Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,370 members, 7,836,497 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

“Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi (83298 Views)

LIVE ON NTA: Senate Kicks Against Petition Submitted Against Rotimi Amaechi / Caption This Photo Of Gov Sule Lamido And Gov Rotimi Amaechi / Rotimi Amaechi In His APC-Customised Reflective Sunglasses (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by Istillfuckyou: 2:23pm On May 19, 2015
I thought his mom was yoruba
Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by Mbediogu(m): 2:23pm On May 19, 2015
coputa:
And he became the governor of Rivers state.What of the name,Ameachi,is it from the maternal side.
River State never voted for him, the court did.

The name Amaechi could have been given by the grandmother who wanted his son to be like Mbazulike Amaechi, a first Republic Aviation minister.
Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by Truckpusher(m): 2:45pm On May 19, 2015
SPAGGYYY:
[size=20pt]something about that name makes him outstanding...[/size]
To you and your oppressive kinsmen ,of course the name makes him outstanding but to millions of people he calls my people and the land he calls home ,he's nothing but JUDAS ISCARIOT. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by Nobody: 2:47pm On May 19, 2015
So he was born on children's day...no wonder he cant stop behaving like a spoilt brat undecided undecided undecided
Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by jaytee01(m): 2:48pm On May 19, 2015
coputa:
A cultist,an arrogant braggart,who bite the finger that fed him.His political career has nosdive,before the end of your miracle president tenure,you will not hear of the ikwere man that bears two conflicting names again.He will go into political oblivon.
Just as you are already in oblivion, abi?
Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by denedene(m): 2:56pm On May 19, 2015
PAY US SALARY O! angry
Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by Nobody: 2:58pm On May 19, 2015
Ossaifamous:

With honours? Where is the mumu that said he had a 3rd class
It's high time we start disciplining folks down here in Nairaland

I am the one undecided.... which of the english you didnt understand....they are all called honours ewu, that is 1st class honours, 2nd class honours and 3rd class honours.... did he deny it, he just remove the 3rd class, if it were 1st class or 2nd class, A proud amaechi will put it in his biodata, if you dont know thats my alma mater and I have his details...Do you he was at RSUST and yet he didnt mention it, yet he was quick to mention UNIPORT, ask him why
Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by Nobody: 3:00pm On May 19, 2015
PDPwayoo:

I BEGIN TO DOUBT ACADEMICS STANDARD OF UNIPORT..... AMECHI READ ENGLISH? WITH THOSE HORRIBLE SPEECHES OR POOR ENGLISH COMMAND? NA WA FOR UNIPORT....
I LOVE AMECHI BUT IM VERY SUPRISE TO KNOW THAT HE READ ENGLISH IN UNIPORT.

HMMMM, UNIPORT.................GEJ, PEJ, WIKE, AMECHI AND OTHERS...
Do they lecture them in ikwere or okirika dialect?

He sorted his way to 3rd Class instead of ordinay pass,....I met his lecturer, Prof OKOH who gave me his lowdown grin grin grin

Pls pls pls PEJ never went to Uniport, I take God beg you, Uniport is unique
Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by VickyRotex(f): 3:01pm On May 19, 2015
Finally, the man who bears my surname explains how he came about it. smiley

1 Like

Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by INTERMAN: 3:03pm On May 19, 2015
Did he know the meaning of that name? OluwaduROTIMI meaning "God stays with me"

1 Like

Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by Forwetinnah: 3:03pm On May 19, 2015
masterchi:
Rumour has it that Amaechi na actually yoruba man.
Yes o...his father is Yoruba. The Ubima man is just a foster parent
Same thing with Patience. .she's actually Igbo, but her foster Dad is Okrikan
Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by Forwetinnah: 3:04pm On May 19, 2015
coputa:
And he became the governor of Rivers state.What of the name,Ameachi,is it from the maternal side.

His mum got married to an Ubima man with Ameachi already in the picture. Garrit??
Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by mainman007: 3:08pm On May 19, 2015
Mbediogu:
River State never voted for him, the court did.

The name Amaechi could have been given by the grandmother who wanted his son to be like Mbazulike Amaechi, a first Republic Aviation minister.

Are you for real? Because that was in his first tenure that the court made him governor. He was elected the governor of Rivers state in his second tenure.
Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by Forwetinnah: 3:10pm On May 19, 2015
PDPwayoo:

I BEGIN TO DOUBT ACADEMICS STANDARD OF UNIPORT..... AMECHI READ ENGLISH? WITH THOSE HORRIBLE SPEECHES OR POOR ENGLISH COMMAND? NA WA FOR UNIPORT....
I LOVE AMECHI BUT IM VERY SUPRISE TO KNOW THAT HE READ ENGLISH IN UNIPORT.

HMMMM, UNIPORT.................GEJ, PEJ, WIKE, AMECHI AND OTHERS...
Do they lecture them in ikwere or okirika dialect?

That's after RUST law faculty kicked his Olodo arse out. Na WAF land am for UNIPORT o grin . All the Olodo dey one party. When they're not forging certificates, they're claiming to have one. What's so difficult in going to school...people wey like the easy life without questions. Shiooor!!
Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by Nobody: 3:24pm On May 19, 2015
What does Rotimi mean?...trying to see the connection to a lawyer.

