Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,188 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:46 AM

Should I Text My Ex And Tell Him I Miss Him – I Need Answers - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Text My Ex And Tell Him I Miss Him – I Need Answers (12854 Views)

Nigerian Lady Slams Women Who Won't For Once, Have Sex With A Guy & Tell Him Off / Tell Him I Love Him / Send This To Your Ex And She May Actually Have A Rethink (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Text My Ex And Tell Him I Miss Him – I Need Answers by mabelbrilliant: 11:54am On May 19, 2015
It's been a month since we broke up (it was mutual). I don't have anymore feelings for him. Although, I've been wondering if he ever thinks about me sometimes..But anyways, I'm wondering if I could text him "hey" and then a few minutes later, say "oops, sorry that text was meant for my friend", just to see if we could start a conversation from there, like use this as an excuse to start talking to him again..? Would that be ok? Or just weird? Should I do it? And if not, what should I do?
Thanks

Stumbled upon this video. it helps, thanks everyone for your advice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOQG4JFdQmk

Should I text my ex that I miss him is a common question that many women who have had their hearts broken by a break up often ask. Before you send that I miss you text, there are a few things to consider. What exactly is it going to accomplish and what do you expect it to accomplish.
So, should I text my ex that I miss him?

If your ex has not been in contact with you or has or is in the process of moving on, it really puts him on the spot. I mean if he isn’t missing you, what would he say? My ex texted me this not very long ago, and really I did not know what to say. I wasn’t feeling the same and a reply could be taken as hope. I didn’t reply. There would be no reply to that unless I was feeling the same. All it did was remind me that I had hurt him. That doesn’t make me feel very good and really we want to be with people that make us feel good.

So be honest with yourself. What is it that you hope will happen with that I miss you text? Do you hope he will reply and tell you he misses you too? If so, how will you feel when you get no reply? Are you ready for how that feels? No reply means he most likely doesn’t feel the same and isn’t missing you. Oh, I have heard the argument that I just want him to know. Why is that? Do you understand you may feel a need to let him know but that doesn’t mean he has a need to hear it.

Texting your ex that you miss him is more about you than it is about him. It’s about what you want and not about what he wants. It could be about what you hope he wants, but if he has broken up with you, for now, respect his decision. Give it time for the emotions to settle, especially if the break up is new. Down the road after some time has passed, perhaps you can text him something to see where his head is at, but texting I miss you is not the text to send even then. There are better more effective texts to send that don’t put your heart out there bleeding. So next time you think should I text my ex that I miss him, think again.

1 Like

Re: Should I Text My Ex And Tell Him I Miss Him – I Need Answers by NextGuest: 11:55am On May 19, 2015
NO!

you need to move forward for you

you are still emotionally attached and feel some need to connect which is not ok

it is just not healthy to maintain contact with the X

you'll just get hurt again..

don't be a doormat...move on..

for you...you deserve that much and believe in yourself..
Re: Should I Text My Ex And Tell Him I Miss Him – I Need Answers by Tiemo(m): 11:58am On May 19, 2015
Just text him and see what he says, if it turns out bad blame a friend saying it was him/her

I stumbled upon this video few days ago might help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_0ECPbo6c8
Re: Should I Text My Ex And Tell Him I Miss Him – I Need Answers by elantraceey(f): 11:59am On May 19, 2015
Come on

Nope.
If there's going to be a conservation between you too then he should start it.

After just a month, its too early.
Re: Should I Text My Ex And Tell Him I Miss Him – I Need Answers by hadura29(m): 12:00pm On May 19, 2015
Move ahead, let him remain an X. Comot your eye there...

Start a conversation, ahhn, which kind conversation. Why did you end it when you knew you won't be able to cope afterwards.

Move on with your life,...

This moi moi leave sef... grin
Re: Should I Text My Ex And Tell Him I Miss Him – I Need Answers by Cutehector(m): 12:03pm On May 19, 2015
elantraceey:
Come on

Nope.

aww.. Girls are d ones dat miss dr exes more...
Re: Should I Text My Ex And Tell Him I Miss Him – I Need Answers by IamLEGEND1: 12:06pm On May 19, 2015
NextGuest:
NO!

you need to move forward for you

you are still emotionally attached and feel some need to connect which is not ok

it is just not healthy to maintain contact with the X

you'll just get hurt again..

don't be a doormat...move on..

for you...you deserve that much and believe in yourself..

Do u even know wat "mutual" means??
Re: Should I Text My Ex And Tell Him I Miss Him – I Need Answers by IamLEGEND1: 12:08pm On May 19, 2015
d guy is trying to move on, OBVIOUSLY!!!!!

so wetin be ur problem na?

