blaming others for there own misfortune.

He has a wife and 2 kids and yet he comes to chase girls on Nl- useless agbaya

Wicked old man

1 Like

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 11:03pm On May 16, 2015
Obiodunukwe:

U cannot eat your cake and have it. If you want to form your lower niger country, start working for it and watch how you will be decimated once again.

U guys like noise and are cowards. The rest of Nigeria taught you a bitter lesson at the last elections. The country does not belong to you!

For 6 years, The SS/SE ruled this country and turned the national commonwealth into their private bank accounts. The funny part of it is that the embezzled funds ended in private pockets with no development in your enclaves.

After the disgrace your leader suffered at the polls, you are now shouting lower niger all over the place like mad people.

Nigeria will remain ONE NATION - whether you like it or NOT!

hmmm you a real bean-head

1 Like

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Kennywills7(m): 11:04pm On May 16, 2015
barcanista:
It is shameful that some people think we should fold hands and smile to watch how some hypocrites run us down. I won't call any tribe but I shall vigorously pursue this course and shut down every enemy within. Our major problem are those enemies within that must not be allowed to have their way. We must resist them with all we have,
Thanks for d good work bro, we will continue to fight for what is right, the oppression of d Niger Delta must stop
We must keep up d good fight for d sake of our future generations in d Niger Delta

1 Like

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by kingbasil: 11:08pm On May 16, 2015
CyberWolf:

It's not up to that bro ...We will work together and come out alive victorious ..The small task for us now is to be [b]educating folks around us about the current political trend.[/b
]

May God bless you for your efforts. ou are favoured.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Obiodunukwe: 11:11pm On May 16, 2015
Chappie:

hmmm you a real bean-head

Thank you sir. I learnt from your father

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 11:16pm On May 16, 2015
Kennywills7:

Thanks for d good work bro, we will continue to fight for what is right, the oppression of d Niger Delta must stop
We must keep up d good fight for d seek of our future generations in d Niger Delta
Amen....

3 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 11:32pm On May 16, 2015
Obiodunukwe:

Thank you sir. I learnt from your father
sorry to disappoint you.. i have none...so i guess you are mistaken clout

4 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by TheOtherview: 11:36pm On May 16, 2015
barcanista:
It is shameful that some people think we should fold hands and smile to watch how some hypocrites run us down. I won't call any tribe but I shall vigorously pursue this course and shut down every enemy within. Our major problem are those enemies within that must not be allowed to have their way. We must resist them with all we have,

A word of warning: feel free to champion your ethnocentric cause like the scoundrel you truly are, without aiming missives at those who have adopted the status of observers. If you are at all unsure about how to navigate the straits of hatred and bigotry you are appear committed to, learn from the lessons of history. In other words, be very careful about choice of 'enemies' you unwittingly draw into battle. cool

barcanista:
this is just it! We all know that beyond APC Propaganda, non-PDP prominent Yoruba leaders like Afenifere, OPC, Rasheed Ladoja, Olu Falae, Segun Osoba, Seyi Makinde etc along with their large supporters are for Goodluck Jonathan. The good people of Yoruba nation will reject APC at all level.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 11:49pm On May 16, 2015
TheOtherview:

A word of warning: feel free to champion your ethnocentric cause like the scoundrel you truly are, without aiming missives at those who have adopted the status of observers. If you are at all unsure about how to navigate the straits of hatred and bigotry you are appear committed to, learn from the lessons of history. In other words, be very careful about choice of 'enemies' you unwittingly draw into battle. cool

And where did the post you quoted mention any tribe? You should consider some trainings on "Comprehension"

5 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by TheOtherview: 11:58pm On May 16, 2015
barcanista:
And where did the post you quoted mention any tribe? You should consider some trainings on "Comprehension"

Listen, you decrepit nitwit, your sleight of hand approach has been noticed.
You may fool some of your reactionary co-travellers, who also appear to found a new mission, but you don't fool me.

If you think that by couching your diatribe in nice flowery language, you are actually making veritable gains, think again.

It is simple - until you learn to watch your words on these boards, your unguarded and loose tongue will be confronted with a befitting response.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 12:02am On May 17, 2015
I call you, wise one!
Respects...........

Aegon:
"That boy calls you father, do not have a hand in his death"

Achebe used this incident in his magnum opus THINGS FALL APART to highlight a cardinal principle in Igbo Cosmology.

