Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,709 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) (25277 Views)

Houseboy, Driver's Names Used To Open $15m Accounts For Patience Jonathan- Punch / Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan / Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by nationwide1(m): 12:04pm On May 21, 2015
driand:
EX-PRESIDENT
President! Not Ex-president. He is still the of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by belladonna7: 12:07pm On May 21, 2015
ionsman:

Okpe.Mad man.
He goat,is blindness part of ur problems too....or ur brain dnt tell u dt,i m a lady and nt a man...
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by ionsman: 12:09pm On May 21, 2015
belladonna7:
He goat,is blindness part of ur problems too....or ur brain dnt tell u dt,i m a lady and nt a man...
I didnt bother checking because you are irrelevant. Smelly thing.
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by nationwide1(m): 12:10pm On May 21, 2015
driand:
EX-PRESIDENT
President! Not Ex-president. He is still the of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 12:10pm On May 21, 2015
ionsman:
Lol....I like your name..Popori things.
Naso
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by Ellashow: 12:10pm On May 21, 2015
tolexy007:

think b4 u type, When Gbagbo refuse to leave the d office there Was chaos in his country, do u know how many people died? if Gej refuse to conced defeat and prob started; what is tendency dat u will b where u are today or u will b alive? let us try to appriciate peace.

I'll surely be where I am today by His grace but would the same be said about Gej and his family?

Let's not celebrate mediocrity, Gej did what he ought to have done under active democratic settings. Both parties rigged and the best rigger won with the help of the poor masses that are fed up with the current government.
plain and simple logic...

1 Like

Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by Norajones(f): 12:14pm On May 21, 2015
Most of u ranting up APC dis up GMB dat, will surely regret voting out GEJ in d next years. Go and write this date down somewhere u all will miss GEJ and myt be too ashamed to cum up here and say how much u missed him. Nigerians will ask him to cum back and he will not cos he's a man of integrity. I wish my country well buh let's hope dey voted wisely which I doubt. D westerners played a smart move on all not dat dey really support GMB its cos of the western VP. Nigerians always too blind since the era of NEPA.
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by nationwide1(m): 12:17pm On May 21, 2015
ionsman:

Other African leaders did it before him. Enough of this Gej ass-licking. angry

Can you mention one (1) African leader that conceded defeat and called his opponent on phone to congratulate him?

I can confidently tell you that President Goodluck Jonathan is the first and only African leader in history to do that.
PROVE ME WRONG SIR.
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by lexsals4real(m): 12:19pm On May 21, 2015
Bennymontana:
which masses? You think it was actually your vote that made him lose? What was the difference in margin? You think if GEJ wanted,wit a snap of his fingers he wont exceed the margin?
wat stop him from duin so...he should HV tried dat..man wit all d rigging in d SS/SE he lost woefully.. thank God he didn't went further on tribunal if not Card Reader would HV expose him...
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by ionsman: 12:25pm On May 21, 2015
nationwide1:

Can you mention one (1) African leader that conceded defeat and called his opponent on phone to congratulated him?

I can confidently tell you that President Goodluck Jonathan is the first and only African leader in history to do that.
PROVE ME WRONG SIR.
You are now capitalising on the "he called him" part?
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by nationwide1(m): 12:29pm On May 21, 2015
ionsman:
You are now capitalising on the "he called him" part?
Yes because it is unafrican to be so humble. We know the history.
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by franklingud(m): 12:33pm On May 21, 2015
Legendary Jonathan
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by abysirius(m): 12:36pm On May 21, 2015
HRich:

untill you start to appreciate good things. Good will stil be far from you.
Tread softly, I'm sure you don't want to be cursed. My bible tells me that He would curse those who cursed me. Genesis 12:3
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by fairheven: 12:37pm On May 21, 2015
byrron:

Those that refused to concede were also voted out by the masses but they deliberately hold on to power and if you are a good student of history then u should know the outcome and how those affected countries are faring!

Every rational mind will surely appreciate GEJ for the nobel and honorable path he took.

