Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,313 members, 7,836,358 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

“Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi (83297 Views)

LIVE ON NTA: Senate Kicks Against Petition Submitted Against Rotimi Amaechi / Caption This Photo Of Gov Sule Lamido And Gov Rotimi Amaechi / Rotimi Amaechi In His APC-Customised Reflective Sunglasses (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by Ossaifamous(m): 7:21am On May 19, 2015
amzee:
Rivers Governor, Chibuike Amaechi@
50: “Why my father named me
Rotimi”

Posted by: Online Editor
in News, Politics

By KIKELOMO IWAJOMO

On Wednesday, 27th May 2015, the
Executive Governor of Rivers State,
Rt. (Hon.) Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi
will turn 50. To usher him into the
golden-age club, a series of activities
have been lined up in his honour. One
of the big events is the launch of the
book – Dynamics of Change: The
Amaechi Years – edited by his former
lecturer, Dr. Chidi Amuta, and Dr.
Yemi Ogunbiyi. The well-written book
was presented on Thursday, 14th
May 2015 in Lagos at the Civic
Centre.

Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi
was born in Ubima, Ikwerre Local
Government Area of Rivers State on
27th May, 1965 to late elder Fidelis
Amaechi and his loving wife Mrs.
Mary Amaechi. The young Chibuike
started his educational life at St.
Theresa’s Primary school from 1970
to 1976, where he passed his first
school leaving certificate, after which
he proceeded to Government
Secondary School Okolobiri in 1977,
finishing and earning his West African
School Certificate in 1982. The lure to
improve his lot amongst his peers
took him to the University of Port
Harcourt in 1983, where he graduated
with an honours degree in English
Studies and Literature in 1987. In a
recent interview with City People,
Amaechi spoke on his life at 50 and
why his father named him Rotimi.
According to him, he was named
Rotimi because his father wanted
him to be a lawyer like late legal
icon,Chief FRA Williams, SAN.
With honours? Where is the mumu that said he had a 3rd class
It's high time we start disciplining folks down here in Nairaland

3 Likes

Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by DjHypno(m): 7:22am On May 19, 2015
coputa:
Nigerians are very easy to deceive.
Take him to court then, since you were there when his father gave him the name. People sha...

5 Likes

Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by coputa(m): 7:33am On May 19, 2015
DjHypno:
Take him to court then, since you were there when his father gave him the name. People sha...
Believe him,because you were there when his Ikwere father gave him amaechi.Nigerians are easy to deceive.
Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by coputa(m): 7:39am On May 19, 2015
Ossaifamous:

With honours? Where is the mumu that said he had a 3rd class
It's high time we start disciplining folks down here in Nairaland
Do you live among the Apes in the deep forest.Your arrogant governor had a 3rd class in school.Nigeria best brains are not given the chance to serve the nation.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by amakaobiemeka: 8:26am On May 19, 2015
coputa:
A cultist,an arrogant braggart,who bite the finger that fed him.His political career has nosdive,before the end of your miracle president tenure,you will not hear of the ikwere man that bears two conflicting names again.He will go into political oblivon.
on the contrary, after may29 thats when u would start hearing more of him. He would be at the federal cabinet making inputs as either a minister or ssg which is guaranteed. He would indeed be further cementing his status to become a president or vice if at all the south south is to be zoned to those position. He is the biggest south southern in the new government and any big admistrative post for south goes to him. And dont forget the respect/love gmb has for him, he would always get gmb support for anything in future. And u knw what gmb support can do especially in the north, where amaechi is now so loved by northerns for the role he played 4 gmb, so much that the north were advocating for his pairing with gmb as vice. Dont forget he has a strong support by the yorubas and tinubu. So when the time for a southern to get a post comes, amaechi fits in, and the ss itself would have no choice but support him, as he remains the only hope of ss in this govt. Unlike peter odili, omehia even gej that would go into oblivon after may 29. Ameachi has built bridges across the nation like rochas and he would reap frm it when the time comes. So my friend who has gone into the oblivon now

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by Babacele: 9:54am On May 19, 2015
coputa:
A cultist,an arrogant braggart,who bite the finger that fed him.His political career has nosdive,before the end of your miracle president tenure,you will not hear of the ikwere man that bears two conflicting names again.He will go into political oblivon.
who bit whose finger n kiss d ignominy dust of history? Amaechi is etched in diamond n gold in history of the warriors that heralded the biggest positive to the most populous black people on earth. God bless Amaechi!