Goodluck Ebelemi Jonathan called us his brother, we responded in like manner.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 12:08am On May 17, 2015
who cares about Jonathan anyway? He is on his way out forever to dumpster of history. 12 more days and its all over sad
Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 12:08am On May 17, 2015
As long as I am aware, I pursue my interest as an Ijaw man without bringing or insulting another tribe despite disagreement. It is you that is making mountains out of my words. I have always maintained that we don't need any open confrontation with any group because we are pro-US and not anti-Others. Quit drawing me into a non-existent tribal battle.
TheOtherview:

Listen, you decrepit nitwit, your sleight of hand approach has been noticed.
You may fool some of your reactionary co-travellers, who also appear to found a new mission, but you don't fool me.

If you think that by couching your diatribe in nice flowery language, you are actually making veritable gains, think again.

It is simple - until you learn to watch your words on these boards, your unguarded and loose tongue will be confronted with a befitting response.

4 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 12:10am On May 17, 2015
superstar1:
Another senseless thread.

They stood with corruption and held their heads high.

They stood with cluelessness and held their heads high.

They stood with nepotism and held their heads hih.

they stood with looting of a never-seen-before- calibre and held their heads high.

If some people are not ashamed of their moral bankruptcy, blinded by ethnic bigotry and voted against the right judgement of good and bad, then such people are not far from Anini.

The rest of us did the right thing. We voted for change

1 Like

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by CyberWolf: 12:16am On May 17, 2015
sarahatuba:

Lmao you guys are funny sha

so if they call Niger delta, you will follow jump out? Hmmm don't even let me start with you..You are a fine small girl and this kind of discussion is not for you..kindly move over to romance section where your presence is needed. God bless you..

4 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 12:19am On May 17, 2015
CyberWolf:
so if they call Niger delta, you will follow jump out? Hmmm don't even let me start with you..You are a fine small girl and this kind of discussion is not for you..kindly move over to romance section where your presence is needed. God bless you..
And your opinion matters?? Last time I checked I didn't ask for your advice on what discussions I choose to involve myself
in....and don't call me 'small'...you know nothing about me smiley

God bless you too

1 Like

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by TheOtherview: 12:22am On May 17, 2015
barcanista:
As long as I am aware, I pursue my interest as an Ijaw man without bringing or insulting another tribe despite disagreement. It is you that is making mountains out of my words. I have always maintained that we don't need any open confrontation with any group because we are pro-US and not anti-Others. Quit drawing me into a non-existent tribal battle.

When you begin to use the amorphous "they" to characterise entire ethnic groups, as is shown in the screen shot attached, you are inviting problems. That's all I am saying.

And just to be clear; it annoys me to no end to see commentators from different ethnic groups (including mine) baiting others, when there is absolutely no need for it. It adds little or no value to the cause they aim to promote, regardless of how noble or ignoble it is.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by CyberWolf: 12:23am On May 17, 2015
sarahatuba:

And your opinion matters?? Last time I checked I didn't ask for your advice on what discussions I chose to involve myself
in....and don't call me 'small'...you know nothing about me smiley

God bless you too
undecided smally go and sleep..this discussion is way beyond your reasoning ok?

4 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 12:28am On May 17, 2015
CyberWolf:
undecided smally go and sleep..this discussion is way beyond your reasoning ok?
Sure thing 'bigy'.....hope when you wake up 2mao....you wake up with manners smiley

G'Night smiley

1 Like

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 12:29am On May 17, 2015
TheOtherview:

When you begin to use the amorphous "they" to characterise entire ethnic groups, as is shown in the screen shot attached, you are inviting problems. That's all I am saying.

And just to be clear; it annoys me to no end to see commentators from different ethnic groups (including mine) baiting others, when there is absolutely no need for it. It adds little or no value to the cause they aim to promote, regardless of how noble or ignoble it is.
Thank you for pointing that out.

4 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by CyberWolf: 12:31am On May 17, 2015
sarahatuba:

Sure thing 'bigy'.....hope when you wake up 2mao....you wake up with manners smiley

G'Night smiley
Gud 9t too

1 Like

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by TheOtherview: 12:40am On May 17, 2015
barcanista:
Thank you for pointing that out.

While I remain of the opinion that some of your recent outbursts were deliberately intended to malign folks like me, I did overstep the mark with some my harsh comments. Please accept my unreserved apology in this regard.

4 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by kaybams1(m): 12:50am On May 17, 2015
In this 21st century and age of enlightenment, you still see humans that reason like this: 'Our enemies', 'Our brothers'....spewing bollocks of epic proportions.

Everytime you visit nairaland, you must always bump on these set of deranged elements fanning the embers of discord with reckless disregard of their old age!. Goodness!, must everyone have a phone?!

