Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,146 members, 7,845,795 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! (12569 Views)

Innoson Motors, Igbos And The Quest For Biafra: My Perception. / How My Sojourn In Yorubaland Changed By Perception About Islam / 2015 Elections: My Perception About The Yorubas! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 3:10pm On May 17, 2015
MizMyColi:

smileyYou far too kind with your words Bro.

Peak brand says to tell you it's in yougrin

It's IN me; It's You!
Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by MizMyColi(f): 3:15pm On May 17, 2015
dearpreye:

It's IN me; It's You!
gringrin
Tenk.
Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 3:17pm On May 17, 2015
MizMyColi:

gringrin
Tenk.

You're really welcome. You must have been writing for years! No doubt.
Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by MizMyColi(f): 3:22pm On May 17, 2015
dearpreye:

You're really welcome. You must have been writing for years! No doubt.

Errrrmmm
There's a doubtgrin

It's not been long I starting honing my writing skills.
If I remember correctly, I'll be 2 years old in Augustsmiley

Suffice to say though, it's always been in mesmiley
Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 3:30pm On May 17, 2015
MizMyColi:

Errrrmmm
There's a doubtgrin

It's not been long I starting honing my writing skills.
If I remember correctly, I'll be 2 years old in Augustsmiley

Suffice to say though, it's always been in mesmiley

It's always being in you. You've been writing mentally for years; you simply started physically 2 years back.

Just keep it up. It brings joy and satisfaction.

I DON'T consider myself any writer.

Your simplicity and conciseness is always commendable. Keep it up!
Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by ba7man(m): 3:34pm On May 17, 2015
All I know is I joined in a movement to vote out the most corruption friendly, most divisive. Most irresponsible Govt I've ever witnessed in my life............Forget all those tribal mumbo-jumbo.......spear throwing.............primitive mindset you guys love and keep things simple.

"GEJ was a failure and he was voted out"!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by MizMyColi(f): 3:36pm On May 17, 2015
dearpreye:

It's always being in you. You've been writing mentally for years; you simply started physically 2 years back.

Just keep it up. It brings joy and satisfaction.

I DON'T consider myself any writer.

Your simplicity and conciseness is always commendable. Keep it up!

Tenk Sir smileysmileysmiley
Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Aegon(m): 3:36pm On May 17, 2015
mobaking:
So in 2011 jona was not a kafir,when 16 was greater than 19 its ok.until When PEJ was calling the northerners born troway its ok.What happened to GEJ till 2019 GOD bless Nigeria Slogan u were shouting b4 march 28? #Hypocrites

God bless Nigeria. But that can only happen if the people if Nigeria bless Nigeria first. It is people that make up a nation and not the other way round. You cannot deny that the issues raised here have been raised before even GEJ ventured into politics.

GEJ tried to restructure the system by convoking a National Conference and thus earned some trust amongst true progressives. Even the few remaining Awoists from the west hailed it as a step forward, but this miffed the Fascists and their vassals. And the rest is history.

The Nigeria project is NOT viable. The current structure is skewed and already failing. Even starting from the constitution that is full of anomalies and contradictions.
For how long shall we keep revolving in circles rather than making true progress?

Even Awo himself, that epitome of wisdom once summarized Nigeria as a mere geographical expression. And for nearly 30 years after his passing we are still biting our tails and heaping injustice upon injustice. From those who kill their countrymen because a Danish newspaper published a religiously sensitive cartoon to a sitting President carrying out genocide in Odi and Zaki-Biam, to an elder statesman threatening to make Nigeria ungovernable because he did not win an election.

We keep running around in circles and biting our tails in thoughtless temerity.

Fyodor Dostoevsky once asked in his book POOR FOLK
" Can you build your utopia on the unavenged tears of even one single member of your society?
Answer that.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Rose2014: 3:40pm On May 17, 2015
Aegon:
"That boy calls you father, do not have a hand in his death"

Achebe used this incident in his magnum opus THINGS FALL APART to highlight a cardinal principle in Igbo Cosmology.

Goodluck Ebelemi Jonathan called us his brother, we responded in like manner.

The op engaged my attention so well that, unlike me, I've read ALL the comments on this thread.lol

Yes o

GEJ called the northerners 'brother' too but they threw it back to his face. Despite all the projects he cited in their place. Despite the schools he built for them at the expense of 2nd Niger bridge n the likes, we still stood by him.
Funny enough, if the election is repeated today, we'll still vote for him with no apology to anyone.

