Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,627 members, 7,851,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:40 PM

Why I’m Fighting The Elite – Ben Bruce - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I’m Fighting The Elite – Ben Bruce (804 Views)

Why I’m Fighting To Stop Wike’s Probe Of My Administration — Amaechi / Why I’m Not Proud To Call Buhari My President — Aribisala / Why I’m Being Attacked Over Card Readers — Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I’m Fighting The Elite – Ben Bruce by Slingkey(m): 11:10pm On May 19, 2015
May 19, 2015,
By Abiodun Alade.

Media mogul and senator-elect, Ben Murray
Bruce has stated that he is fighting the elite
because they consume the resources of the
country at the expense of the poor.

Bruce, who is known to champion the cause
of the masses, noted that it is absurd that a
few elected officers monopolise the
resources of the country, living a
champagne life while majority of Nigerians
live below a dollar a day.

“I am fighting against the elite. Definitely, I
am fighting them. When they drink that
champagne that can educate a child, they
should know that I am fighting them. You
don’t fly a first class in government while in
your private life, you fly economy.

I am totally
against their lifestyles,” he said in an
interview with Vanguard.

The chairman of Silverbird Group added that
the level of poverty and unemployment in
the country is devastating and more
worrisome is the wide gap between the rich
and the poor.

Ben Murray -Bruce
Ben Murray -Bruce
“We need to enact laws that favour the
masses. The biggest problem in Nigeria
today is that our consumption is on the high
while production is low. Our leaders in APC,
PDP, Labour, APGA and others are all guilty of
one thing, which is consuming the
resources of the majority of Nigerians.

”Imagine a situation where governors fly
private jets, commissioners drive a twenty
million naira car. Commissioners flying first
class, living like kings while the state cannot
pay salary of its workers. If a commissioner
can have three or four policemen around
him, who is policing the poor where they
are being raped, maimed, robbed and killed?
“The question is what do we have for the
masses? There are one hundred million
people living on two dollars a day, in some
places, the unemployment rate is 80 0r 90%
and then you have governors living a
champagne life.

Small wonders in some
places, thieves steal N50, N200, fishing nets
and destroy the lives of the people”.

Bruce who said that it is illegal for elected
officers to live like kings and turn the
electorates to beggars, argued that the
consumption behaviour of public office
holders in Nigeria cannot be justified
because it is against moral and ethical
norms.

He expressed optimism that the
administration of president-elect,
Muhammadu Buhari, will not use the wealth
of the country to service the lifestyle of the
elite.

Source:http://vanguardngr.com/2015/05/why-im-fighting-the-elite-ben-bruce

2 Likes

Re: Why I’m Fighting The Elite – Ben Bruce by grandstar(m): 11:11pm On May 19, 2015
Do not put your trust in nobles nor in the sons of earthly man whom no salvation belongs (Pslams 146:3,4)
Re: Why I’m Fighting The Elite – Ben Bruce by illiad: 11:17pm On May 19, 2015
You can't fight them.
Just join them or they'd disappear you & there'd be no trace.
Re: Why I’m Fighting The Elite – Ben Bruce by Princecalm(m): 11:19pm On May 19, 2015
leave too much talk for market women.
Re: Why I’m Fighting The Elite – Ben Bruce by missbehave247(m): 11:29pm On May 19, 2015
Ben bruce "keep up the good work"

2 Likes

Re: Why I’m Fighting The Elite – Ben Bruce by frodobee: 11:41pm On May 19, 2015
grandstar:
Do not put your trust in nobles nor in the sons of earthly man whom no salvation belongs (Pslams 146:3,4)

You be Jehova Witness?

God cannot come down to earth again to save us, he instead uses mere men like Mr Bruce to touch lives.

Mr Bruce should be commended and encouraged.

4 Likes

Re: Why I’m Fighting The Elite – Ben Bruce by baybeeboi: 1:22am On May 20, 2015
i can't say i don't like this man.
I hope He will not be silenced when they assume office.

1 Like

Re: Why I’m Fighting The Elite – Ben Bruce by Nobody: 1:22am On May 20, 2015
I just love this man for his fight for the poor and the down trodden.
He ll be a pain in thhe neck in this new NA

1 Like

Re: Why I’m Fighting The Elite – Ben Bruce by otil1: 2:31am On May 20, 2015
Guys, it's a branding!

Ben is too good with packaging and he's in d senate with a unique hue.

Otherwise, where has he been all this while? What did he champion when he was DG of NTA? - was he not fronting for Stella Obasanjo? What car did he use as NTA director? Keke? No be prados. All na wash.

He makes sense though, mainly cos he says exactly what d literate masses on social media want to hear.

2 Likes

Re: Why I’m Fighting The Elite – Ben Bruce by modath(f): 2:33am On May 20, 2015
I just wish he had shown an affinity for the masses in the past then I'd believe this showmanship. He just learnt nigerians are suffering undecided,

Wish there could be an alternative universe to guage what his actions/utterances could have been like if it had been Jonathan that won the election instead of incorruptible Baba.
Re: Why I’m Fighting The Elite – Ben Bruce by BabaNath(m): 6:08am On May 20, 2015
Bruce Park well. Tell us about your inglorious years at NTA, what was the financial deal you had with Stella Obasanjo? How did you suddenly become stupendously rich? Listen to you first.
Re: Why I’m Fighting The Elite – Ben Bruce by Yujin(m): 6:30am On May 20, 2015
Mr. Bruce may God strengthen you in this rough path you want to thread on. I know you must have known that the task is a heavy one but be rest assured that many are with you and are even to lay down their lives for the good of everyone. I hate injustice. If I had my way I'll kill as many evil politicians as possible. Why would men have billions in their various bank accounts while many hunger and thirst around them? Its evil. God gave resources and wealth that would be sufficient for everyone but men's greed will never allow everyone to partake in such free gifts.
Re: Why I’m Fighting The Elite – Ben Bruce by babyfaceafrica: 6:38am On May 20, 2015
This guy is making too much noise naw,people who want to make an impact will act..is he not an elite too?
Re: Why I’m Fighting The Elite – Ben Bruce by Raphtop(m): 6:54am On May 20, 2015
and to think the so called elite you want to fight will sit back and watch while you fight them. i think it is only proper you carry out your plans without having to make noise and seek public praise. let your actions attract the praises you may deserve.
Re: Why I’m Fighting The Elite – Ben Bruce by jethro2013(m): 6:59am On May 20, 2015
nice one Ben bruse....
Re: Why I’m Fighting The Elite – Ben Bruce by Beremx(f): 7:03am On May 20, 2015
Is he not part of the elite? Is he a common man?
Ben Bruce is a hypocrite!
Re: Why I’m Fighting The Elite – Ben Bruce by YoursGEJ(m): 7:06am On May 20, 2015
Somebody is trying to do something for a change. Nigerians will always be quick to denounce the messenger and discard the message
Re: Why I’m Fighting The Elite – Ben Bruce by ki02020(m): 7:18am On May 20, 2015
YoursGEJ:
Somebody is trying to do something for a change. Nigerians will always be quick to denounce the messenger and discard the message

Nobody is denoucing him the question is why has he not been doing that long time ago.....or is that without been elected as parliamentarian he has no voice...take for example femi falana always have his say anytime anyday

(1) (Reply)

Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And The Petitions To YALE / Nigeria's Most Wanted Con-man In Fresh Trouble / United For The Common Goal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.