Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,353 members, 7,812,004 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:03 AM

Muhammads Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery (Ashtiname Of Muhammad) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Muhammads Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery (Ashtiname Of Muhammad) (14215 Views)

Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) / Why Was Muhammads Father Named Abd-allah Before Muhammads Prophethood? / Muhammads Night Journey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muhammads Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery (Ashtiname Of Muhammad) by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 19, 2015
I know someone has already posted this a few years ago, but I thought it could be beneficial considering the rising tensions between the muslims and Christians of the religion section, due to the activities of certain jobless dimwits. After reading this I wondered why things like this are not given more publicity but instead people tend to try to exploit and misinterprete certain verses of islam, what they intend to achieve I do not know. We always say our religion is a religion of peace but they always disagree, quoting verses about war and what now. What do they want us to do? Do they want us to start attacking people because that is what our religion says according to them? I am appealing to all muslims and other open minded people to please read this with an open mind and remember that the prophet was indeed a man of peace. I am also appealing to the hateful dogs to stay away from this thread.

According to the monks' tradition, Muhammad frequented the monastery and had great relationships and discussions with the Sinai fathers.[3] The document claims that the Prophet (570–632) had personally granted by charter in the second year of the Hegira, corresponding to AD 626, the rights and privileges to all Christians "far and near". It consists of several clauses on such topics as the protection of Christians living under Islamic rule as well as pilgrims on their way to monasteries, freedom of worship and movement, freedom to appoint their own judges and to own and maintain their property, exemption from military service and taxes, and the right to protection in war.

English Translation of the Ashtiname by Richard Peacocke
Muhammad the son of ‘Abd Allah, the Messenger of Allah, and careful guardian of the whole world; has written the present instrument to all those who are in his national people, and of his own religion, as a secure and positive promise to be accomplished to the Christian nation, and relations of the Nazarene, whosoever they may be, whether they be the noble or the vulgar, the honorable or otherwise, saying thus.I. Whosoever of my nation shall presume to break my promise and oath, which is contained in this present agreement, destroys the promise of God, acts contrary to the oath, and will be a resister of the faith, (which God forbid) for he becomes worthy of the curse, whether he be the King himself, or a poor man, or whatever person he may be.
That whenever any of the monks in his travels shall happen to settle upon any mountain, hill, village, or other habitable place, on the sea, or in deserts, or in any convent, church, or house of prayer, I shall be in the midst of them, as the preserver and protector of them, their goods and effects, with my soul, aid, and protection, jointly with all my national people; because they are a part of my own people, and an honor to me.
Moreover, I command all officers not to require any poll-tax on them, or any other tribute, because they shall not be forced or compelled to anything of this kind.
None shall presume to change their judges or governors, but they shall remain in their office, without being deported.
No one shall molest them when they are travelling on the road.
Whatever churches they are possessed of, no one is to deprive them of them.
Whosoever shall annul any of one of these my decrees, let him know positively that he annuls the ordinance of God.
Moreover, neither their judges, governors, monks, servants, disciples, or any others depending on them, shall pay any poll-tax, or be molested on that account, because I am their protector, wherever they shall be, either by land or sea, east or west, north or south; because both they and all that belong to them are included in this my promissory oath and patent.
And of those that live quietly and solitary upon the mountains, they shall exact neither poll-tax nor tithes from their incomes, neither shall any Muslim partake of what they have; for they labor only to maintain themselves.
Whenever the crop of the earth shall be plentiful in its due time, the inhabitants shall be obliged out of every bushel to give them a certain measure.
Neither in time of war shall they take them out of their habitations, nor compel them to go to the wars, nor even then shall they require of them any poll-tax.
In these eleven chapters is to be found whatever relates to the monks, as to the remaining seven chapters, they direct what relates to every Christian.
Those Christians who are inhabitants, and with their riches and traffic are able to pay the poll-tax, shall pay no more than twelve drachms.
Excepting this, nothing shall be required of them, according to the express order of God, that says, ‘Do not molest those that have a veneration for the books that are sent from God, but rather in a kind manner' [29:46]. Give of your good things to them, and converse with them, and hinder everyone from molesting them.
If a Christian woman shall happen to marry a Muslim man, the Muslim shall not cross the inclination of his wife, to keep her from her church and prayers, and the practice of her religion.
That no person hinder them from repairing their churches.
Whosoever acts contrary to my grant, or gives credit to anything contrary to it, becomes truly an apostate to God, and to his divine apostle, because this protection I have granted to them according to this promise.
No one shall bear arms against them, but, on the contrary, the Muslims shall wage war for them.
And by this I ordain, that none of my nation shall presume to do or act contrary to this my promise, until the end of the world.