Only a true brother stands by you at all costs

4 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Rose2014: 3:45pm On May 17, 2015
ba7man:
All I know is I joined in a movement to vote out the most corruption friendly, most divisive. Most irresponsible Govt I've ever witnessed in my life............Forget all those tribal mumbo-jumbo.......spear throwing.............primitive mindset you guys love and keep things simple.

"GEJ was a failure and he was voted out"!!!

That what they made you believe. That was all they kept drumming in the ears of Nigerians against him

GEJ did far better than his predecessors yet as corrupt as they were, they did their second tenures.smh
Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Aegon(m): 3:54pm On May 17, 2015
aresa:
[s][/s]

Heard this so many times and it's getting stale and extremely boring.

When you place your bet on or singularly or collectively vote for any losing candidate, it means you lost your bet, it means your candidate did not win and you are basically a loser just like the candidate you placed your bet on...

You can play dumb and reetarded with the meaning of the word LOST, but the rest of the world know the meaning. You are a loser...

Life is not a game. You reap what you sow..
Me lose? How? Did any candidate pay or promise me anything? Am I unemployed? Am I supporting the "winner" because he promised unemployed people free salary? Is any candidate or politician gonna sit there forever?
BTW
Need I remind you that a certain femi Gbajabiamila is about to see all he ever worked for in the HOR swept away from him. He now needs the people who lost more than ever.

Not every "VICTORY" is a good thing
and
Not every "LOSS" is a bad thing
Chew on that.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 3:54pm On May 17, 2015
Aegon:

God bless Nigeria. But that can only happen if the people if Nigeria bless Nigeria first. It is people that make up a nation and not the other way round. You cannot deny that the issues raised here have been raised before even GEJ ventured into politics.

GEJ tried to restructure the system by convoking a National Conference and thus earned some trust amongst true progressives. Even the few remaining Awoists from the west hailed it as a step forward, but this miffed the Fascists and their vassals. And the rest is history.

The Nigeria project is NOT viable. The current structure is skewed and already failing. Even starting from the constitution that is full of anomalies and contradictions.
For how long shall we keep revolving in circles rather than making true progress?

Even Awo himself, that epitome of wisdom once summarized Nigeria as a mere geographical expression. And for nearly 30 years after his passing we are still biting our tails and heaping injustice upon injustice. From those who kill their countrymen because a Danish newspaper published a religiously sensitive cartoon to a sitting President carrying out genocide in Odi and Zaki-Biam, to an elder statesman threatening to make Nigeria ungovernable because he did not win an election.

" Can you build your utopia on the unavenged tears of even one single member of your society?
Answer that.

God bless you and increase your wisdom!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 3:57pm On May 17, 2015
Rose2014:

The op engaged my attention so well that, unlike me, I've read ALL the comments on this thread.lol

Yes o

GEJ called the northerners 'brother' too but they threw it back to his face. Despite all the projects he cited in their place. Despite the schools he built for them at the expense of 2nd Niger bridge n the likes, we still stood by him.
Funny enough, if the election is repeated today, we'll still vote for him with no apology to anyone.

Only a true brother stands by you at all costs

Now, we know who our true brothers are! GEJ has finally understood how ONE the country is!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by BlackTechnology: 4:09pm On May 17, 2015
Aegon:
Me lose? How? Did any candidate pay or promise me anything? Am I unemployed? Am I supporting the "winner" because he promised unemployed people free salary? Is any candidate or politician gonna sit there forever?
BTW
Need I remind you that a certain femi Gbajabiamila is about to see all he ever worked for in the HOR swept away from him. He now needs the people who lost more than ever.

and
Chew on that.

The highlighted part shows you are a good observer and a deep thinker

I doff cap for you

Truly not all victories are good and not all defeat bad. cool
Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 4:22pm On May 17, 2015
Whatever you guys do, Itsekiri will not be part of your pipe dream, Ilajes won't, Olukunmis won't...

Shameless cunnts. So the GEJ administration was a good one? GEJ was very good to all Nigerians?

Lame idiots!!

He promised Igbos Niger Bridge, he didn't fufil.

He couldn't fix the single most important road in ND (east-west road). Even the Niger Deltans that voted for him are utter Fukwads!!
Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by BlackTechnology: 4:27pm On May 17, 2015
0lumide:
Whatever you guys do, Itsekiri will not be part of your pipe dream, Ilajes won't, Olukunmis won't...

Shameless cunnts. So the GEJ administration was a good one? GEJ was very good to all Nigerians?

