Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,825 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? (30806 Views)

‘Is Buhari Dead?’ Becomes Most Searched Phrase In Nigerian Internet Space / Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 / Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? by browneyes7(f): 10:42pm On May 20, 2015
themodernman:

Chai! You can lie oh!

Oniro oshi!

That's ur freaking bizness...u dnt av 2 bliv it or nt abi I put knife 4 ur throatmscheeww

1 Like

Re: See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? by fapcrook(m): 11:01pm On May 20, 2015
bababuff:
Ni bi ti concorde gbe wa, 747 won wa loke. Jumbo jets won wa loke.
First class lo ye emi Ayinde - LOL
eeku aigbagbe o, ki olorun dele fun eni to tilo

1 Like

Re: See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? by fapcrook(m): 11:06pm On May 20, 2015
kitombo:

plenty obokun fish eating with Alhaja Sade
"Alhaja lo s'obokun fun Alajala"
let Mr complete the song....

Emi meje o, emI mejee, alajala mi owon oloola, alaja shade, you have travelled ball over the world, you have travelled all over the world, ajala travelled, ajala travelled, ajala travelled all over the world
Re: See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? by themodernman: 11:07pm On May 20, 2015
browneyes7:

That's ur freaking bizness...u dnt av 2 bliv it or nt abi I put knife 4 ur throatmscheeww

This one don kolo join cheesy
Re: See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? by pseudonomer: 11:10pm On May 20, 2015
shachris02:

well i don't live in lagos because i don't see any reason too. So your hero is just a local champion. Deal with it.

Don't be a tribalist, be a Nigerian.
Re: See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? by Omotayor123(f): 11:14pm On May 20, 2015
OK. Ajala Travel
Re: See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? by shachris02: 11:14pm On May 20, 2015
pseudonomer:

Don't be a tribalist, be a Nigerian.

you are making it so hard for me. i told you i don't know your guy, then you said i must be bush, because i don't live in lagos? that's crap man. over here in the east, we don't know that niqqa. we have our local heroes here too, which i am sure you've not heard about. does that make you bush too?
Re: See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? by layksyde: 11:35pm On May 20, 2015
This post just remind me of th old nairaland i used to know. Eduinfotainment. Thumbs up OP, kip the gud work going.
Re: See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? by rabzy: 1:09am On May 21, 2015
Thanks Op, knew the song since I was a kid..., but never knew the man behind the song. Now am going to go and get the song and reminisce about my childhood.

1 Like

Re: See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? by Lucasbalo(m): 4:26am On May 21, 2015
I remember him when I was a young boy in Ereko area of Lagos Island in those days. He used to come there in his Toyota Crown with his LO4 Plate License. We used to call him Alhaji Soyoyo oko Ashewo. He was a ladies man then. May his soul rest in peace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? by akigbemaru: 10:21am On May 21, 2015
AJALA TRAVEL PIVTURE
Re: See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? by elitehow: 11:04am On May 21, 2015
interesting
Re: See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? by cutiereborn(f): 11:20am On May 21, 2015
mollytinrox:

Daughter of my mother, we are fine. How's our Lil Kickstar?
He is an Angel, kicking just fine.
Re: See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? by alex406(m): 4:48pm On May 21, 2015
addey44:
Certainly not! Ajala traveled only the initial part of his Odyssey on bicycle. Most of his journey around the world was done on heavy-duty motor cycle.
Thanks for that info
Re: See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? by danielblessing(m): 1:32pm On Jul 04, 2015
okay
Re: See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? by moshoeshoe: 5:10pm On Aug 01, 2015
browneyes7:
He is ma grandpa's brother (maternal side) he ddnt finish writn his book b4 he died wink

Browneyes, my name is Raheem, a freelance journalist and researcher. I dont know how you could help me locate the late Olabisi Ajala's kids or a relative like you who I can do an interview with. I will most sincerely appreciate if you could assist me. My email is creativitysells@gmail.com. Thanks and God bless.
Re: See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? by moshoeshoe: 5:12pm On Aug 01, 2015
oyefeel:
na my In-law papa e be

