Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:48 AM

Houseboy, Driver's Names Used To Open $15m Accounts For Patience Jonathan- Punch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Houseboy, Driver's Names Used To Open $15m Accounts For Patience Jonathan- Punch (28013 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: APC Makes U-turn, Appeals For Patience / Fani-Kayode In Lagos Court For Patience Jonathan (Photos) / Niger Delta Women At EFCC Rivers Office Protesting For Patience Jonathan (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Houseboy, Driver's Names Used To Open $15m Accounts For Patience Jonathan- Punch by BeeBeeOoh(m): 12:54am On Sep 12, 2016
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has arrested four domestic servants, including a driver and a houseboy, whose names were used to open bank accounts for Mrs Dame Patience Jonathan, the wife of former President Goodluck Jonathan.

Sources within the anti-graft agency said on Sunday that the companies’ accounts were opened at Skye Bank.

The companies are Pluto Property and Investment Company Limited, Seagate Property Development and Investment Company Limited, Trans Ocean Property and Investment Company Limited and Globus Integrated Service Limited.

The four companies’ accounts, which have since been frozen by the EFCC, have a balance of about $15m while another account, which bears Patience Jonathan’s name, has $5m.

Mr. Sammie Somiari, who deposed to an affidavit on behalf of the ex-President’s wife, said the former First Lady was the owner of the money in the accounts.

She had revealed that she gave millions of dollars to the then Special Adviser to the President on Domestic Affairs, Waripamowei Dudafa, to open accounts for her.

Somiari, however, claimed that Dudafa opened five accounts for Patience and that only one of the accounts was in her name, while the other four were opened in the names of companies belonging to Dudafa.

A detective at the EFCC, however, revealed that Dudafa used his domestic servants’ names to open the four other accounts and then deposited the money into the accounts.

The operative added, “We were investigating Dudafa when we stumbled on those four companies’ domiciliary accounts opened at Skye Bank with a balance of about $15m. On further investigation, we were able to identify the directors of the companies.

“When we detained the directors, we found out that they were Dudafa’s domestic servants. One of them was a houseboy while another one was a driver. Their photographs were used in opening the accounts and their signatures were forged.

“We found out that these domestic servants were completely innocent because they had no access to the accounts. We have since released them. The sole signatory to the accounts was Patience Jonathan and she was issued with a special card, which is accepted worldwide. She has a separate account, which was opened in her name and has a balance of $5m.”

The detective said a lawyer, Amajuoyi Briggs, who allegedly helped Dudafa to perpetrate the fraud, would also be arraigned.

It was learnt that two Skye Bank executives, Demola Bolodeoku and Dipo Oshodi, who helped Dudafa to open the accounts on March 22, 2010, were also being investigated.

The detective added, “This is a clear case of fraud and there is no way the bank officials will say they did not know what was going on. They are under investigation and those found culpable will be arraigned.”

The EFCC operative said he could not immediately confirm if the transaction was reported to the Nigeria Financial Intelligence Unit.

He explained that the commission had discovered a trend which politicians used in laundering and concealing funds, saying it was becoming more rampant due to the operation of the Bank Verification Number which links all accounts owned by an individual.

He added, “What we have noticed is that in order to conceal funds, what politicians and top civil servants do is to open bank accounts in the name of family or friends and then make themselves the sole signatory to the account.

“Don’t forget that we traced about 17 bank accounts to the immediate past Chief of Defence Staff, Air Chief Marshal Alex Badeh (retd.).

“Often times, they do this in connivance with bank officials and that is why the EFCC Chairman, Mr. Ibrahim Magu, has said henceforth, whenever we are investigating a bank official, we will probe the entire bank as well because these officials usually act under the instruction of their superiors.”

Jonathan’s wife has, however, sued Skye Bank for freezing her bank accounts and giving the EFCC vital information about her finances.

She also wants the court to order Skye Bank to pay her damages in the sum of N200m for what she termed a violation of her right to own personal properties under Section 44 of the 1999 Constitution.

http://www.punchng.com/houseboy-drivers-names-used-open-15m-accounts/

4 Likes

Re: Houseboy, Driver's Names Used To Open $15m Accounts For Patience Jonathan- Punch by Lovelynature(m): 1:00am On Sep 12, 2016
Nawa oo

4 Likes

Re: Houseboy, Driver's Names Used To Open $15m Accounts For Patience Jonathan- Punch by GMBuhari: 1:44am On Sep 12, 2016
Jesu Oluwa o

This classic case of greed shows how they can't get enough, they just need to include drivers, housemaids, janitors, gardners virtually anyone they can control.

In their mindless greed, thieving spree, they don't even trust people they used their names to be signatories to the account, which would have been harder for EFCC to trace because cheques or cards would not be allowed, just online banking

Who'd have thunk breeze will blow their yansh wide open?

