Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,743 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:37 PM

Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) (92986 Views)

Apostle Johnson Suleman Arrives Cyprus For A Crusade (Photos) / Prophet Anointed Andrew (SEER 1) Pulled Crowd In Zambian Crusade (Photos) / 'Pastor' Caught Burying Charm In Abia Ahead Of Crusade (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by Lilimax(f): 2:22pm On May 20, 2015
EbolaParasite:

Wrong wrong wrong. This is just human interpretation. ALL MAN IS EQUAL. Since all man is equal, no one will get a free pass. You can't tell me that they will simply make heaven because they didn't know Christ. Are you saying that fornicators, murders, thieves who came before Christ will make heaven because they didn't get the gospel?
I am waiting for someone who has the real answers because you guys are just interpreting based on personal OPINION and not facts
Bro it may not make sense to but all I want you to is that the things of God will always look foolish in the eyes of men.
Again, spiritual things are not taught rather they are caught. smiley
Ciao!
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by EbolaParasite: 2:39pm On May 20, 2015
Lilimax:
Bro it may not make sense to but all I want you to is that the things of God will always look foolish in the eyes of men.
Ciao!

Again, ALL MAN IS EQUAL. Why is this "spiritualness" only witnessed by some?
How would you feel if you asked your teacher why 2 + 2 = 4 and he/she simply tells you take it or leave it?
Don't you think that if people don't fully understand something, they shouldn't be telling/preaching it to others?
There are millions of people like myself with questions and I am tired of this take it or leave it story. Knowledge is power. This is what I seek.
Our ancestors had their own religions and practices. The white man claims we were savages and worshipped demons etc. Why didn't they get the gospel?
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by Nobody: 3:06pm On May 20, 2015
mrofficial:
Why does he still bear Shina Rambo?
For marketing purposes.Since Nigerians love story tellers in church.Bearing Shina Rambo will increase his marketability.I am almost sure that this guy is fake.Saul changed his name to Paul after his conversion.This so-called pastor is simply a business man.I really wonder how a RCCG Parish could fall for this scam.
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by italo: 5:12pm On May 20, 2015
EbolaParasite:

You say those pastors are impostors and you believe every single word that the Catholic compilers put forth? Since the compilers of the book were HUMANS, isn't it possible that their own AGENDA may have been added? Or they are infallible because they were WHITE
Infallible because they are guided by the Holy Spirit.
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by EbolaParasite: 5:15pm On May 20, 2015
italo:
Infallible because they are guided by the Holy Spirit.

Our ancestors that gave accounts of the deities they believed in were guided by the Devil
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by italo: 5:17pm On May 20, 2015
EbolaParasite:

So all man isn't equal? Why was the gospel preached to the westerners but not our ancestors? Agreed, there were no planes to spread the word back then. Does God hate Africans? Why didn't the gospel get here. Why did it have to get here through slavery and colonization? How come our ancestors believed in other deities? Where did they get that from? IF all MAN is created equal, WHY SHOULD SOME PEOPLE GET A FREE PASS BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T GET THE GOSPEL?

Show me where I said anyone will get a free pass.

Your preconceived ideas are seemingly getting in the way of a reasonable discussion here.
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by italo: 5:20pm On May 20, 2015
EbolaParasite:

Our ancestors that gave accounts of the deities they believed in were guided by the Devil

So you said.
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by EbolaParasite: 5:22pm On May 20, 2015
italo:

Show me where I said anyone will get a free pass.

Your preconceived ideas are seemingly getting in the way of a reasonable discussion here.

What I mean by free pass is this : IF the claim is that our ancestors had no access to the gospel, as such they will make heaven, then they are getting a free pass. They should have been availed of the opportunity to know about and/or accept Christ. We on the other hand have no choice. We are all humans so why do they get a free pass? I can guarantee that some of them would not have accepted Christ if they knew him back then so why do they get a free pass and not us?
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by EbolaParasite: 5:22pm On May 20, 2015
italo:

So you said.

It was a rhetorical question
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by italo: 5:39pm On May 20, 2015
EbolaParasite:

What I mean by free pass is this : IF the claim is that our ancestors had no access to the gospel, as such they will make heaven, then they are getting a free pass. They should have been availed of the opportunity to know about and/or accept Christ. We on the other hand have no choice. We are all humans so why do they get a free pass? I can guarantee that some of them would not have accepted Christ if they knew him back then so why do they get a free pass and not us?