Muqtedar Khan was spot on when he said.

Those who seek to foster discord among Muslims and Christians focus on issues that divide and emphasize areas of conflict. But when resources such as Muhammad's promise to Christians is invoked and highlighted it builds bridges. It inspires Muslims to rise above communal intolerance and engenders good will in Christians who might be nursing fear of Islam or Muslims.[7]
Re: Muhammads Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery (Ashtiname Of Muhammad) by shakazuldadon: 5:20pm On May 19, 2015
Did u write all this from your head?

2 Likes

Re: Muhammads Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery (Ashtiname Of Muhammad) by dalaman: 5:23pm On May 19, 2015
I thought they said that Mohammad was an illiterate? How is he writing letters to others?

5 Likes

Re: Muhammads Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery (Ashtiname Of Muhammad) by Nobody: 5:25pm On May 19, 2015
shakazuldadon:
Did u write all this from your head?

Write all of what?
Re: Muhammads Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery (Ashtiname Of Muhammad) by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 19, 2015
dalaman:
I thought they said that Mohammad was an illetrate? How is he writing letters to others?

Ali Ibn Abi Talib, his cousin, was the scribe.

1 Like

Re: Muhammads Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery (Ashtiname Of Muhammad) by vedaxcool(m): 5:32pm On May 19, 2015
Watch as barely literate haterz deny this letter!

1 Like

Re: Muhammads Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery (Ashtiname Of Muhammad) by tartar9(m): 6:17pm On May 19, 2015
some people won't be happy about this.how authentic are those letters thou?
Re: Muhammads Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery (Ashtiname Of Muhammad) by basilico: 6:18pm On May 19, 2015
answering muslims has a detailed story based on hadeeth of how that prophet. thought about his scribe.
http://www.answering-islam.org/Quran/Sources/sarh.html
Re: Muhammads Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery (Ashtiname Of Muhammad) by Nobody: 7:31pm On May 19, 2015
basilico:
answering muslims has a detailed story based on hadeeth of how that prophet. thought about his scribe.
http://www.answering-islam.org/Quran/Sources/sarh.html

Wrong person dumbo!
Re: Muhammads Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery (Ashtiname Of Muhammad) by basilico: 7:40pm On May 19, 2015
EzioAuditore:

Wrong person dumbo!

You see some of us understand the Muslim mindset. We understand that you Muslims (the best of the people, though Muhammad family was more preferred) use taqqiya. Here is Caliph Uthman snipet of his pact with non Muslims. Available online in full

In the name of God, the Merciful and
Compassionate. This is a letter to the servant of
God Umar [ibn al-Khattab], Commander of the
Faithful, from the Christians of such-and-such a
city. When you came against us, we asked you
for safe-conduct (aman) for ourselves, our
descendants, our property, and the people of our
community, and we undertook the following
obligations toward you:
We shall not build, in our cities or in their
neighborhood, new monasteries, Churches,
convents, or monks' cells, nor shall we repair, by
day or by night, such of them as fall in ruins or
are situated in the quarters of the Muslims.
We shall keep our gates wide open for passersby
and travelers. We shall give board and lodging to
all Muslims who pass our way for three days.
We shall not give shelter in our churches or in
our dwellings to any spy, nor bide him from the
Muslims.
We shall not teach the Qur'an to our children.
We shall not manifest our religion publicly nor
convert anyone to it. We shall not prevent any of
our kin from entering Islam if they wish it.
We shall show respect toward the Muslims, and
we shall rise from our seats when they wish to
sit.
We shall not seek to resemble the Muslims by
imitating any of their garments, the qalansuwa,
the turban, footwear, or the parting of the hair.
We shall not speak as they do, nor shall we
adopt their kunyas.
We shall not mount on saddles, nor shall we gird
swords nor bear any kind of arms nor carry them
on our- persons.
We shall not engrave Arabic inscriptions on our
seals.
We shall not sell fermented drinks.
We shall clip the fronts of our heads.
We shall always dress in the same way wherever
we may be, and we shall bind the zunar round
our waists
We shall not display our crosses or our books in
the roads or markets of the Muslims. We shall
use only clappers in our churches very softly. We
shall not raise our voices when following our
dead. We shall not show lights on any of the
roads of the Muslims or in their markets. We
shall not bury our dead near the Muslims.
We shall not take slaves who have beenallotted
to Muslims.
We shall not build houses overtopping the houses
of the Muslims.
(When I brought the letter to Umar, may God be
pleased with him, he added, "We shall not strike
a Muslim."wink
We accept these conditions for ourselves and for
the people of our community, and in return we
receive safe-conduct.
If we in any way violate these undertakings for
which we ourselves stand surety, we forfeit our
covenant [dhimma], and we become liable to the
penalties for contumacy and sedition.

