Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,657 members, 7,809,488 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:28 AM

With Prayers, Necessary Changes, Nigeria Would Overcome Its Problems – Adeboye - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / With Prayers, Necessary Changes, Nigeria Would Overcome Its Problems – Adeboye (14215 Views)

Paul Adefarasin Displays Super Eagles Jersey With Prayers / Fedup With Prayers? Here Is The REAL POWER For Success / Kill Your Enemies With Prayers This Year | Get RCCG Prayer & Fasting Manual 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

With Prayers, Necessary Changes, Nigeria Would Overcome Its Problems – Adeboye by GoggleB(m): 4:19pm On Aug 17, 2016
Abuja - Pastor Enoch Adeboye, General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God has called on Christians to continue to pray for peace to take centre stage in the country.

He made the call on Tuesday night at the 8th Edition of the monthly Divine Encounter in Abuja.

The General Overseer also urged the Christians not to treat words from God with levity, adding that ‘’a word from God is capable of altering a person’s destiny for good.’’

The Cleric, who made reference to Jacob in the Bible, explained that Jacob’s name was changed to Israel, meaning ‘’May God prevail” due to some circumstances he had with his brother.

``After the change of name, Israel became a great nation, the pastor said.”

He said that the current challenges in the country should not be seen as permanent, adding that with prayers and necessary changes, Nigeria would overcome its problems.

Adeboye assured Nigerians that ‘’one word from God can settle all issues of life’’ including the current challenges in the country.

``A word from God can begin a person’s journey to glory.”
Quoting Book of 2 kings, Chapter 4, verses eight to 17, in the story of the Shunammite woman, the cleric recalled that the word of God, through prophet Elisha, changed her destiny for good.

According to Adeboye, when God speaks to an individual, the manifestation of that word results into abundant supply.
``When God speaks, it is done”.
Adeboye, however, called on Christians to turn away from sin and embrace righteousness and holy living.

The Vice-president Yemi Osinbajo and his wife, Dolapo and Oby Ezekwesili, former Minister of Education were among prominent personalities that attended the programme.

Highlights at the event were prayer for the peace of Nigeria and for the release of Chibok girls.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/prayers-necessary-changes-nigeria-overcome-problems-adeboye/

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: With Prayers, Necessary Changes, Nigeria Would Overcome Its Problems – Adeboye by DLuciano: 4:25pm On Aug 17, 2016
I respect you Daddy, and I believe in your teachings and faith

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: With Prayers, Necessary Changes, Nigeria Would Overcome Its Problems – Adeboye by Nobody: 4:25pm On Aug 17, 2016
X

I don't get it.

This man, like other men who do this job, have forever prayed, fasted and held vigils for Nigeria yet everything about the country is getting worse. Yet, they still keep saying pray.

Yhe same way many of them prayed, fasted & had visions of Boko Haram's death yet it kept getting stronger and they all had to hide away from making any statements on BH.

It is like a case of a bad transmission in a car, the car won't go anywhere till the problem is fixed, praying from now through the next 100 years won't fix it.

These men should start telling the obvious truth & quit taking us back to the method that has not fixed anything in Nigeria.

84 Likes 12 Shares

Re: With Prayers, Necessary Changes, Nigeria Would Overcome Its Problems – Adeboye by dunkem21(m): 4:29pm On Aug 17, 2016
Nice one, daddy cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: With Prayers, Necessary Changes, Nigeria Would Overcome Its Problems – Adeboye by GoggleB(m): 4:35pm On Aug 17, 2016
Nice one.. Nigerians don't look at it from d areas you just pointed out
9jacrip:
X

I don't get it.

This man, like other men who do this job, have forever prayed, fasted and held vigils for Nigeria yet everything about the country is getting worse. Yet, they still keep saying pray.

Yhe same way many of them prayed, fasted & had visions of Boko Haram's death yet it kept getting stronger and they all had to hide away from making any statements on BH.

It is like a case of a bad transmission in a car, the car won't go anywhere till the problem is fixed, praying from now through the next 100 years won't fix it.