Whose claim?

Why are you asking me such question based on a claim I know not where you picked it from?

undecided
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by nelsonoba: 6:12pm On May 20, 2015
Lilimax:
Ciao!

......the way you talk though :-/

"Raising Leaders That Transform Society" do you recognize that phrase? If you don't, then don't bother cos it's not what I think.
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by EbolaParasite: 6:42pm On May 20, 2015
italo:

Whose claim?

Why are you asking me such question based on a claim I know not where you picked it from?

undecided

Answer me and stop dodging juh.
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by nelsonoba: 6:52pm On May 20, 2015
EbolaParasite:

I respectfully disagree. If i live a good and moral life, i will make heaven whether or not i accept Christ. If your statement is true, then all our ancestors that never knew Christ simply because they had no contact with the white man are all in Hell? I disagree.

Dear Ebola, you sound as if you already own one of the spare keys to the gates of heaven, and you can enter according to your own rules, whenever you like........hmmmm.

The problem is that many people like you think your good works are enough to take you to heaven.

Let me indulge you a bit; Heaven is a place where no iota of sin is allowed, no matter how small. If you must make it to heaven by your own good works & efforts at living a "good life", then you MUST ensure that from the moment you were born to the day you die, you will not commit any sin at all........and i mean not even 1 little sin!! You must make sure that you have never told a lie, you have never stolen, you have never fornicated or even looked lustfully at the opposite sex, you have never disrespected your elders at any point in your life.......and the list goes on. When you have lived your life to such precise perfection from the day you were born to the day you die, then be sure you are qualified to go to heaven based on your "good life".

But if at any point in your life, you have ever committed any sin at all, or broken any of the commandments of God, then be sure you are DOOMED! God clearly states in the bible that if you break any of the commandments, then you have broken all!! If you keep 99.9% of God's commandments and fail in 0.1%, then you have failed all. Because God's marking system is either 100% or 0%. That is why God's standards are so high that you can never meet up with them as a natural human being trying to live a good life by yourself.

God knew His standard was too high for man to meet up with, and that is why He made a provision by sending Jesus to pay the ultimate price to bridge the gap. Have you ever wondered why Jesus said "I am the way, the truth and the life, no man can come to the father except through me"?? The reason is because no human being can satisfy God's high standards, and so in order to come to God, man must depend on a relationship with Jesus who is qualified to take him to God.

Jesus paid the price for our sins and took upon himself the punishment that was due to us (mankind) as a result of our sins. That is the basis (ONLY BASIS) on which any armed robber, killer, prostitue or any other sinner can be saved and forgiven by God IF THEY GENUINELY DECIDE TO REPENT AND ASK GOD FOR FORGIVENESS.

In fact, the reason Jesus died was so that ALL Sinners can be saved and forgiven if they choose to repent, and Shina Rambo is not an exception. Only faith in the price of redemption paid by Jesus can save anybody, and not the person's good works. This is why "good people" who don't have a relationship with Christ can go to hell when they die, while people we consider as terrible sinners can repent two seconds before they die and go to heaven. In a nutshell, the issue of who makes it to heaven is decided by RELATIONSHIP! A RELATIONSHIP WITH CHRIST OR NOT!!
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by EbolaParasite: 7:06pm On May 20, 2015
nelsonoba:

Dear Ebola, you sound as if you already own one of the spare keys to the gates of heaven, and you can enter according to your own rules, whenever you like........hmmmm.

The problem is that many people like you think your good works are enough to take you to heaven.

Let me indulge you a bit; Heaven is a place where no iota of sin is allowed, no matter how small. If you must make it to heaven by your own good works & efforts at living a "good life", then you MUST ensure that from the moment you were born to the day you die, you will not commit any sin at all........and i mean not even 1 little sin!! You must make sure that you have never told a lie, you have never stolen, you have never fornicated or even looked lustfully at the opposite sex, you have never disrespected your elders at any point in your life.......and the list goes on. When you have lived your life to such precise perfection from the day you were born to the day you die, then be sure you are qualified to go to heaven based on your "good life".

