Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,721 members, 7,809,736 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:07 PM

How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly (41861 Views)

Access Bank Plc Salary Structure: How Much Does Access Bank Pay Staff? / Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? / Help Union Bank Unjustly Terminated My Appointment! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by rightthing276: 6:18am On May 21, 2015
First of all, I want to start by saying I created this Account, just to remain annonymous for now.

My story

In May 2014, Access Bank started A Project called Project ART. The ART means Account Reactivation Team.

Access Bank recruited DSAs (Via various Out sourcing firms)from All over Nigeria with the job function of Reactivating and opening New Accounts. They made all sorts of promises to us which I would highlight below

The Bank said, We would be paid a basic salary of 40,000Naira. Every other extra earnings would come from incentives. The incentive structure was thus, if you open or reactivate an account and the customer takes an ATM card, you get 100 naira, if a customer subscribes for Mobile Banking, another 100 naira, if they subscribe for internet banking, Another 100 naira. Meaning, a DSA can make as much as 300 naira per account. So if I'm able to sign on like 1000 accounts in a month, I can make as much as 200,000 after gathering and counting my 100 Naira. This was really a good deal

The bank set the monthly target at 200 accounts and said, if you can achieve above 200 accounts, that's an A* (A star) grade for the month, if by 6 months, you get an A* in your appraisal, you will get an ipad and a recommendation letter for being outstanding and if by the end of one year, you get an A*

In your annual appraisal, you will be sent to Access bank training school and converted to a full staff of Access bank.
The MD of Access Bank himself, Herbert Wigwe, came out himself and addressed DSAs, highlighting and affirming all these promises, So we were to be sure that it wasn't another recruitment scam.

Hearing all these good news from the horse's mouth was really a spur and so there and then, a lot of us made up our minds to succeed.

So we started work and a lot of people hit and surpassed the targets, you should have seen the way my colleagues worked hard, opening accounts; I mean ALL kinds: Salary , students, regulars, co-operates etc. Some people even travelled outside Lagos to open accounts and get deals. It was that serious.

NB: The DSAs where placed under the supervision of full staff, each team had 10 DSAs and 3 proffessional staff. The structure was, The DSAs would source for the accounts and tag it to the MIS codes of the full staff, meaning, if I work, it would count for some one else in the bank, so basicaly, the full staff would just sit down and be pressing computer, inside AC,while the DSAs would do the Hustling.

Two months into the job, Access bank reduced the basic salary from 40 to 35,000 naira, giving reasons that it was a deduction for health insurance and till today, we did not sign any papers to that effect. Lots of people couldn't take it and so they resigned, infact, that was when the project started loosing core materials(human Assets).

Some people held on, for the hope ahead. By the 3rd month, lots of people were on A*, they met and surpassed the Target. So Access bank maybe did profit and loss and increased the target to 400 accounts a month.

This was the point where I feared my colleagues. There was this girl, Goodness from VI team, that girl is good! There were others like Otaigbe same VI team, there was Lara, Ikeja team, Mayowa too and there was this other born-again girl like that. I call this one Principality mehn! Her name Esther from Apapa team. I think by the end of the project, she was the over all best, I mean National best. I heard her grade was around 150%. That's like an A superstar. She was a game changer and I admired her secretly.

Meanwhile, the first set of incentives came in the 3rd month which was july, the second set came in September so you can imagine people feeding off on 35k for like two months. By the time the incentive started coming in, it was nothing to write home about: people were getting as low as 3000, 6000, 1500. Someone even got 100 naira as I heard. Customers where not funding the accounts immediately, others didn't want ATM cards.

By October, the 3rd set of incentive was suppose to be out and paid, that was were we got the bulkest of incentives since the beginning of the Project. At least, I saw mine was arround 31k but guess what? It has not been paid even as we speak! Since October 2014.