1 Like

Re: Muhammads Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery (Ashtiname Of Muhammad) by Nobody: 9:32pm On May 19, 2015
basilico:

You see some of us understand the Muslim mindset. We understand that you Muslims (the best of the people, though Muhammad family was more preferred) use taqqiya. Here is Caliph Uthman snipet of his pact with non Muslims. Available online in full

Lol! First you brought some BS about some scribe which had nothing to do with this, now you're bringing a treaty signed by uthman, the 3rd rightly guided caloph. Reeks of the usual desperation you and your fellow mad women exhibit. I told you desperate dogs to stay away from this thread, but sure enough, you dragged your worthless self here. I expected no less from a dog! FOH!
Re: Muhammads Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery (Ashtiname Of Muhammad) by basilico: 10:11pm On May 19, 2015
EzioAuditore:

Lol! First you brought some BS about some scribe which had nothing to do with this, now you're bringing a treaty signed by umar, the 2nd rightly guided caloph. Reeks of the usual desperation you and your fellow mad women exhibit. I told you desperate dogs to stay away from this thread, but sure enough, you dragged your worthless self here. I expected no less from a dog! FOH!

Your prophet was a nutcase .

4 Likes

Re: Muhammads Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery (Ashtiname Of Muhammad) by true2god: 5:23am On May 20, 2015
EzioAuditore:
I know someone has already posted this a few years ago, but I thought it could be beneficial considering the rising tensions between the muslims and Christians of the religion section, due to the activities of certain jobless dimwits. After reading this I wondered why things like this are not given more publicity but instead people tend to try to exploit and misinterprete certain verses of islam, what they intend to achieve I do not know. We always say our religion is a religion of peace but they always disagree, quoting verses about war and what now. What do they want us to do? Do they want us to start attacking people because that is what our religion says according to them? I am appealing to all muslims and other open minded people to please read this with an open mind and remember that the prophet was indeed a man of peace. I am also appealing to the hateful dogs to stay away from this thread.

According to the monks' tradition, Muhammad frequented the monastery and had great relationships and discussions with the Sinai fathers.[3] The document claims that the Prophet (570–632) had personally granted by charter in the second year of the Hegira, corresponding to AD 626, the rights and privileges to all Christians "far and near". It consists of several clauses on such topics as the protection of Christians living under Islamic rule as well as pilgrims on their way to monasteries, freedom of worship and movement, freedom to appoint their own judges and to own and maintain their property, exemption from military service and taxes, and the right to protection in war.