But if at any point in your life, you have ever committed any sin at all, or broken any of the commandments of God, then be sure you are DOOMED! God clearly states in the bible that if you break any of the commandments, then you have broken all!! If you keep 99.9% of God's commandments and fail in 0.1%, then you have failed all. Because God's marking system is either 100% or 0%. That is why God's standards are so high that you can never meet up with them as a natural human being trying to live a good life by yourself.

God knew His standard was too high for man to meet up with, and that is why He made a provision by sending Jesus to pay the ultimate price to bridge the gap. Have you ever wondered why Jesus said "I am the way, the truth and the life, no man can come to the father except through me"?? The reason is because no human being can satisfy God's high standards, and so in order to come to God, man must depend on a relationship with Jesus who is qualified to take him to God.

Jesus paid the price for our sins and took upon himself the punishment that was due to us (mankind) as a result of our sins. That is the basis (ONLY BASIS) on which any armed robber, killer, prostitue or any other sinner can be saved and forgiven by God IF THEY GENUINELY DECIDE TO REPENT AND ASK GOD FOR FORGIVENESS.

In fact, the reason Jesus died was so that ALL Sinners can be saved and forgiven if they choose to repent, and Shina Rambo is not an exception. Only faith in the price of redemption paid by Jesus can save anybody, and not the person's good works. This is why "good people" who don't have a relationship with Christ can go to hell when they die, while people we consider as terrible sinners can repent two seconds before they die and go to heaven. In a nutshell, the issue of who makes it to heaven is decided by RELATIONSHIP! A RELATIONSHIP WITH CHRIST OR NOT!!

I applaud you since you at least tried to answer my questions. I don't claim to be perfect. As a matter of fact, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE to be perfect and without sin. Even people who gave their lives to Christ sin every day. We all sin every day. I know my creator, GOD, is a kind supreme being and provided I live a good moral life, I will make heaven. That is my claim.

Based on your explanation, NO ONE on earth WILL make heaven because we all sin everyday - based on your definitions of sin above.
If anyone comes here and claims they are pure, that right there is a sin because they would have lied. We all lie everyday. If entering heaven means 100% no sin, HEAVEN will be empty because no one will make it.
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by slimlesol: 7:07pm On May 20, 2015
davien:
According to the bible(specifically revelation), those that were killed unjustly cry out to "god" for vengeance, does that mean his won't take place and those lives would get no retribution?

Ultimately this would mean "god" wasn't just as it turned a blind eye to those killed then also decided to render mercy to the killer instead on the account of acknowledging his existence only....

Imagine a human court run in this manner, where your crimes are instantly forgiven if you "honour" the judge,would you find such a system just?

God's way is not man's way.
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by italo: 7:33pm On May 20, 2015
EbolaParasite:

Answer me and stop dodging juh.

As far as I know, you are the one who made the following claims:

EbolaParasite:

What I mean by free pass is this : IF the claim is that our ancestors had no access to the gospel, as such they will make heaven, then they are getting a free pass. They should have been availed of the opportunity to know about and/or accept Christ. We on the other hand have no choice.

Then you ask me to answer these:

EbolaParasite:

We are all humans so why do they get a free pass? I can guarantee that some of them would not have accepted Christ if they knew him back then so why do they get a free pass and not us?

Bros, you are the one who believe and claim they get a free pass so you should be the one telling me why they get a free pass.
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by MightySparrow: 7:42pm On May 20, 2015
Rexyl:

If your sins are forgiven, go and sin no more. Your opinion about God you do not understand will always plunge you into confusion.

I am not confused at all.

By their deeds you will know their god.
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by nelsonoba: 7:47pm On May 20, 2015
davien:
You seem to be genuinely interested in my atheism....I appreciate the sincere gesture but I don't "hate what jesus represents"..I'm only engaging minds to think outside the constrains of religion....

Ok......thanks.

But can I shock you a bit by telling you a little bit about me? I AM NOT RELIGIOUS. I HATE RELIGION. GOD HATES RELIGION! RELIGION IS ONE OF THE WORST CAUSES OF PROBLEMS ON EARTH TODAY.

God does not seek religion from man, but rather a relationship! God is love, and He loves to express Himself. The best way you express yourself to somebody you love is by having a relationship with the person. This is simply what God seeks from us and nothing more!

Religion makes man think he can find God by obeying a set of rules & regulations to please God, but that is a lie! God already knows that man is too fallible for him to be able to keep all the rules required to meet up to God's high standards, and that is why Jesus came to pay the price for our sins and bridge the gap between man and God. As a result of this, any man can now have access to God by simply entering into a relationship with Jesus who is qualified to take him to God!