LEAVE am alone

LEAVE AM ALONE!!!!!!

ABI SOMTIN DON DEY DO U FOR BRAIN??.

at least we now know ur "monica" is just a big ruse.

Re: Should I Text My Ex And Tell Him I Miss Him – I Need Answers by write2obi(m): 12:10pm On May 19, 2015
elantraceey:
Come on

Nope.

Why should he be the one that starts the conversation undecided undecided .
Op do you want him back ?
If yes then text his, and tell him you just want to know how he is doing.
If no then leave him the fu*k alone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Text My Ex And Tell Him I Miss Him – I Need Answers by Basildvalour(m): 12:14pm On May 19, 2015
You might have removed your eyes from him but it is certain that your heart is still there else you won't feel any need to be connected to him in any way.

It takes time to forget break-ups and it is also good for both of you to still come together and discuss what really went wrong and if both of you still want to make it work again, good for you but if not, then, you could just remain as pals.

Don't see anything with you checking up on a friend!
Re: Should I Text My Ex And Tell Him I Miss Him – I Need Answers by JUNIT1(m): 12:18pm On May 19, 2015
mabelbrilliant:
It's been a month since we broke up (it was mutual). I don't have anymore feelings for him. Although, I've been wondering if he ever thinks about me sometimes..But anyways, I'm wondering if I could text him "hey" and then a few minutes later, say "oops, sorry that text was meant for my friend", just to see if we could start a conversation from there, like use this as an excuse to start talking to him again..? Would that be ok? Or just weird? Should I do it? And if not, what should I do?
Thanks

Story for the dogs!!!! angry

Re: Should I Text My Ex And Tell Him I Miss Him – I Need Answers by bangele: 12:22pm On May 19, 2015
Wow why most people take there xx as a n enemy after breakup it isn't right...my dear there is nothing wrong trying to check on ur xx he is still ur friend even tho it didn't work out with both of you,as for me all my xx are still my friends and we do communicates well
Re: Should I Text My Ex And Tell Him I Miss Him – I Need Answers by sinizia: 12:26pm On May 19, 2015
mabelbrilliant:
Thanks

If you have feelings for him and you don't want to date him again, don't do it. Once you text him, he replies, the feelings starts flowing back again. I think you still have feelings for him and if he doesn't for you, then you are gonna waste your time if you text him.

If I'm to advice you, i'd say, don't text him until you have no feelings for him again. If i have feelings for an ex i don't want back, i steer clear of her paths till I've moved on, then i can chat her up. So don't text him, move on first.
Re: Should I Text My Ex And Tell Him I Miss Him – I Need Answers by sinizia: 12:29pm On May 19, 2015
elantraceey:
Come on

Nope.

This is one thing that make some humans lose their happiness. Must it be the guy that must start up a convo? Some girls and their mentality though. Too much ego. SMH.

1 Like

Re: Should I Text My Ex And Tell Him I Miss Him – I Need Answers by yorubaboiy: 12:34pm On May 19, 2015
yeye yeye
Re: Should I Text My Ex And Tell Him I Miss Him – I Need Answers by Tashaamania(f): 12:41pm On May 19, 2015
You dont have feelings for him again, yet you wanna text him..why For what
Re: Should I Text My Ex And Tell Him I Miss Him – I Need Answers by TheSonOfMark(m): 12:59pm On May 19, 2015

If we have to decide for you then it renders the adjective (BRILLIANT) attached to your name invalid.
Re: Should I Text My Ex And Tell Him I Miss Him – I Need Answers by forandy(m): 1:06pm On May 19, 2015
Dis girl needs a hug cry
Re: Should I Text My Ex And Tell Him I Miss Him – I Need Answers by elantraceey(f): 5:46pm On May 19, 2015
Cutehector:
aww.. Girls are d ones dat miss dr exes more...

Not all.
Re: Should I Text My Ex And Tell Him I Miss Him – I Need Answers by Mikkie31(m): 6:14pm On May 19, 2015
Its not him you miss,its the sex. You'll get over it.
Re: Should I Text My Ex And Tell Him I Miss Him – I Need Answers by Adaeze003(f): 6:21pm On May 19, 2015
IamLEGEND1:

Do u even know wat "mutual" means??

Mutual or not, one person initiated it. There's always a "dumper" n a "dumped" or on a lighter note, a "leaver" and the "left"... grin

It's either she doesn't want to sound like a jerk by saying she left or... you know the rest.