English Translation of the Ashtiname by Richard Peacocke
Muhammad the son of ‘Abd Allah, the Messenger of Allah, and careful guardian of the whole world; has written the present instrument to all those who are in his national people, and of his own religion, as a secure and positive promise to be accomplished to the Christian nation, and relations of the Nazarene, whosoever they may be, whether they be the noble or the vulgar, the honorable or otherwise, saying thus.I. Whosoever of my nation shall presume to break my promise and oath, which is contained in this present agreement, destroys the promise of God, acts contrary to the oath, and will be a resister of the faith, (which God forbid) for he becomes worthy of the curse, whether he be the King himself, or a poor man, or whatever person he may be.
That whenever any of the monks in his travels shall happen to settle upon any mountain, hill, village, or other habitable place, on the sea, or in deserts, or in any convent, church, or house of prayer, I shall be in the midst of them, as the preserver and protector of them, their goods and effects, with my soul, aid, and protection, jointly with all my national people; because they are a part of my own people, and an honor to me.
Moreover, I command all officers not to require any poll-tax on them, or any other tribute, because they shall not be forced or compelled to anything of this kind.
None shall presume to change their judges or governors, but they shall remain in their office, without being deported.
No one shall molest them when they are travelling on the road.
Whatever churches they are possessed of, no one is to deprive them of them.
Whosoever shall annul any of one of these my decrees, let him know positively that he annuls the ordinance of God.
Moreover, neither their judges, governors, monks, servants, disciples, or any others depending on them, shall pay any poll-tax, or be molested on that account, because I am their protector, wherever they shall be, either by land or sea, east or west, north or south; because both they and all that belong to them are included in this my promissory oath and patent.
And of those that live quietly and solitary upon the mountains, they shall exact neither poll-tax nor tithes from their incomes, neither shall any Muslim partake of what they have; for they labor only to maintain themselves.
Whenever the crop of the earth shall be plentiful in its due time, the inhabitants shall be obliged out of every bushel to give them a certain measure.
Neither in time of war shall they take them out of their habitations, nor compel them to go to the wars, nor even then shall they require of them any poll-tax.
In these eleven chapters is to be found whatever relates to the monks, as to the remaining seven chapters, they direct what relates to every Christian.
Those Christians who are inhabitants, and with their riches and traffic are able to pay the poll-tax, shall pay no more than twelve drachms.
Excepting this, nothing shall be required of them, according to the express order of God, that says, ‘Do not molest those that have a veneration for the books that are sent from God, but rather in a kind manner' [29:46]. Give of your good things to them, and converse with them, and hinder everyone from molesting them.
If a Christian woman shall happen to marry a Muslim man, the Muslim shall not cross the inclination of his wife, to keep her from her church and prayers, and the practice of her religion.
That no person hinder them from repairing their churches.
Whosoever acts contrary to my grant, or gives credit to anything contrary to it, becomes truly an apostate to God, and to his divine apostle, because this protection I have granted to them according to this promise.
No one shall bear arms against them, but, on the contrary, the Muslims shall wage war for them.
And by this I ordain, that none of my nation shall presume to do or act contrary to this my promise, until the end of the world.

Muqtedar Khan was spot on when he said.

Those who seek to foster discord among Muslims and Christians focus on issues that divide and emphasize areas of conflict. But when resources such as Muhammad's promise to Christians is invoked and highlighted it builds bridges. It inspires Muslims to rise above communal intolerance and engenders good will in Christians who might be nursing fear of Islam or Muslims.[7]

Islamic propaganda and damage control strategy. Nice concept from the islamic al taqiyya artist.

This is what allahh told mohammed:
Quran 9:29, Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not consider unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have made unlawful and who do not adopt the religion of truth from those who were given the Scripture - [fight] until they give the jizyah willingly while they are humbled.

Quran 9:30, The Jews say, "Ezra is the son of Allah "; and the Christians say, "The Messiah is the son of Allah ." That is their statement from their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved [before them]. May Allah destroy them; how are they deluded?

2 Likes

Re: Muhammads Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery (Ashtiname Of Muhammad) by mustymatic(m): 7:03am On May 20, 2015
true2god:

Quran 9:30, The Jews say, "Ezra is the son of Allah "; and the Christians say, "The Messiah is the son of Allah ." That is their statement from their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved [before them]. May Allah destroy them; how are they deluded?
Christians and Jews hav something in common, if u hav some common sense you'll figure that out...All are wrong
Re: Muhammads Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery (Ashtiname Of Muhammad) by onetrack(m): 7:52am On May 20, 2015
The Ashtiname is almost certainly a fraud created by the monks to protect themselves from attack by Muslim rulers. In any case none of the hadiths mention any such document being given to the monks.
Re: Muhammads Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery (Ashtiname Of Muhammad) by Nobody: 7:56am On May 20, 2015
true2god:
Islamic propaganda and damage control strategy. Nice concept from the islamic al taqiyya artist.

This is what allahh told mohammed:
Quran 9:29, Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not consider unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have made unlawful and who do not adopt the religion of truth from those who were given the Scripture - [fight] until they give the jizyah willingly while they are humbled.