1 Like

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by aresa: 1:10am On May 17, 2015
Funny enough, just before the elections, these jokers were all over the place spewing trash like GEJ till 2019, God bless Nigeria, God bless this and that, but after Nigerians rejected their Aso Rock crooked and corrupt clown, now they don't give a damn about Nigeri, now it's back to Biafra, now it's attache by force with SS, now it's our this and that enemies....

You are going to remain inside this Nigeria with the rest of the country and enjoy your sad and bitter loss...

How pathetic can you losers be... grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 6:31am On May 17, 2015
aresa:
Funny enough, just before the elections, these jokers were all over the place spewing trash like GEJ till 2019, God bless Nigeria, God bless this and that, but after Nigerians rejected their Aso Rock crooked and corrupt clown, now they don't give a damn about Nigeri, now it's back to Biafra, now it's attache by force with SS, now it's our this and that enemies....

You are going to remain inside this Nigeria with the rest of the country and enjoy your sad and bitter loss...

How pathetic can you losers be... grin

I can't talk of others , but for me, I'm happy GEJ lost. I've said it repeatedly.

My thread was purely my observation made during and after the last elections. No particular tribe or person is my enemy; I've long left that backward mentality. It's unprofitable.

It's not the first time elections are being lost and won; it won't be the last. Life goes on.

5 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by PedroJP(m): 6:42am On May 17, 2015
aresa:

Would you have voted for GMB with the same brother label uttered by him?

The answer is NO. It was all bigotry and tribalism to you as usual and also as usual, you lost...

How sad to even know that calling you brother was all it took to took for you to follow and FAIL.... smh...

So even if ur known enemy just deceitfully calls u brother, u accept him. Maybe i need to borrow u a brain. Once anyone sincerely mean and take u for a position, u treat the person in accordance. Reason Achebe said that, and not to accept Chameleons when they term u brother.

Maybe u need another illustration and a painful one now. Yoruba can't call Igbo brother and u xpect Igbo to consider the weight of that word "brother" when he truely knows that it's a scam. Yorubas can't b brothers to Igbos and need not to be labelled southerners with them. Wonder why they'v been acting like one after the civil war.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Aegon(m): 7:04am On May 17, 2015
peppyluv02:
I call you, wise one!
Respects...........

Thank you.
It takes a wise person to recognize another.
Let us make this wisdom count. That is the ultimate task.

4 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by bakila: 7:15am On May 17, 2015
Aegon:
"That boy calls you father, do not have a hand in his death"

Achebe used this incident in his magnum opus THINGS FALL APART to highlight a cardinal principle in Igbo Cosmology.

Goodluck Ebelemi Jonathan called us his brother, we responded in like manner.
Very BIG LIE.
He served the I in Igbo more than that in Ijaw.
Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by MizMyColi(f): 8:20am On May 17, 2015
I have never really seen the Ijaws as enemies.

They're not on the list of tribes to avoid, which was handed down by you-know-who.

The only protagonists on the list were Yorubas.

Well, I'm thankful I chose not to tow the tribal megedefegede against the Yorubas or any other tribe for that matter.

It's pointless and farcical at best.

Errrr....
Dearpreye, fine writ.
You write like one Adannaya I knowgrin

I just came to the thread to give LIKES to deserving posts.

Happy Sunday guysgrin

3 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by jendy36(m): 8:40am On May 17, 2015
sarahatuba:
Its easier said than done....an alliance by SS with the SE will only create a bigger 'fraud' (as you call nigeria)...if the igbos want Biafra let them get biafra and if the SS want Niger delta as a country let them get it......I'm not in support of this alliance....let's seperate this regions from each other

BTW what are these 'lies' and 'propaganda'....

Y'all keep taking a step forward and taking a thousand backwards......

Who Invited you by the way... I'm not trying to be harsh.

But you should have known at your age that some part of Igbo made up the Niger delta.... Google is your friend

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 8:43am On May 17, 2015
jendy36:

Who Invited you by the way... I'm not trying to be harsh.

But you should have known at your age that some part of Igbo made up the Niger delta.... Google is your friend

Cheers
they issue out invites now? who are you by the way? smiley

so youre talking abt the igbos in some parts of rivers nd delta??

and the other parts of niger delta

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Presidency Bars PUNCH, Others From Covering Buhari’s Benue Visit / Oshiomhole Is A Noisemaker, Says Okorocha / Boko-Haram Has Failed - SSS Public Relations Director

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.