Religion makes you think you can find God by trying to obey rules that even the people who set those same rules can't even keep, where as genuine christianity is about a love relationship with God through Jesus Christ. Religion leaves you in a state where you are always STRUGGLING TO STOP YOURSELF FROM DOING WHAT YOU WANT TO DO BUT YOU KNOW IS WRONG BEFORE GOD......AND MOST TIMES YOU STILL END UP DOING THEM, where as A GENUINE RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD THROUGH JESUS CHRIST PUTS YOU IN A POSITION WHERE YOU ARE SO IN LOVE WITH GOD, THAT YOU JUST WANT TO DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO PLEASE HIM, YOU GET SO IN LOVE WITH GOD, THAT YOU CAN'T EVEN STAND THE THOUGHT OF HURTING HIM BY DOING WHAT HE DOES NOT LIKE. ALL YOUR HEART'S DESIRE BECOMES HOW TO PLEASE GOD. I have been on both sides of the divide, and i know the difference. Practicing christianity as a religion was such a frustration for me, until i fell in love with God and understood it should be all about a relationship with him and not about Rules & regulations. That was when i knew it was possible to live as a christian without always falling into sin.

The foundation of my relationship with God is my understanding of God's love for me. When I realized that Jesus loved me enough to give up his innocent life in a shameful death just for my sake, and just so that I can be saved by identifying with his price paid for my sin, it was just natural for me to love him back in return.

Deep inside the heart of everyman including atheists lies a void or craving that nothing else can fill except a relationship with God. Some people try to avoid God and think they can fill up that vacuum or internal loneliness by engaging in activities, some try to fill it up by pursuing more money, some try to fill it up by drinking or smoking or sex or fame & popularity, but at the end of the day, they discover all of those things will only give a temporary happiness, and they keep searching for other things again. This is why some rich people keep hustling for more money, thinking internal satisfaction would come by having more money.......but it doesn't!! Only a relationship with God through Jesus can bring that internal peace and satisfaction. Many Rich and famous people that most people dream to be like have ended up committing suicide because they did not find what would fill that internal void in man that only God is designed to fill.
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by herald9: 7:50pm On May 20, 2015
simdam500:

Well in that case, I'll have to lay my hands on him first... grin

Ps. Why don't u use your font anymore?
abi cheesy

Time is not on my side again... I think am getting old that's why am not using font anymore grin
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by EbolaParasite: 7:50pm On May 20, 2015
italo:

As far as I know, you are the one who made the following claims:

Then you ask me to answer these:

Bros, you are the one who believe and claim they get a free pass so you should be the one telling me why they get a free pass.

Read the previous posts to see where I got it from. Stop dodging and answer. Okay simple question. Do they get a pass or not?
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by davien(m): 7:55pm On May 20, 2015
nelsonoba:

Ok......thanks.

But can I shock you a bit by telling you a little bit about me? I AM NOT RELIGIOUS. I HATE RELIGION. GOD HATES RELIGION! RELIGION IS ONE OF THE WORST CAUSES OF PROBLEMS ON EARTH TODAY.

God does not seek religion from man, but rather a relationship! God is love, and He loves to express Himself. The best way you express yourself to somebody you love is by having a relationship with the person. This is simply what God seeks from us and nothing more!

Religion makes man think he can find God by obeying a set of rules & regulations to please God, but that is a lie! God already knows that man is too fallible for him to be able to keep all the rules required to meet up to God's high standards, and that is why Jesus came to pay the price for our sins and bridge the gap between man and God. As a result of this, any man can now have access to God by simply entering into a relationship with Jesus who is qualified to take him to God!