4 Likes

Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by Nobody: 10:00am On May 19, 2015
The Afonja of Niger Delta. The loser of Obima. The number one traitor of the eastern region. He is a good riddance to our collective aspiration as Lower Niger People. He can be hero anywhere but he remains a villain in the Lower Niger Region.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by thorpido(m): 10:34am On May 19, 2015
Brandnew2:
I can't buy that lie.

I guess those who named their child Goodluck are half expectant that the child will one day become Nigerian president.

#Gibberish.
People always give their children names of famous people.

Christiano Ronaldo was given the name Ronaldo by his father because of the former US president Ronald Reagan.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by Ossaifamous(m): 11:45am On May 19, 2015
coputa:
Do you live among the Apes in the deep forest.Your arrogant governor had a 3rd class in school.Nigeria best brains are not given the chance to serve the nation.
No I do not leave among apes..
I do not like Amaechi but since his grades matters to u, y not tell me ur course of study and let me put u to the test .
U bribe collect 2.1, na u de feel like Rev King

Anyway sha I know, you will never amount to anything good so let me Waste not my time on U

1 Like

Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by Nobody: 11:53am On May 19, 2015
na only him dey owe?

mtcheeeeeeeeew!

coputa:
For owing workers salary.
Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by criminalmindz: 11:53am On May 19, 2015
LOL, SEE THE BIGGEST LIE EVER TOLD. EVEN SATAN FATHER OF LIES IS APPLAUDING THE LIE

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by criminalmindz: 11:54am On May 19, 2015
coputa:

1 Like

Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by babamadiba(m): 11:55am On May 19, 2015
midolian:
I 've bn wondering for long where he got the Rotimi from..now I know

Remain blessed!.. The lion of Ubima, the slayer of GEJ and the General of common sense Revolution.
those Gejites go wan chop u raw now o...
Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by midolian(m): 11:58am On May 19, 2015
babamadiba:
those Gejites go wan chop u raw now o...
hahaahaha..I know. I ve bn xpecting them to mention and insult me
Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by Nobody: 12:01pm On May 19, 2015
amzee:
Rivers Governor, Chibuike Amaechi@
50: “Why my father named me
Rotimi”

Posted by: Online Editor
in News, Politics

By KIKELOMO IWAJOMO

On Wednesday, 27th May 2015, the
Executive Governor of Rivers State,
Rt. (Hon.) Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi
will turn 50. To usher him into the
golden-age club, a series of activities
have been lined up in his honour. One
of the big events is the launch of the
book – Dynamics of Change: The
Amaechi Years – edited by his former
lecturer, Dr. Chidi Amuta, and Dr.
Yemi Ogunbiyi. The well-written book
was presented on Thursday, 14th
May 2015 in Lagos at the Civic
Centre.

Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi
was born in Ubima, Ikwerre Local
Government Area of Rivers State on
27th May, 1965 to late elder Fidelis
Amaechi and his loving wife Mrs.
Mary Amaechi. The young Chibuike
started his educational life at St.
Theresa’s Primary school from 1970
to 1976, where he passed his first
school leaving certificate, after which
he proceeded to Government
Secondary School Okolobiri in 1977,
finishing and earning his West African
School Certificate in 1982. The lure to
improve his lot amongst his peers
took him to the University of Port
Harcourt in 1983, where he graduated
with an honours degree in English
Studies and Literature in 1987. In a
recent interview with City People,
Amaechi spoke on his life at 50 and
why his father named him Rotimi.
According to him, he was named
Rotimi because his father wanted
him to be a lawyer like late legal
icon,Chief FRA Williams, SAN.

I BEGIN TO DOUBT ACADEMICS STANDARD OF UNIPORT..... AMECHI READ ENGLISH? WITH THOSE HORRIBLE SPEECHES OR POOR ENGLISH COMMAND? NA WA FOR UNIPORT....
I LOVE AMECHI BUT IM VERY SUPRISE TO KNOW THAT HE READ ENGLISH IN UNIPORT.

HMMMM, UNIPORT.................GEJ, PEJ, WIKE, AMECHI AND OTHERS...
Do they lecture them in ikwere or okirika dialect?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by juxsayveron(m): 12:01pm On May 19, 2015
HMM NOW I KNOW
Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by ceejayluv(m): 12:02pm On May 19, 2015
olasmith10:
He has carved his name in d political history of dis nation..despite all d allegations labelled on him..he is unbendable but dependable..
As an ATM sponsor....

1 Like

Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by NET1(m): 12:03pm On May 19, 2015
barcanista:
The Afonja of Niger Delta. The loser of Obima. The number one traitor of the eastern region. He is a good riddance to our collective aspiration as Lower Niger People. He can be hero anywhere but he remains a villain in the Lower Niger Region.

come o, am I missing something here? Before the elections, you were against GEJ and pro-Amaechi. I expect you to be jubilant. What's your problem?