Meanwhile these are people some hungry, senseless youths are defending offline and online

Shame after glory , grace to grass won't be our portion IJN

But from the depth of my heart, I say Shame on BadLuck Egbere Jonathan, Pathetic Patience Jonathan and anyone who ever glorified them

171 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Houseboy, Driver's Names Used To Open $15m Accounts For Patience Jonathan- Punch by AngryNigerian(m): 1:53am On Sep 12, 2016
Something must be done to banks that receive these monies without recourse to due diligence in accepting deposits! They have all these while been the custodians of funds of corrupt people...

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Houseboy, Driver's Names Used To Open $15m Accounts For Patience Jonathan- Punch by CecyAdrian(f): 2:20am On Sep 12, 2016
Indeed this woman is strong. Jonathan's reason for turning a blind eye and deaf ear on corruption and his inability to effect any tangible impact greatly rests on the shoulder of this woman

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: Houseboy, Driver's Names Used To Open $15m Accounts For Patience Jonathan- Punch by Aufbauh(m): 2:36am On Sep 12, 2016
FLASHBACK: “Don’t vote Muhammadu Buhari. He will put all of us in jail and i cannot be carrying food to my husband in prison”- Dame Patience Faka Jonathan a.k.a Mama Peace (The Woman who saw tomorrow)

219 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Houseboy, Driver's Names Used To Open $15m Accounts For Patience Jonathan- Punch by Nobody: 2:46am On Sep 12, 2016
Am not even interested in her thieving antics, what's getting me overboard is the rate at which the sicko, and poverty driven people are defending her.

Money meant for the public, siphoned blindly by a common criminal, yet some people are defending her..

Shame on our "na our pikin" mentality..

She's just a common thief, if found guilty.

156 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Houseboy, Driver's Names Used To Open $15m Accounts For Patience Jonathan- Punch by modath(f): 2:56am On Sep 12, 2016
I'm 100% sure this is no fresh discovery but the government decided to let info "leak" so that the na "awa pikin" "Jona's govt was sabotaged" "all problems is Buhari' fault" can see why their lives are now messed up!!

These people balled all through but still managed to sow seed of discord in people's minds that will push them to come online with their 10mb gift on 100n recharge to "explain" this or worse deflect attention by asking about "Buratai" !!!

As if Buratai will remain an "officially protected person (OPP, C Pius Adesanmi 2016) till the end of time!!

There have been whispers that River park estate on airport road belongs to mama piss, even if she managed to triplicate herself and the 3 have worked from the day of their conception, nothing in this world can explain it!!! Sure proceed of corruption!!

*see her strong face with horrible eyebrows on top all the thievery* Class has no price tag! cool

93 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Houseboy, Driver's Names Used To Open $15m Accounts For Patience Jonathan- Punch by tit(f): 3:01am On Sep 12, 2016
useless efcc
"a special card which was acceptable worldwide".

my atm card is acceptable worldwide too.
come and capture me.
this people mumu pass baba suwe own.

(has baba suwe made any movie recently or he is chopping ndlea money?)

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Houseboy, Driver's Names Used To Open $15m Accounts For Patience Jonathan- Punch by modath(f): 3:08am On Sep 12, 2016
AngryNigerian:
Something must be done to banks that receive these monies without recourse to due diligence in accepting deposits! They have all these while been the custodians of funds of corrupt people...

Done like how? When the heads of the regulatory bodies were put there by same powers that be... Emefiele got his position as a "Thank you" for his "co-operation" when he was Zenith's big boss, not cos of competence and you expect same man to wield the big stick??

You are talking due diligence when it is an open secret that banks actively seek out clean fine chicks to employ purely with the intent to "exchange" them for deposits from HNI..

24 Likes

Re: Houseboy, Driver's Names Used To Open $15m Accounts For Patience Jonathan- Punch by modath(f): 3:19am On Sep 12, 2016
tit:
useless efcc
"a special card which was acceptable worldwide".

my atm card is acceptable worldwide too.
come and capture me.
this people mumu pass baba suwe own.

(has baba suwe made any movie recently or he is chopping ndlea money?)

You and the real "t*t" have nothing in common, the later is a beauty to behold, haven of pleasure and source of nourishment, while you are just an ignorant sagging pain!!