That can certainly happen in a banana republic like Zimbabwe an the likes, Nigeria is too big for that nonsense
BTW Jonathan did everything to involved the military into politics all in a bid to win power yet he lost
If he had done less than conceeding,he won't live to return to OTuoke. Let's stop this pampering sad sad sad
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by fairheven: 12:41pm On May 21, 2015
Norajones:
Most of u ranting up APC dis up GMB dat, will surely regret voting out GEJ in d next years. Go and write this date down somewhere u all will miss GEJ and myt be too ashamed to cum up here and say how much u missed him. Nigerians will ask him to cum back and he will not cos he's a man of integrity. I wish my country well buh let's hope dey voted wisely which I doubt. D westerners played a smart move on all not dat dey really support GMB its cos of the western VP. Nigerians always too blind since the era of NEPA.
Watever regret will certainly be better than having Jonathan messing our economy for another four years, simply put-anything is better than Jonathan
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by UpLoyo: 12:46pm On May 21, 2015
chronique:
God bless Him for making that sacrifice. There are greater stuffs ahead for Him.

What nonsense, what stup1d sacrifice did the clown make? Despite of the rigging he still lost the election, despite adding 6 extra weeks to perfect the rigging he still lost. And you bunch of clowns still think that's a big deal. I don't blame una, since most of you live under a rock and you don't know how things work in a real world. MKO made a sacrifice died with his mandate the clown got voted out and we should give him award for living an office that fired you? And that's a sacrifice? Goshhhh enough of this nonsense already.
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by LouisVanGaal(m): 1:17pm On May 21, 2015
Norajones:
We would not miss him...not today, tomorrow and in the future! It's people like you that prophesied that Nigeria would go to destruction if APC wins...despite the high corruption in his govt and the present fuel crisis; u dare open your mouth to talk about missing or regret not voting him
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by Nobody: 1:26pm On May 21, 2015
fairheven:

That can certainly happen in a banana republic like Zimbabwe an the likes, Nigeria is too big for that nonsense
BTW Jonathan did everything to involved the military into politics all in a bid to win power yet he lost
If he had done less than conceeding,he won't live to return to OTuoke. Let's stop this pampering sad sad sad

When june 12 election was annulled in Nigeria, was Nigeria in Zimbabwe then?

I usually don't dignify subjective comments with a response.

The relative peace u are enjoying in Nigeria at the moment wasn't achieved through online rantings, someone sacrificed his selfish ambition for the greater good of the majority and every objective being appreciates GEJ for that singular act.
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by OlaoChi: 1:26pm On May 21, 2015
lexsals4real:
General said so out of anger for not allowing d votes of Nigerians to b count while Jonnah sign a document for promising not to run for second in case u don't know... we d masses begs d General to contest again couse no one amongst d politicians match his integrity.. quote me if u like..

Begs the general? is this buhari english?

but why didn't you notice this integrity in 2003, 2007, and 2011? that you had to make him cry
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by LouisVanGaal(m): 1:47pm On May 21, 2015
Ellashow:

I'll surely be where I am today by His grace but would the same be said about Gej and his family?

Let's not celebrate mediocrity, Gej did what he ought to have done under active democratic settings. Both parties rigged and the best rigger won with the help of the poor masses that are fed up with the current government.
plain and simple logic...

Asin eh! We have no standard at all...truly, if you cant stand up for something, you would fall for everything...we have ethical inadequacies; thats why we ALWAYS trip for any1 that shows a trait for good ethics...be it scam or reality..
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by Tex42(m): 2:32pm On May 21, 2015
Jona! You for talk so b4 the election na, say to lead/rule Naija don tire you na.

Buhari's victory was a grand slide, you had no option than to concede defeat na.

Any how Sha you try, no be like some people wey want stay there reach 3rd,4th term... And subsequently becomes Sadam of Naija.

Jona Sha!
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by fairheven: 3:18pm On May 21, 2015
byrron:

When june 12 election was annulled in Nigeria, was Nigeria in Zimbabwe then?

I usually don't dignify subjective comments with a response.

The relative peace u are enjoying in Nigeria at the moment wasn't achieved through online rantings, someone sacrificed his selfish ambition for the greater good of the majority and every objective being appreciates GEJ for that singular act.

June 12 was under military regime, stop glorification of GEJ for God sake,is a mindset for mediocrity. He lost election an accepted defeat period ,nothing special about dat
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by Akiika: 3:20pm On May 21, 2015
I've got 8 more days to tolerate your idiocy!...so no comment!

1 Like

Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by aviazuva: 3:32pm On May 21, 2015
Whether defeated or rigged out, he had no choice.