.NET

1 Like

Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by Damalex4luv(m): 12:04pm On May 19, 2015
My only favourite man from the east. Am just not happy with the fact that you're from the east because you're not a bigot like so many of your people but at the same time your parent saw that difference and ingenuity in you and that's why they named you Rotimi because you have more of the Yoruba race blood in you. My blooda from another mother jeun soke lets the haters go die in a lagoon.
Warning: shocked shocked shocked Don't quote me my cousin is Maywhether and my Godfather is Oba Akinolu tongue tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by chiedu7: 12:05pm On May 19, 2015
Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by mightycrown1(m): 12:06pm On May 19, 2015
iamrealdeji:
I heard he came out with 3rd class and was a cultist,and those lecturers will portray him well like he was the best student in class then,Amaechi looks yoruba to me,he looks like Olaiya Igwe
THOUGH I DONT HAVE DATA, RUMOUR HAD IT THAT THE PERSON THEY NAMED HIM AFTER ALSO CAME OUT WITH 3RD CLASS
Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by delugajackson: 12:06pm On May 19, 2015
I think he has this "I don't give a damn about what anyone thinks about me" attitude. The man is just stubborn and I love his character. He never settles for less.

3 Likes

Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by godoluwa(m): 12:06pm On May 19, 2015
iamrealdeji:
I heard he came out with 3rd class and was a cultist,and those lecturers will portray him well like he was the best student in class then,Amaechi looks yoruba to me,he looks like Olaiya Igwe
Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by Nobody: 12:07pm On May 19, 2015
coputa:
na Gej be thé finger that fed Ameachi? Lol now i know you are one of thé APC and PDP era politcal analyst

1 Like

Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by jimmy2k: 12:07pm On May 19, 2015
Your father naming you rotimi to become a chife judge then are you a judge? Where are you from ?your father must be a stabotuor during the civil war of biafra now you come up to become a traitor against your brother Jonathan? Are not ashemd of your life joining yorubas cowards.

2 Likes

Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by mightycrown1(m): 12:07pm On May 19, 2015
PDPwayoo:

I BEGIN TO DOUBT ACADEMICS STANDARD OF UNIPORT..... AMECHI READ ENGLISH? WITH THOSE HORRIBLE SPEECHES OR POOR ENGLISH COMMAND? NA WA FOR UNIPORT....
I LOVE AMECHI BUT IM VERY SUPRISE TO KNOW THAT HE READ ENGLISH IN UNIPORT.

HMMMM, UNIPORT.................GEJ, PEJ, WIKE, AMECHI AND OTHERS...
Do they lecture them in ikwere or okirika dialect?
THEN WHAT IS THE MEANING OF 3RD CLASS?
FOR GIVING HIM 3RD CLASS IF TRUE, THE SCHOOL HAS DEFENDED HERSELF
Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by Nobody: 12:08pm On May 19, 2015
Na lie!
Your mum played away match with a yoruba man just like Joe Igbokwe....reason why he is hating Igbos,his kinsmen rejected him!
Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by Nobody: 12:09pm On May 19, 2015
cheesy
criminalmindz:
LOL, SEE THE BIGGEST LIE EVER TOLD. EVEN SATAN FATHER OF LIES IS APPLAUDING THE LIE
Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by frisky2good(m): 12:09pm On May 19, 2015
Ah babe, you harsh o grin

peppyluv02:
Na lie!
Your mum played away match with a yoruba man just like Joe Igbokwe....reason why he is hating Igbos,his kinsmen rejected him!

2 Likes

Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by Nobody: 12:10pm On May 19, 2015
midolian:
I 've bn wondering for long where he got the Rotimi from..now I know

Remain blessed!.. The lion of Ubima, the slayer of GEJ and the General of common sense Revolution.
I salute

1 Like

Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by Nobody: 12:10pm On May 19, 2015
NET1:

come o, am I missing something here? Before the elections, you were against GEJ and pro-Amaechi. I expect you to be jubilant. What's your problem?

.NET
Who was pro-Amaechi at any point in time? It is on record that I never supported Amaechi in his war against the Rivers and Niger-Delta people even when I was supporting APC/Buhari! Though I acknowleged his developmental stride in his first term.
Re: “Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi by akoaki(m): 12:10pm On May 19, 2015
MzCorleone:
Indeedy!
That was how one man in my area named his son T.B Joshua.

And somebody in nigeria also named his twins hollywood and nollywood !!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obasanjo Presents Soludo As Finance Minister, Tinubu Kicks / Dino Melaye's Array Of Cars (Photos, Video) / Buhari’s Blue Print: ‘my First 100 Days In Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.