Oyefeel, my name is Raheem, a freelance journalist and researcher. I dont know how you could help me locate the late Olabisi Ajala's kids or a relative like you who I can do an interview with on Baba Ajala. I will most sincerely appreciate if you could assist me. My email is creativitysells@gmail.com. Thanks and God bless.
Re: See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? by browneyes7(f): 11:35am On Aug 02, 2015
moshoeshoe:

Browneyes, my name is Raheem, a freelance journalist and researcher. I dont know how you could help me locate the late Olabisi Ajala's kids or a relative like you who I can do an interview with. I will most sincerely appreciate if you could assist me. My email is creativitysells@gmail.com. Thanks and God bless.

I av 2 ask ma mum 1st cos she's his niece n bsids I'm nt home nw bt I cann get across 2 ma mum n let u knw watsup.sorry about the short writing bt wait aw do I knw u r a journalist n researcher 4 real
Re: See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? by moshoeshoe: 10:16am On Aug 03, 2015
browneyes7:

I av 2 ask ma mum 1st cos she's his niece n bsids I'm nt home nw bt I cann get across 2 ma mum n let u knw watsup.sorry about the short writing bt wait aw do I knw u r a journalist n researcher 4 real

Thanks Browneyes. I will be expecting your mail. Please google Raheem Oluwafunminiyi to know more about me. You can also visit www.360naija.com to see my works. I am also undergoing my PhD in one of the Nigerian universities. grin.
Re: See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? by obidevine(m): 10:14pm On Dec 03, 2015
POG007:
He was a Nigerian called Moshood Adisi Olabisi Ajala. He was a renowned globe-trotter, socialite and free lance journalist, who was described in many Nigerian songs as Africa's greatest traveler. He was born in Ghana, then moved to Nigeria to school and went to the US at age 18 where he started his travels in the 50s. He supposedly went to 87 countries in six years and mostly on his bicycle. Read Ajala in his own words Below:

Excerpt from his book,

"From America I went to Canada (where I spent a couple of years) and later on to Britain. In 1957 I began my one-man Odyssey around the world. It is still going on as I write this in Sydney, Australia. In nearly all the eighty-seven countries I have visited during the course of my six-year jaunt around the world (ranging from North America to Eastern and Western Europe, through Africa and Asia and as far east as Korea, Indonesia and Australia), I have observed many different political regimes both in democratic and communist states. I have met with brutality and racial intolerance. I have felt the bitter evil of man's inhumanity to man, and have marbled at the goodness of the humane-hearted"

www.elitetribune.com
... He reminds me of Buhari and his constant trips out of Nigeria.
Re: See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? by cosade(m): 8:03pm On Jun 28, 2016
alex406:
In as much as he was a great man, can one possibly travel to 87 countries by bicycle?

He later upgraded from bicycle to Vespa motorcycle. He had the honour of meeting with the Presidents of many countries. Unfortunately, he didn't make money from his fame. It was not like now when he could get corporate sponsorship for the publicity such trip would have attracted. He died as a pauper in Bariga, Lagos.
Re: See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? by LocalChamp: 8:48pm On Jun 28, 2016
nerodenero:
To a say he travelled to 87 countries mostly on his bicycle is astonishing.I first heard about Ajala from Obey's song. The lyrics goes thus:
You have traveled allover the world
Ajala traveled allover the world
Ajala traveled, Ajala traveled
Ajala traveled allover the world

It was on Obeys hit album - Board Members. Here is the youtube link for the album. You will find Ajala travelled from 8:22

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2wmvvP206Q

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Venue Of Port-Harcourt PDP's Convention To Be Held Tomorrow / #iStandWithBuhari Campaign Executive Gets New Jeep Days After Car Accident. PICS / Boko Haram Terrorists Ambush Soldiers In Borno, Scores Feared Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.