These men should start telling the obvious truth & quit taking us back to the method that has not fixed anything in Nigeria.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: With Prayers, Necessary Changes, Nigeria Would Overcome Its Problems – Adeboye by Motherfucker2: 5:46pm On Aug 17, 2016
God or prayers doesn't change a country, people change things.
With the amount of churches and prayers in Nigeria, Nigeria would have been greater and more advanced than USA.

Just sit in your house and continue waiting on your imaginary God to come down from heaven and change Nigeria

19 Likes

Re: With Prayers, Necessary Changes, Nigeria Would Overcome Its Problems – Adeboye by amiibaby(f): 5:47pm On Aug 17, 2016
Every thing is possible with God

4 Likes

Re: With Prayers, Necessary Changes, Nigeria Would Overcome Its Problems – Adeboye by tintingz(m): 5:47pm On Aug 17, 2016
This is what will keep on holding Nigeria back, prayer without action or work. Many Nigerians only pray but don't work for it. Like the bible said "faith without work is dead"

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: With Prayers, Necessary Changes, Nigeria Would Overcome Its Problems – Adeboye by BABANGBALI: 5:47pm On Aug 17, 2016
Baba half come again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: With Prayers, Necessary Changes, Nigeria Would Overcome Its Problems – Adeboye by veekid(m): 5:47pm On Aug 17, 2016
sad since I've come of age to know the situation of this country, prayer never cease to occur in our daily activities, 50-60% of Nigerians pray daily. So what prayer is pastor talking about again? as for me, I don't know about others,im tired of this beautiful no........

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: With Prayers, Necessary Changes, Nigeria Would Overcome Its Problems – Adeboye by worlexy(m): 5:47pm On Aug 17, 2016
Sure

1 Like 1 Share

Re: With Prayers, Necessary Changes, Nigeria Would Overcome Its Problems – Adeboye by RoyalBlak007: 5:47pm On Aug 17, 2016
that's just it..

Its not PRAYER alone undecided
Re: With Prayers, Necessary Changes, Nigeria Would Overcome Its Problems – Adeboye by lolaxavier(m): 5:47pm On Aug 17, 2016
Abeg go sit don...which kain prayer. Since 1960, abeg clear road jare.

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: With Prayers, Necessary Changes, Nigeria Would Overcome Its Problems – Adeboye by Sexytemi(f): 5:48pm On Aug 17, 2016
Amen o!!!!!!!!!!

So shall it be!!!!!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: With Prayers, Necessary Changes, Nigeria Would Overcome Its Problems – Adeboye by chumakk: 5:49pm On Aug 17, 2016
Nigeria is heading to disintegration. It is only small children that will not know it

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: With Prayers, Necessary Changes, Nigeria Would Overcome Its Problems – Adeboye by hahn(m): 5:49pm On Aug 17, 2016
smiley

With Prayers Necessary Changes, Nigeria Would Overcome Its Problems

I agree

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: With Prayers, Necessary Changes, Nigeria Would Overcome Its Problems – Adeboye by angeltolly(f): 5:49pm On Aug 17, 2016
I believe..... Nothing pass prayer. With God all things are possible.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: With Prayers, Necessary Changes, Nigeria Would Overcome Its Problems – Adeboye by Princess4ng(f): 5:50pm On Aug 17, 2016
That's just the truth daddy....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: With Prayers, Necessary Changes, Nigeria Would Overcome Its Problems – Adeboye by Karashisa: 5:50pm On Aug 17, 2016
hmmm

1 Like

Re: With Prayers, Necessary Changes, Nigeria Would Overcome Its Problems – Adeboye by Ayoswit(f): 5:51pm On Aug 17, 2016
ok sir

1 Like

Re: With Prayers, Necessary Changes, Nigeria Would Overcome Its Problems – Adeboye by XieXie: 5:52pm On Aug 17, 2016
nig will never get better with this prayer mentality.
Prayers can never wipe out the deep ethnic hatred in this country

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: With Prayers, Necessary Changes, Nigeria Would Overcome Its Problems – Adeboye by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 17, 2016
God has already answered our prayers.

