Stats: 3,152,613 members, 7,816,517 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding (44962 Views)

Photos: Malnourished Child Brutally Tortured, Abused And Left Lying On The Stree / Nigerian Woman Who Was Pregnant For 3 Years Finally Gives Birth. Photos / Teacher Makes Girl Sit On Hot Water Container In Lagos, Girl Dies (Graphic Pic) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by Profkomolafe(m): 10:18pm On May 18, 2015
if e no be mary, e no fit be like mary

Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by KingTom(m): 10:18pm On May 18, 2015
ronald4lif:
In saner climes, that doctor risk losing his licence for negligence of duty. He ought to carry out appropriate medical test and not rely on the patient's account. A doctor should diagnose ailment before proceeding with any treatment and not rely on patients account of symptoms. He really have a lot to answer.

DrAify and KingT om, what are your take on this.
In Saner climes he should never have graduated from Uni angry How can one rely on the account of a patient Shame on him. Sadly this is Nigeria, the maluu will be allowed to continue. It will be business as usual grin grin grin

Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by ggrin(f): 10:19pm On May 18, 2015
ronald4lif:
In saner climes, that doctor risk losing his licence for negligence of duty. He ought to carry out appropriate medical test and not rely on the patient's account. A doctor should diagnose ailment before proceeding with any treatment and not rely on patients account of symptoms. He really have a lot to answer.

DrAy and kingtom what are your take on this.
no dy call that babalawo for this kain tinangry
Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by Nobody: 10:19pm On May 18, 2015
A lot of doctors can be very preachy

Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by Nobody: 10:20pm On May 18, 2015
KingTom:

In Saner climes he should never have graduated from Uni angry How can one rely on the account of a patient Shame on him. Sadly this is Nigeria, the maluu will be allowed to continue. It will be business as usual grin grin grin

Great point, he should have been able to tell, or at least guess.
Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by ajbabs(m): 10:21pm On May 18, 2015
Hummmmm!
Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by armadeo(m): 10:21pm On May 18, 2015
Are
Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by Nobody: 10:21pm On May 18, 2015
I am neither a Gynaecologist nor a Surgeon and I do realise nobody is infallible. However, every reasonably competent doctor will know severe anaemia or blood loss with lower abdominal or pelvic pain, especially in a young woman, should scream pregnancy - even if the patient denies a history of pregnancy. Appendicitis hardly ever causes severe blood loss. A quick pregnancy test probably would have save her life.
Sad story. May her soul rest in peace.

Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by ggrin(f): 10:21pm On May 18, 2015
KingTom:

In sinner climes he should never have graduate from uni angry How can one rely on the account of a patience Shame on him. Sadly this is Nigeria, the maluu will be allowed to continue. It will be business as usual grin grin grin

Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by Nobody: 10:24pm On May 18, 2015
am a virgin #runs to hide
Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by nickyvil: 10:24pm On May 18, 2015
ronald4lif:

DrAify and KingTom, what are your take on this.

Confirm wink

Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by KingTom(m): 10:26pm On May 18, 2015
Velocitron:

Great point, he should have been able to tell, or at least guess.
I am sorry to say this but the standard of doctors has really reduced drastically since my days. I mean now a days these guys are so lazy and their lecturers are worse. I blame technology though grin

Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by tohpahz(f): 10:26pm On May 18, 2015
People do this too much..
And now it cost this girl her life..
cry

But that doctor sha..
I fear him oo.. how can he trust what the girl says after making his own diagnosis of ect.pregnancy!!

He was supposed to check again jare..

Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by ewizard1: 10:26pm On May 18, 2015
To her likes here on NL...

Shebi una see?

#una go dey comment like who no fit finish one wrap of pap, meanwhile... i guess you know the rest

;-\

Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by Dreambeat: 10:27pm On May 18, 2015
The doctor should take part of the blame too.In my practise,I have learnt not to take teenagers for their words when it comes to pregnancy.Just forget about what the patient tells you especially when she presents with clinical features suggestive of pregnancy.Get a PT done,if it comes out negative,you can rule pregnancy out and focus on other differentials.If you are still not convinced after the negative PT,get an ultrasound scan done.Trust me you will save lives this way.

Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by armadeo(m): 10:27pm On May 18, 2015
DanNafada:
I am neither a Gynaecologist nor a Surgeon and I do realise nobody is infallible. However, every reasonably competent doctor will know severe anaemia or blood loss with lower abdominal or pelvic pain, especially in a young woman, should scream pregnancy - even if the patient denies a history of pregnancy. Appendicitis hardly ever causes severe blood loss. A quick pregnancy test probably would have save her life.
Sad story. May her soul rest in peace.