Lame idiots!!

He promised Igbos Niger Bridge, he didn't fufil.

He couldn't fix the single most important road in ND (east-west road). Even the Niger Deltans that voted for him are utter Fukwads!!

And you think we don't know that Itsekiri Ilaje etc will follow you guys

Live with it

SS and SE are now Lower Niger Republicans cool

3 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by aresa: 4:30pm On May 17, 2015
Aegon:
BTW

and
Chew on that.

Who the eaker of the house of assembly is or not is irrelevant and has nothin to do with you placing your bet and votes on a losing candidate and you losing your bet on that loser candidate. Speakership is a party affair and who they pick or did not pic is irrelevant, thats simply theirs businesses. Fact remains that they won the elections and your party lost.

You are unemployed as a Nigerian, but still voted for the same man who not only did nothing t o help your employment situation, but who also scammed and killed young unemployed job seekers and to even make matters worse, your callous, irresponsible and uncaring president refused to demand accountability.

This is one of the many reasons why Nigerians kicked him out of office, not the bogus and irrelevant rubbish you people are peddling all over the place.

When things are going good when GEJ was playing his crooked, bigoted and divisive game, you people loved it, you screamed and yelled GEJ till 2019, you yelled One Nigeria and God bless Nigeria, but after losing, all of a sudden it's give us our biafra, Nigeria is a contraption just because you lost and can not deal with your loss.

Its ridiculous to even suggest that GEJ tried to restructure the system with the national conference jamboree. How do you honestly restructure what you constantly abuse and destroy economically with wholesale corruption,lawlessness, official impunity, incompetence, bigoted and divisive utterances.?

You got to be kidding me.

Please deal with your sad loss and learn from it...

Btw. Jonathan losing is a Good Thing for Nigeria and humanity.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 17, 2015
BlackTechnology:

And you think we don't know that Itsekiri Ilaje etc will follow you guys

Live with it

SS and SE are now Lower Niger Republicans cool
Please preach your SS/SE without Edo State and majority of Delta State. Also, remove asagba as it is a borrowed land from the crown of Benin..
Go and enjoy your pipe dream.. Bitter demons
Hatred has consumed you people's souls...
Tufiakwa!!!!!!!!!
Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by IGBOSON2: 4:40pm On May 17, 2015
aresa:

I'm typing from Buckingham palace too?

^^^You reckon you're at Buckingham Palace?......That's the weed working mate! Put down the skunk and your true surroundings will become clearer! wink
Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by BlackTechnology: 4:48pm On May 17, 2015
0lumide:

Please preach your SS/SE without Edo State and majority of Delta State. Also, remove asagba as it is a borrowed land from the crown of Benin..
Go and enjoy your pipe dream.. Bitter demons
Hatred has consumed you people's souls...
Tufiakwa!!!!!!!!!

Asaba a borrowed land undecided

Now I know you are a grown up clown grin

3 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by jendy36(m): 5:40pm On May 17, 2015
sarahatuba:

Ok! Since its an 'igbo' thing now....where do you plan to put the ibibios,ekets,ibolos etc......or the bekwaras agois or the etungs...or the esans or even the auchis who are mostly muslims??

By the way bringing me down cos you think you know better than me doesn't mean you're better than me smiley

Sorry sweetie... I don't intend bringing you down, and I have never done that. I didn't say I know better than you, and you shouldn't feel that you are better than me.
I hate E wars and E fight. Besides, I'm not a 'tribalistic' person. Just that I was upset by the way you replied.

Let everything be gone. Sorry for what you felt about me. Meet you some other time in some other thread.
Much love honey...
Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 5:49pm On May 17, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Asaba a borrowed land undecided

Now I know you are a grown up clown grin

Asaba doesn't belong to the Igbos.. Go read your history well.. Na refuge area for Biafrans.. Please tell me the History of Asaba as an established Igbo town before the 60s.

If you can, I'll apologize and change my position. If you can't, all things remains as it is. The single reason there will never be Anioma state is because of the fact that majority of what you guys want to claim as Anioma doesn't belong to Igbos simple..
Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 5:49pm On May 17, 2015
jendy36:

Sorry sweetie... I don't intend bringing you down, and I have never done that. I didn't say I know better than you, and you shouldn't feel that you are better than me.
I hate E wars and E fight. Besides, I'm not a 'tribalistic' person. Just that I was upset by the way you replied.

Let everything be gone. Sorry for what you felt about me. Meet you some other time in some other thread.
Much love honey...