Really could he prosecute a war with all those two faced
individuals around him and his weakness

The nature of GEJ is not for commanding wars.
Every one including foreigners is praising him for conceding defeat
instead of for good governance and he seems happy about that
as if he was made president to concede defeat instead of govern well and let his works speak for him?
Is concedeing defeat his works?

Let him just retire and go.
Any job the UN shall give him shall be for peace, peace, peace, the sign of the weak one, not justice
but just peace, peace, and peace.

2 Likes

Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by jumobi1(m): 3:39pm On May 21, 2015
Come on guys. Everyone knows the elections were not free and fair. It was rigged massively on both sides but if elections were fair, GEJ knows he would still have lost. If the results were close or if the issue of the true winner is indeed debatable then we will clap for GEJ for conceding.

Africans are so used to injustice that when we see someone act rational or give us what is due, we act like they did us a favor. He is doing himself a favor by conceding.

1 Like

Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by midasbliss(f): 4:14pm On May 21, 2015
litetias:

Just because he's from your place does not mean you shouldn't say the truth
Lol. Are You Kidding Me? My Place Ke?
Uhmmmm Where Is The Truth There To Hide?
The Fact That You And Nigerians Hate Him Yet I Dnt Hate Him Is A Matter Of Choice Sire.
Where Is The Hidden Truth?
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by disumusa: 4:22pm On May 21, 2015
chukwudi44:

BROS HE DID US A FAVOUR,ABIOLA WON AND IBB DID NOT HAND OVER TO HIM AND THE HEAVENS DID NOT FALL.IBB IS STILL ALIVE IN HIS HOUSE CHOPPING SUYA AND RED WINE AND ABIOLA IS ROTTING IN THE GRAVE
son of canibalisin and hate, abiola is still popular than any ibo after death
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by light004: 4:56pm On May 21, 2015
ionsman:

Other African leaders did it before him. Enough of this Gej ass-licking. angry
Bad belle! we need to appreciate his noble gesture so that others can be encouraged to follow. Making statement like your will obviously discourage other due to ridicule. He lost the election but won the hearts of millions of Nigerians who are eternally grateful for his noble gesture of conceding defeat despite the obvious irregularities in the election.

Let pour accolades on him, he deserves it. just imagine what would have happen if otherwise was the case. Let thank God for GEJ.
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by light004: 5:02pm On May 21, 2015
aviazuva:
Whether defeated or rigged out, he had no choice.

Really could he prosecute a war with all those two faced
individuals around him and his weakness

The nature of GEJ is not for commanding wars.
Every one including foreigners is praising him for conceding defeat
instead of for good governance and he seems happy about that
as if he was made president to concede defeat instead of govern well and let his works speak for him?
Is concedeing defeat his works?

Let him just retire and go.
Any job the UN shall give him shall be for peace, peace, peace, the sign of the weak one, not justice
but just peace, peace, and peace.

We need to learn to appreciate good gestures to encourage other do same. Calling the President names is obviously not necessary and disrespectful.

Let be careful when judging other especially when we do not have all the facts.
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by jpphilips(m): 5:10pm On May 21, 2015
You conceded defeat to save your arse you lying scum!!
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by jpphilips(m): 5:20pm On May 21, 2015
nationwide1:

Can you mention one (1) African leader that conceded defeat and called his opponent on phone to congratulate him?

PROVE ME WRONG SIR.

How many African elections have you monitored to arrive at that asinine conclusion?
Why must it be african? guess you don't have any Idea how the Europeans are faring right?
An Oshogbo cave man will always want to be compared with the Kenyapithecus, he never looks up to a brighter cloud.
Disgusting things, why not compare yourself with Haiti you dumb fvck!!
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by litetias(m): 5:22pm On May 21, 2015
midasbliss:

Lol. Are You Kidding Me? My Place Ke?
Uhmmmm Where Is The Truth There To Hide?
The Fact That You And Nigerians Hate Him Yet I Dnt Hate Him Is A Matter Of Choice Sire.
Where Is The Hidden Truth?

Your sensibilities should be offended by the fact that he's leaving the country worse than he met it and as such you should, like the majority of us, dislike him for letting down millions of Nigerians who thought he was the messiah.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kemi Omololu-olunloyo Cuts Ties With Biafra Group, IPOB / My Daughter Was Pregnant When Abducted-father Of Freed Chibok Girl With Baby / Bombers Wanted To Assassinate Me – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.