The main thing is to shun corruption. Nothing more, nothing less.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: With Prayers, Necessary Changes, Nigeria Would Overcome Its Problems – Adeboye by Araoluwa005(m): 5:53pm On Aug 17, 2016
God Bless you Sir

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: With Prayers, Necessary Changes, Nigeria Would Overcome Its Problems – Adeboye by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 17, 2016
This is to the "Delta state environmental protection agency" in particular and all other related bodies. Please for the sake of the generation yet unborn, lands owners and investors or would be investor(s) in the twin towns of ORUWHORUN and ARAGBA in Udu LGA of delta state, We call on all relevant authorities to check the activities of sand dredgers, whose operations are causing serious havoc and untold environmental hardship to residents and visitors alike. A visit to some of their numerous sites in the company of my business partners while searching for lands to locate/site our factory leaves everyone in the team/entourage awed and speechless, seeing the vast level of wanton destruction and environmental degradation perpetuated by just some few elements who are supposed to be sons of the soil and their collaborators.
An on-the-site findings reveals that they (dredgers) neither carried out any form of Enviromental Impact Assesment EIA nor care about the effect of their activities on the surrounding houses, some of which are at the verge of collapsing. Also none of them (dredging operator or businessmen) have any form of landed property or investment within the vicinity of their nefarious operation.
As a Nigerian and a deltan, I believe it is everyone's responsibility to watch out for our neighbors, neighborhood and the Enviroment. Hence my using this wonderful forum. I promised some of the residents I spoke with that I will revisit the sites and also help them pass their plea to the relevant authorities through wherever legal means possible. Please Nairalander help repost this until justice is done. Thanks

4 Likes

Re: With Prayers, Necessary Changes, Nigeria Would Overcome Its Problems – Adeboye by Elzends(m): 5:53pm On Aug 17, 2016
Lemme keep today myself
Re: With Prayers, Necessary Changes, Nigeria Would Overcome Its Problems – Adeboye by dayoungmoney1: 5:54pm On Aug 17, 2016
Our destiny is in our hands as a nation. Let's stop disturbing baba God with prayers, instead our leaders and every citizen should ACT RIGHT and shun greed + corruption!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: With Prayers, Necessary Changes, Nigeria Would Overcome Its Problems – Adeboye by haryomikun(m): 5:54pm On Aug 17, 2016
I don't know why Nigerians love kidding themselves. Truth is,,, you might not pray at all and make the REAL changes and all will become well.

There was a day I was in church and the pastor raised a prayer saying we should pray for Nigeria and its leaders... I was just laughing.

We been praying since 1960 and nothing has been happening grin So e go come happen today

Abeg no be prayer we need... Let the right leaders come and positive change will start

*waiting for the religious people to come and eat me *

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: With Prayers, Necessary Changes, Nigeria Would Overcome Its Problems – Adeboye by sommy03(m): 5:55pm On Aug 17, 2016
Do me a favour... gerarahere

2 Likes

Re: With Prayers, Necessary Changes, Nigeria Would Overcome Its Problems – Adeboye by urchmoney73(m): 5:55pm On Aug 17, 2016
No b only prayer. Guy men pastor's all over naija.
Re: With Prayers, Necessary Changes, Nigeria Would Overcome Its Problems – Adeboye by massinola(m): 5:55pm On Aug 17, 2016
So we are now living our fate for heavens to decide abi?
Re: With Prayers, Necessary Changes, Nigeria Would Overcome Its Problems – Adeboye by misscall247: 5:56pm On Aug 17, 2016
prayers is solution to evrytin we all know.....BT Buhari must acept dat he has faild

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ori (the Head) / Photo: Court Sentences Two Pastors To 7 Years Imprisonment For Stealing N32M / Prophet CS Upthegroove Ordains Prophet TB Joshua Today!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.