To cut a long story short, by December, Access bank called off the project. I guess the DSAs had fufilled the mission before the set time. So DSAs were put on hold till the verdict was announced on who and who would go to training school. By this time, a lot of people had left, some other waited but the bank wasn't communicating anything to the DSA and so others left too as they lost hope.

Most of these people who left were the real materials while most of those who remained were junks. When a DSA leaves, his work is divided amongst his other colleagues, meaning, if we are 10 and 5 leave, all there accounts would be shared to the thus boosting the grades of some of those junk heads who remained. So most of those left overs would then be having grades like D to C and before you know it A, even when they didn't really work for it. Just a few did work for it Like Principality, Goodness, Otaigbe, Kunle, Lara, Rotibi as I can remeber.

By March this year, the verdict was taken. The full staff had been graded and paid bonuses based on the works of the DSAs, and so the DSAs were expectant. Training school was sure for some even though the Ipad had not yet come and it was past six months.

Guess what the bank did, they reposted the DSAs left to a new team to continue as DSAs- no promotion, no training school, just imagine! No salary upgrade, same 35,000 niara, infact no communication on incentives too.

This is very painful and I'm using this medium to say "Dear Herbert Wigwe, dear Toba Olusola, dear Victor Otuokwu, this is not what you promised us". We feel used and dumped, you told us yourselves that we would be staffed and if you cannot fuffil your obligation to your first customer(your Staff), then I doubt if your second customers should take you seriously. This is an intergrity issue as well.

Some of my colleagues were sacked for stealing and suppressing cash, Access bank has stolen and suppressed over 8 months of our lives and I tag it an intergrity issue as well.

Yesterday, we heard that finally, the Ipad for the exceptional DSAs was ready and guess what, The bank has been disbursing them to those junk heads and has refused to give to those who stayed till the end of the project and also qualified for the Ipads before leaving, saying that provision was not made for those who left. This is so wrong, it is their hard work, Access bank was suppose to give them in October but didn't, why won't you give them the reward of their labour now? Its just like saying you won't pay someone who left your job an outstanding 3 months salary because they left

Dear Herbert, Dear Bolaji, this is another intergrity issue.

Please MODS, move this to the right Spot until appropraite decisions are taken.

Disclaimer: to all those whose names were mentioned, you never can tell, I may have just helped you communicate all you have been unable to say, I may have just helped you get your due reward so don't get angry but be hopeful for a blessing.

206 Likes 42 Shares

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by delishpot: 6:28am On May 21, 2015
Some of these big men are heartless o. shocked shocked

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by Redoil: 6:33am On May 21, 2015
Too many problem in the nigeria job industries. I will encourage the op to be patient with them for even the incoming govt has finnaly conclude plan to downsize the govt workers so as to get enough fund to compenset it sponsors..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by eleko1: 6:40am On May 21, 2015
U aren't far from the truth,so pathetic sad

9 Likes

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by Nobody: 6:44am On May 21, 2015
Front page please. Financial institutions in Nigeria with their phoney ideas.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by eleko1: 6:45am On May 21, 2015
Do we even have Labour leader in dis contri sad NLC is a shithole

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by sholay2011(m): 6:54am On May 21, 2015
Oh boy...this is heart-wrenching.

6 Likes

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by Xslaze3xd(m): 7:01am On May 21, 2015
Nigeria Labour Congress is a disgrace to the Masses.... in fact it is more useless than my poo. This is Modern Slavery

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by Caseless: 7:02am On May 21, 2015
I don taya for these banks and their show of disrespect towards their workers. angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by Ishilove: 7:11am On May 21, 2015
There are two sides to every story. Let us hear from the side of the bank before concluding.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by Pavore9: 7:13am On May 21, 2015
Taking advantage of fellow Nigerians but feeling very comfortable paying CNN millions of dollars for Adverts! So sad. angry

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by sammieguze(m): 7:13am On May 21, 2015
Hmmmmmm...

Corruption everywhere.
Liars everywhere.
Everybody taking the poor for granted.