Religion makes you think you can find God by trying to obey rules that even the people who set those same rules can't even keep, where as genuine christianity is about a love relationship with God through Jesus Christ. Religion leaves you in a state where you are always STRUGGLING TO STOP YOURSELF FROM DOING WHAT YOU WANT TO DO BUT YOU KNOW IS WRONG BEFORE GOD......AND MOST TIMES YOU STILL END UP DOING THEM, where as A GENUINE RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD THROUGH JESUS CHRIST PUTS YOU IN A POSITION WHERE YOU ARE SO IN LOVE WITH GOD, THAT YOU JUST WANT TO DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO PLEASE HIM, YOU GET SO IN LOVE WITH GOD, THAT YOU CAN'T EVEN STAND THE THOUGHT OF HURTING HIM BY DOING WHAT HE DOES NOT LIKE. ALL YOUR HEART'S DESIRE BECOMES HOW TO PLEASE GOD. I have been on both sides of the divide, and i know the difference. Practicing christianity as a religion was such a frustration for me, until i fell in love with God and understood it should be all about a relationship with him and not about Rules & regulations. That was when i knew it was possible to live as a christian without always falling into sin.

The foundation of my relationship with God is my understanding of God's love for me. When I realized that Jesus loved me enough to give up his innocent life in a shameful death just for my sake, and just so that I can be saved by identifying with his price paid for my sin, it was just natural for me to love him back in return.

Deep inside the heart of everyman including atheists lies a void or craving that nothing else can fill except a relationship with God. Some people try to avoid God and think they can fill up that vacuum or internal loneliness by engaging in activities, some try to fill it up by pursuing more money, some try to fill it up by drinking or smoking or sex or fame & popularity, but at the end of the day, they discover all of those things will only give a temporary happiness, and they keep searching for other things again. This is why some rich people keep hustling for more money, thinking internal satisfaction would come by having more money.......but it doesn't!! Only a relationship with God through Jesus can bring that internal peace and satisfaction. Many Rich and famous people that most people dream to be like have ended up committing suicide because they did not find what would fill that internal void in man that only God is designed to fill.

You can't have a belief without a religion atleast for a belief in a "god" that allegedly manifests itself in reality....so your report of not following one is basically a lie...
Truth be told I'm not interested in preaching, only a rational conversation.....this isn't a church where everyone sits silently and downloads whatever the preacher says into their brains without any questions asked...

1 Like

Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by nelsonoba: 8:24pm On May 20, 2015
EbolaParasite:

I applaud you since you at least tried to answer my questions. I don't claim to be perfect. As a matter of fact, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE to be perfect and without sin. Even people who gave their lives to Christ sin every day. We all sin every day. I know my creator, GOD, is a kind supreme being and provided I live a good moral life, I will make heaven. That is my claim.

Based on your explanation, NO ONE on earth WILL make heaven because we all sin everyday - based on your definitions of sin above.
If anyone comes here and claims they are pure, that right there is a sin because they would have lied. We all lie everyday. If entering heaven means 100% no sin, HEAVEN will be empty because no one will make it.

.....yes indeed, NO ONE ON EARTH CAN MAKE IT TO HEAVEN ORDINARILY, because no matter how much you try as a human being, you must still offend God in one way or another whether knowingly or unknowingly. This is why anybody tbat must make it to heaven needs LEVERAGE.......and that LEVERAGE is THE BLOOD OF JESUS!

The Blood of Jesus is what cleanses our sins. Just like in the days of our ancestors in Africa, when a taboo is committed and the land "defiled", you will hear the chief priest say that "the gods are angry, and they must be appeased by a sacrifice". The sacrifice is usually in form of blood spilled by killing an animal or in some extreme cases a human being, and when the blood is spilled, the land is "cleansed" and the gods stop being angry for a while. This is a similar principle to what the blood of Jesus does for any christian who believes in Christ.

When a christian sins or offends God, all he needs to do is to apply his leverage by genuinely asking God for forgiveness and simply saying "I receive cleansing of my sins by the Blood of Jesus". The moment he does that, God is under obligation to forgive him and cancel his sins immediately.
Note: In such situations, God is obliged to forgive that person, not because the person deserves it, but ONLY because Jesus has made the payment for that forgiveness.

What I just described sounds so simple, but that is the truth and that is the only way a christian can live on earth and make it to heaven. This way, even if the christian makes a mistake 1000times a day, and for each of those 1000times he GENUINELY is sorry and asks for forgiveness from God, he will still get the forgiveness and all his sins will be wiped off and in God's sight, he appears like a man who has no sin! This is the mystery of the Leverage the blood of Jesus provides to everyone who believes in Christ. This is why a christian can go to heaven, because although he may have sinned many times on earth, yet he asked for forgiveness each time he sinned and the blood of Jesus wiped off his sin and made him appear sinless before God.