1 Like

Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by Nobody: 3:24pm On May 19, 2015
coputa:
Forwetinnah:

Yes o...his father is Yoruba. The Ubima man is just a foster parent
Same thing with Patience. .she's actually Igbo, but her foster Dad is Okrikan
Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by Jowonloju(m): 3:39pm On May 19, 2015
Ameachi carry Yoruba Name. He reason like us. Tinubu adopted General of common sense revolution.
Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by Charly68: 4:01pm On May 19, 2015
That name isreally working fr you my Governor. If you understand the spiritual import of that name : it means God stand by me.
We call it Oluwarotimi in full Yoruba diction
Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by gebest: 4:13pm On May 19, 2015
skup008:
just love this man...
thief thief, u go thief that comment from my mouth. Honestly am just loving this man on a daily bases i which i can........
Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by adaphik(f): 4:21pm On May 19, 2015
coputa:
A cultist,an arrogant braggart,who bite the finger that fed him.His political career has nosdive,before the end of your miracle president tenure,you will not hear of the ikwere man that bears two conflicting names again.He will go into political oblivon.

Why r u bitter over a man that doesn't even know u exist?
Now listen hater, u better channel ur effort into becoming a better n greater force to be reckoned with.
The way I see u, hmmm u r beginning to drift away.
If u continue to make comments like this, u might not be able to achieve 0.01% of what that man has achieved, despite stern opposition n presssure.

Finally, the evil that u wish a man will certainly follow u.

1 Like

Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by adaphik(f): 4:27pm On May 19, 2015
barcanista:
The Afonja of Niger Delta. The loser of Obima. The number one traitor of the eastern region. He is a good riddance to our collective aspiration as Lower Niger People. He can be hero anywhere but he remains a villain in the Lower Niger Region.

It is interesting to know that u r entitled to ur opinion.
And speak for urself, cos I am a also a Niger Deltan.
Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by Nobody: 4:29pm On May 19, 2015
adaphik:

It is interesting to know that u r entitled to ur opinion.
And speak for urself, cos I am a Niger Delan.
As if I care about what you think..
Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by adaphik(f): 4:36pm On May 19, 2015
barcanista:
As if I care about what you think..

TRASH
Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by rummmy: 4:48pm On May 19, 2015
He is from south south biko..he doesn't look easterner...as for his name rotimi,research from ikwerre people or his people from ubima and u will be shorkd..all this write up na story for the gods
Damalex4luv:
My only favourite man from the east. Am just not happy with the fact that you're from the east because you're not a bigot like so many of your people but at the same time your parent saw that difference and ingenuity in you and that's why they named you Rotimi because you have more of the Yoruba race blood in you. My blooda from another mother jeun soke lets the haters go die in a lagoon.
Warning: shocked shocked shocked Don't quote me my cousin is Maywhether and my Godfather is Oba Akinolu tongue tongue tongue
Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by Ayjos10(m): 4:50pm On May 19, 2015
how does dat increase my salary frm 6-digit
Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by coputa(m): 4:55pm On May 19, 2015
adaphik:

Why r u bitter over a man that doesn't even know u exist?
Now listen hater, u better channel ur effort into becoming a better n greater force to be reckoned with.
The way I see u, hmmm u r beginning to drift away.
If u continue to make comments like this, u might not be able to achieve 0.01% of what that man has achieved, despite stern opposition n presssure.

Finally, the evil that u wish a man will certainly follow u.
what did he achieve,its unfortunate that you are you championing and promoting mediocrity.somebody who stole your money to enrich himself is now an achiever,what a an irony.Amaechi said it,quote;'nigerians kept quiet,thats why we kept on looting their money,unquote.This is your role model,i am passionately sorry for you.I did not wish him bad,he will surely reap what he has sown.The truth should be told.
Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by adaphik(f): 5:05pm On May 19, 2015
coputa:
what did he achieve,its unfortunate that you are you championing and promoting mediocrity.somebody who stole your money to enrich himself is now an achiever,what a an irony.Amaechi said it,quote;'nigerians kept quiet,thats why we kept on looting their money,unquote.This is your role model,i am passionately sorry for you.I did not wish him bad,he will surely reap what he has sown.The truth should be told.

My dear, everyone on earth will reap what they have sown, that is general knowledge.
It is better to have said so from the beginning than insulting and wishing his downfall.

How can u say smth like this:
"A cultist,an arrogant braggart,who bite the finger that fed him.His political career has nosdive,before the end of your miracle president tenure,you will not hear of the ikwere man that bears two conflicting names again.He will go into political oblivon".
Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by millionboi(m): 5:14pm On May 19, 2015
iamrealdeji:
I heard he came out with 3rd class and was a cultist,and those lecturers will portray him well like he was the best student in class then,Amaechi looks yoruba to me,he looks like Olaiya Igwe
Truetalk.
Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by Mbediogu(m): 5:21pm On May 19, 2015
mainman007:

Are you for real? Because that was in his first tenure that the court made him governor. He was elected the governor of Rivers state in his second tenure.

In Nigeria, first tenure guarantees the second in ninety percent of cases. Have you just returned from USA?
Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by Mbediogu(m): 5:23pm On May 19, 2015
mainman007:

In Nigeria, first tenure guarantees the second in ninety nine percent of cases. Have you just returned from USA?
Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by Mbediogu(m): 5:24pm On May 19, 2015
mainman007:

In Nigeria, first tenure guarantees the second in ninety nine percent of cases, and Senate or ministership thereafter. Have you just returned from USA?
Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by cjrane: 5:26pm On May 19, 2015
The game to play into Tinubu's good books to get appointments via tribal allegiances has already started. grin

Me sef, my father named me 0luwasegun Muhammadu.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obasanjo Presents Soludo As Finance Minister, Tinubu Kicks / Dino Melaye's Array Of Cars (Photos, Video) / Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.