1 Like

Re: Should I Text My Ex And Tell Him I Miss Him – I Need Answers by 12month: 7:03pm On May 19, 2015
Maybe this is the reason why one of my ex gal called me on sunday morning, and she started sending me some of her pics on whatsapp while we chatted.

It was like old times and we talked abt almost everything. I had some small feelings for her but after dat day, I didn't go back chatting with her (yes it's unhealthy).

The best thing is always moving on and after a long time u can chat on neutral basis
Re: Should I Text My Ex And Tell Him I Miss Him – I Need Answers by Nobody: 7:09pm On May 19, 2015
Trust me, that would be weird. Most guys know that tactic already. It's not even original.
Re: Should I Text My Ex And Tell Him I Miss Him – I Need Answers by MizMyColi(f): 7:36pm On May 19, 2015
NO!

The relationship didn't last because He is/was a jerk or you were/are one.

Why complicate things for yourself further?

#SayNoToApexPredators
Re: Should I Text My Ex And Tell Him I Miss Him – I Need Answers by warripekin(m): 8:01pm On May 19, 2015
MizMyColi:
NO!

The relationship didn't last because He is/was a jerk or you were/are one.

Why complicate things for yourself further?

#SayNoToApexPredators
Miss Nkoli biko which one be apex predator?
Re: Should I Text My Ex And Tell Him I Miss Him – I Need Answers by chigoizie7(m): 8:07pm On May 19, 2015
mabelbrilliant:
Thanks

Your only problem is pride,and if care is not taken, it might cost u something bigger than life itself.
Re: Should I Text My Ex And Tell Him I Miss Him – I Need Answers by amokeme(f): 9:22pm On May 19, 2015
You could tell him how you feel.. I mean, what's the worst that could happen? You ll just keep hurting if you keep everything to yourself. And to me, I feel you will heal faster that way.
He must not be the one to initiate a conversation.. And since the breakup was "mutual" chatting him up or even calling him shouldn't be a problem or a bad idea. You will feel better when you do.

1 Like

Re: Should I Text My Ex And Tell Him I Miss Him – I Need Answers by amokeme(f): 9:26pm On May 19, 2015
chigoizie7:

Your only problem is pride,and if care is not taken, it might cost u something bigger than life itself.
and what could be bigger than that
Re: Should I Text My Ex And Tell Him I Miss Him – I Need Answers by kaboninc(m): 9:34pm On May 19, 2015
mabelbrilliant:
Thanks

Eyaa...

You're already missing him. Lovey lovey!

Personally, I can do that. Still send a 'hi' to me ex. And even the married ones remember me. Some just hate me sef. But who cares? I really can't keep malice with an ex. I still try to reach out. Because that's what politicians and businessmen do. cheesy

So you can try sending a 'hi' and claim that it was a mistake. If he responds and shows any interest in kwontinuing, then he misses you too.

If na me, I'll tell you say I miss you fa. Can't hide such a thing!

But watch for signs oh. Signs that the relationship could lead to somewhere at then end. Else, no waste your time. They say you don't know the value of what you have until you loose it.
Re: Should I Text My Ex And Tell Him I Miss Him – I Need Answers by kaboninc(m): 9:36pm On May 19, 2015
amokeme:
You could tell him how you feel.. I mean, what's the worst that could happen? You ll just keep hurting if you keep everything to yourself. And to me, I feel you will heal faster that way.
He must not be the one to initiate a conversation.. And since the breakup was "mutual" chatting him up or even calling him shouldn't be a problem or a bad idea. You will feel better when you do.

Already liking you cheesy

1 Like

Re: Should I Text My Ex And Tell Him I Miss Him – I Need Answers by kaboninc(m): 9:39pm On May 19, 2015
12month:
Maybe this is the reason why one of my ex gal called me on sunday morning, and she started sending me some of her pics on whatsapp while we chatted.

It was like old times and we talked abt almost everything. I had some small feelings for her but after dat day, I didn't go back chatting with her (yes it's unhealthy).

The best thing is always moving on and after a long time u can chat on neutral basis

Is it that bad to go back to your ex?
Re: Should I Text My Ex And Tell Him I Miss Him – I Need Answers by kaboninc(m): 9:40pm On May 19, 2015
Adaeze003:

Mutual or not, one person initiated it. There's always a "dumper" n a "dumped" or on a lighter note, a "leaver" and the "left"... grin

It's either she doesn't want to sound like a jerk by saying she left or... you know the rest.

You mean the dumper who dumps the dumpee who gets dumped?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies, Its Friday Night Again. / Partiality As Per Nairaland Beach Party(pictures) / See What A Girl Wrote On Facebook About Having Sex (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.