Go and find out about Visa/American Express' black and platinum cards, not the 100$ limit plastic you are carrying around, which your 1k minimum deposit gave you access to! sad

132 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Houseboy, Driver's Names Used To Open $15m Accounts For Patience Jonathan- Punch by Standing5(m): 3:24am On Sep 12, 2016
Zoo indeed!
$30M X N350/$ =N10+B. Those N10B could have constructed 2,000 housing units in Bayelsa and improved their lives so much.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Houseboy, Driver's Names Used To Open $15m Accounts For Patience Jonathan- Punch by Nobody: 3:38am On Sep 12, 2016
I am not surprised. Have you ever gone to a wedding after eating correct Jollof rice (Public Funds) and you don't go back home with souvenir? cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Houseboy, Driver's Names Used To Open $15m Accounts For Patience Jonathan- Punch by Nobody: 3:55am On Sep 12, 2016
Oh Lord

3 Likes

Re: Houseboy, Driver's Names Used To Open $15m Accounts For Patience Jonathan- Punch by Firefire(m): 5:07am On Sep 12, 2016
Akamara

2 Likes

Re: Houseboy, Driver's Names Used To Open $15m Accounts For Patience Jonathan- Punch by HungerBAD: 5:19am On Sep 12, 2016
This is painful.

I can deal with an educated person stealing from me. There is nothing more painful, more than seeing an illiterate steal an educated and enlightened Country like Nigeria blind.

I feel insulted a person like Patience Jonathan, is stealing from Nigeria.

I still say it. It is not the fault of the Jonathan's that they were minding their business, when the corrupt system via the PDP, came and put honey in their mouth to lick, and boy did these guys and their surrogates lick.

This is very painful.

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Houseboy, Driver's Names Used To Open $15m Accounts For Patience Jonathan- Punch by slyng(m): 5:25am On Sep 12, 2016
Recession has been in the making but we never knew.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Houseboy, Driver's Names Used To Open $15m Accounts For Patience Jonathan- Punch by todayboy: 5:32am On Sep 12, 2016
Media trials

Efcc is the most useless organization

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Houseboy, Driver's Names Used To Open $15m Accounts For Patience Jonathan- Punch by todayboy: 5:34am On Sep 12, 2016
HungerBAD:
This is painful.

I can deal with an educated person stealing from me. There is nothing more painful, more than seeing an illiterate steal an educated and enlightened Country like Nigeria blind.

I feel insulted a person like Patience Jonathan, is stealing from Nigeria.

I still say it. It is not the fault of the Jonathan's that they were minding their business, when the corrupt system via the PDP, came and put honey in their mouth to lick, and boy did these guys and their surrogates lick.

This is very painful.

Media trial efcc just want to blackmail the peaceful mother of Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Houseboy, Driver's Names Used To Open $15m Accounts For Patience Jonathan- Punch by bigboss80s(m): 5:34am On Sep 12, 2016
Doesn't matter what she did. I hope they know that she is untouchable just like the wives of all past leaders including Turai Yar'aduau who I know transferred billions of dollars to Dubai through a particular BDC operator before and after her husband's death. I supported this man to be president but unfortunately he has turned his previously acclaimed anti-graft war into a witch-hunting spree. Buhari should focus on getting our economy out of the doldrums. No straight-thinking Nigerian takes his anti-corruption war serious anymore.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Houseboy, Driver's Names Used To Open $15m Accounts For Patience Jonathan- Punch by todayboy: 5:35am On Sep 12, 2016
modath:

Done like how? When the heads of the regulatory bodies were put there by same powers that be... Emefiele got his position as a "Thank you" for his "co-operation" when he was Zenith's big boss, not cos of competence and you expect same man to wield the big stick??

You are talking due diligence when it is an open secret that banks actively seek out clean fine chicks to employ purely with the intent to "exchange" them for deposits from HNI..

Tell who buhari appoint out of competence

5 Likes

Re: Houseboy, Driver's Names Used To Open $15m Accounts For Patience Jonathan- Punch by todayboy: 5:38am On Sep 12, 2016
modath:

I'm 100% sure this is no fresh discovery but the government decided to let info "leak" so that the na "awa pikin" "Jona's govt was sabotaged" "all problems is Buhari' fault" can see why their lives is now messed up!!

These people balled all through but still managed to sow seed of discord in people's minds that will push them to come online with their 10mb gift on 100n recharge to "explain" this or worse deflect attention by asking about "Buratai" !!!

As if Buratai will remain an "officially protected person (OPP, C Pius Adesanmi 2016) till the end of time!!

There have been whispers that River park estate on airport road belongs to mama piss, even if she managed to triplicate herself and the 3 have worked from the day of their conception, nothing in this world can explain it!!! Sure proceed of corruption!!