"Strongest among men in enmity to the believers (Muslims) wilt thou find the Jews and Pagans; and nearest among them in love to the believers wilt thou find those who say, 'We are Christians': because amongst these are men devoted to learning and men who have renounced the world, and they are not arrogant. (The Noble Quran, 5:82)"

"Say: 'O People of the Book (i.e., Jews and Christians)! Come to common terms as between us and you: That we worship none but Allah; that we associate no partners with Him; that we erect not, from among ourselves, Lords and patrons other than Allah.' If then they turn back, say ye: 'Bear witness that we (at least) are Muslims (bowing to Allah's Will).' (The Noble Quran, 3:64)"

Of the people of Moses there is a section who guide and do justice in the light of truth. (Quran 7:159)

And We caused Jesus, the son of Mary, to follow in the footsteps of those (earlier prophets), confirming the truth of whatever there still remained of the Torah; and We sent him the Gospel, wherein there was guidance and light, confirming the truth of whatever there still remained of the Torah, and as a guidance and admonition unto the God-conscious. (Quran 5:46)

Verily, those who have attained to faith [in this divine writ], as well as those who follow the Jewish faith, and the Christians, and the Sabians - all who believe in God and the Last Day and do righteous deeds-shall have their reward with their Sustainer; and no fear need they have, and neither shall they grieve. (Quran 2:62)

Not all of them are alike: Of the People of the Book are a portion that stand (For the right): They rehearse the Signs of God all night long, and they prostrate themselves in adoration. They believe in God and the Last Day; they enjoin what is right, and forbid what is wrong; and they hasten (in emulation) in (all) good works: They are in the ranks of the righteous. (Quran 3:113-114)

And there are, certainly, among the People of the Book, those who believe in God, in the revelation to you, and in the revelation to them, bowing in humility to God. They will not sell the Signs of God for a miserable gain! For them is a reward with their Lord, and God is swift in account. (Quran 3:199) -

Why not quote verses like these, but instead choose to spread enmity and hatred through misinterpretation of verses? Like I said, hateful dogs! Please stay away.

1 Like

Re: Muhammads Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery (Ashtiname Of Muhammad) by Nobody: 7:59am On May 20, 2015
onetrack:
The Ashtiname is almost certainly a fraud created by the monks to protect themselves from attack by Muslim rulers. In any case none of the hadiths mention any such document being given to the monks.

I beg to differ. If you read the verses above, you'd see that the prophet granting these privileges to monks is in perfect harmony with the teachings of the Quran.
Re: Muhammads Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery (Ashtiname Of Muhammad) by Nobody: 8:03am On May 20, 2015
basilico:

Your prophet was a nutcase .

Yeah! I guess this was him as well.

“And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil. But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying; Send her away; for she crieth after us. But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me. But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children’s bread, and to cast it to dogs. And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters’ table. Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.” Matthew 15:22-8
Re: Muhammads Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery (Ashtiname Of Muhammad) by true2god: 8:57am On May 20, 2015
mustymatic:

Christians and Jews hav something in common, if u hav some common sense you'll figure that out...All are wrong
Mr 'common sense' explain this verse:
Quran 9:29, Fight those who do not
believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not consider unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have made unlawful and who do not adopt the religion of truth from those who were given the Scripture - [fight] until they give the jizyah willingly while they are humbled.
Re: Muhammads Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery (Ashtiname Of Muhammad) by Proffdada: 9:02am On May 20, 2015
The Qur'an:
Qur'an (16:106) - Establishes that there are circumstances that can "compel" a Muslim to tell a lie.

Qur'an (3:28) - This verse tells Muslims not to take those outside the faith as friends, unless it is to "guard themselves."

Qur'an (9:3) - "...Allah and His Messenger are free from liability to the idolaters..." The dissolution of oaths with the pagans who remained at Mecca following its capture. They did nothing wrong, but were evicted anyway.

Qur'an (40:28) - A man is introduced as a believer, but one who must "hide his faith" among those who are not believers.

Qur'an (2:225) - "Allah will not call you to account for thoughtlessness in your oaths, but for the intention in your hearts" The context of this remark is marriage, which explains why Sharia allows spouses to lie to each other for the greater good.

Qur'an (3:54) - "And they (the disbelievers) schemed, and Allah schemed (against them): and Allah is the best of schemers." The Arabic word used here for scheme (or plot) is makara, which literally means 'deceit'. If Allah is supremely deceitful toward unbelievers, then there is little basis for denying that Muslims are allowed to do the same. (See also 8:30 and 10:21)
Re: Muhammads Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery (Ashtiname Of Muhammad) by Nobody: 9:24am On May 20, 2015
Proffdada:
The Qur'an:
Qur'an (16:106) - Establishes that there are circumstances that can "compel" a Muslim to tell a lie.