What happened to ultrasound scan, abdominal tap etc. I swear a pale woman with distended abdomen and pain is a ruptured ectopic till proven otherwise.

Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by Caliph69: 10:28pm On May 18, 2015
If the story legit...

That reminds me of a book I read in secondary school: The Pregnant Virgin...which has been taking place even before 1AD. So the girl may actually be a virgin.

Her soul will rest in peace.

Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by KingTom(m): 10:28pm On May 18, 2015
ggrin:
Grow up undecided

Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by ewizard1: 10:29pm On May 18, 2015
remember007:
am a virgin #runs to hide
Confirmed! lipsrsealed
Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by Ekpekus(m): 10:32pm On May 18, 2015
armadeo:

What happened to ultrasound scan, abdominal tap etc. I swear a pale woman with distended abdomen and pain is a ruptured ectopic till proven otherwise.

Well said. As a clinician, an high index of suspicion should be a must have.
Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by ozo13(m): 10:32pm On May 18, 2015
Story story.even in advance countries like us n uk notin is likely to happen to d doc . Shey na computer em be! Now come down to Nigeria wey be say noting dey work, d gal come dey lie join.na she cause am her self.if it were to n in countries wr sophisticated equipments r readily available, may b quick diagnosis can be made with scan.please always tel your doctor/health personnel d truth.no worry no body go leak your secret.
ronald4lif:

Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by Jaypea98: 10:33pm On May 18, 2015
lagusta baba abeg put mouth for this matter
Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by ggrin(f): 10:33pm On May 18, 2015
KingTom:
Grow up undecided
and If I don't undecided
Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by ozo13(m): 10:33pm On May 18, 2015
Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by donJ2(m): 10:35pm On May 18, 2015
ronald4lif:

So On point, wat happened to laboratory tests, PT test,

Why will they spend hrs fixing an undiagnosed appendicitis, when he shud hv ordered to a panel of tests to aid him

Der wz massiv loss of blood, what happened to pcv and blood transfussion

Mtscheew

Som quacks shaa, neglecting the standard practice.

Ps: am nt justifying d gals lies, jst judging frm a professional point of view.

Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by donJ2(m): 10:35pm On May 18, 2015
ronald4lif:

So On point, wat happened to laboratory tests, PT test,

Why will spend hrs fixing an undiagnosed appendicitis, when he shud hv ordered to a panel of tests to aid him

Der wz massiv loss of blood, what happened to pcv and blod transfussion

Mtscheew

Som quacks shaa, neglecting the standard practice

Ps: am nt justifying d gals lies, jst judging frm a professional point of view.

Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by Nobody: 10:38pm On May 18, 2015
ronald4lif:

Have you ever been a doctor? Or u just want to talk? Do you know that various ailments could have the same symptoms? So should a doctor start to test for all those ailments before treating the patient? Why then do doctors ask the patients questions, when they would just go forward and run test to check for all the available ailments having the same symptoms?

In saner climes, someone who's not a doctor wouldn't condemn a doctor when he knows nothing.

Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by heykims(m): 10:38pm On May 18, 2015
ronald4lif:

I don't agree sir.
A patient tells u she is a virgin, and u the 'almighty doctor' will still insist that it is pregnancy? I wonder what history of aetiology is meant for if not to rule out probable causes...

Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by organicfoods(m): 10:39pm On May 18, 2015
What pride and lies can cause!

Meanwhile tell a friend...

WWOOF Nigeria have finalised plans to bring international observers to certify farms in Nigeria with 60% soybean grown on them.

All certified organic soybean bean will be bought and exported at prevailing international market price from certified farms.

Hurry up now and get your farm certified organic and earn more.

NB: Farm land that have been treated with chemicals can not be used unless after 3 years.

For registration and participation, plus free information how to produce organic Pesticides for your farm.
Call
For details
Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by DrAify(f): 10:39pm On May 18, 2015
I concur....
The doctor in question actually made a diagnosis of appendicitis which was a wrong diagnosis.
A patient with abdominal distension,pain,vomiting and bleeding is an emergency case.
In medicine,there is something called "acute abdomen". Acute abdomen requires an urgent attention because any further delay is gonna be dangerous.
The doc should have stabilized her before doing exploratory laparatomy.
This is medical negligence and he has to face the law.
So sad cry

N.B. Patients,never fabricate or lie about information that is crucial to the doctor.
ronald4lif:

Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by stonecoldcafe: 10:39pm On May 18, 2015
Heartbreaking. Very sad sad stuff
Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by RomanceLander(f): 10:39pm On May 18, 2015
Sorry my dear, had it been you knew

China Reports Outbreak Of H5N1 Bird Flu / For Men Only / 10 Causes Of Mouth Odour

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53