This is why i earlier put it to you that it is not your "good works" or "good life" that makes you qualified to go to heaven, but your relationship with God through Jesus Christ.

The ordinary mind may think what i explained sounds too simple to be true, but that is just how simple God has made salvation to be, so that everybody can be saved. It sounds simple, but it came at a heavy cost. It cost the life of Jesus for salvation/going into heaven for mankind to be as simplified as this.

This is why nobody has an excuse anymore to give to God if he dies and ends up in hell as a result of rejecting the free gift of God's salvation through Christ.
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by EbolaParasite: 8:29pm On May 20, 2015
nelsonoba:

.....yes indeed, NO ONE ON EARTH CAN MAKE IT TO HEAVEN ORDINARILY, because no matter how much you try as a human being, you must still offend God in one way or another whether knowingly or unknowingly. This is why anybody tbat must make it to heaven needs LEVERAGE.......and that LEVERAGE is THE BLOOD OF JESUS!

The Blood of Jesus is what cleanses our sins. Just like in the days of our ancestors in Africa, when a taboo is committed and the land "defiled", you will hear the chief priest say that "the gods are angry, and they must be appeased by a sacrifice". The sacrifice is usually in form of blood spilled by killing an animal or in some extreme cases a human being, and when the blood is spilled, the land is "cleansed" and the gods stop being angry for a while. This is a similar principle to what the blood of Jesus does for any christian who believes in Christ.

When a christian sins or offends God, all he needs to do is to apply his leverage by genuinely asking God for forgiveness and simply saying "I receive cleansing of my sins by the Blood of Jesus". The moment he does that, God is under obligation to forgive him and cancel his sins immediately.
Note: In such situations, God is obliged to forgive that person, not because the person deserves it, but ONLY because Jesus has made the payment for that forgiveness.

What I just described sounds so simple, but that is the truth and that is the only way a christian can live on earth and make it to heaven. This way, even if the christian makes a mistake 1000times a day, and for each of those 1000times he GENUINELY is sorry and asks for forgiveness from God, he will still get the forgiveness and all his sins will be wiped off and in God's sight, he appears like a man who has no sin! This is the mystery of the Leverage the blood of Jesus provides to everyone who believes in Christ. This is why a christian can go to heaven, because although he may have sinned many times on earth, yet he asked for forgiveness each time he sinned and the blood of Jesus wiped off his sin and made him appear sinless before God.

This is why i earlier put it to you that it is not your "good works" or "good life" that makes you qualified to go to heaven, but your relationship with God through Jesus Christ.

The ordinary mind may think what i explained sounds too simple to be true, but that is just how simple God has made salvation to be, so that everybody can be saved. It sounds simple, but it came at a heavy cost. It cost the life of Jesus for salvation/going into heaven for mankind to be as simplified as this.

This is why nobody has an excuse anymore to give to God if he dies and ends up in hell as a result of rejecting the free gift of God's salvation through Christ.

With your analysis, NO ONE will make heaven. Are you aware that most people sin barely 30minutes after asking for forgiveness?
And also, I think most if not all, when they ask for forgiveness are usually genuine about it. If the requirement is 100% sin free after accepting Christ and asking for forgiveness, I am sorry to say that NO ONE WILL MAKE HEAVEN except babies and toddlers

Also, what of someone who is not a Christian, that prays to GOD five times a day throughout his/her life and continuously asks for God's forgiveness. Are you saying the person won't make Heaven? Even after worshipping GOD five times a day throughout their life?
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by italo: 8:37pm On May 20, 2015
EbolaParasite:

Read the previous posts to see where I got it from. Stop dodging and answer. Okay simple question. Do they get a pass or not?
Some do, some don't.

You either didn't read my initial posts...or you chose not to understand it.
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by bornmekus: 8:46pm On May 20, 2015
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by nelsonoba: 8:51pm On May 20, 2015
davien:
You can't have a belief without a religion atleast for a belief in a "god" that allegedly manifests itself in reality....so your report of not following one is basically a lie...
Truth be told I'm not interested in preaching, only a rational conversation.....this isn't a church where everyone sits silently and downloads whatever the preacher says into their brains without any questions asked...

You may need to first pick up a dictionary and look up the meaning of the word "religion". That meaning you see in the dictionary is not representative of what Jesus came for here on earth.

If God wanted religion from man, then He would not have bothered sending Jesus into an already deeply religious Jewish society!