Qur'an (3:28) - This verse tells Muslims not to take those outside the faith as friends, unless it is to "guard themselves."

Qur'an (9:3) - "...Allah and His Messenger are free from liability to the idolaters..." The dissolution of oaths with the pagans who remained at Mecca following its capture. They did nothing wrong, but were evicted anyway.

Qur'an (40:28) - A man is introduced as a believer, but one who must "hide his faith" among those who are not believers.

Qur'an (2:225) - "Allah will not call you to account for thoughtlessness in your oaths, but for the intention in your hearts" The context of this remark is marriage, which explains why Sharia allows spouses to lie to each other for the greater good.
I
Qur'an (3:54) - "And they (the disbelievers) schemed, and Allah schemed
(against them): and Allah is the best of schemers." The Arabic word used here for scheme (or plot) is makara, which literally means 'deceit'. If Allah is supremely deceitful toward unbelievers, then there is little basis for denying that Muslims are allowed to do the same. (See also 8:30 and 10:21)

Quran 16:106

Whoever disbelieves in Allah after his belief... except for one who is forced [to renounce his religion] while his heart is secure in faith. But those who [willingly] open their breasts to disbelief, upon them is wrath from Allah , and for them is a great punishment;

Shame on you!

To understand the issue of befriending the Jews, Christians or people of any other faith, we have to study all the concerned verses from the Quran collectively.

Let us look at some other verses about this issue. The following two verses regulate relations with any people, regardless of faith:

As for such [of the unbelievers] as do not fight against you on account of [your] faith, and neither drive you forth from your homelands, God does not forbid you to show them kindness and to behave towards them with full equity: for, verily, God loves those who act equitably. (Quran 60:cool

God only forbids you to turn in friendship towards such as fight against you because of [your] faith, and drive you forth from your homelands, or aid [others] in driving you forth: and as for those [from among you] who turn towards them in friendship; it is they, they who are truly wrongdoers! (Quran 60:9)

From the above verses, we learn that we are only discouraged from befriending those who fight Muslims because of their religion. Now let's go back to the verse immediately after 5:51, to see if it sheds some further light on the issue.

And yet you can not see how those in whose hearts there is disease vie with one another for their good will (the hostile Jews and Christians), saying [to themselves], "We do fear lest a change of fortune bring us disaster." But God may well bring about good fortune [for the believers] or any [other] event of His own devising, whereupon those [waverers] will be smitten with remorse for the thoughts which they had secretly harboured within themselves- (Quran 5:52)

During the time of the Prophet when the Jews and Christians were in open conflict with the Muslims, there were some Muslims who were more concerned about maintaining there alliances with the Jews and Christians at the expense of the Muslim community. The above verse is referring to such situations where Muslims with doubts in their hearts will ally themselves with the enemy. -

Quran 9:3

Sahih International
And [it is] an announcement from Allah and His Messenger to the people on the day of the greater pilgrimage that Allah is disassociated from the disbelievers, and [so is] His Messenger. So if you repent, that is best for you; but if you turn away - then know that you will not cause failure to Allah . And give tidings to those who disbelieve of a painful punishment.

I don't know how the bellend came at his conclusion.

Quran 40:28

Sahih International
And a believing man from the family of Pharaoh who concealed his faith said, "Do you kill a man [merely] because he says, 'My Lord is Allah ' while he has brought you clear proofs from your Lord? And if he should be lying, then upon him is [the consequence of] his lie; but if he should be truthful, there will strike you some of what he promises you. Indeed, Allah does not guide one who is a transgressor and a liar.

By now a sane person must have understood your pattern of lies and misinterpretation, again! How he came at his conclusion I don't know.

2:225

Sahih International
Allah does not impose blame upon you for what is unintentional in your oaths, but He imposes blame upon you for what your hearts have earned. And Allah is Forgiving and Forbearing.

Hmm! Smh!

And finally: 3:54

Sahih International
And the disbelievers planned, but Allah planned. And Allah is the best of planners.
Muhsin Khan
And they (disbelievers) plotted [to kill 'Iesa (Jesus) ], and Allah planned too. And Allah is the Best of the planners.
Pickthall
And they (the disbelievers) schemed, and Allah schemed (against them): and Allah is the best of schemers.
Yusuf Ali
And (the unbelievers) plotted and planned, and Allah too planned, and the best of planners is Allah.
Shakir
And they planned and Allah (also) planned, and Allah is the best of planners.
Dr. Ghali
And they schemed, and Allah schemed, and Allah is The Most Charitable of schemers.