May the Good Lord fight our battle for us

15 Likes

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by generaluthman: 7:13am On May 21, 2015
Eyah!!! Pele
Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by nerodenero: 7:13am On May 21, 2015
A case of monkey dey work, baboon dey chop. It has always been the case as it's not new. This issue needs to be addressed.

1 Like

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by Rahmatuparker: 7:14am On May 21, 2015
Eyaah sorry
Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by haibe(m): 7:14am On May 21, 2015
This is serious

2 Likes

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by CountDracula(m): 7:16am On May 21, 2015
Pele. Na so life be

1 Like

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by NetBizguy: 7:16am On May 21, 2015
Official crimes in every office in Nigeria.

Most of these people who left were the real materials while most of those who remained were junks.
meanwhile why call a fellow Junk? there are other better ways to tell us there performance weren't up to expectation. learn that today.

am yet to come up with my own issue with ECOBANK Soon. watch out!

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by Marvyx(m): 7:16am On May 21, 2015
Encourage yourself bro...
This is the problem with the private sector and especially the banking sector.
But if you guys can put that kind of effort and be able to excel, you need to think of starting something on your own. Cheers

14 Likes

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by Nobody: 7:17am On May 21, 2015
cry cry
I got to the last stage of UBA's recruitment, but never heard from them! I was hurt! But now, I'm so glad it didn't work out! I'm in a much better place. smiley

These Banks are like slave houses! angry angry angry

22 Likes

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by kazmanbanjoko(m): 7:18am On May 21, 2015
Banks wey graduate dey strive to work, na him dem come dey complain for. Some teachers even earn more than them.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by ifeoluwasegun(m): 7:19am On May 21, 2015
I'm hopeful it gets to the right destination!
Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by kingstylo01(m): 7:19am On May 21, 2015
See the way Nigerian graduates are suffering..

Later they'll say slavery has been abolished..

My advice to bank contract staffs (and to all graduates): startup a business, no matter how little it is, and be your own boss. I know the country is hard, buh beleive me you, reduce your expenses and save a lot. Startup something and stop being a slave to those banks!

Hustling to be ma own boss. God see me through ma hustle.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by oluwagadaffi(m): 7:20am On May 21, 2015
Chai diaris God o..................... and to think am preparing for access bank aptitude test.

Nothing wey eye no go see for Naija

2 Likes

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by abbeycial: 7:21am On May 21, 2015
when in situation like this,u keep up ur game,increase the tempo of ur race calculatively,put all ur trust in the ultimate one and i bet u it wld be worth all the troubles. confirmed,shiiit happens everywhere.

#ihavebeentherebutattheendGODWINS#

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by chieyine(m): 7:21am On May 21, 2015
If you can do that for another person under the guise of employer/employee getting so many customers for them,improving their cashflow and getting peanut as take~home pay which cannot take you home then you need to sit down and think.
I admire those who left when they were treated unjustly. They know their worth. My spirit remains with you all .
My first time on front page.
This day shall be a blessed day

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by Helkayklassic(m): 7:21am On May 21, 2015
We've heard from UBA, FCMB and now Access...Which bank do u think is next?

Lets wait and see.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by HungerBAD: 7:22am On May 21, 2015
Modified.

Read everybody's contribution up to the last page.

I invested a lot in Shares and Stocks in this Bank from Years ago which gives me a good return yearly, but i will be instructing everything is sold off next week.

This is modern day slavery.

5 Likes

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by dondestiny(m): 7:23am On May 21, 2015
Unjust

1 Like

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by bablononi(m): 7:23am On May 21, 2015
Banks banks banks.i rada start doing ajo self.atleast u will see the woman passing everyday,TRANSPARENCY undecided

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Gets Sacked For Fraud After Wife Testifies In Church Of His New Mansion / He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him / My Salary Bank Statement In Kogi For 2015 & Last Promotion Letter (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.