Genuine christianity is not a religion, but a relationship with God through Jesus Christ. Yes.....too many people practice christianity as a religion, and those are the people that claim to be christians without even understanding what it means, those are the people you see that call themselves christians but they are also as corrupt as other "sinners", those are also the kind of people you see many a time in political positions that go to churches on sunday, but they are among those stealing the nation's wealth through corruption, etc etc.

Like i said earlier, i have practiced christianity as a religion before, and i know the difference between then and now. I repeat it again; I am not religious. I will never be religious again in my life! Religion takes man away from God while Relationship brings man close to God. They are 2 different things, and I've chosen Relationship!

I know you are used to seeing everything about God as "religion", and that is because human tradition has made it appear that way. I once thought of it like you before, until i encountered the tangibility of God and got to know Him beyond the story books. Religion keeps God in the story books, but relationship takes Him out of the story books and makes Him real to you.

You don't have to like being "preached at" to know the truth. The truth here is that you have no idea yet about what a relationship with God means, and that's why you are so inclined to class it as religion cos it's the way you're used to seeing it. The day you understand what a relationship with God is, you will see the difference in your life, and you will start noticing it from an unexplainable joy and satisfaction and peace that will fill up the vacuum in your heart.

But until you find that relationship, i can assure you that you'll keep searching and none of those things you engross yourself in will fill up the void within........not even too much money or pleasure!
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by simdam500(m): 8:51pm On May 20, 2015
herald9:
abi cheesy

Time is not on my side again... I think am getting old that's why am not using font anymore grin

Hmmm most especially when u have a urgent nl reply but u don't have the time for fonts.

Ps. Mr. Getting old cheesy
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by nelsonoba: 9:31pm On May 20, 2015
EbolaParasite:

With your analysis, NO ONE will make heaven. Are you aware that most people sin barely 30minutes after asking for forgiveness?
And also, I think most if not all, when they ask for forgiveness are usually genuine about it. If the requirement is 100% sin free after accepting Christ and asking for forgiveness, I am sorry to say that NO ONE WILL MAKE HEAVEN except babies and toddlers

Also, what of someone who is not a Christian, that prays to GOD five times a day throughout his/her life and continuously asks for God's forgiveness. Are you saying the person won't make Heaven? Even after worshipping GOD five times a day throughout their life?

First of all, in as much as it sounds politically correct to say that anybody including the non-christian who prays to God five times a day throughout his life and continuously asks God for forgiveness would go to heaven, I'll like to shock you here with the harsh truth; the answer is NO!

1) Jesus clearly said in no ambiguous term "I am the way, the truth and the life, NO MAN CAN COME TO GOD EXCEPT THROUGH ME". Jesus was not drunk nor was He exaggerating when He made that statement. He was as serious about it as he was serious when He was raising Lazarus from the dead!

2) No man is qualified to come to God on his own because "All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God". Every man is born as a sinner, and a sinner cannot plead for himself. A guilty man needs an innocent man to plead on his behalf before a judge. That guilty man is us (mankind), that Judge is God, and that innocent advocate is Jesus Christ. This is why when God forgives us, it is not because of us, but because of who is pleading on our behalf (Jesus). So if you don't have the advocate and you try coming to the Judge directly to plead for yourself, you will never get the forgiveness you seek because you don't deserve it!

Remember, our forgiveness from God is not because we deserve it, but because of who is pleading on our behalf. This is why Jesus made it clear that no man can come to God except through Him.

This is also the same reason why a christian who asks for forgiveness from God always gets it if the person is repentant about what he did.

3) You need to understand what "The Grace of God" is and who The Holy Spirit is. If you understand these two, you will discover that IT IS VERY POSSIBLE TO LIVE AS A CHRISTIAN AND BE FAR FROM SIN. It doesn't happen by your power, but by "The Grace of God" and The help of The Holy Spirit.

The bible said "follow peace with all men and holiness, without which no man can see God". That means God wants all men to live holy. If God demands for man to live holy, then it means it is possible for man to live holy because God is not wicked to ask man to do what he has not given man the ability to do. But the secret is this; that ability to live a holy life lies in The Grace of God and The presence of The Holy Spirit. Without this, you can never live a holy life by your own effort no matter how hard you try.