These are the most acceptable sources of translation of the Quran. But apparently this sprag claims to know better? Lol! Like I said, hateful dogs!
Re: Muhammads Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery (Ashtiname Of Muhammad) by true2god: 9:32am On May 20, 2015
EzioAuditore:

"Strongest among men in enmity to the believers (Muslims) wilt thou find the Jews and Pagans; and nearest among them in love to the believers wilt thou find those who say, 'We are Christians': because amongst these are men devoted to learning and men who have renounced the world, and they are not arrogant. (The Noble Quran, 5:82)"

"Say: 'O People of the Book (i.e., Jews and Christians)! Come to common terms as between us and you: That we worship none but Allah; that we associate no partners with Him; that we erect not, from among ourselves, Lords and patrons other than Allah.' If then they turn back, say ye: 'Bear witness that we (at least) are Muslims (bowing to Allah's Will).' (The Noble Quran, 3:64)"

Of the people of Moses there is a section who guide and do justice in the light of truth. (Quran 7:159)

And We caused Jesus, the son of Mary, to follow in the footsteps of those (earlier prophets), confirming the truth of whatever there still remained of the Torah; and We sent him the Gospel, wherein there was guidance and light, confirming the truth of whatever there still remained of the Torah, and as a guidance and admonition unto the God-conscious. (Quran 5:46)

Verily, those who have attained to faith [in this divine writ], as well as those who follow the Jewish faith, and the Christians, and the Sabians - all who believe in God and the Last Day and do righteous deeds-shall have their reward with their Sustainer; and no fear need they have, and neither shall they grieve. (Quran 2:62)

Not all of them are alike: Of the People of the Book are a portion that stand (For the right): They rehearse the Signs of God all night long, and they prostrate themselves in adoration. They believe in God and the Last Day; they enjoin what is right, and forbid what is wrong; and they hasten (in emulation) in (all) good works: They are in the ranks of the righteous. (Quran 3:113-114)

And there are, certainly, among the People of the Book, those who believe in God, in the revelation to you, and in the revelation to them, bowing in humility to God. They will not sell the Signs of God for a miserable gain! For them is a reward with their Lord, and God is swift in account. (Quran 3:199) -

Why not quote verses like these, but instead choose to spread enmity and hatred through misinterpretation of verses? Like I said, hateful dogs! Please stay away.

You seem not to understand the dynamics in your unholy koran or lying as usual. The koranic 'revelations' were made both in makka and medina. See the verses that confirms abrogation and cancellations of some revelations.

Qur’an 2:106—Whatever verse we shall abrogate, or cause [thee] to forget, we will bring a better than it, or one like unto it. Dost thou not know that God is almighty?

Qur’an 16:101—When We substitute one revelation for another—and God knows best what He reveals (in stages)—they say, “Thou art but a forger”: but most of them understand not.

So the verses you quoted were 'revealed' in makka when mohammed was militarily weak against his foes and were all abrogated and replaced with a more militaristic ones like the one we have in quran 9:5....'And when the sacred months have passed, then kill the polytheists wherever you find them and capture them and besiege them and sit in wait for them at every place of ambush. But if they should repent, establish prayer, and give zakah, let them [go] on their way. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful'.

There are more violent verses revealed in medina and i can provide them on your request.
Re: Muhammads Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery (Ashtiname Of Muhammad) by Nobody: 9:40am On May 20, 2015
true2god:
You seem not to understand the dynamics in your unholy koran or lying as usual. The koranic 'revelations' were made both in makka and medina. See the verses that confirms abrogation and cancellations of some revelations.

Qur’an 2:106—Whatever verse we shall abrogate, or cause [thee] to forget, we will bring a better than it, or one like unto it. Dost thou not know that God is almighty?

Qur’an 16:101—When We substitute one revelation for another—and God knows best what He reveals (in stages)—they say, “Thou art but a forger”: but most of them understand not.

So the verses you quoted were 'revealed' in makka when mohammed was militarily weak against his foes and were all abrogated and replaced with a more militaristic ones like the one we have in quran 9:5....'And when the sacred months have passed, then kill the polytheists wherever you find them and capture them and besiege them and sit in wait for them at every place of ambush. But if they should repent, establish prayer, and give zakah, let them [go] on their way. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful'.