*see her strong face with horrible eyebrows on top all the thievery* Class has no price tag! cool

Its just media trial

Change must start with buhari

As far no probe on buratai buhari is only joking

8 Likes

Re: Houseboy, Driver's Names Used To Open $15m Accounts For Patience Jonathan- Punch by Tyche(m): 5:52am On Sep 12, 2016
Enough of all the media trials and NL convictions. The EFCC is now the symbolic dog that barks but doesn't bite, otherwise, how do you explain all the media trials that have amounted to nothing.

meanwhile, how far with Saraki's case sef

11 Likes

Re: Houseboy, Driver's Names Used To Open $15m Accounts For Patience Jonathan- Punch by agwom(m): 6:02am On Sep 12, 2016
hmmmmm
Re: Houseboy, Driver's Names Used To Open $15m Accounts For Patience Jonathan- Punch by Burger01(m): 6:02am On Sep 12, 2016
People are unabashedly corrupt in this country.

Jonathan, see your life. Husband and wife...thieves.

Thieving IB, thieving madam piss... undecided

Abeg, who knows where this buka dey angry

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Houseboy, Driver's Names Used To Open $15m Accounts For Patience Jonathan- Punch by Frank3n2(m): 6:03am On Sep 12, 2016
Chai!!! There os God o!!!

1 Like

Re: Houseboy, Driver's Names Used To Open $15m Accounts For Patience Jonathan- Punch by AlPeter: 6:04am On Sep 12, 2016
See dem trying to defend her.

16 Likes

Re: Houseboy, Driver's Names Used To Open $15m Accounts For Patience Jonathan- Punch by Nobody: 6:04am On Sep 12, 2016
criminal...see her face like ojuju calabar.
Nigerian looters are very dumb. She is suing skye bank because the bank released her financial transcations to law enforcement agencies...I thought this woman has a degree from a university ... lol. The lawyers are also out to milk her... grin
Nigeria is a mess...

Former CBN Governor, Sanusi Lamido said this in 2011:

"In 2008, the price of oil crash from $147 per barrel to $37. Three weeks before the crash i was in washington in the World Bank meeting, they had different model and projections that all Oil price will never fall below $85 per barrel, three weeks after it fell to $37. The only reason Nigeria Economy continue growing was that we had reserves of $62 billion, that was the shock absorber. We don't have that shock absorber today. If the Oil price crashes again; Nigerians will know what a crises is (in other word - Recession)."

http://www.channelstv.com/2011/12/22/cbn-governor-lamido-sanusi-supports-fuel-subsidy-removal-at-town-hall-meeting/

I bet efcc can only recover less than 10% of the public funds looted from GEJ's era. Most would be siezed by anti money laundering agencies overseas never to be returned to Nigeria.

todayboy:
Media trials

Efcc is the most useless organization

Tyche:
Enough of all the media trials and NL convictions. The EFCC is now the symbolic dog that barks but doesn't bite, otherwise, how do you explain all the media trials that have amounted to nothing.

meanwhile, how far with Saraki's case sef

Efcc was strong during OBJ/yaradua era...Gej almost killed the agency....GMB brought it back to life. How much did metuh and omisore return to goverment's coffers again, would you be kind enough to remind us?
I wish efcc could get rid of that plea bargain nonsense and squash these roaches with an hammer.

Fantastically corrupt country.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Houseboy, Driver's Names Used To Open $15m Accounts For Patience Jonathan- Punch by Ishilove: 6:08am On Sep 12, 2016
I will only believe GMB's anti-corruption crusade is legit when these people are prosecuted and jailed 7 years minimum.

Enough of all these revelations without action. When will they be prosecuted??! angry

Corruption in Nigeria is like a stubborn ancestral curse. It will keep passing from generation to generation dispensation to dispensation, gathering momentum, getting worse as each day passes by.

The solution is convicted looters are tied together, taken to a field where grim eyed soldiers are waiting with heavy guns loaded with hot lead, and then...you know the rest.

What a shame. I've given up on this country

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Houseboy, Driver's Names Used To Open $15m Accounts For Patience Jonathan- Punch by Nobody: 6:19am On Sep 12, 2016
Yomieluv:
Am not even interested in a thieving antics, what's getting me overboard is the rate at the the sicko, and poverty driven people are defending her.

Money meant for the public, siphoned blindly by a common criminal, yet some people are defending her..

Shame on our "na our pikin" mentality..

She's just a common thief, if found guilty.
you need to have seen how a nl member called gloshare or shareglo was defending her yesterday as if his/her life depended on PEJ.lol

11 Likes

Re: Houseboy, Driver's Names Used To Open $15m Accounts For Patience Jonathan- Punch by Moreoffaith(m): 6:20am On Sep 12, 2016
shebi dem no use their dog name open..

Mama I hail u ooo.

You sure say this woman no get PHD for lootology?

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Buhari And Governor Willie Obiano: Caption This Photo / Ndume: If You Criticize Buhari In Wuse Market, You Will Not Come Out Alive / Leah Sharibu: British Man Protests On The Streets Of London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.