Not sure i can explain all the details in writing here now, but the summary is this; The blood of Jesus can and will wash away the sins of any believer who repents and asks for forgiveness from any sin committed, no matter how many sins the person committed, but The Grace of God which comes by a close fellowship with The Holy Spirit is what empowers a christian to live above sin and live a holy life. Yes......it is possible to be a young christian, unmarried, and yet living a holy life. This is not story-telling, I am an example of it. I know the difference in my life between now and when i did not understand the Grace of God and as a result was always struggling to live a holy life without much success.
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by dapsonlou(m): 10:32pm On May 20, 2015
boobookitty:

If he is truly called by God, He will raise followers for him smiley

I smh for you. Talking like a true follow.
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by EbolaParasite: 10:35pm On May 20, 2015
nelsonoba:

First of all, in as much as it sounds politically correct to say that anybody including the non-christian who prays to God five times a day throughout his life and continuously asks God for forgiveness would go to heaven, I'll like to shock you here with the harsh truth; the answer is NO!

1) Jesus clearly said in no ambiguous term "I am the way, the truth and the life, NO MAN CAN COME TO GOD EXCEPT THROUGH ME". Jesus was not drunk nor was He exaggerating when He made that statement. He was as serious about it as he was serious when He was raising Lazarus from the dead!

2) No man is qualified to come to God on his own because "All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God". Every man is born as a sinner, and a sinner cannot plead for himself. A guilty man needs an innocent man to plead on his behalf before a judge. That guilty man is us (mankind), that Judge is God, and that innocent advocate is Jesus Christ. This is why when God forgives us, it is not because of us, but because of who is pleading on our behalf (Jesus). So if you don't have the advocate and you try coming to the Judge directly to plead for yourself, you will never get the forgiveness you seek because you don't deserve it!

Remember, our forgiveness from God is not because we deserve it, but because of who is pleading on our behalf. This is why Jesus made it clear that no man can come to God except through Him.

This is also the same reason why a christian who asks for forgiveness from God always gets it if the person is repentant about what he did.

3) You need to understand what "The Grace of God" is and who The Holy Spirit is. If you understand these two, you will discover that IT IS VERY POSSIBLE TO LIVE AS A CHRISTIAN AND BE FAR FROM SIN. It doesn't happen by your power, but by "The Grace of God" and The help of The Holy Spirit.

The bible said "follow peace with all men and holiness, without which no man can see God". That means God wants all men to live holy. If God demands for man to live holy, then it means it is possible for man to live holy because God is not wicked to ask man to do what he has not given man the ability to do. But the secret is this; that ability to live a holy life lies in The Grace of God and The presence of The Holy Spirit. Without this, you can never live a holy life by your own effort no matter how hard you try.

Not sure i can explain all the details in writing here now, but the summary is this; The blood of Jesus can and will wash away the sins of any believer who repents and asks for forgiveness from any sin committed, no matter how many sins the person committed, but The Grace of God which comes by a close fellowship with The Holy Spirit is what empowers a christian to live above sin and live a holy life. Yes......it is possible to be a young christian, unmarried, and yet living a holy life. This is not story-telling, I am an example of it. I know the difference in my life between now and when i did not understand the Grace of God and as a result was always struggling to live a holy life without much success.

I appreciate your thorough explanation. The part where we differ is on the relationship with God part. I believe it is between me and my creator, GOD. I believe if I pray to him, I will make heaven regardless of anything else. I believe he is merciful and if anyone prays to him 5 times or 20 times daily by glorifying him, they will make heaven.

I understand your point so we will have to agree to disagree. Thanks for taking time out and not doing what others do by simply saying atheist and not trying to answer questions. wink
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by mekybabe1: 5:18am On May 22, 2015
U just talk my mind now.
tchidi:
You see, a witch can kill you and later repent and make heaven! undecided embarassed
Imagine all the lives this man has cut short, but our merciful God still forgave him.
God, you de try o! embarassed embarassed
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by olumite2014(m): 10:00pm On Jun 10, 2015
The guy should be brought to justice according to our law. He should be arrested,prosecuted and convicted.
After serving the punishment,he can now start his gospel preaching.
We cannot allow such lunatic attitude like this to continue.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bridal Train Sent Out By A Pastor Over Indecent Dressing During Wedding In Edo / Where To Get Spiritual Wealth And Become A Multi - Billionaire. Bahuleya Sampat / Jesus Was A Black Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.