There are more violent verses revealed in medina and i can provide them on your request.

Ahhh look! Its the irrelevant dog again! Why don't your sit on the beach and wait for your brighter friends, it is an established fact that you are worthless when it comes to these topics.
Re: Muhammads Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery (Ashtiname Of Muhammad) by true2god: 10:16am On May 20, 2015
EzioAuditore:

Ahhh look! Its the irrelevant dog again! Why don't your sit on the beach and wait for your brighter friends, it is an established fact that you are worthless when it comes to these topics.
Just busted your islamic lies with the al-taqiyya thread you just created. We shall be relentless in exposing islamic lies.

allahh lies (not knows) best.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Muhammads Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery (Ashtiname Of Muhammad) by Nobody: 11:09am On May 20, 2015
muhamMAD was a mad man
disaster and pizz be upon him
Re: Muhammads Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery (Ashtiname Of Muhammad) by Nobody: 11:12am On May 20, 2015
true2god:
Just busted your islamic lies with the al-taqiyya thread you just created. We shall be relentless in exposing islamic lies.

allahh lies (not knows) best.

Cheers!

Atta boy! Good for you! Ya ret*rded f*ck.
Re: Muhammads Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery (Ashtiname Of Muhammad) by Nobody: 11:15am On May 20, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
muhamMAD was a mad man
disaster and pizz be upon him

Drunk on communion wine eh?
Re: Muhammads Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery (Ashtiname Of Muhammad) by Nobody: 11:17am On May 20, 2015
EzioAuditore:

Drunk on communion wine eh?
While ya drunk on carmel pizz as recommended by dat fake "prophet"
Pass me some carmel pizz, chilled one asap
Am thirsty
Guess muhamMad was lAying aishat(9) wen he made dat fallacy.
Re: Muhammads Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery (Ashtiname Of Muhammad) by Nobody: 11:29am On May 20, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

While ya drunk on carmel pizz as recommended by dat fake "prophet"
Pass me some carmel pizz, chilled one asap
Am thirsty
Guess muhamMad was lAying aishat(9) wen he made dat fallacy.

Lol! This is rare. A drunk poser, on a second thought, not that rare.
Re: Muhammads Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery (Ashtiname Of Muhammad) by Nobody: 11:33am On May 20, 2015
EzioAuditore:

Lol! This is rare. A drunk poser, on a second thought, not that rare.
Lolzzz
Ifeann abuamam empiree rilwayne001 tola9ja tartar9 de depressed true2god thuthman
Pls help me beg dis guy to tell me where to get carmel pizz, chilled one as recommended by muhamMad.
I wanna cure islamophobia lol
MuhamMMad must ve recommended carmel pizz to his followers wen he was "bangaleeing" aishat(9)
*chilled carmel pizz
Re: Muhammads Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery (Ashtiname Of Muhammad) by Nobody: 11:39am On May 20, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

Lolzzz
Ifeann abuamam empiree rilwayne001 tola9ja tartar9 de depressed true2god thuthman
Pls help me beg dis guy to tell me where to get carmel pizz, chilled one as recommended by muhamMad.
I wanna cure islamophobia lol
MuhamMMad must ve recommended carmel pizz to his followers wen he was "bangaleeing" aishat(9)
*chilled carmel pizz

Like I said. Drunk on communion wine, just like your god was when he shagged 12 year old mary and blamed it on a holy ghost eh? Lol! Get a personality fagg*t!
Re: Muhammads Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery (Ashtiname Of Muhammad) by Nobody: 11:44am On May 20, 2015
EzioAuditore:

Like I said. Drunk on communion wine, just like your god was when he shagged 12 year old mary and blamed it on a holy ghost eh? Lol! Get a personality fagg*t!
lol
12 years?
dont quote wiki pedia for me
buh ya hadith cum koran aishat was thigh raped at d age of 6 and raped penetrated at d age of 9 by a 54 years old man
lol
dat guy called muhamMad is no different from a pig(no regret)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Didn't Attend Pastor Kumuyi's Wife Burial / With Prayers, Necessary Changes, Nigeria Would Overcome Its Problems – Adeboye / Powerfull Spiritual Command with six and seven books of moses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.