Good to behold. I didn't interfere because I also knew it was going to end this way. From apology to LOVE! Wow!

1 Like

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by jendy36(m): 5:56pm On May 17, 2015
dearpreye:

Good to behold. I didn't interfere because I also knew it was going to end this way. From apology to LOVE! Wow!

LOL...We are meant to lover others as we love ourselves. It depends on the love you have in mind, agape love or a romantic love?
Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 5:59pm On May 17, 2015
jendy36:

LOL...We are meant to lover others as we love ourselves. It depends on the love you have in mind, agape love or a romantic love?

Hahaha. Whatever brand of love. Let it flow!
Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by mobaking: 6:02pm On May 17, 2015
Aegon:

Answer that.
jonathan was not sncere with his national conference,he wanted to use d resolutions as a bargaining tools for his re-election.If he was sincere he should have convoked it at least 3yrs to the elections so that he can implement the outcome. Besides on what basis were the delegates chosen?. Nigeria needs restructrucing, no doubt.
Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Whynotthetruth(m): 6:30pm On May 17, 2015
Aegon: I love your post on page ONE...such an emotional drop by you...here I am picturing Ikemefuna in my mind again... thanks sir...

Dearpreye; since the morning of our meeting, I have always held you in high regards and won't stop neither by evening nor by night...it's brothers for life...Just wish and pray to be blessed with your kinda tolerance, intelligence and humility...thanks for this great article and most importantly for your epic response to the first poster on this thread...good evening boss

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 7:04pm On May 17, 2015
Whynotthetruth:
Aegon: I love your post on page ONE...such an emotional drop by you...here I am picturing Ikemefuna in my mind again... thanks sir...

Dearpreye; since the morning of our meeting, I have always held you in high regards and won't stop neither by evening nor by night...it's brothers for life...Just wish and pray to be blessed with your kinda tolerance, intelligence and humility...thanks for this great article and most importantly for your epic response to the first poster on this thread...good evening boss

Boss, those words are just too much for a learner like me. Anyway, it's appreciated.

Though we haven't met physically, based on your comments, arguments and threads here, I can go on and write some few pages about you and your paradigm.

More than anything else, you've always come to my aid whenever it appeared I'm about to be subdued in arguments by the Broom waving hypocrites. Just when I thought I was boxed into a corner, you gallantly appeared and presented facts and figures only the idiots can gainsay. To this, I'm deeply grateful and honoured. Of all traits of friendship, nothing is as great as being there. Reliability is more important than money, intelligence and promises; you can be relied on.

Our nation is blessed because of you. And it's my deepest desire and prayer that God shall continue to embolden and strengthen you as you oppose the hypocrites and the liars.

Let me stop here. The temptation to continue must be resisted. Shalom!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by disumusa: 8:21pm On May 17, 2015
Itsekiri, ilaje,olukunmi's are pure yoruba's and not for children of hater's
Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:59pm On May 17, 2015
dearpreye:

Boss, those words are just too much for a learner like me. Anyway, it's appreciated.

Though we haven't met physically, based on your comments, arguments and threads here, I can go on and write some few pages about you and your paradigm.

More than anything else, you've always come to my aid whenever it appeared I'm about to be subdued in arguments by the Broom waving hypocrites. Just when I thought I was boxed into a corner, you gallantly appeared and presented facts and figures only the idiots can gainsay. To this, I'm deeply grateful and honoured. Of all traits of friendship, nothing is as great as being there. Reliability is more important than money, intelligence and promises; you can be relied on.

Our nation is blessed because of you. And it's my deepest desire and prayer that God shall continue to embolden and strengthen you as you oppose the hypocrites and the liars.

Let me stop here. The temptation to continue must be resisted. Shalom!

cheesycheesy Sincerely, you're an orator cum great writer...such as can make even an unwilling soul jump the sea for you cheesy We keep looking up to great minds as yours to keep our dreams alive...God bless you boss...
Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 10:01pm On May 17, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

cheesycheesy Sincerely, you're an orator cum great writer...such as can make even an unwilling soul jump the sea for you cheesy We keep looking up to great minds as yours to keep our dreams alive...God bless you boss...

God bless you too.
Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 10:47pm On May 17, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Lazy cocoa farmer

Is your harvest ready.? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

40 Years After: Murtala Muhammed (a Bloody Coup) / Governor Fayemi Approves Six Months Maternity Leave For Ekiti Workers / Tinubu: School Feeding To Gulp N100bn In 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.